Felicity

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

actually heck, i kind of want makoto to be the one that dies, thinking about it

i mean i want it to be hagakure more but we all know that's not gonna happen

at the start of DR3, monokuma says something like this will be the end of your story and mine! to him. I assumed that was just because DR3 is supposed to end the trilogy of the original hopes peak academy,

but I was also thinking after all of this, how are they possibly going to make the DR3 game, which presumably takes place in an overseas Hopes Peak, satisfying (or for that matter, compare at all)

well, it would actually be pretty convenient to have DR3 be literally the end of makoto's story in that he dies. then whatever other relevant characters can safely carry over to the new plotline and hopefully keep help keep it relevant and engaging

but that's probably a stretch to assuage my doubts about the new plotline OTL

Wow that's actually pretty good! Not all English versions are as cool the originals but I really like her voice.

Now I wanna do a male version but I'm a wimp

I'm still very upset by the Student Council killing game though. Never forget sweet yellow-hoodie girl who didn't wanna die but SIR SWOLE FUCK NUGGET DIDN'T HAVE A BRAIN AND FUCKIN THREW HER!

Well, about the traitor, I think we can safely rule out Ruruka and Juzo. I don't think the former would go for a copycat murder if she was the traitor herself, and the latter is too stupid to be a mastermind.

The Munakata confrontation in EP8 makes me worried about Asahina, though. I mean, we all know he's off his rocker, so the "despair" he talked about could very well be Naegi, but he did establish that he knows the traitor isn't him. Ryota looks too obvious to be anything other than a red herring, but he and Chisa are still my main bets.

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen someone in anime act all nervous and sweet but turn out to be a murderous monster. It's definitely Ryota. He's the only possibility at this point as everyone else is dead, or ruled out in EP8. There's a possibility that it's still Juzo, but I think he's just loyal. Munakuta is just batshit insane, but not a traitor. As for which among the OG squad Naegi will cause to die. I'm gonna be an extreme optimist and say that his hope will come through and none of them will die. If I had to choose though, I'd definitely want weedman to go. Or Byakuya.

If anything the traitor seems most likely. Being the mastermind just doesn't add in. We have to consider people canput on acts. Celeste had an act in the first danganronpa, as well as mikan did in the second, even the fake byakuya. So I wouldn't put it past them to make ryota a nervous, sweet character, actually being the traitor

Only thing that concerns me is that after all this, Kyoko still trusts him enough to keep him close, which means she doesn't have reason to doubt him yet. Plus I still think he's a sweetie and he seemed like an obvious answer at the beginning. For things to line up that easily just seems far too cliché. I still think Chisa's death was too easy, and might be an homage of sorts to Mukuro Junko.

• Support Squad

Ryota has had definite contact with Junko, we saw it in side despair. He was also pretty unstable in despair too, considering he drove himself as hard as he did. I refuse to believe that for some reason Junko ignored him and let him get away without being inflicted with despair. Plus he's been sticking with the most capable person in the series who can solve everything. He could kill her so easily if he won her trust.

Conversely, the attacker might not be a part of the group on the whole. It could be one of the first deaths, the guy with the luffy hat. The series takes pretty liberal views on what drugs can do, maybe they could have a drug to simulate the death of the actual drug, who knows?

Maybe it's Cyborg Junko.

or kirigiri knows its him and is keeping him close to watch his moves and detectives. I mean she can figure things out pretty fast if there's enough to go on, but waits if there isn't. this is probably one of those where she has her suspicions and cant confirm it yet until later. Plus he been pretty close to everyone in area wise of the series

Similar to the class trials in the series, you guys seem to be missing a vital clue as to the identity of the traitor/attacker: Munakata's reaction to the revelation of their identity. There's no way that it's Ryota or at least, just Ryota, because there is no reason that Munakata would react in that way to learning that he was the traitor when Ryota was just another person he was satisfied with sacrificing for the good of hope in episode 2. It would have to be either someone close to Munakata or Munakata himself with an alternate personality brought about by the sleeping gas in the way Toko's Stun Gun/sneezing/going unconscious does, someone who already died Junko style, or the multiple people theory. No other explanation that I can think of would cause Munakata to go berserk in the way he did.

Would they really pull the "lol I faked my death" thing again though? I'm pretty sure Chisa is dead. Munakata is pissed though. Taking his reaction into account, I think I'll change my predictions. I believe that Juzo is the killer, and that he killed Chisa. Munakata wouldn't expect that, hence his reaction. This would also make Juzo a traitor in both betraying the Future Foundation, and Munakata himself because Chisa was his love interest and really close to both Juzo and Munakata. As for the mastermind, the only person I can think of is Ryota. There's a possibility it could be someone outside of the game that's monitoring it. If Ryota turns out to be innocent then I'll be 100% sure the mastermind isn't anyone currently in the killing game or even near the event. Which most likely means it's someone on Jabberwock Island

If Juzo was the killer he wouldn't be off trying to kill everyone constantly. As much as he may want Chisa out of the way to feel closer to Munakata, he hasn't done shit to help him recently.

Ok so we're gonna go real far off here.

Conspiracy time.

Chisa is lowkey the mastermind and pulled a fucking Junko and faked her death at the beginning, because she would "die for munakata." During the first sleep time, Chisa transfers everyone to the underground replica of the building and plants a cadaver of herself to throw everyone off. Killing game then begins. When the sleep time begins, the killer's bracelet releases a serum that acts as either a hallucinogen or something of the sort that would leave the killer waking up not realizing they'd killed anyone afterwards. Munakata is low-key the killer but because of this hallucinogen does not know he's killing. So when Tengen tells him that he's the killer, he is shocked for a moment, then laughs it off as a half-assed attempt to get Munakata to kill himself for hope. Chisa's aim is to annihilate Future Foundation from the inside so Munakata can drop his focus on it and focus his time on to Chisa. Also, because of her bond to the students of the 77th class, she wants to keep the remaining remnants safe from the Future Foundation. By killing off significant members, she can keep her students safe.

A theory I saw on Reddit suggests that Naegi himself is the killer. Something about how after he's unconscious the Junko cyber thing or whatever it was takes over. Basically meaning he has a second personality that only comes out when he's unconscious. It adds to the fact that Naegi will cause the death of an OG survivor. Idk how likely that is but it's pretty interesting and would be much better than another faked death.

So, from the looks of it, I'm fairly certain that Munakata's forbidden action is opening doors and Kyoko's is to directly speak to Makoto. Still unsure about Ryota's though. We do know the forbidden action of every other living participant though aside from these three.

And then Munakata would have been correct all along that Naegi should have killed himself for the sake of hope and FF.

It's an interesting theory and it could be a thing, but I would want more info it. Do you have a link to the reddit thread?

I believe it was on the EP7 discussion thread. Sadly, I can't exactly remember because it was just one comment of several I read. And I usually read all of the discussion threads. My best guess is the EP6 one or EP7. That said, it does make sense since Munakata called him despair when he caught up to Naegi and HIna, among him being the direct cause of a 78th class survivor death. Also people have speculated that Ryota's forbidden action was to be alone, and he's always been seen with someone so it makes sense. Though if that's true it means he isn't the killer, unless he takes a sleeping person with him.