[IC] TotMV:G2: Jak and Daxter Subplot: Grassweed Forest.

Hal Henderics

Jade O'Duffle (36/38, 6/6 Basic Rounds, Quill Tuffed)

Jade sees the helpless fish flopping about on land. He spits right on it before firing one round into it's skull. "Alright Gary, you holding up okay? Ready to move on? I've had enough of this bridge to last a life time." He he notices the piece of grass in his mouth is getting pretty old. Noticing there's an abundant of grass here he picks a piece and sees how good it is.

Aim to Kill the helpless Fish then pick a piece of grass

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--Ritsu--

"Aye? Yah, I think we can do sommin."

He scratches his chin.

"Mah Anchor, I could drop it on tha vent, close it up.  It'ld cause the whole lakebed ta erupt, iffen the fish were over the cobbles, it would be floppin round helpless till the vent popped loose!"

He starts pushing the Boat into the water.

"I'll park meself over the middle, give me a signal and I'll drop Anchor, Sound like a plan, or do ye have yer own plan?.."

--Jade--

The fish is blown into black mist and a Floating Green Blob which glows brightly.  There isn't much, but it is clearly Green Eco.

A piece of grass is picked, it is green and alive, very vibrant.

Jade O'Duffle (36/38, 5/6 Basic Rounds, Quill Tuffed)

"This'll do quite nicely" He mumbled to himself spitting out the old piece and replacing it with this new one. He can't really explain the sensation of putting a crisp piece into his mouth. He glaces back at where the fish was and he is relieved to see some Green Eco. Hopefully this'll get rid of the quills on him. "Looks like I'll be able to fix this wound sooner than later." He walks over to the Green Eco and uses on where the quills lie.

Equip Very Vibrant Piece of Grass and use the Green Eco on the Quills

--Jade--

Jade Picks up the Green Eco, absorbing it.

Floating Green Eco: A Mysterious ball of energy, associated with Healing and Life, without a container, it is used automatically. When used, the user gains +5 Health and loses one physical Debuff as the healing energies purge bad things from them and heal their wounds.

The Green Eco Restore's Jade's Health, and eradicates the taint.

Statuses Cleansed, Health Restored.

Jade O'Duffle (38/38, 5/6 Basic Rounds)

"Ah, much better." Jade brushes the area wiping off any dirt there. He then replaced the one bullet he used up, stowed his gun, and cracked his knuckles. He turns back to Gary, "All right lead the way whenever you're ready."

Reload Ace of Spades with Basic Rounds

Jade kills a fish, and obtains a green substance he identifies as 'Green Eco' and heals himself with it. He then asks Gary to lead the way.

"Alright, lets do this," Gary states with enthusiasm as he walks forward toward the adventure that awaits them.

Jade O'Duffle

Jade follows behind Gary as they make their way towards the Temple. Supposedly they need Blue Eco to enter the temple but he has yet to seem some on their way over here. Hopefully there will be a source soon or entering maybe a problem.

Head Towards the Temple behind Gary

Mitsurugi draws her sword, and undoes the ties holding its sheath to her waist before holding the latter out toward Kino. "Can you speak with the souls bound to this? I cannot commune with the dead, but perhaps they have something they wish to tell me." The spirits that had willingly subjected themselves to this in order to keep her alive, tying themselves to this inanimate object, aware of the world but unable to affect it. . . they must be degrading already. It pained her greatly to think of it; they would soon become vengeful spirits, or so she feared, full of the same hate that Kino had described. 

After handing the sheath over, she considers the task in front of her. Free the familiar from the box in the river. She takes a single step back, then leaps toward the crate, floating gracefully through the air. She sends a barrage of magic bolts at the fish in the water as she does so, to discourage them from attacking her while she recovers the crate.

Alexandria politely asks Ritsu to give her some more heals, since unlike everybody else she isn't restored to full health at the end of encounters.  Ritsu has no reason to refuse, so once that finishes Alexandria goes and stands under the yellow eco vent for a while, analyzing the exotic substance and filling three hard-light bottles with it.  Then, she goes in search of other kinds of eco to investigate, and precursor metal or possibly a friendly dragon to help the archaeologist.  

[OOC:  In 6013, shed dragon scales can be smelted into nigh-indestructible battleplate, which would have the same properties that Lua Da needs.  Alexandria assumes that dragons exist everywhere and all have this property.]

Edited by Zoe_Walker

"I'd have to check with my acquaintance, who also happens to be underwater still. I'll let you know in a moment," Ritsu says before warping back into the water next to Alexandria. Noting that she herself is still not at peak performance after that explosion, Ritsu decides to do a bit of maintenance on herself while informing Alexandria of her plans. "So, due to problems it has caused for local fishermen, I need to catch that fish that was around earlier. Apparently closing this vent will cause the lake bed to erupt or something, which will allow for capture. He plans on dropping an anchor on the vent in order to close it. Since you're down here also, I figured I would ask if you want to try that method or a different one to handle this situation."

Ritsu uses Restoration on herself (1d4 +Int (4))

"That works," Ritsu says, noting that Alexandria can keep the fish from accessing the vent. Ritsu then begins trying to warp near the fish to strike it down or warp it to the surface if possible.

--Jade+Gary--

Jade and Gary Enter the Temple Grounds.

The first thing they notice is that several huge boulders of volcanic stone have been piled in front of the temple doors, and those boulders are also crawling with giant bug like monsters.

To either side of the temple, there is a Camp of Lurkers, Strewn with bones with a campfire in the middle, and on the other side, a Blue stairway leading to an ascended path along the side of the temple.

There is a Red Stairway on the side with the Lurkers, but it has been damaged beyond usage, rendering normal ascent impossible.

There are several open pools of Black sludge, some kind of Dark Eco, surely.  And Black Crates Piled around them.

In addition, several giant wooden pillars jut from the land, topped with what look like large disks, and a wooden structure on top of the temple, which shares the make of the pillars.

At the bases of these pillars, metal machines have been attached, with wires running up to the top.

Map

Spoiler

ppmOREe.png

--Alexandria+Ritsu--

Ritsu grants themselves some healing as well, gaining(1d4+4=3+4=7) 7 Heath, while Alexandria Plugs the Vent with her body, Gaining Yellow Eco Effect.

Alexandria Spends her turn filling 3 Hard Light Bottles with Yellow Eco.

Yellow Eco: A Hard Light container of energy, associated with Ranged Power and Firepower. When used, the user gains 3 Syn for 2 Turns, and their attacks all deal 1d6 Ranged fire Damage while this is active, as the energies flowing through them send yellow fireballs at opponents.  They can sacrifice the bonus damage to convert their melee attacks purely to ranged.

Using her analytical tools, she finds that the Yellow Eco is apparently Nanomachinery either natural or artificial, made entirely of sub-atomic particles, such as electrons and photons.

It has several trigger points and the processing power to self-arrange itself into various things related to it's purpose, which appears to be Emission and Transmission, and can exist in several forms, including solid, liquid, gas, plasma, and energy.

It seems this Eco's Sole Purpose is to allow things to act like they have a ranged option, or, if they already do, to have a stronger or additional ranged option.

(14, 15) The Fish is coming close now, flying at Alexandria with great speed, and Alexandria isn't wedged deep enough in the vent to clog it, bubbles still escaping.

A shadow passes over Alexandria.

Ritso Teleports right in front of the fish.

Status

Hide contents

Ritsu- 8 Damage Taken.

The Bigger Fish- 59 Damage Taken.

Alexandria- 21 Damage Taken. Yellow Eco for 2 Turns.

"There you are," Ritsu says as she swings her chainsaw at the fish in front of her.

Ritsu strikes the fish with Bleeding Blade (3d4 + STR (8)) *will inflict bleed status ( 1d4 + 1/2 STR ignoring RES ) if fish doesn't die*

Alexandra exits the vent, and wedges a Hard-Light Barrier into the opening.  Perhaps this will do the job better.  Since the barrier is not between her and the enemy, she can act as normal as long as she doesn't get too far away from the projection.

Edited by Zoe_Walker

Jade O'Duffle

"Huh, the entrance is blocked by some rocks. We either have to destroy them or move them aside. Though there seems to be some bugs on them." Jade quickly drew his revolver shooting on of the insects on the boulders. They needed get the boulders out of the way as well ass any bugs that might get in their way while moving them. No hard feeling bugs but that's the way it's gotta be.

Aim to Kill on one of the insects with Basic Rounds (2d6 damage + 11% chance to Crit)

--Ritsu+Alexandria--

Ritsu attacks the fish as it crashes into her with Bleeding Blade, Shoving her weapon into it's body, and dealing (3d4+8-5=11+8-5=14) 14 Damage to it.

It is afflicted with Bleed, and takes (1d4+4=4+4=8) 8 Damage as it's lifeblood leaks out of it.

The Fish's Wild Animal Attack deals (1d20+10-3=19+10-3=26) 26 Damage to Ritsu, caving in her chest as it slams into her!

(16, 11) Alexandria Plugs the Vent with a Hard Light barrier, the Pressure is building up, and then, it Explodes!

The Y Shaped Path of Rocks is now above the surface of the Lake, Alexandria is still underwater in the center, observing a mass of bubbles and Yellow Eco erupting from the lakebed in the Y Shaped Crack in the earth surrounding her, but Ritsu and the Fish are both Above Water, The Fisherman's Boat is in the middle, and he has a Harpoon Ready, and immediately begins aiming it up!

Status

Hide contents

Ritsu- 34 Damage Taken. (CRITICAL)

The Bigger Fish- 81 Damage Taken.

Alexandria- 21 Damage Taken. Yellow Eco for 1 Turns.

--Jade--

(11, 17) Shooting the bugs does in fact kill them.  It also irritates the ones hidden in the boulder pile to come out.

They are coming right at the both of you now.

"Well, I guess we are going straight into battle... ok then..." Gary draws his sword once more, (Shield is still out) and attacks the same bug Jade shot, hoping to finish it off

Attacks with Iron Sword of Awesomeness (1d6 + STR)

Jade O'Duffle (5/6 Basic Bullets)

Jade gets behind Gary and his shield and starts shooting them one by one. Getting up close was never his strong point but Gary seems like the kinda guy who can take a hit. "Beware, these maybe bug but many insects are venomous." 

Aim to Kill on one of the bugs

Kino

See? All good things to those who wait. The unexpected favor enticed the two siblings equally.

So there are friends ensnared in this thing? We must set them free-

Not until we know what it is. Kino eyed the seemingly ancient sheathe handed to her; it seemed dubious for what it looked like, and, true to its owner's word, there was some form of magic...some form of ensnarement or binding that existed within the piece of metal, as if it were alive. Try hearing it -- connecting with it.

A few moments passed with Enma in a rare silence before she gathered something.

Servitude to the one who wields the sword, she answered. The faintest whisper as it might have been, Enma had at least one clue. She frowned at what she had seemingly heard. Duty and servitude are no fun. They should join us in freedom.

Can you get anything else?

I'm trying, but not all new friends are open-minded like me. 

Slightly curious and hesitant about what belied within the sheathe, Kino returned to address Mitsurugi.

"Mitsurugi-san," She began. "Not to be rude to you, but may I ask the circumstances of which you acquired this sheathe? Perhaps it would be easier for me to comprehend...whatever it is that is trapped within this belonging of yours if you told me anything you know about it."

--Mitsu--

5 hours ago, Adamance Ascendant said:

Mitsurugi draws her sword, and undoes the ties holding its sheath to her waist before holding the latter out toward Kino. "Can you speak with the souls bound to this? I cannot commune with the dead, but perhaps they have something they wish to tell me." The spirits that had willingly subjected themselves to this in order to keep her alive, tying themselves to this inanimate object, aware of the world but unable to affect it. . . they must be degrading already. It pained her greatly to think of it; they would soon become vengeful spirits, or so she feared, full of the same hate that Kino had described. 

After handing the sheath over, she considers the task in front of her. Free the familiar from the box in the river. She takes a single step back, then leaps toward the crate, floating gracefully through the air. She sends a barrage of magic bolts at the fish in the water as she does so, to discourage them from attacking her while she recovers the crate.

(14, 7) With ease, Mitsu's blasts do indeed discourage them, with death.  She recovers health from the green tinged water left by the dead fish's explosions.

She cracks open the second Scout Fly crate, 3 more to go.

--Jade--

(12, 3) Bullets beat bugs without range, they are all shot down as they appear, and eventually, they stop appearing.

--Alexandria+Ritsu--

Alexandria's Taunt Suceeds, the Fish is distracted for a mere moment as the Harpoon's air pressure gauge pops, and it misfires, stabbing both Ritsu and the Fish clean through...

Everything passes by in a blur after that, and it is touch and go for a bit, before Alexandria calmly walks back into Lua's Lab, and Ritsu wakes up to a bright light emanating form her chest.

Blatant Power Core: A brightly glowing Power Cell is in the center of the user's Chest, heavily integrated into their systems, it has 1/2 their health and the user's RES, and any enemy with more Int than the user can target it instead of them if they so choose. It "Feels" warm, and Feels more important than their other components.

Alexandria takes the liberty of carrying back 55 Precursor Orbs, a Pile of Secondary Precursor Metal, an Unknown Precursor Artifact, and a Power Cell.

Lua Da scrambles in, slipping on loose papers, before picking herself up and walking over to the Operating table.

"H-how are you feeling dear?" she asks, wringing her hands nervously.

"Well, that wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be! bugs where I come from are much harder to kill" Gary exclaimed as he pulled the tip of his sword out of one of the bugs, "So, now we need to move these rocks... any ideas?"