[IC] TotMV:G2: Jak and Daxter Subplot: Grassweed Forest.

Hal Henderics

"Thank you. This should do quite nicely. Now to go and find that beekeeper and see about taking care of this thing," Ritsu picks up the larvae and exits the lab, strolling around the area in search of the beekeeper. Upon searching the area, she runs into Mitsu, who also seems to be wandering about. "Mitsu was it? What are you up to right now?" Ritsu asks, larvae in one arm and her tail swaying slightly.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Nothing specifically, though seeing as how you aren't doing anything, perhaps you would like to join me in my endeavors?" Ritsu asks, hoisting the larvae just a bit. "I'm trying to see if this larvae will eventually manage to produce some of the honeycombs we saw earlier. They have some rather beneficial properties, and I would personally be rather pleased if I could acquire my own supply. Granted, there is a chance of things going south, but I think it could work out." Ritsu explains with a pleased expression.

Jade O'Duffle

Being wary of the remnants of Dark eco around Jade makes his way through the main path. "I guess this dark eco stuff is more resilient then I realized or maybe there was just a lot more in here than I thought." He mumbles to himself as he enters one of the Catacombs that seem to be the least infested with Dark Eco.

Enter one of the Catacombs

--(11, 16) Catacombs--

Jade enters the Dark Depths of the Catacombs, Cobwebs and Pebbles line the hall which slants downward, open shelves embedded in hard rock proudly display darkness, due to the lack of sunlight touching them.

The Catacomb hall goes deeper into the darkness, it is hard to see far in this darkness.

(7, 2)

Jade Spots a piece of wooden rigging in the ceiling, it is so fragile that it would have smacked him on the head if he had disturbed it.

Jade O'Duffle

"Phew, that could've ended badly." Jade speaks to himself with relief. "I should really find a lantern or something to light this place up. Oh wait..." He pulls out one of the spiked woods those creatures by the temple dropped. He then loads his gun with pyro rounds and lays the wood onto the ground before firing a couple of rounds into tip of it to catch it on fire. Now with a light source illuminating the area Jade looks around for anything else suspicions before moving forward.

Turn Spiked Wodd into a Torch using Pyro Rounds and then check the nearby area for anything dangerous.

Mitsurugi frowns silently at Ritsu for a few moments. She wanted assistance with. . . beekeeping? These creatures didn't seem like things to be kept as pets. Most would say they were a dangerous pest, generously. But then, she was friends with - had been friends with - several youkai described in nearly that exact fashion. Her expression was unreadable as she finally replied. "Very well. I shall."

"Good. Assistance with this project will be quite nice. And if things work out as I hope, it should provide a few benefits to all of the residents. Now then, to the beekeeper," Ritsu states, walking around a bit with Mitsu until they arrive at the location of the beekeeper, which naturally is a field of bees. Taking a quick look around, Ritsu sees a shack and moves over to it, knocking on the door.

"Excuse me, anyone there? We'd like to ask about beekeeping. And whether or not you have any royal honey available."

A straw-hatted fellow lacking in teeth and abundant in smile bursts through the door, disoriented, he lacks any protective equipment, but has very tough looking skin.

"Yeah? I got it.  10 Precursor Orbs a Jar.  Whatchu needin' it fer?"  the confused hill person says.

He scratches his head, seeing the Giant Grub beneath Ritsu's Arm.

"Well Dang."

"Looks like you need you an edeu-kation."

He goes into the shack, digging out something that looks an awful lot like a blunderbuss.

"Rocksalt, for when they get uppity."

He digs out another thing, a wood square, made of 4 planks of wood.

"Wooden Frames, you need these-uns for little bees, but for a biggun, you will need to make a real big frame to hold the fella.  Like, a whole dang room er something.  You make sure they got a frame for every lil thang, one frame for the queen and the lar-vay, one fer the worker bees ta store the honey, and another for this and that.  Just get a buncha frames."

He digs out another thing, A bundle of flowers, why are those in there?

"Bees need Flowers a whole lot. And they need a whole lot of em'."

He digs out a final thing.

"Startin Tab, 's just a bit of wax to encourage em to build there. You'll need to get some wax that it likes to slather on the inside of the frames so they's know to build there. Just a dab'll do."

He pauses.

"That help ya figure it out?"

Edited by Hal Henderics

"Yes, that shall be quite nice. Though it seems we'll have to come up with the wooden frames ourselves. As for the honey...Mitsu would you happen to have any precursor orbs on hand?" Ritsu asks, having used hers for some equipment earlier.

Having completed her new helmet, Alexandria puts it on.  She then gathers some more green eco and bottles it for later experimentation, as it seems the most useful kind by far, and heads back to town to see if there's anything else to do.

(9, 3) Alexandria patrols the town, looking for something to do.

She spots a man standing in front of a half finished piece of artwork.  He looks extremely sad about something, and isn't working on the art, instead, simply resting arms crossed on a table next to it, hammer and chisel in hand.

"Alright. We have the royal honey necessary. Now we'll need to gather some of the other materials. Flowers and wood shouldn't be particularly hard to come by, and I already have some of the wax that they use. Now we'll just need standard honey for them to use, which we can probably find at the place where that larger bee creature was. Do you want to try gathering those things while I go and get the honey?" Ritsu asks.

"I can gather the flowers, but I have not the tools needed to fell and move trees efficiently." Not completely true; the goddess did have a way to shake down trees. However, said method was a windstorm that would likely wreak havoc upon the neighboring village. Regardless of how many times she had been accused of doing such things, such a thing was entirely against her morals. 

Kino and Enma

Kino and Enma had fallen back from the others due to the latter's constant whining of her experience of being exposed to a massive about of the Vespiquen's mire, which the two sisters had taken some time to wipe off. Even as they ventured on their way to group up with the others and find something to do, Enma had yet to cease her words, tinted with irritation of her unpleasant experience. As per that experience, Kino had also reluctantly acquiesced to her request of not taking any of the battle's leftovers.

That was terrible!  Let's get out of here. Anywhere but here. The graveyard! You promised me you'd take me to the graveyard.

Perhaps I can comply with that, she answered, remembering that another had proceeded there as well. But if nothing comes to serve, we will return to the town. 

Kino and Enma head towards the Graveyard. 

Kino and Enma

Despite Enma's initial excitement of having fun in the graveyard, it shifted into disappointment upon learning that it was infested with the same bee-like essences and Catacombs. It was more a place for a home of bees than a party of souls.

...The bees spare not even this place, so it would seem. Kino mumbled, as Enma continued whining. One of the Catacombs remained ajar, which piqued her interest. Perhaps that other person had ventured into it as well, as she did not see any other place of notable interest or proceeding, though it was also possible that they left after seeing the mess that was laid before them. 

Let's leave. I don't like this place. 

No. We go into that Catacomb. There might be something useful there.

You're not getting me in there!

Afraid of the dark? 

Of course not! You know I love the dark, don't you, Nee-san?

Then come -- I doubt we're the only ones here, in a good way. Having won the exchange easily, Kino and Enma enter the open Catacomb carefully. 

Entering the Catacombs, they would find Jade, back turned to them with a torch made of a spiked club burning brightly.

Ahead of them, the hall stretches on a ways, and holes in the walls are sheltered by the darkness, hints of torchlight reveal corpses long dead and set to rest, slid into these holes.

Kino and Enma

Kino seemed to have presumed correctly that someone else had been inside -- noticing hints of torchlight, the two sisters followed the source to find Jade, the gunner, within the labyrinth of combs as well.

This is amazing, Nee-san! Enma's previous pique immediately sprang back to fervency as she noticed the mass of corpses laid in the walls. You were right, Nee-san! We can definitely find some friends here!

Kino wasn't very impressed, though. It became clear to her that this maze of combs was a trap -- a hunting ground. The festered scatter of weathered bones was proof that anyone unsuspecting or greedy enough to walk in were either eaten alive by whatever inhabitants that dwelt here, or were trapped and ended up starving as a result of lack of necessities. The strange way they were allocated into the holes in the walls reminded her of her ceremonial memorial room back at her home, where urns of beloved remains of her once benevolent clan were take care of and each remembered and arranged on a sacred set of shelves. This place, certainly, with the eerie way they tended to the dead, certainly was not a place that respected them, either. Nor would whatever soul that would remain here part in peace of their gauche form of death. 

She needed to be careful. They needed to be careful, rather. Predators thrived best in this darkness, giving their victims even the faintest sense of peace, that moment of vulnerability, before they attacked, much like how the accursed litter of plunderers invaded Kino's home by storm. Curious of the other man's presence here, Kino decided to introduce herself. 

"I see I have yet to make your acquaintance, sir." She nodded curtly in greeting. "My name is Kino. Might I ask what you are doing here?" 

I guess you're only interested in live people, Nee-san? And you say I'm more bloodthirsty than you are. 

Hush. 

Edited by Noir

"Hmm, very well. I think I can manage to gather wood. Though it wasn't made for cutting wood, this chainsaw is more than capable of doing so. I'll go and gather the honey and another larvae, then come back and harvest some wood. In the meantime, you can gather some flowers that are around. We can meet back here once we have gathered all our things, then we can go about considering where to set up things. Oh, and if its at all possible, could you gather some of the various varieties of eco, barring dark. They may allow us to affect the type of honeycombs that form. I'm not sure where you can find blue, green, or red off the top of my head, but yellow eco has a vent in the lake. Now then, if you'll excuse me," Ritsu finishes before warping back to the location of the bee fight. Looking around, she notices a plethora of precursor orbs that were simply unclaimed. Taking the opportunity, Ritsu decides to gather them up before going and gathering an adequate amount of black acid and another larvae.

Jade O'Duffle 

After looking around Jade heard footsteps coming from behind him. Cautious he had his hand near his gun, just in case the one approaching wasn't so friendly. However, it seems that it was only one of his comrades. Strange how these two would get acquainted in an infected graveyard of all places. "Heh, lets just say I had some unfinished business here. Mainly coming here to find out why this place has been infected and maybe find something interesting here or there. The name is Jade by the by, Jade O'Duffle. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." He followed his introduction by tipping his hat, though he had to put more work into the pull. Man, that upgrade really made the better but also heavier.

Ritsu would find her larva and honey, and more importantly, (9, 14) She would find a swarm of angry Corrupt Combee, who are not ignorant of Ritsu's thievery

Black Acid: A Liquid Honey suffused with Dark Eco.  The user has -10 MHP while this is in their inventory.  When used, reduce a Target’s Con and RES by 2 for the remainder of combat.