Danganronpa 3 Chats and stuffs

Felicity

• Support Squad

I was right, after all. The reason why Chisa set up so many death flags in EP8 is because she would get brainwashed by Junko.

I, for one, welcome our new Chisa overlord.

That episode was horrifying, but it's good to know that Zetsubou-hen is keeping up the pace, unlike Mirai-hen. We only have, like, 2 episodes left, right? I think that's enough to show the class 77 kids getting brainwashed.

The revelation that the brainwashed people are very much conscious and aware of what they're doing, but unable to control themselves, is by far the creepiest part to me. Just imagine the possibilities: Teruteru loves his mother, right? Boom, Junko orders him to kill her. He can't stop himself, but he's aware of what he's doing. He would be effectively trapped in his own body.

but that kind of brainwashing just isn't possible. You can change someones outward views and how they act, I'm fine with that but to make it so that the conscious mind has no capability of stopping even when told to kill itself despite clearly not wanting to that makes no, NO sense whatsoever and has shattered my ability to suspend disbelief with this series which has already been strained in the past.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but that kind of brainwashing just isn't possible. You can change someones outward views and how they act, I'm fine with that but to make it so that the conscious mind has no capability of stopping even when told to kill itself despite clearly not wanting to that makes no, NO sense whatsoever and has shattered my ability to suspend disbelief with this series which has already been strained in the past.

But do you find it realistic that they can make hajime the most talented person for every talent known to man merely by picking around his brain?

• Support Squad

But do you find it realistic that they can make hajime the most talented person for every talent known to man merely by picking around his brain?

WOW I missed that probably because I stared at Makoto when that happened lol.

That's so sad that she knew either her or Makoto must die by the fourth time limit and the way her eyes popped open like in terror. :( MY BAE.

Saw a pretty neat theory on reddit that states that Munakata has/will realize that Chisa is the mastermind, and as a result, will ask Makoto to shoot him in order to kill Chisa. Yes, I know that if she's the mastermind, she could easily just not be wearing a bracelet, but is that really the legacy of despair Junko left behind? She died by playing by the rules of her own game, (though she took the punishments a bit further than necessary to feel true despair).

While the "attacker alternates based on the OP deaths" theory is most likely jossed to hell and back, I still think that it's quite interesting how it lines up perfectly with the order of deaths. As in, Great Gozu is involved in Chisa's death, so he's the next to die. Tengan would be the one who killed him, so he was going to be next, but then Munakata got him first. Then, the mastermind is forced to choose a new victim in order to start the game again, with Seiko being killed by Izayoi, who then gets killed by Ruruka, who just happens to be the next one to be killed. The death that looks more like Ruruka's in the OP is her own (obviously she doesn't get frozen and shattered, but it's one of the two deaths that involve wounds all over the body (the other is Seiko, who becomes a human pincushion), so either the mastermind killed her personally or she was brainwashed into committing suicide. Given this specific order, it appears that the order of death isn't random, it's a way to hide evidence.

Sorry if I missed something, but what evidence is there that Great Gozu was involved in Chisa's death? I understand Tengan being involved with Gozu's, as it would provide him the knowledge of knowing the killer alternates, but I still have no clue how Gozu was tied to Chisa in that way.

Sorry if I missed something, but what evidence is there that Great Gozu was involved in Chisa's death? I understand Tengan being involved with Gosu's, as it would provide him the knowledge of knowing the killer alternates, but I still have no clue how Gozu was tied to Chisa in that way.

The theory is based on the fact that Gozu is shown being chained to the ceiling in the opening, which kinda resembles Chisa's death, as it also involved chains. Tengan's death in the opening involved electric cables, which is how Gozu dies, and Izayoi's death involves being crucified, which is how Seiko dies. Also, he's one of the few people who are strong enough to put Chisa's body in the chandelier.

Edit, EP10 spoilers:

CONFIRMED. The attacker alternates.

Edited by Amanojaku

Well, after the credits of this week's Future Arc episode are boats and foreboding music. Does this mean next week we'll finally see what's going on with the Remnants of Despair?

Also, can I just say that seeing Munakata get hit in the back of the head by that fire extinguisher was hilarious? I could watch it for hours.

d1fb5045ce6a80ac2e0eb4fb9d3683d1.gif

The theory is based on the fact that Gozu is shown being chained to the ceiling in the opening, which kinda resembles Chisa's death, as it also involved chains. Tengan's death in the opening involved electric cables, which is how Gozu dies, and Izayoi's death involves being crucified, which is how Seiko dies. Also, he's one of the few people who are strong enough to put Chisa's body in the chandelier.

Edit, EP10 spoilers:

Not entirely confirmed. There's still a heavy possibility that these were all brainwashed suicides.

Also there was a tie-in with DR0 that you gotta pay attention to to catch.

Chisa pleads to Munakata, asking "Who could have done this?" in regards to the dead children. This mirrors the behavior of Junko after she smashed her own sandcastle and said the same thing to Yasuke.

Ok so people were right about chisa being despair. which I refused to believe but made me sad when she killed those kids. Even worse is that munakata thinks that he no exception when it comes to despair. he thinks he not one of the attackers. Now we have the attackers identity. Since the chancellor was right because he cant tell a lie, all the people in he building are the attackers. but I don't believe they were suicides. I think different people killed each other. something like hypnosis during when they were knocked out ach round

What I don't get though, is if these aren't suicides, why were Chisa and Ruruka's eyes open and crying? Shouldn't they have been asleep?

Chisa very obviously staged her own death, so those could be tears of joy from carrying on Junko's legacy or the brainwashing effect ran out seconds before her death, like in Yamada's case, and those were tears of remorse. Ruruka was probably brainwashed into killing herself, since she was murdered in a closed room and, according to my theory, the attacker wanted to silence her.

Edited by Amanojaku

Kyoko was one of the most thoughtful people in this series. Even though she didn't show it, with her trying to keep her appearance as the ultimate detective.

PREACH BRO! I totally agree with this. Apparently even the quiet people can be thoughtful and caring when you least expect it. :)

Sorry if I missed something, but what evidence is there that Great Gozu was involved in Chisa's death? I understand Tengan being involved with Gozu's, as it would provide him the knowledge of knowing the killer alternates, but I still have no clue how Gozu was tied to Chisa in that way.

What evidence is there that Tengan would be able to hang and kill Gozu though? I'm more inclined to believe the suicidal theory tbh. Makes sense when the screens are taken into account. I do find it interesting that Tengan knew the attacker was everyone when Munakata asked but how would he know that hmmmm?

Edit, EP10 spoilers:

Izayoi or Ruruka being the attacker for Seiko's death would explain why she died at that point. The suicide theory can still hold true for that death because Seiko was depressed she couldn't help people so if she was hypnotized with despair, it's not unbelievable she would kill herself. :( I'm not sure the attacker alternates theory is confirmed because all Tengan said is the attacker is everyone not that they alternate.

Not entirely confirmed. There's still a heavy possibility that these were all brainwashed suicides.

Also there was a tie-in with DR0 that you gotta pay attention to to catch.

Chisa pleads to Munakata, asking "Who could have done this?" in regards to the dead children. This mirrors the behavior of Junko after she smashed her own sandcastle and said the same thing to Yasuke.

I agree with this brainwashed suicides possibility for sure. Chisa under despair is becoming worse than Junko. Like killing little children? Who does that :( I never read or saw DR0 so I missed that for sure.

What I don't get though, is if these aren't suicides, why were Chisa and Ruruka's eyes open and crying? Shouldn't they have been asleep?

Great point. I wonder if we'll find out in the last two episodes.

Chisa very obviously staged her own death, so those could be tears of joy from carrying on Junko's legacy or the brainwashing effect ran out seconds before her death, like in Yamada's case, and those were tears of remorse. Ruruka was probably brainwashed into killing herself, since she was murdered in a closed room and, according to my theory, the attacker wanted to silence her.

Who would want to silence her because you said the attacker wanted to but then you say she was brainwashed into killing herself so are you saying that Ruruka was the attacker?

Anyways. Onto my thoughts. I had a sliver of hope that Kyoko was still alive (I WANT MY BAE BACK!) because Aoi after Makoto left noticed something about Kyoko and I thought that it was the red writing that appears during a poison death, didn't happen on the bracelet but oh well. Episode 10 was really good and I'm glad Munakata finally woke up to the truth. I'm excited to see what happens with the Remnants because we have barely seen them when we know everyone watching most likely wants to see what's going on with them lol. Chisa under despair is so scary to see.

2 more episodes for Future Arc. :( It's such an amazing show. Sad to see it end soon.

if he lied his ng code would have activated and the poison would have changed his appearance and yet it didn't. The only way if he lied and the poison didn't activate is if he was the mastermind to make sure despair spread. but it unknown as to who is the mastermind. it will be revealed next week

• Support Squad

if he lied his ng code would have activated and the poison would have changed his appearance and yet it didn't. The only way if he lied and the poison didn't activate is if he was the mastermind to make sure despair spread. but it unknown as to who is the mastermind. it will be revealed next week

the poison changes peoples appearance because it circulates through the bloodstream, which is why it starts from the left side. If you haven't got much blood pumping through your system then logically there would be no change in appearance.

the poison changes peoples appearance because it circulates through the bloodstream, which is why it starts from the left side. If you haven't got much blood pumping through your system then logically there would be no change in appearance.

The bracelet would still make the 8-bit noise, so that didn't happen.