Fire Emblem on the Forums: Sea of Crossroads OOC

krim

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean you set your growths in this so if you set your speed to be abysmally low, either it's your fault or your luck sucks.

~~Not to mention the cleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean Pavise trigger that makes you take 0 damage.~~

((also that why If I ever run one I'm changing how NPCs work and making them act in the same turn since I don't rather like them actin' in the ally phase))

Regarding which, it will be interesting seeing a party without a performer. I would put in an NPC performer but...well. Mechanics sort of make NPC performers...very bad.

if it comes down to it i can make another character, hell if need be i can so that just for the sake balance anyway.

I mean you set your growths in this so if you set your speed to be abysmally low, either it's your fault or your luck sucks.

~~Not to mention the cleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean Pavise trigger that makes you take 0 damage.~~

((also that why If I ever run one I'm changing how NPCs work and making them act in the same turn since I don't rather like them actin' in the ally phase))

looks at my 45% growth in speed yeah about that,

It will probs be fine without a performer tbh. We'll see. Also, having played with rng for growths for some random things, along with seeing rng in action, growths can sometimes decide to troll.

Can we all agree that different people want to go about battling in different ways and stop arguing about it?

I personally am an avoid liker so I love swordmasters, snipers, wyvern units, etc with great avoid.

You do know no one is being serious like at all right? It's just friendly silliness.

I mean it should be extremely obvious seeing as I'm playing a Peg Knight that are well known for being frail. ((not to mention they are my fav class lel.))

that's fair. tho the fact that these units are all player-made makes me laugh sometimes because some of the growths can be so widely different from the standard growth for said class

not that that's a bad thing. no one wants to actually play a bad unit

i agree that it's really neat, but sometimes i wish we could see some diversity and actually have a unit that looks pretty standard

but for a lot of classes that means making them pretty bad, so again i understand why people wouldn't want to do that

it would make for playing stuff like knights pretty hard, anyway

The fun thing about custom growths is that you can watch someone go for 70% in some stat, only to get absolutely gimped in every possible way. Alternatively you get someone's 10% growth to constantly go up. That's just something I find funny with growths.

At least in Ashes I have it set like that for a challenge. It sure would be easy if the Princess with the strong spear could act before the enemy and her turns would go exactly as the players needed them to go.

The fun thing about custom growths is that you can watch someone go for 70% in some stat, only to get absolutely gimped in every possible way. Alternatively you get someone's 10% growth to constantly go up. That's just something I find funny with growths.

i feel like that's generally my experience in fe in general squints at ike's 11 mag in PoR

but then again i get notoriously regularly curbstomped by rng

i agree that it's really neat, but sometimes i wish we could see some diversity and actually have a unit that looks pretty standard

but for a lot of classes that means making them pretty bad, so again i understand why people wouldn't want to do that

it would make for playing stuff like knights pretty hard, anyway

the only thing really nonstandard about myrdwyn is her having a MAG growth and okayish instead of nonexistent res, otherwise she's just balanced

ack, i didn't mean for my comment to be an attack on everyone's characters, i apologize

i meant it as a general observation, though in my opinion both wyvern riders and pegasus knights are pretty good classes in their base growths

i'll just shut up here before i dig myself into any more holes :x

Hell, I just wanted to play a Shadow Sword since I decided to be nice and set up Colbez as a backup healer incase for whatever horribly fucked up reason, our team loses the one we already have in Ashes...

I'm gonna fucking milk Imbue for all it's work. Then I'm gonna fucking milk the hell out of Ignis once it's time for promotions.... cause see, I learned from maya's failings... I know how to exploit growths now.

This is okay with me. Figuring out how to do fun stuff with growths/skills is part of what makes the game interesting.

Edit: Also 600th post hype I guess.

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

Here is my entry. Hope you all like it. :) Have a great night.

EDIT: SORRY!

Name: Phoenix the Protector

Class: Social Knight/Cavalier > Duke Knight

Character Skill: Savior (Free) - When rescuing and carrying another unit, your Skill and Speed stats aren't reduced.

Month of birth: Setena

Personal Flaw: Charmer - When battling females, -2 base DMG

Personal Skill: Outdoor Battler - When on a plains space, gains +10 Hit/Eva

Personal Skill: Courage - If 3 ally units are within 3 spaces +2 base damage

Promotion Personal Skill: Critical Moment - If Phoenix's HP is at 50% or less, then Phoenix has +10 Crit

Preferred Stats: Strength and HP

Weapon Proficiency: Sword (Slash) ©, Lance (Pierce) ©, D Lance, D Sword

Level: 1

Total Level: 1

Progression Spent: 330/330

HP:23 (20+2) (70%)

STR: 6 (5+1) (60%)

MAG: 0 (0%)

SKL: 5 (40%)

LCK: 2 (20%)

DEF: 5 (4+1) (50%)

RES: 1 (30%)

SPD: 5 (60%)

MOV: 5 (+2 mounted)

CON: 8

AID: 7 (+14 mounted)

Inventory:

Iron Lance (45/45)

Vulnerary (3/3)

Edited by pbood2

We've decided to close signups on Tuesday at 10 PM EST. I'll attempt to work something out with you if you message me or Zeta before the deadline about an extension for your character submission, but it will be on our own terms and non-negotiable.

7 units will be chosen from the ones submitted and put here in the OOC at the end of the deadline, and play will begin (most likely) two to three days afterwards.