[IC] TotMV:G2: Jak and Daxter Subplot: Grassweed Forest.

Hal Henderics

Jade O'Duffle

As Mitsu set Gary down onto the ground, Jade took off his hat and held it up to his chest. Staying silent for a while he closed his eyes and paused. He didn't know how to help Gary seeing as how he doesn't know too much about healing people let alone people made of blocks. Noticing the lass over by the wall obviously in distress, Jade took it upon himself to try and help in whatever way he could. Leave the important things to the people who could fix it rather then trying and ultimately making things worse for Gary. Turning towards Mitsu he slowly walks up to her, the spurs on his boots making a clinking noise with every step. He put his right hand on her shoulder to get her attention. "You alright Lass?" Jade asks taking out the bottle of wine he had been carrying on him from the cellar they found. "Need a drink? That always helps me calm the nerves."

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Giant Artificially Genetically Altered Bees.  Only the Queen needs to die, but they surround themselves with other modified creatures.  Moire importantly, The Queens are merely imitating life, and are actually *STATIC*.  A far more dangerous threat, which has been draining the planet of it's Precious Eco Since we were here last."

"They cannot be allowed to leave this place.  Killing the Primary Queen would result in the lessers dying, but this is impossible for the resources we are willing to expend."

"You would be required to kill one of these Lesser Queens."

Kino and Enma

Mitsurugi seemed to have done the liberty of tending to the fracture physically -- in part with Gary's block-like anatomy, it would be difficult to discern and treat the injured accomplice even if Kino had been trained to tend to the wounded all her life. The rest of the group also seemed to lack the capability to heal the spell magically -- and the corruption that came from her clan's death and attacks had since made her spirits vengeful and unkempt, with the glow of blue hidden beneath her robes the last she possessed of her original bearing. Kino was once experienced with tending to the wounded with her staff with her ceremonial rites and customs -- it was her family's duty to tend to the wounded and feeble, and to tend to the dead when they departed from the world. They believed that every life, if possible, could and must be saved, and it was their well of life that made that possible. It could not revive the dead, but it was capable of treating all forms of illness or injury, much like the predicament the group landed himself in.

Kino clutched the single bottle of water that hung on her chest, its contents glowing a luminescent blue of power and life -- they were what sustained her, what allowed her to sustain her human form and perform feats and rites that her brethren could not. Only with it could she sit at the helm as the last -- and barely surviving -- of her clan. With every drop split from her bauble a fraction of what remained of her human form would wither. Would it be a suitable sacrifice to save this unfortunate man, to relinquish apart of what she was, what she needed for her own cause, in order to save him?

He will go, or you will. Chants from the spiritual pool of what once made her family echoed in her mind. 

We could be truly forever together, Enma continued. That bottle is the only thing stopping us. The combination of their words, encouraging her to release her chains hammered within her from the inside. It was clear what they wanted her to do -- and it would work for them either way regardless of outcome. 

"QUIET!"

Kino took a moment before she realized she'd yelled these words out loud, placing a hand to her lips in realization. Calming herself down, she reached into her robes, not knowing if her body had carried anything with her before the time of her corruption. If she had been a dutiful follower and had prepared a supply of...any sort of medicine that she could not remember as per her customs in the past-- something would come from beneath the shambling mess of robes that she wore. It had been quite a long time since a situation like this had come to her -- she remembered not the last time whence it had happened, or if she had the supplies to tend to whatever victim it was at the time. 

She chanced upon something...cold and metallic, and found an old, rusted cylindrical container barely the size of her foot, within it a few herbal leaves, the faintest luminescent glow that shared the color of what she wore on her neck outlining them. They were fresh and lush, as if they were new, as if they had grown just yesterday, still donning a rich green on their papery forms. She then remembered the custom of her family drenching the holy water in these leaves to use as multipurpose healing tools, although the effects would take a considerable amount of time before they would take effect. It was the only thing that she could offer Gary at the moment. 

She could feel the taste of disappointment her band of spirits shared as she sighed in slight relief of her discovered possession, as she approached the group of colleagues tending to Gary. "I can try a method signature to my clan, but this is the best that I can do." She then placed two leaves upon the wound of Gary's leg that took the appearance of a shattered pillar, and said a customary prayer, in hopes that he could manage to heal better with it. 

Alexandria considers the threat assessment.  Considering how much harder her armor is than any chitin, and that she's completely immune to poison, bees are pretty much zero danger to her no matter how big they get.  "I believe I am capable of neutralizing a very large bee.  However, my own mission precludes me leaving this location.  I must protect the portal until it is time for myself and my party to leave.  We will close it behind us, if your concern is escapees."

"I. . . I am fine." A flush of shame started to spread across the woman's face, contrasting how pale she'd become a couple moments ago. "I just . . . need a moment. Please." A display like this wasn't fit for public display by anyone, much less someone of her status. A status that meant virtually nothing, now. . . "Thank you for your offer." Truth be told, drowning herself in alcohol was more than slightly appealing at this time, but they still had work to do. And the shame of this public display was nothing compared to sloshing about drunkenly in public, especially when there were important tasks to be done. 

Jade O'Duffle

"If you say so." Jade replied putting away the wine bottle. He tilted his hat downwards he didn't like seeing her like this and he decided to speak his mind. "Just know that you shouldn't beat yourself over this. Where I come from situations like these happen more often then I like to admit. If I were to always blame myself for what happens I'd put everyone I was with in danger. Besides, I think I can speak for everyone we would prefer to see a smile on your face then anything else. Ha ha." He gave the lady a cheerful smirk and patted her on the back. 

Mitsurugi nodded. Jade was correct; reacting like this was only going to put the others at risk. She heard the rumbling of thunder in the distance, and mentally cursed at herself; she should keep better control than that. Pushing herself off of the wall, she took a deep breath, and then turned to face the rest of the group. "We should tend his wounds and continue as quickly as possible. Are any of you gifted as healers?" It was too late to calm the storm outside; she could still do so, but it would require more effort than it was worth. There was no civilization this far out, and it shouldn't be too severe besides.

Ritsu, having left the platform, joins the commotion and does a scan of Gary after his fall. "Well, I am trained in medical aid. And judging from what my scans are reading, his legs seem to be the only actual spot of injury. The rest of him seems fine. I can at the very least set his leg so it won't get worse. As for his state of consciousness, that's on him," Ritsu replies as she gets to work on tending to Gary's injuries.

Darnkess was all consuming, and cold... then, without warning, it wasn't. the cold had shifted to a warmer feeling; the room somehow remaining black. 

"Do you think he is aware of where he is?"

"No."

"Oh, I feel he is realizing we are here..."

"It is time for you to awake, Gary_S_Modd."

with that the dream ended, and Gary's eyes popped open.

"What was with tha- AHHH!" Gary called out in pain, "sorry... just... ah... never felt anything like this that lasted this long..."

he looked down toward his leg, and stared at it for a good second.

"umm... I don't think that's the direction my leg is suppose to bend..."

--Alexandria--

The shark moves to roughly the center of the camp.  A blue barrier emerges from it, wallowing the portal and the surrounding area in a defensive shield, crackling with modified blue eco.

"Arrangements can be made to bring it here, and assure that your assets are undamaged.  As we mentioned."

"No, it isn't. Though considering the fall you took, I'm surprised you're not in any worse condition," Ritsu replies as her gauntlet finishes producing some equipment necessary to produce something that would work as a splint. She didn't have the materials on hand to make an actual cast, so this would have to do. "At any rate, I'll at least try to set your leg so that you won't suffer any further complications, but it may hurt a bit," Ritsu notes. While she does have various medical equipment on her to handle any injuries back home, she was unsure of how effective they would be on someone like Gary. Nevertheless, she would work anyways, and put Gary's broken leg into a stint. Once she's finished up, she heads over to the door and cuts down some of the black honeycombs clogging it, making sure not to damage them too much. She was curious about the contents, and wanted to keep as many as possible.

(18, 8) Ritsu Manages to cut down 7 Black Honeys Before the Wall Explodes, A Giant Bee crawls forth, it is a dark purple, and it's Massive abdomen tapers off into a hexagon behind it.

The Dark Vespiquen Attacks!

A wall of the same Bee Creatures from before form a wall around the party, Blocking off Escape!

-Boss Theme: Legendary Vespiquen-

The Walls of the hall fall away as the bloated body forces it's way into the hall, Revealing Rails off in the distance.

The Vespiquen seems to be telegraphing it's intentions.

Vespiquen's Next Turn

Dark Blast: Deal 1d12 Pure Damage to a target

Venomous Bite: Poison one Player for 1d6 Damage Per turn

Combat Screen:

Spoiler

(19) Mitsu: 45/45 HP

(-) Combee Wall (1): ???/???

(9) Jade: 38/38 HP

(-) Dark Vespiquen: ???/???

-Enma: 19/19 HP

(8) Kino: 50/50 HP

(-) Combee Wall (1): ???/???

(7) Ritsu: 38/38 HP

(-) Dark Vespiquen: ???/???

Edited by Hal Henderics

A foe to defeat. This is. . . simpler. Wordlessly, Mitsurugi leapt forward, almost faster than the eye could follow, drawing her blade in a smooth motion that became an upward slash toward the gargantuan bee-thing. 

Basic Attack on Dark Vespiquen

Jade O'Duffle (5/6 Cryo-Rounds)

"Well, ain't this a surprise. I suppose I'd ask you for some honey but I think yours is more sour than sweet." Jade speaks readying his revolver. He gets close to the bee wall surrounding them and unloads as many rounds as possible into the insects. Hopefully this'll cool down their temper. 

Fan the Hammer on Combee Wall (1) with Cryo-Rounds

Kino and Enma

A giant Bee, nee-san! Enma exclaimed, almost startled. Even in her spiritual form, Enma was more timid than her sister when it come to grotesque insects like the one that presented itself before her. Get rid of it! Get it away from me!

Calm down, Enma. We have our allies with us. We have our brethren. You have me. 

Feeling slightly relieved at her sister's reassurance, Enma composed herself as she begins to assault the Vespiquen cooperatively with her sister and her band of spirits. 

Enma attacks the Vespiquen with a Basic Attack.

Kino casts Death's Breath on Vespiquen (cannot crit, procs her passives)

"Bees. Well, I suppose it could be worse all things considered. This certainly wasn't in the job description," Ritsu sighs before revving her chainsaw.

Bleeding Blade on Dark Vespiquen (1d4+STR damage + bleed for 3 turns [1d4 + STR ignoring RES])

-Boss Theme: Legendary Vespiquen-

Mitsu starts by rushing the Queen, slashing it across the face with her sword, and dealing (2d3+12=4+12=16) 16 Damage, and sending a spray of black blood out of the wound.

Mitsu obtains a unit of Dark Eco.

Floating Dark Eco: A Mysterious ball of energy, associated with Mutation and Death, without a container, it is used automatically. When used, the user takes 5 Damage and gains a random status effect as the mutagenic and caustic energies twist their bodies.

Mitsu takes 5 damage, and (112) Every item on her person gains the enchantment/special effect "Explosive Runes: Symbols appear on the object, when read, deal 1d6 Damage to the wielder, remove this effect."

The Combee Wall Buzzes Menacingly, everyone deals 1 less damage.

The Vespiquen Backs up, reeling in pain, it is about 1/3 of the way into the Antechamber it came out of.

Jade fires on the wall of Combees, firing (1d6=4) 6 Bullets which all deal ((1d6+6+2)/3)=(5+6+2)/3=4-1) 3 damage, slowing the Combee by 6 init, and dealing a total of 18 damage to the wall!

The Combee Wall Scatters.

Dark Vespiquen attacks Jade, dealing (1d12=10-1) 9 Pure Damage!

Enma attacks the Vespiquen with a Basic attack, dealing (3+5=8-1) 7 Damage to it, and splattering it's black blood over her intangible form.

She takes 4 damage, (5911) But nothing else seems to happen.

Kino, meanwhile, sprays a breath of Death at Vespiquen, dealing (2d4+5=3+2+5=10-1) 9 Damage, and Silencing them for 1 turn!  It's venom turns to ash in it's mouth as the spirits assail it.

Ritsu Lashes out at Vespiquen, dealing (1d4+9=2+9=11-1) 10 Damage, Spraying it's blood all over her, and causing it to bleed even more!

Ritsu takes 4 Damage, (3783) But nothing else seems to happen.

The Vespiquen backs up again, it is now 2/3rds of the way into it's antechamber, glimmers of blue light can be seen peeking out from behind it.

The Combee Wall uses Ultraviolence, turning into multiple groups of violent Combees, instead of an impermiable wall.

Vespiquen, unable to use Venomous Bite, Instead uses Dark Blast on (5) Ritsu, dealing (1d12=4-1) 3 Pure Damage!

Ultraviolence: The Group splits up, Gaining 4 more turns, but taking double damage.

Vespiquen's Next Turn

Venomous Bite: Poison one Player for 1d6 Damage Per turn

Digging Around: Unprotected consumables will be nicked or damaged, 3 Turn cooldown.

Vespiquen is no longer able to hide her health, and the swarm's health!

Vespiquen sprays blood everywhere, taking (1d4+8=1+8=9-1) 8 Damage.

Combat Screen:

Hide contents

(9) Jade: 38/29 HP

(-) Combee Wall (1): 100/82 (Take Double Damage)

(-) Dark Vespiquen: 350/294 (Bleeding: Take 1d4+8 Damage per turn) 3 Turns

(8) Kino: 50/50 HP

(7) Ritsu: 38/35 HP

(-) Combee Wall (1): 100/88 (Take Double Damage)

(-) Dark Vespiquen: 350/294 (Bleeding: Take 1d4+8 Damage per turn) 3 Turns

--Alexandria--

The Machine begins emitting a low tone, and a strange scent.

Alexandria hears a faint buzzing in the distance, and the ground is shaking slightly.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Mitsurugi doesn't flinch as the blood sprays her with toxins and worse. She could weather something like this easily. The queen seemed to be subdued for now, so she sprung backwards - off of seemingly nothing - and sent a slash in the direction of the angrily buzzing swarms.

Basic Attack on Combee Wall, Reduced Earth and +5 damage apply

Jade O'Duffle (29/38 Hp, 0/6 Rounds)

After the wall of bees breaks apart Jade rolls back reloading his gun with Pyro rounds. Immediately after the roll, he deftly fires a bullet into the queen's mouth. "I hope you enjoy spicy food, because there's more where that came from!" It won't be biting for awhile with it's mouth full of flames. 

Combat Roll and Reload with Pyro Rounds, Use Aim-to-Cripple on the Dark Vespiquen as a free action.

Kino and Enma

Ugh! Enma shrieked, frantically wiping off the filthy mire that had come from her attack on the insect with her hands. Bug goo! I hate bug goo! 

If you don't want to get messy, you can work on the Hives. I can't guarantee your safety, but you can at least avoid getting dirty. Kino herself was thankful that she had subdued the giant bee at the right time, or it would be a face of venom for her. 

Grateful for her sister's suggestion, Enma keeps distance from the Vespiquen while staying in considerable proximity within her sister's location as they now attack separately. 

Enma attacks the Combee Wall with a basic attack.

Kino unleashes her Basic Attack onto the Vespiquen. 

Edited by Noir

Mitsu Slams the Combee Wall with a Basic Attack, dealing (2d3+12+5=3+12+5=20*2=40) 40 Damage!!!

Bees are sent flying everywhere as their compromised defences send them flying into oblivion.

(1d100=2)

Mitsu Strikes again! Dealing (2d3+12+12=6+12+12=30*2=60) 60 Damage!!! Bees become paste as the entire battlefield is cleared in an instant from the sheer whipping winds of her strikes, which pummel the very foundations of the air itself!

(1d100=23) She thankfully does not attack again.

Jade uses Aim to Cripple on the Dark Vespiquen, Dealing ((1d6+6+2+1=3+6+2+1=12)/2) 6 Damage, and disabling it's Melee Attacks!

Since it can no longer use melee attacks, Dark Vespiquen uses Dark Acid Splash!

Dark Acid Splash: Deal 1d12 Pure Damage to a target, roll a 1d6, on a 1, the Target’s Primary armor loses 1 RES permanently until repaired.

It Targets Jade in it's rage, Dealing (1d12=4) 4 Pure Damage! (1d6=1) Jade's Hat is splashed with the black acid, reducing it's RES by 1 Permanently until repaired!

It really HAS seen better days, it seems...

Enma's Target has been spattered into mush already, and she does not want to get any more blood on her, presumably... (Double Turn Next Turn.)

Kino uses a basic attack on the Vespiquen, dealing (2d4+5=6+5=11) 11 Damage to the Vespiquen!

Ritsu's Target has been mushed, and presumably, she does not want to get the vespiquen's blood on her, if she can help it.  (Double Turn Next Turn.)

The Vespiquen Backs into it's Antechamber fully, a glowing hive of rainbow colors hidden in blackened combs, Larvae crawl around, ignorant of the danger.  Rails spiral around a central pillar, at the top of the pillar is the other jagged half of the Portal Slablet, sitting on a pedestal, extremely high up.  It looks REALLY heavy, like, 300 Kilos at minimum.

It Spits another Dark Acid Splash at (4) Kino! Dealing (1d12=6) 6 Pure Damage (3) The Acid fails to harm her armor however.

Vespiquen's Next Turn

Cry Out: Regain 3d10 Health by calling for reinforcements.

Precursor Slag: Deal 2d12 Damage to a target, firing a lump of melted metal at them.

The Vespiquen takes (1d4+8=1+9=10) 10 damage from bleeding.

Combat Screen:

Hide contents

(9) Jade: 38/25 HP

(-) Dark Vespiquen: 350/267 (Bleeding: Take 1d4+9 Damage per turn) 2 Turns

(8) Kino: 50/44 HP

(7) Ritsu: 38/35 HP

(-) Dark Vespiquen: 350/267 (Bleeding: Take 1d4+8 Damage per turn) 2 Turns

--Alexandria--

Alexandria bears witness as a silhouette begins to peak over the horizon, it appears to be some sort of Dinosaur, a twisted black thing is embedded in it's forehead.

Spoiler

Trespasser Possessed War Metal Head: ???/???

Alexandria: 66/66

Edited by Hal Henderics

"Or you can handle the bee wall. That works too," Ritsu remarks, seeing Mitsu tear down the bee wall in quick fashion. She then takes a look at the queen bee, still bleeding a fair bit. Thinking for a moment, she revs her chainsaw one final time, bringing it up to max. She then raises her tail a bit, the end of which starts sparking as a current of electricity runs through it.

"This may sting a bit."

Intervention between Jade and Dark Vespiquen, Taser Tail [1d4 +4 damage and shocked status (causes the target's attacks and abilities for the next 3 turns to have a 40% chance of having 50% reduced effectiveness)], then transforms to beast form [Res changes from 5 to 8, Int changes from 8 to 5]