[IC] TotMV:G2: Jak and Daxter Subplot: Grassweed Forest.

Hal Henderics

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I am only 'named after' a god if one can be said to be named after oneself, Saginomiya-san. I had assumed that you could tell by looking, given the aura of magic you give off." She could only guess at the girl's thoughts; likely impertinent ones, but she couldn't be blamed for that. Few humans expected to meet a god in the flesh, even a relatively minor one like Mitsurugi. Well, assuming the girl was actually human. She seemed to be, and at the same time not. Who did she remind her of. . .? "Let us speak and walk."

Mitsurugi investigates the grassy path.

Kino

Mitsurugi's words caused Kino to lose her smile. Knowing now that the woman before her was, indeed, a deity of sorts unknown to her, to say that she was a follower of another might ha

Maybe it's time you introduced me, nee-san.  

Hush. Kino would always respond to her sister in an indifferent tone, always unphased, never bothered by her impertinent pestering. 

"I am neither a mage nor magus, or of any of such sort, I am afraid," Kino professed. "Mine is a power I have....adopted, or accepted as a result of some complex circumstances. I would not be able to tell that you were indeed a god, then, Mitsurugi-san. My apologies." Nonetheless, the deity had invited Kino to stroll together, and quite frankly, the nun had little reason to refuse -- perhaps even find some closure with her current condition, knowing that she wasn't the only unorthodox person in such a world anymore. "I would be honored to partake of such leisure with you. Perhaps it is fate that has bound us as thus....you seem skeptical of my origins though. It's a long story...one that isn't very nice to hear either, but if you would be interested to hear me out, I will oblige."

Noticing that most of the others have gone off throughout the town, Ritsu warped over to the tool shop to see what supplies they had. Perhaps they would be beneficial to either the current task at hand or towards future matters that may arise. Nevertheless, she decided that she had nothing to lose.

Ritsu goes into the Tool Shop.

Edited by Zetaark

Jade O'Duffle

Trying hard not to immediately open a bottle of wine, he notices a pair sealed jars. They must be sealed for a reason and why not find our what's inside? Jade walks over to one of the jars and opens it to see whats inside.

Open one of the Sealed Jars

--Gary--

(14, 15) And in chest number two... A pile of dust! like a carpet, something was in there, and became so much dust that it filled part of the chest.

--Alexandria--

Taking the Orbs over, they srhink when she tries to contain them, Odd, but it makes them so compact that she is able to store them on her person.  Whatever these Orbs are made of, it is clear from their properties and odd inscriptions that they were intelligently designed, rather than being any natural resource.

She takes the trek back to the Manor, where the entire place looks to be reswept by the hurricain that swept through it the first time she entered.

A large Canvas is where Lua Da is sitting at, she designs blueprints, and fails to notice even the massive thudding of Alexandria.

"O-oh! You brought some Precursor Orbs, indeed, these seem to be the ones, Hold on to them until you have enough, right now, the design requires materials and power equivilant to 100 Precursor Orbs and 3 Power Cells, People in the village might be willing to trade Precursor Orbs for Cells, as it has become a sort of currency with how useful Primary Precursor Metal is."

"D-do you need any information? n-not that I don't think you can navigate, but I figure you might appreciate some tidbits I know about this place..."

She looks nervous, and turns her back to Alexandria, sketching on the Canvas Idly.

--Mitsu--

Going down the Grassy Path, Mitsu finds that it winds on for a ways, several trees have been lashed together as a bridge going across a river cutting through, and a large ancient structure lies on the other side, an almost Arabic architecture of bulbous roofs and long spires marks the building as something designed with form over function.

The place itself is a bit of a Sparce Jungle, widely seperated trees and clearly worn paths contrast with the tick vegitation and vines hanging down from those scant few trees, various plants serve as eye-catching reminders of nature's potentials and poisons to Wise gatherers and Fools.

There are also Crates All around, Wooden Ones, Black ones nearer the temple, and Hard Metal ones, they are haphazardly scattered around, and of poor construction.

Various large creatures look thoroughly unfriendly, strange Ape like monsters, Snakes hanging from trees, and Black bug eyed Fish in the waters, but none of them look dangerous, it seems engaging them will not be a sustained combat with how weak they are, however, they could still be dangerous, if one were careless.

Map

Spoiler

DdmNb6B.png

--Ritsu--

Entering the toolshop, a clearer view of the wares is Available, and the price tags as well.

It seems everything Metal in the shop comes in 3 Varieties, Iron, Steel, and Precursor Metal, at Normal, Double, and Triple Price Respectively.

Wares

Spoiler
Wooden Staff: A Long stick, picked from the forest by quality, saves you doing it, you suppose.
1 Orb
Hacksaw: A serrated saw on two handles, used for cutting wood.
4 Orbs
Machette: A single edged blade intended for cutting through vegetation.
5 Orbs

Hammer: A hook hammer for pounding in nails.

2 Orbs

Sledge: A Big Hammer for breaking rocks.
8 Orbs.

Hand Drill: A tool used for drilling holes by hand, it has a metal tip adequate for the job.

1 Orb

Shovel: A Crucial Tool for Earthmoving, this one is nice and ready for it.

6 Orbs

Axe: A Crucial Tool for Woodcutting, this one is nice and ready for it.

6 Orbs

Pick: A Crucial Tool for Mining, this one is nice and ready for it.

6 Orbs

There might be various other tools available, if you look a bit further and ask around.

--Jade--

Jade Opens the Sealed Urn, (20, 14) Inside appears to be a black inky substance, which floats out of the container.  Suddenly, a glowing orb of machinery plops out of it, clean as fresh linen, it pulses with energy.

(19, 11) The Power Cell is grabbed and bagged without touching the inky black orb floating in the air.

The Black Ball of Plasmic energy spouts purple fireflies, or what looks like them, floating away from it like embers in a black flame, faint shimmers ripple in it's surface, and it hums with power, like a heartbeat.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Jade O'Duffle

"Not bad, this'll definitely be useful. Now if this jar had one, what about the other?" Jade spoke to himself. He didn't like that weird black goop. Liquids don't usually float and he didn't want to stain his clothes. Assuming that there would be more black goop in the next jar he took extra care in opening it to avoid staining his clothes. 

Open the second sealed jar

"I have heard many long and sad stories over my lifetime, and have lived many myself. Yours won't offend me." The goddess sighed slightly before catching herself. Focus on your exploration. Your help is needed. "Do mind yourself around the wildlife, however; even a wild animal can kill an experienced warrior if they are careless."

Mitsurugi heads toward the nearest metal crate.

--Jade+Gary--

Jade opens the second sealed urn, while Gary does the same with the third Chest.

(20, 10) This one does not contain goop at all, but a preserved document, It is kept shut with a Wax Seal which looks like a stylized bubble.

Pitch Black Writing on the outside reads "#18" in large bubble letters, like something a youth would write in for the aesthetic appeal.

(10, 15) The third Chest contains nothing at all, not even a piece of vendor trash...

--Mitsu--

Assuming Kino Follows, the pair moves to the closest Crate in sight, the Metal Crate is surrounded with 5 Wooden Crates and 2 Black ones, all of them touching it physically.

A snake lashes out at Mitsu, (7, 6) Damaging her for 3 Damage, but failing to enact it's poison before she eradicates it with a single blow, it evaporates into black mist, interlaced with purple.

Map (Movement is indicated with white squares, original location is marked with a White Embellished Square.)

Spoiler

MbNls9N.png

Mitsu: 3 Damage Taken

Jade O'Duffle

"A document huh? What's with the 18? I guess I'll find out" Jade opens the document, releasing the wax seal to figure out what writings is hidden underneath. 

Open and read the preserved document

"Well, not all dungeon chests are full of riches... reminds me of the desert temple filled with nothing but sand, rotten flesh, and spider eyes..." Gary says to himself as he looks over to see that jade has found something of value. "Good find! glad this place wasn't a complete waste of time for us" 

(4, 10) The Paper is cracking, but you can still read it.

Dark's Log, #18
I have recently discovered two things which will aid my research, a testing ground, and a mysterious substance that the locals call, "Eco".  Maybe it's dark variant may lend insight to my experiments on these creatures.

The remainder seems to refer to several other documents you don't have, confirming or denying several inexplicable hypotheses in those documents, and a whole bunch of calculations whose labels lack context.

What could it mean, you wonder?

Unless you have a hunger for rotten grain, a need for ancient containers, a thirst for wine, or a desire for whatever that black gunk is, it seems you have reached the limit of this place's value.

Jade O'Duffle

Jade reads the document. There's that word again, Eco. This one was also hinting at a Dark Eco. Assuming the writer and the owner of this cellar are the same then that must be Dark Eco. Jade starts getting an uneasy feel about this place, maybe if he kept his eye out he'll be able to find other documents hidden around. He stashes Doc #18 and power cell in his vest pocket.

"Good find! glad this place wasn't a complete waste of time for us" 

"Yea, I've always had a sharp eye. Though it may also just be luck. Ha ha ha!" He chuckled a bit before walking over and taking a bottle of wine from a case. "I'm sure the owner won't mind if I take a bottle. Remind me to come back and take a crate before we leave back to the ship. Anyways I doubt there's anything left here, best head out." Jade then left the cellar and looked for anywhere else of interest. He notices a graveyard. Maybe if he looks around the graves he'll find another document or power cell. He wasn't sure if Gary will follow behind him or not however, he headed off there anyways.

Take a bottle of Wine, leave the cellar underneath the mossy rock, and head over to the Graveyard. 

Kino

Kino remained phlegmatic, her face unchanging for the whole journey even when Mitsurugi was assaulted by the wild snake. Finding a certain impression at her skill of killing the animal, her cogitations shifted to one of concern as she withdrew an old cloth from her belongings, wanting to heal her the injury the reptile had caused.

"Are you hurt, Mitsurugi-san?" She asked, "Let me help you."

If only she had missed or any other sort, Enma reawakened in her mind, in an almost pouting tone. She could have been one of us.

Pray not of unnecessary death, dear sister. 

She then returned her attentions to Mitsurugi, addressing what she had said earlier before they were attacked. "You needn't worry about me, though. To start...." Her voice shifted to one of slight lamentation, though her facial expression remained the usual, impenetrable mask we wore. Withdrawing the necklace of holy water she wore on her heck, its dim, yet luminescent blue glow radiating from the container that held it, she began to articulate her origins to her. "It's because I'm already dead. Or at least I would be, if it weren't for this bauble of holy water. It is the only thing keeping me alive..."

Mitsurugi didn't react particularly strongly to the revelation of Kino's nature - she'd met plenty of ghosts, after all. Ah, it was the gardener I was thinking of. I'm surprised I didn't realize it sooner. "I see. So you have suffered some sort of curse, then? Or have you willingly bound yourself to that?" A soul bound to an inanimate object. . . You do not have the time to consider that right now.

Mitsurugi attempts to open the crate.

"Hm.  You are correct; I do have questions," Alexandria states mildly, "Who were these precursors?  What are the properties of their metals?  Did they leave anything else behind?  And how potent are these energy cells?  My internal generator is quite powerful, and might be able to substitute for them, or refill empties."

--Jade--

Picking up a single purple bottle of the good stuff, he goes out and over to the Graveyard, the way has been barred with wood and a fence goes all the way around.  Immediately inside, the bones and corpses of several animals are in various states of decay within, the entire graveyard is covered in bright purple flowers, almost as wide as jade is tall, they are massive plants to be sure.

A sign out front tells you the facts "Stay out! Danger!"

A villager runs up, a moustached fellow in odd garb with an odder hat.

"Waaaait!  Don't go in there stranger, those flowers are tainted with Dark Eco!"

He is panting, bent over, he must have seen you going in.

--Mitsu--

(7, 4) Breaking open the metal crate with a swipe of sword, a small robot pops out, it is a big headed bug like robot with a small rotary system, it is made from steel, and painted with orange stripes.

Suddenly, a voice emits from it, "Oh, it's you!" Lua Da's voice comes out.

"You found one of my Scout bots! I've been sending them out all over the place looking for power cells, but I gave up when the Lurkers were stuffing them in boxes! if you can free all 5 Scoutflies, I'm sure they will be able to help you find more materials!"  The crackly voice ends, and the robot zooms off.

It then zooms back.

"Oh! you m-might already know, but the wooden crates are what the Lurkers are storing Precursor Orbs in, and the Darker Crates are full of Dark Eco, stay away from those..."

It then zooms away again, more awkwardly this time.

--Alexandria--

She sounds very confidant in discussing this "Nobody knows, but their Oracles still hang around today, large machines which speak on their behalf, along with the writing they are fond of engraving on every single piece of material they work with..."

"As for Precursor Materials, There are Skull Gems, spoils of a war with some unknown alien race, these gems seem to serve SOME purpose on their larger structures, and smaller ones aer often found in Metal Bugs, or something that superficially resembles skull gems perhaps.  There is also Precursor Metal, which is what you are asking about."

"There are Three types of Precursor Metal, Primary Precursor Metal, which is what their Orbs and Lesser Artifacts are made of, it is nearly indestructible, and only susceptible to extreme heat, which is why I am using it for this,  There is Secondary Precursor Metal, which is slightly stronger than steel, susceptible to heat, and is used in Precursor devices such as Eco Vents, Orb Vents, and Precursor Oracles, and then, at the bottom of the list, there is Superprimary Precursor Metal, this is what their buildings are made of, and it is completely immutable in every way, no samples have ever been taken as far as I know, and nothing can damage it as experiments go."

"All three metals seem to contain... nanomachines? I don't know, but they contain small structures which are not damaged even when reforging or welding, and these structures seem to exploit Eco in startling quantities to retain their properties and aid technology made of them, gyroscopes and motors which would be impossible otherwise are completed easily with even Secondary Precursor Metal, so long as enough of it is used in the object's casing and some of it's internal components."

"Eco is the energy that flows through our world, there are 5 Types we know of, Green, Blue, Yellow, Red, and Dark.  There are more details to the nature of each, but they can be summarized easily, Green Heals and Cleanses, Blue Energizes, Yellow adds Range, Red Increases Destructive Force, and Dark is Deadly and Mutagenic."

"You really only need to worry about Dark Eco, the rest are either benign or helpful even.  Dark Eco is a Blackish purple substance that taints and corrupts anything but Precursor Superprimary Metal, It can eat through things, but is more likely to twist them, making them much more dangerous.  Even touching it can draw it into you, and trigger a harmful effect.  Just a single orb of Dark Eco might not kill you, but it will hurt, and Lurkers store them in pressurized metal crates, which are highly explosive because of the Dark Eco Tainting them and making them fragile."

"The main things the Precursors Left behind are their artifacts, there are Eco Vents, which connect to underground resevoires of Eco and spurt them forward, in every color save Dark, there are the rumored Dark Eco silos, where the precursors Stored vast quantities of Dark Eco, their temples, where several artifacts and devices remain past the trials that their machinery makes, the Oracles, which are devices that supposedly speak on their behalf and trade a Power Cell to those who give it Precursor Orbs, and that's about it."

"Power Cells are highly dense objects that have a large amount of power stored in them, I could hook you up to see how many power cells your systems produce, if you like?

It should be said that a single power cell can emit enough energy to power a Zoomer, which is an antigravity rocket bike, and that three of them is how many I need to breach space itself."

"In addition, never in recorded history has a power cell run out of energy, which makes them exceedingly useful.  The flaw is that they self integrate, so you often have to break something to get them back out..."

Edited by Hal Henderics

Alexandria considers what she has learned, and concentrates briefly.  Every scrap of trash within a 500 meter radius abruptly vanishes in a flash of nanites and faith magic, and with a whirring noise, a port in her chest ejects a small pile of full fuel cells onto Lua Da's desk.  "These power sources are inferior to precursor power cells.  They require refilling with water and occasional maintenance, and do not possess the same energy density.  However, five of them can supply sufficient electricity to power a vehicle comparable to these 'Zoomers' for one hour, which should be sufficient time for your portal to do its job.  Assuming I am not greatly underestimating the amount of energy that vehicle requires."

Jade O'Duffle

Now this was a strange sight, these huge purple flowers in a graveyard. He's heard of offerings but this is just ridiculous. Then the old man was telling him they were tainted with Dark Eco, there is that name again. I guess if anyone knows whatever Dark Eco is it's this man. "Say, do you by chance know what this Dark Eco stuff is Sir? Also, what's so dangerous about it and how is it infecting the plants?"

((For those that have Power Cells and Precursor Orbs.

Precursor Orb: An orb of Precursor Metal, known for it’s high strength and mysterious properties, it is used in almost all precursor devices.  It can be thrown for 1d6 damage, if it fails to do damage, it can taunt a target.  As it is? it is a particularly hard egg shaped rock for all purposes...

Power Cell: An orb of Precursor Technology, known for being a limitless supply of energy, and for being self integrating.  When used, add +5 to a given craft roll.))

--Jade--

"Oh, it's this real nasty black stuff, a bunch of Lurkers dumped Dark Eco all over the graveyard, and that made the flowers grow out of control!  The Dark Eco makes stuff go crazy or kills it, and those flowers are pure poison after the Gunk changed it.  We don't have enough Green Eco to actually clear the place out, and it spreads back after a few hours if you only clear some of it."

Jade O'Duffle

"So it corrupts eh," Jade crossed his arms and tilts his head, "and you say this Green Eco can clear it up? How much of it would you need to clear it, or at least how much would I need to safely search this here graveyard?"

--Jade--

"Uhh, well, if you had a bit of the stuff, it would keep you fresh to the Mausoleum at least, and if the Town Lenses were running, you could get enough to clear the place out, but all the Lenses are out of whack right now, and the Temple's Eco Vents are not working either.  I think I have a friend with some Green Eco Stockpiled at the Apothecary, you could get some from Him."

He points the way to the Apothecary, and to the Temple

Apothecary Added to Places of Interest

The Temple is past the Grassy Path

Jade O'Duffle

Jade stares off at the temple. I guess getting in there is gonna take a lot longer than expected. "How would someone go about fixing these lenses? Would someone have to go fix the vents in the Temple to get them back into proper order?"