[IC] TotMV:G2: Jak and Daxter Subplot: Grassweed Forest.

Hal Henderics

"Hm.  I am incapable of synthesizing anything that strong in the quantities required.  I shall go search for more of these orbs," Alexandria decides, "Perhaps I shall check the lakebed, unless you have a better suggestion.  It is unlikely to have been searched before, and I do not require oxygen to function."

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--Jade--

"Well, basically, the temple has been shooting out this beam of Green Eco for years now, it isn't doing anything useful, so the Doc had us put some lenses around on pillars to beam it over here for the Apothecary, but now the lenses are out of whack and the temple isn't shooting, If you could get those working again, I'm sure we could find a way to repay you!"

"To fix the lenses, there is a console thingie with a little cockpit, you just point the lenses at the next one in the sequence until the beam hits town, There are some monsters around too, so you will need to be careful."

He thinks for a moment.

(3, 20) "Sorry I can't help you more, nobody ever actually went inside the temple, the doors are sealed, and you need Blue Eco in you to go through em."

--Alexandria--

"Y-yeah! Lots of precursor artifacts have been around so long the geography has changed.  I bet the Lakebed has Precursor Orbs that haven't ever been scavenged!"

She nods at the good idea.

"J-Just be careful, Du Lang the Fisherman has been at the inn all week because of a problem he had over there..."

Ritsu looks over to the individual manning the tool shop and decides to inquire about the tools, or to be more precise, whether other tools existed.

"Excuse me, are all of the tools on display the only ones available right now?"

"Hmm, I'm mostly observing the goods at the moment, but perhaps some of the others I came with might be interested in your wares. We are aiding Lua Da in one of her expeditions, so I wanted to know whether the tools here would be of use."

"Oh, the Doc? I've got something, wait here."

He goes into the back, and you hear rummaging and rattling.

He returns with a bundle of cables, made of something elastic wrapped with cloth.

"She needed some Bungee cables for something or other.  Take em over to her when you get a chance."

He pauses after plopping them on the counter.

"Say, Stranger, how would you like to earn some cash? You look competent enough."

Jade O'Duffle

"Well thank you for the information you've given, it'll surely come in handy." Jade tips his hat to the man before turning towards the gassy path. "Well I'm off, if a group of people start asking where a man named Jade went off to tell em that's me."  With that head heads over to the grassy path wary of the fore mentioned monsters ahead. 

Head over to the Grassy Path

--Ritsu--

"I need to collect a payment from a fisherman who is hanging around at the inn, if you could head over there and see what is going on and get my goods, I would be willing to repay you with a power cell or some orbs."

--Alexandria--

Walking to the lakeside, Alexandria has a bit of trouble with the whole sand business, but makes it to the water and into it.

On the way there, she spots a Fishing Vessel that is beached, a huge chunk has been taken out of it.

(3, 5) Despite what Lua Da said, there seem to be very little in the way of Precursor Orbs, though a vent gilded with precursor metal is spouting out yellow globs of some glowing substance into the water, there is also a path of cobblestones leading around the lakeside, they look deliberate, strangely enough, and lead down two paths, a right and a left one, forming a central "Y" shape, with the Vent at the middle.

Walking in the sand causes Alexandria to slowly sink, it is just too soft for her mass to stand right on top, and even a normal person would be sinking somewhat, if they did not stick to the rocks.

The cloudy waters inhibit Alexandria's Optic Sight.

--Jade--

Going down the Grassy Path, Jade finds that it winds on for a ways, several trees have been lashed together as a bridge going across a river cutting through, and a large ancient structure lies on the other side, an almost Arabic architecture of bulbous roofs and long spires marks the building as something designed with form over function.

The place itself is a bit of a Sparce Jungle, widely separated trees and clearly worn paths contrast with the thick vegetation and vines hanging down from those scant few trees, various plants serve as eye-catching reminders of nature's potentials and poisons to Wise gatherers and Fools.

There are also Crates All around, Wooden Ones, Black ones nearer the temple, and Hard Metal ones, they are haphazardly scattered around, and of poor construction.

Various large creatures look thoroughly unfriendly, strange Ape like monsters, Snakes hanging from trees, and Black bug eyed Fish in the waters, but none of them look dangerous, it seems engaging them will not be a sustained combat with how weak they are, however, they could still be dangerous, if one were careless.

Mitsu is currently within sight, along with Kino, She is bashing away at crates in a lightly grassed area.

Map

Hide contents

XvVs9y6.png

--Mitsu--

(15, 19)

Breaking the 6 Crates, each one has a single Precursor Orb in it.

Precursor Orb: An orb of Precursor Metal, known for it’s high strength and mysterious properties, it is used in almost all precursor devices.  It can be thrown for 1d6 damage, if it fails to do damage, it can taunt a target.  As it is? it is a particularly hard egg shaped rock for all purposes...

Alexandria attempts to interact with or store the yellow stuff, and then investigates the boat.  Maybe there was a power cell running its motor that could be scavenged, or some metal orbs in the cargo.

Edited by Zoe_Walker

"That sounds fine. Provided no unexpected issues arise, I should be able to complete the task. I shall return shortly," Ritsu says before she leaves the tool shop. Since she still has the bungee cables that the professor needed, she decided to drop those off first. As such, Ritsu teleported to the Society Building and went inside.

"Professor, I went over to the tool shop and was informed that you needed these," Ritsu says, holding the bungee cables in her hands.

Edited by Zetaark

Jade O'Duffle 

Jade Noticed a couple of his allies (Mitsu & Kino) already searching the path for any good. Maybe if they're free they'd might be able to help him explore the temple further on ahead. He walked up to the two making his presence know. "Hey you two, I'm about to go to the temple across the bridge. The town needs the vents fixed in there so they can  rid their graveyard of Dark Eco. I heard that there were some monsters near the temple but it seems they're just small animals. Anyways you're welcome to join me if you're free."

--Alexandria--

Alexandria sticks a hand into the flowing energy, suddenly, her HUD gets a new Augmented Reality Artifact, what looks like a stylized painting of a reticule in yellow paint.

Her joints emit yellow energy, as does her Rocket Hammer.

Floating Yellow Eco: A Mysterious ball of energy, associated with Ranged Power and Firepower, without a container, it is used automatically. When used, the user gains 3 Syn for 2 Turns, and their attacks all deal 1d6 Ranged Fire Damage to another target while this is active, as the energies flowing through them send yellow fireballs at opponents.  Melee attacks can be converted entirely to Ranged while this is active, if the user chooses, but this removes the bonus attack.

Walking back to shore, something flashes across Alexandria's Vision, before a yellow ball streaks over her shoulder.

Turning around, an Aggressive Giant Fish appears to be basking in the vent, it's Cheeks Swell, before it shoots another, larger Yellow Blast, which is currently flying at Alexandria.

Status

Spoiler

The Bigger Fish- 0 Damage Taken, 2 Turns of Yellow Eco.

Alexandria- 0 Damage Taken, 2 Turns of Yellow Eco.

--Ritsu--

"o-oh, Yes, Thank you, we will need these unless any of you are *snork* s-skateboarders." She laughs... but it trails off awkwardly.

"T-the Portal has a gap, s-so we need to use bungee cords to get across, u-unless any of you c-could grind the r-rails, is w-what I meant..."

Gary exits the dungeon after spending a little time deciding if he wanted to grab the chests or not, but figured he could make better ones at some point.he noticed Jade heading toward a path, and followed him. Jade stops and addresses two other members of the team. "Wonder what kind of monsters?" Gary asks himself as he takes out his sword and shield. "Hey, Jade, does that offer extend to me as well? I am up for the challenge."

"That makes some sense, but where exactly does this portal take us. You said that the bungee cables were needed to get to the other side. Do you know roughly where we are going to end up then?"

--Ritsu--

"W-we should end up right outside the temple, t-the reason we need the cables is because there is a-about a foot of clearance between the entrance and exit of the portal, according to these schematics.  The o-one I'm building does not have the power to squeeze space any closer."

"I see. That's sufficient enough for an explanation for now. If you'll excuse me, I have another task that I must get to," Ritsu says, giving the professor the cables and leaving the society building. She then teleports around the town a fair bit, till she finds the inn that the fisherman was supposedly in.

Ritsu Enters the Inn

Kino

“I was raised in a religious order of monks and nuns. Cult-like, perhaps, if you will. According to my guardians, my sister and I were abandoned at birth. The order said that my sister and I were prophecized to do unspeakable, horrible things....which would explain why our parents left us. Yet the order took us in, raising us to duties such as ceremonial burials, burial rites, cemetery duties, and the like. Our purpose was simple; to free lost souls left in this world, to aid those near death, and tending to the dead as well. This vial of water is but one such artifact bestowed upon us. It is what allows me to stay alive -- it is what allows me to save the lives of others. Our order's monastery is a very remote and secret place -- due to it being the site where such holy water belies. One may say that it, at the very least, prolongs one's lifespan substantially. It is a very rare and holy artifact -- nothing like it, perhaps, exists in my world anymore. Many search for it, but, needless to say, we keep our home very safe, the pool of holy water even more so. We did not want those evil of heart to use the water. We swore to use the water only to help, never for our own benefit. Our order lived on that purpose for many years. It might not be a children's fairy tale that many a young girl like me and sister would favor, but we were just happy to have each other. Our guardians, our brothers and sisters, we all lived in harmony and in solace of our mission in life. 

In any case. I was tending to burial rites one fateful day with Enma, my younger sister. We were very close, and we would do everything together -- we would sleep together, have meals together, work together, and be together....we were inseparable, as it were. That day, however....our order was attacked by a group of self-proclaimed exorcists, after the holy water that existed in our well. Our order was averse to violence; we did not have the capability to fight back. Many of our kin were slaughtered in minutes. And....my sister sacrificed herself for me that day,” She recounted the painful experience of her sister taking a fatal blow in her stead. “I was the only one that survived. I didn’t want to be separated from her – I had thought of -- tried -- to rip this bauble from me, wherein would my soul remain lost along with my deceased brothers and sisters. Strangely, however, I head them speak. I saw my sister in front of me, however devoid of flesh she was then, only her soul and spirit remaining, along with my brothers and sisters in the order. They had gathered as one, behind me, the only survivor of their esteemed order. But no longer were they the people I respected....I hear them now, Mitsurugi-san. Their anger over their unfair deaths. Their desire for others to join them for their cruel fate.....I know not of what had corrupted them. I would die with them, but I can't -- at least, not yet. I have their duty to uphold....to become strong enough to fight against those who had invaded our home and took control of the holy water. They follow me now, knowing that I am the only one still alive, who is able to put things right in their stead. And that is why I wander -- to gather the souls ensnared in this world, for them to aid me, and, after their service is complete, for me to guide them to their way....it may seem selfish, perhaps, but I desire to pass away from the world with them after my mission is complete. A young girl such as myself can only do so much alone. Could this be the prophecy we were foretold of having? I know not...."

You are never alone, nee-san. Enma called from within, You have me. You have our family. And each friend we make follows you willingly.

I know, Enma. She responded. But that does not make it right. She returned her attention to Mitsurugi once again. 

“Thus ends my tale,” She concluded, a rather woebegone expression plastered on her exterior as she gathered the last of what remained of her reminiscent tale, and sealed it away in her heart. “But my sister is with me now. We talk telepathically in my mind. I’d release her and introduce her to you, but part of me insists otherwise – she’s adorable and I love her, but she’s a rather loose cannon if not controlled. Perhaps someday, under some circumstance, will I find it safe for you to meet her.” She chuckled as she said those words, expectant of the embarrassment that would come from her sister, whom, as she expected, responded to her with a flustered tone in her head.

Kino-nee! How many times have I told you not to embarrass me like that? And I don’t always try to take whomever you talk to with me!

More often than not you do, my dear sister. Don’t worry, though. You’ll have your fun – sooner, or later.

Edited by Noir

Alexandria starts charging her plasma cannon.  The characteristic screechy whine and bloom of heat fills the beach.  Aquatic animals do not like to be dried out.  Logically, hosing it down with plasma will convince it to retreat.  Or cook it thoroughly.  Either outcome is acceptable.