[IC] TotMV:G2: Jak and Daxter Subplot: Grassweed Forest.

Hal Henderics

Mitsurugi collects the orbs.

She remained quiet as Kino wove her tale. She comes from no small tragedy herself. "I am sorry for your losses. A person who believes they are firmly in the right can do the most utterly vile things."

Mitsurugi starts to head toward the nearby set of wooden crates, to collect their orbs. After doing so, she will go to the river in an attempt to collect the other metal crate.

She speaks with the dead, and is one of them herself. . . I wonder. . . "Kino-san, may I ask a favor of you?"

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kino

As Kino set the note down on her tale, she noticed her sentient companion collecting orbs from crates as they spoke, raising a brow in curiosity at her current activity. Nonetheless, she agreed with Mitsurugi's opinion of people with wrong, deluded ideals producing the same results. It was then, however, that Mitsurugi had asked a favor of the nun, piquing her curiosity even more. "I would agree with you. Is there something you require of me? I shall aid you in any way I am able, as thanks for your little rescue earlier." 

Nee-san, you aren't going to be wasting your time helping this girl, are you? We have to play and find new friends!

Kindness is repaid, Enma. Something you may try and learn for yourself, once in a while. Kino returned, knowing that she had won the exchange easily, gaining small amusement from her spoiled younger sister's pouting tone. 

Edited by Noir

--Ritsu--

In the Inn, Ritsu find a hustle and bustle of activity, cleaners and such, a small eating space holds a veritable hulk of a man, his hat covered in Fishing paraphenalia, he seems to be the one to talk to, he is currently drowning his sorrows in food, gobbling down a meal by himself.

--Kenta--

Kenta Tried to enter the Graveyard, but a Warning Sign, Fences, Barred Entryway, and Giant Purple Flowers flooding the graveyard tempt him not to, A person is there, who explains.

"Your friend tried coming in too, the plants in there are poisonous, and we don't have what we need to fix it, I sent him to the Grassy Path down there to turn on the Green Eco Beams so we can clear it up..."

He points Kenta in the right direction.

--Alexandria--

Bigger Fish Theme

The Bigger Fish's own Plasma Ball Strikes Alexandria Head on! It's Wild Animal Attack deals ((1d20+1d6+10)-8=10+4+10-8=16) 16 Damage, as the Plasma sears into her frontal plating.

Alexandria Begins Charging up her Plasma Cannon...

The Bigger Fish Fires another Ball of Plasma at her!

Alexandria's Plasma cannon Finishes Charging, and she counters with her own Plasma Orb!

((3d12+1d6+2)-5=33+6+2-5=36) verses ((1d20+1d6+10)-8=19+2+10-8=23)

(Winner-Alexandria, Combined Damage-59)

Her own Plasma Orb Collides with it's, but hers is the greater force, sending a larger but slower orb at the Beast!  It is slowly traveling to the center vent, and obscures vision of the fish entirely, Alexandria can't see it behind the giant orb.

Status

Hide contents

The Bigger Fish- 0 Damage Taken, 2 Turns of Yellow Eco.

Alexandria- 16 Damage Taken

--Mitsu--

Mitsu, Jade, Gary and Kino wade through the tall grass, walking to the next set of Crates.

(11, 20) A half buried crate in the grass is stepped on by (1d4=2) Jade, causing an explosion!

Dark Eco enters Jade's Inventory, which sears at their skin as they absorb it, (3271) They take 5 Damage, and a patch on their chest suddenly sprouts black quills, sharp as razors, the skin around it looks unhealthy and pale.

Status Effect: Quill Tuft: The user deals 1d6 damage to an enemy attacking them, which respects RES, Chest armor worn loses 1 RES permanently from it's statistics as the quills damage it.

This can be removed with directed healing, directed status cleanse, or a Logical Solution.

Floating Dark Eco: A Mysterious ball of energy, associated with Mutation and Death, without a container, it is used automatically. When used, the user takes 5 Damage and gains a random status effect as the mutagenic and caustic energies twist their bodies.

(8, 12) A snake in the trees bites (1d4=2) Jade for (20, 20) 0 Damage, as it impales itself on the quills trying... It explodes into Dark Purple Sparkles and smoke, like the other aggressive wildlife.

The Quills grow longer where the dark mist touches them.

(1, 2) Breaking open the wooden crates, Mitsu finds 1 Precursor Orb.

Walking up to the river, Mitsu sees it wind back around to town, possibly feeding the lake from before, it is teeming with purple Pirahna like fish, which glare up at her angrily, going so far as to wade near the surface of the river ready...

(HIDDEN) Mitsu thinks she can get in there safely for that Crate.

Status

Spoiler

Mitsu- 3 Damage Taken.

Jade-5 Damage Taken, Quill Tuffed.

Map

Spoiler

yRh7iHL.png

Edited by Hal Henderics

Ritsu walks over to the eating area, where she spots a man who's appearance is that of a fisherman. She figured that this was the person the shopkeeper mentioned, but she decided not to come on as too aggressive at the start.

"Excuse me sir, is something the matter?"

"Yah, meh damn boat's busted, big fish bit it to shreds, put me outta mah career!  I cannae do no fishin' till it's taken care oh'.  I trued killing tha beastie, but it hid under the water and blasted shots at me whene' I got out the harpoons, It's them damn underwarter fissyers, the pressure builds up until either the whole lake bed gets blasted to the surface for a while, or the damn vent starts bubblin up.  That yello gunk has the fish shootin bullets, and I've had teh take all the pointy bits offa my ship cause of it shooting my catch inta vapor in the water when it catches a blobo it."

He rambles, Slamming his fist into the table.  The rest of the patrons look disenfranchised, it seems this is not the first time he has discussed this.

Jade O'Duffle (33/38)

As the box exploded and the Dark Eco entered his body forming quills Jade became immediately concerned. After seeing what the substance had done to those plants having any amount of it in him is a scary thought. "Damn, I need to watch where I step here or I'll be walking out with more then just burns." He takes out the potion he had been saving from the first world and applies it directly onto the quills. Hopefully it'll stop this infection before it gets bad.

Use Potion on the Quil Tuff

Ritsu frowned, knowing that his predicament would make convincing him to pay back the shopkeeper a tough sell. Then again, Ritsu figured that she might be able to manage something.

"I see. Technically, I was asked by the tool shop owner to inform you that you needed to pay him back. However, given your predicament, that may have to be put on hold slightly. Instead, how about I see about dealing with that fish that's been causing problems for you. We can work out further details afterwards. Is this acceptable?"

--Jade--

(7, 20) They begin to recede, and the skin gets some color back, and Jade feels much better overall, but they don't go away entirely.

Health Maxed.

--Ritsu--

(19, 3) "Yah! That's Perfect! Strappin one like you, perfect, Let's go!"

He stands up and walks out, in the direction of the Beach.

Gary watches as Jade not only steps on a crate and get natural thorns, but also get nearly attacked by a snake that eventually gets hit by the spikes perturbing from Jade. Luckily, Jade appears to have a potion to help with this. "Well, its times like this I wish I had some potions to help with, or at very least the materials to make them... you going to be okay to keep going Jade? I have some steak if that will help in any way."

Ritsu follows the man to the beach, where she notices the water...bubbling? That didn't sit very well with her.

"I'm a little new to the town, is the bubbling water normal? Also I don't see any of the yellow gunk you mentioned."

--Ritsu--

"No, and the Yellow inn't bubblin up, I need to patch my little boat so we can get out on the water, see if you cannae figure out ouer little mystery."

He stalks off to a boathouse, and goes inside.

The Bubbling is near the shore, and traveling slowly to the middle of the lake.

Ritsu looks towards the bubbling with a bit of curiosity, noting that the bubbling is moving towards something. What, she couldn't say just yet. Deciding to check it out, Ritsu revved her chainsaw once and began to go into the water.

Good thing my equipment isn't hindered by water, Ritsu thinks to herself briefly, before informing the man of her plan. "While you're fixing up your boat, I'm going to take a quick look in the water," Ritsu yells before fully going into the water, activating her magitech based scanners to try and figure out what is happening.

"Hm.  Interesting."  Alexandria draws on her divine power, and uses wall hack to make the giant ball of plasma ignore things that would impede it from reaching the fish.  "These precursors are also lax admins.  Tactical prospects:  Excellent."

Jade O'Duffle (38/38, 6/6 Basic Rounds, Quill Tuffed)

"Wasn't enough it seems." Jade grumbled in disappoint. He spits on the ground in anger, the wound still pains him a bit but you couldn't tell that by his expression. He's dealt with bites from coyotes worse than this, hopefully. "I'll be fine, only a flesh wound for now. While I'd love a fine steak now's not the time to be dining, we need to keep moving to the Temple.. I've heard Green Eco can get rid of this stuff quite nicely, and I've heard that Temple has large amounts of it." Jade pulls out his revolver, The Ace of Spades, as he crosses the bridge. He keeps a close eye on the piranhas in the water if they decide to jump out and bite him. The sooner he can get to the temple to cleanse himself of this infection the better.

Cross the bridge and shoot the first Piranha that attacks him

--Ritsu+Alexandria--

Ritsu Dives underwater, and sees a Glowing sun flying away from Alexandria as she channels some kind of power into it.

At the same time, Alexandria Channels power into the Golden Sun, making it pass through hindrances, suddenly, water cascades into it, and it moves much faster, the water no longer interacting with it, in addition, a yellow plasma ball comes through, floating towards Alexandria.

(17, 12) The Giant Sun Carashes into The Bigger Fish, dealing a whopping 59 Damage to it! It swims away, screaming blood and flesh, it disappears into the fog, and is lurking nearby.

Getting into the Eco Vent might help her firepower, she thinks, she just needs to deal with this Plasma Orb, she could probably do any number of things to subvert the slow moving projectile.

Ritsu hears a shouting from above the surface.

Status

Hide contents

Ritsu- 0 Damage Taken.

The Bigger Fish- 59 Damage Taken, 1 Turn of Yellow Eco.

Alexandria- 16 Damage Taken.

--Jade+Gary--

(16, 19) Jade shoots at the piranha that jumps out at him, but misses, it collides with his chest, knocking him off balance and dealing 1 Damage.

Jade is wiggling on the edge of the simple bridge.

(4, 20) Gary follows, but gets hit by his own Fish, knocking him into Jade and sending them both tumbling into the water!

(18, 17) Their Collective thrashing knocks away some of the fishy assailants, but for how long?

Status

Hide contents

Mitsu- 3 Damage Taken.

Jade- 1 Damage Taken, Quill Tuffed.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Jade O'Duffle (37/38, 5/6 Basic Rounds, Quill Tuffed)

I guess Jade used up all his good luck because nothing seems to be going his way lately. Him and Gary can't even cross a simple bridge at this rate. The best course of action right now is to get out of the water and back onto the bridge. Best not to be in the water with a bunch of piranhas.

Get out of the water and back onto the bridge 

"So this is why the lake was bubbling so," Ritsu remarks, seeing Alexandria fighting off what she assumed to be the fish that the fisherman mentioned earlier. She then notices the plasma orb going towards Alexandria. After a bit of thinking, Ritsu comes up with an idea to perhaps use that orb to her advantage. In a quick nod, Ritsu activates her sensors to try and locate the fish. "Alexandria was it? You wouldn't happen to have any way to deflect those orbs would you?"

"Well... that worked," Gary said sarcastically, "I have another way across..."

Gary throws an Enderpearl to the other side of the bridge

-4HP

"owch"

Edited by Astrorious
Added damage taken from Enderpearl

--Jade+Gary--

(4, 14) Jade exits the water, a fish attached to him, which is promptly shot off by him. -1 Health.

(17, 15) Gary lands a ways away, having teleported via Enderpearl.

--Alexandria+Ritsu--

(5, 19) Ritsu can't see the fish, but her sensors indicate that it is indeed nearby, it hasn't left.

(13, 18) Alexandria spawns a Hardlight barrier, blocking the plasma Blast head on. (1d20+1d6+10-12=9+6+10-12=13) She only takes 13 damage as the blast explodes on the HL barrier.

Ritsu takes 15 Damage from the explosion.

The path to the center is open, Yellow Eco bubbling forth from the vents.  closer inspection from here reveals the vent to work based on a peg-like section that lifts up, as an aside.

Status

Hide contents

Ritsu- 15 Damage Taken.

The Bigger Fish- 59 Damage Taken.

Alexandria- 29 Damage Taken.

Noting that the fish still was around, Ritsu decided to move towards Alexandria and the vent, which appeared to be bubbling with the yellow gunk that the fisherman mentioned before. Still though, the two of them did take a little bit of damage from the explosions, so Ritsu decided to deal with that before it became a problem. Then she could see about closing these vents.

Ritsu uses Restoration on Alexandria (1d4 +Int (4))

Jade O'Duffle (36/38, 4/6 Basic Rounds, Quill Tuffed)

Jade that is back on solid ground he must quickly get off this horrendous bridge. Once he deals with that once fish that attacked him while getting out he quickly jump rolls out to the other side of the bridge and well as reloading his revolver.

Combat Roll to the other side of the bridge. (Combat Roll: A quick roll out of danger. Increase Evasion chance by 2.0 and move out of melee range. You can reload during roll.)

--Jade--

(9, 1) Jade uses his combat roll, dodging through the 0 sum mooks with ease, one leaping after him fails, and lands on the ground nearby, flopping helplessly.

--Ritsu--

Ritsu takes the opportunity to restore Alexandria's Scuffed and slightly melted outer layer, repairing it as well as she can. (1d4+4=2+4=6) Alexandria Recovers 6 Health.

The Bigger Fish Prowls closer, but still not close enough to target...

Status

Hide contents

Ritsu- 15 Damage Taken.

The Bigger Fish- 59 Damage Taken.

Alexandria- 21 Damage Taken.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"That should help at least a little bit. The fish doesn't seem to be done with us yet, but I think that so long as it doesn't get to the vent it shouldn't be too problematic. If you'll excuse me a moment, someone else who had a bone to pick with this fish is also around, so I'll see if he can do something useful," Ritsu says before teleporting back to the beach side, rather wet all things considered. "I heard you shouting from the water. It seems one of my companions was also dealing with the fish. Currently its rather battered, but not quite dead. There's also a vent down there with the yellow gunk that you mentioned earlier that looks like it could be closed. Any ideas?"