Fire Emblem on the Forums: Sea of Crossroads OOC

krim

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, about that! i've never done a fire emblem rpg like this before, so i'm unfamiliar with the mechanics of the play style;

how do promotion class skills work? do they get learned at level 5 / 15 like in fe13 and 14 or does it work differently?

and i'm guessing by kain's comment that the dismounting mechanic is in play, so are dismount penalties a thing?

They actually don't anymore it's in the ruuuules.

b-baka! quote it for me or it didn't happen! (I actually don't see it, did i miss it somehere?)

Otherwise rip

Edit:

oh, about that! i've never done a fire emblem rpg like this before, so i'm unfamiliar with the mechanics of the play style;

how do promotion class skills work? do they get learned at level 5 / 15 like in fe13 and 14 or does it work differently?

and i'm guessing by kain's comment that the dismounting mechanic is in play, so are dismount penalties a thing?

Try not to think of FEF like the mainstream games. No skills will be learnt upon reaching the common milestones like 1, 10, 5, 15. (E.g. At no point will you ever be able to learn Astra in FEF, whereas Swordmasters learn it at level 5 in the main series).
Unless there are all these changes that I'm missing that aren't on the front page. Then welp.
Edited by Stalkerkain

You get them on promotion in addition to the skills you already had. If you had the same skill in T1 you'd get from promoting, you can pick a different one (for the same Cost. Meaning Free or Cost) instead. That should be in the handbook I think.

There are move/aid penalties for dismounting.

b-baka! quote it for me or it didn't happen! (I actually don't see it, did i miss it somehere?)

Otherwise rip

Edit:

Try not to think of FEF like the mainstream games. No skills will be learnt upon reaching the common milestones like 1, 10, 5, 15. (E.g. At no point will you ever be able to learn Astra in FEF, whereas Swordmasters learn it at level 5 in the main series).
Unless there are all these changes that I'm missing that aren't on the front page. Then welp.

The Nullify removal rule wasn't in the handbook and I didn't apply it myself, so it's still given to paladins.

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

You get them on promotion in addition to the skills you already had. If you had the same skill in T1 you'd get from promoting, you can pick a different one (for the same Cost. Meaning Free or Cost) instead. That should be in the handbook I think.

The Nullify rule wasn't in the handbook and I didn't apply it myself, so it's still given to paladins.

okay, so you would get both promotion class skills automatically upon promoting? so hypothetically idei would get both amaterasu and ruler of the skies upon promoting to pegasus hunter, rather than waiting to reach a certain level?

and okay, move/aid penalties for dismount, but no attack/def/etc. penalties like in fe5, okay. sorry for all the questions; i've never done this before so i want to make sure i have all my bases covered haha

Oh misread the question then.

The Nullify removal rule wasn't in the handbook and I didn't apply it myself, so it's still given to paladins.

Woo! Free Nullify upon promotion!

okay, so you would get both promotion class skills automatically upon promoting? so hypothetically idei would get both amaterasu and ruler of the skies upon promoting to pegasus hunter, rather than waiting to reach a certain level?

and okay, move/aid penalties for dismount, but no attack/def/etc. penalties like in fe5, okay. sorry for all the questions; i've never done this before so i want to make sure i have all my bases covered haha

Yes. Also ask questions. Ask all the questions. As many questions as you need to!

Edited by Stalkerkain

Yeah, you get both on promotion. The majority of T2 classes will get two skills.

No attack/defense penalties. Mounts already got nerfed on-mount to have less move so I'm not going to be that cruel. (Despite me adding other things from Thracia not in the original rules lol). I am considering however nerfing them down movewise on indoor maps, or effectively force dismounting indoors as thats a feature I really like. And we have a ton of mounted units being submitted so I might have to just to make them more of a challenge either way. More on that when we actually get close to an indoor map.

Yeah, you get both on promotion. The majority of T2 classes will get two skills.

No attack/defense penalties. Mounts already got nerfed on-mount to have less move so I'm not going to be that cruel. (Despite me adding other things from Thracia not in the original rules lol). I am considering however nerfing them down movewise on indoor maps, or effectively force dismounting indoors as thats a feature I really like. And we have a ton of mounted units being submitted so I might have to just to make them more of a challenge either way. More on that when we actually get close to an indoor map.

force dismounting for indoors is a mechanic i like too!

looks at idei's personal flaw

but maybe him not so much