Danganronpa 3 Chats and stuffs

Felicity

The killer is in the group but the mastermind is unknown. they could be in the building as the traitor or outside the building on jabberwocky island. theres about 4 people left. 5 if munakata's lover theory is real

4 people are left and like I said in one of my earlier posts this is less survivors than DR2 even sigh...: Makoto, Aoi, Ryota and Kyosuke. What is the munakata's lover theory though?

If the attacker is Aoi I'm really going to be confused how she would have become Despair after surviving the DR1 events.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The killer is in the group but the mastermind is unknown. they could be in the building as the traitor or outside the building on jabberwocky island. theres about 4 people left. 5 if munakata's lover theory is real

Why are you suspecting the despairs on Jabberwock island? I would've thought by now that it obviously had to be someone in the Future Foundation(Either Munakata or Ryota). Do they even have any way of leaving the island or contacting the outside world? And I doubt the mastermind would go to Jabberwock island to hide from everyone when FF is throwing a million boats in that direction.

I can't be the only one who just wants to see what's going on with the despairs. They only showed 30 seconds of Izaru staring at some boats like 3 or 4 episodes ago. What happens next!?

I just looked at Kirigiri's page on the DR wiki, WTF?

You shouldn't have done that without watching the episode but oh well.

The theory is that the person he loved, (forgot her name) she was the first person to die. Theres a theory that shes alive and faked her death like junko did in dg1

OH that theory. I know I saw some people mentioning that and I mean it's possible but why would Chisa be evil unless Junko got to her as well. At this point, many things are possible.

Okay so whoever killed Ruruka must have had extreme beef with her because her death was the most brutal one yet. I feel like it should be a clue as to who the attacker is, but who among the remaining survivors would be holding a grudge? I mean, all the other deaths by the attacker were pretty simple until hers. I'm starting to think the attacker is someone we haven't seen yet. As for the other deaths, I'm the most sad over Juzo. He was my personal favorite from the newbies. Part of me wants to believe he will survive that stab, but it's probably not likely. As for Kyoko, I'm actually indifferent. I didn't really care for her at all ever tbh. I'm really glad it was her and not Asahina, all though I guess Hina isn't out of the woods just yet either.

RIP in pieces Ruruka

This episode confirmed all my worries about Mirai-hen: There's nobody left to root for. The only surviving characters are the protagonist, the villain, the protagonist's only chance at surviving and Ryota, who's either the traitor or a red herring. Ruruka and Juzo could've had character development, but nooo, death time. I thought it would get interesting when Komaru was introduced, but then she's just written out of the plot by Gekkobot so Munakata can gloat over Kirigiri's death. I do wonder how Kodaka's going to write the reveal of the traitor, Naegi vs Munakata, the Togami subplot and the Hajime subplot in 3 episodes, though.

tl;dr Mirai-hen suffers from a major case of Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy, all character development scenes end in death and the last 3 episodes are going to be immensely rushed. At least we got Chisa's NG Code from this, though that makes her even more suspicious.

there has been somewhat random theory I saw that the ng codes and the stab wounds from the killer put everyone in a comatose like state and it is possible one of seikos drugs can bring them back letting almost everyone that died in this series come back

Edited by nepeta100

there has been somewhat random theory I saw that the ng codes and the stab wounds from the killer put everyone in a comatose like state and it is possible one of seikos drugs can bring them back letting almost everyone that died in this series come back

The attacker's victims were outright stated to have been stabbed in their hearts. I very much doubt there's any chance they'll be getting up after that. The NG code thing is kinda plausible, but this might just be wishful thinking on my part because NG codes killed some of the characters I liked.

If the traitor is one of the survivors and not the mysterious extra person, I think this episode confirms their identity.

Ruruka's killer hated her, that's for sure. This means we can safely rule out Naegi (main character), Munakata (likes quick killing techniques, like slashing the throat and decapitating) and Asahina (interacted with Ruruka exactly once). That leaves exactly one survivor.

Ryota was there when Ruruka attempted to kill Kirigiri, killed Kizakura, brainwashed Juzo and got outed for killing Izayoi. Considering that he appears to be our Komaeda expy, with all the weird morality issues that this implies, he'd probably think that Ruruka deserves to die. Also, since this is the fifth case, we can make a checklist of the expected plot points:

* Brutal death (Mukuro, Komaeda, Ruruka)

* Deuteragonist dies (Kirigiri on the bad route, Komaeda and Nanami, Kirigiri again)

* Impossible case (Mukuro was killed before the fifth case, Komaeda arranged a suicide by cop to frame Nanami, Ruruka's case looks like a closed room murder)

* None of the deaths are exactly what they seem (Mukuro was killed by Junko, Kirigiri was innocent, Naegi survives, Komaeda arranged the whole thing so Nanami would kill him, Nanami was an AI). We can see something that looks a lot like Seiko's medicine stuff rolling away from Kirigiri's corpse and Ruruka's death looks very similar to Kirigiri's fakeout, since both scenes are overwhelmingly red and look straight out of Higurashi.

* The result of the fifth case is a very bad thing for the mastermind. In DR1, Junko let it slip that she was getting desperate. In DR2, Nanami's death united the group. If my theory is correct, in DR3, the traitor just outed himself.

• Administrators

That school council killing game was horrifying especially with the yellow hoodie girl and the couple who wanted to die together quickly but instead the guy got stabbed and the girl got stabbed on the floor through the guy with the knife in him by a shovel (what kind of twistedness is this) why the heck did that shovel guy even do that because they were going to kill each other by gunshot to the head?

He had to kill the girl he liked. So why should those two be allowed to have their romance?

Kirigiri would've noticed if they were comatose, cuz they'd still have a pulse.

This isn't a theory, although it could happen. This is just an idea I had.

Chiaki doesn't die. As a result of Izuru being a thing, she becomes despair, leads her class into despair, is never captured, goes on to mastermind Mirai-hen's killing game. She's the 16th participant instead of Hagakure.

And perhaps, assuming Hajime's the one who really loves boats, he can go from Jabberwock island and confront her in the end.

I'd like to see that.

Theres no proof that she was one of the despairs, even for the ultimate imposter lookalike. There image wasn't there as one of the remnants of despair either. I don't think either of them are going to join despair at all if anything its something that everyone will cry/hate about.

To be honest, I am definitely leaning towards there being no true attacker, as it seems far more likely that all the attacker killings so far have been suicides . Yes, you read that correctly. I had the idea cooking in my skull for a while, but it turns out I'm not alone. Take a look at this very logical breakdown on reddit by a like minded person who I appreciate for writing all of this:

https://m.reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/51e1tw/dr3_all_spoilers_a_detailed_evidencebased/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=false

• Support Squad

Nah, Chiaki is pretty clearly representative of hope for the class from the audiences pov. Namely how Chiaki was the plug in DR2 meant to keep the hope simulation on track and how she kept the class together in side: despair as class rep. Her death would send them all reeling just enough for junko to get her fingers in the classes heads.

Ok. So. Now that I'm caught up.

Ruruka definitely got what she deserved but a tiny inkling of me wants to feel bad for her. Not because she was cute, but because of how terrified she was. I'd be terrified if I was thrown in the Hunger Games where it's my gummy bears and tootsie rolls vs. a world class boxer and the deranged, female version of Popeye the Sailor Man. Seriously, she's so weak she couldn't pick up a medium sized stone. That fear corrupted her so much that she was willing to sacrifice her only protection and love.

But the rest of me fucking hates her from killing my sweet Yoi, fuck you.

I've got a serious feeling that Kyoko isn't dead/is gonna wake up. Why? Because she's Kyoko Kirigiri, Super High School Level "I have a contingency plan for everything". She also had 4 rounds to figure out how to not die, and being the detective that she is, she definitely saw Seiko's attempt to save Bandai and thought "Hm, if that stuff works, I should use it." Also, it only seemed like her eye was bleeding and the rest of that side of her body was fine. I mean come on, this is Kirigiri we're talkin about, I believe she's got a trick up her sleeve.

If the traitor is one of the survivors and not the mysterious extra person, I think this episode confirms their identity.

Ruruka's killer hated her, that's for sure. This means we can safely rule out Naegi (main character), Munakata (likes quick killing techniques, like slashing the throat and decapitating) and Asahina (interacted with Ruruka exactly once). That leaves exactly one survivor.

Ryota was there when Ruruka attempted to kill Kirigiri, killed Kizakura, brainwashed Juzo and got outed for killing Izayoi. Considering that he appears to be our Komaeda expy, with all the weird morality issues that this implies, he'd probably think that Ruruka deserves to die. Also, since this is the fifth case, we can make a checklist of the expected plot points:

* Brutal death (Mukuro, Komaeda, Ruruka)

* Deuteragonist dies (Kirigiri on the bad route, Komaeda and Nanami, Kirigiri again)

* Impossible case (Mukuro was killed before the fifth case, Komaeda arranged a suicide by cop to frame Nanami, Ruruka's case looks like a closed room murder)

* None of the deaths are exactly what they seem (Mukuro was killed by Junko, Kirigiri was innocent, Naegi survives, Komaeda arranged the whole thing so Nanami would kill him, Nanami was an AI). We can see something that looks a lot like Seiko's medicine stuff rolling away from Kirigiri's corpse and Ruruka's death looks very similar to Kirigiri's fakeout, since both scenes are overwhelmingly red and look straight out of Higurashi.

* The result of the fifth case is a very bad thing for the mastermind. In DR1, Junko let it slip that she was getting desperate. In DR2, Nanami's death united the group. If my theory is correct, in DR3, the traitor just outed himself.

You are very right that Ruruka's death was brutal like was that really necessary and was it even a stab to the heart that killed her this time?

When you say ruruka's death looks like a closed room murder, what do you mean? Ruruka was in the hallway preparing stones no so she was easy pickings? What do you mean ruruka's death looks very similar to Kirigiri's fakeout?

He had to kill the girl he liked. So why should those two be allowed to have their romance?

Kirigiri would've noticed if they were comatose, cuz they'd still have a pulse.

This isn't a theory, although it could happen. This is just an idea I had.

Chiaki doesn't die. As a result of Izuru being a thing, she becomes despair, leads her class into despair, is never captured, goes on to mastermind Mirai-hen's killing game. She's the 16th participant instead of Hagakure.

And perhaps, assuming Hajime's the one who really loves boats, he can go from Jabberwock island and confront her in the end.

I'd like to see that.

Still was pointless since they were going to kill each other anyways and he killed the girl he liked but no one said he had to. :(

About the chiaki despair theory, disproven by the japanese intro song in episode 6 and on where everyone else has red eyes except for chisa (unknown because her eyes are closed as she falls) and chiaki (eyes open and pure). if Chiaki did join despair, her eyes would also be red. This theory would be better than Chiaki dying but I just don't see this happening.

Nah, Chiaki is pretty clearly representative of hope for the class from the audiences pov. Namely how Chiaki was the plug in DR2 meant to keep the hope simulation on track and how she kept the class together in side: despair as class rep. Her death would send them all reeling just enough for junko to get her fingers in the classes heads.

Very true. The japanese intro also proves that chiaki stays hope instead of despair because she doesn't have red eyes in the intro while the others do.

What you just said about the half of her body was effected was that she fine? Idk about that. In the same episode it happened to izayoi and the one before that kazakura looked the same. It doesn't matter if half you body looks like that. That deadly poison is just as it was said and it will kill quickly. btw they also checked for a pulse and kyoko showed no signs of a pulse so sorry to say this but it doesn't look like shes alive