Danganronpa 3 Chats and stuffs

Felicity

I had to pause half the way through Chiaki's punishment.

That ain't right. That ain't wholesome. No. No ma'am. Nah ah you don't do that. Who gave this little girl a death dungeon?! Did the school not realize that there was a death dungeon built/being built right beneath them or was someone just like "Ah, must be the Super High School Level Labyrinth Constructor or something."

I MEAN EVEN SAIONJI CRIED WTF?! no I don't agree with this. I do not. I am rather upset. I was having a great day a GREAT DAY until I saw this. Why couldn't she have just been stabbed in the heart?!

Well, at least now I see why Junko always used pixelated sprites for the execution intros. Almost like some gruesome tribute to Chiaki and her talent.

I'm so upset.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

There's nothing saying Hajime is in despair. There's a whole host of ways you can react emotionally to your friends murder, the regular emotion of despair being one of them yes. However the key to the brainwashing was the hypnotic monitors. When those tears fell he wasn't lookin' at a monitor. Izuru goes with despair because it's interesting, that's the whole shtick.

So now, skip to future arc. We know, somewhere in there, Hajime is there and I'm willing to bet he remembers the events of DR2 somewhere

Muh boys gonna come in clutch when it counts bois. The series will end in hope and ain't that just fitting?

Didn't AI Junko say that the real Junko broke Izuru's spirit? I seem to remember her saying that in DR2.

Jeez. The whole "we're unable to move or look away at all but are still perfectly capable of complaining and yelling" thing is downright absurd and kinda made it hard to watch the brainwashing scenes this episode. Especially after Chisa had to be restrained in a chair with her eyes forced open to watch the killing game footage earlier.

I could understand the "I don't wanna do this" schick from that one blue guy who sawed his own neck open, assuming he was doing that out of duress or something and wasn't actually completely brainwashed(he could've been made more likely to comply in response to Junko's threats through brainwashing? I dunno). Wouldn't be the first time Junko lied or stretched the truth to mess with people and help drive them further into despair. But apparently, that's legit how brainwashing works in DR. I get that being made to do things while you're fully aware of it and don't want it at all is a more horrifying thought than that of unconsciously doing it or being made to want to do all that, but it still doesn't change the fact that still being able to talk when you're physically incapable of moving otherwise "because brainwashing" is just silly.

... doesn't help that this reminds me of a scene in Shadow the Hedgehog where everyone is paralysed and frozen in silly poses because of some nerve gas and are somehow still able to talk,

• Administrators

rcxwxpndprlx.png

you leave mikan the fuck alone sir. she is endlessly precious and i will not tolerate this slander.

anyway.

this sucks.

i don't mean that chiaki's dead, though that sucks too because it was so predictable

but honestly this brainwashing thing is so cheap.

i don't dig it.

"poof! youre despair now!" also contradicts stuff stated in SDR2, that she got to them 1 by 1 and exploited their weaknesses, which would have been so much more interesting.

so the only thing i'm in despair about is the fact that they chose to do this instead.

but there's still one more episode, so, maybe they call pull it back. i hope so.

I despise Mikan for everything she ever did in DR2 and this and I agree with Hiyoko's insults.

Also there is 2 episodes left of each arc Ame not one so even more time and potential to pull the show back and do the 1 by 1 weakness exploitation Junko mentioned in DR2 apparently.

Edited by pbood2

I despise Mikan for everything she ever did in DR2 and this and I agree with Hiyoko's insults.

it's not entirely her fault.

it's like they made mikan with the sole purpose of having her suffer hell, i can't help but feel bad for her. =/

I have to say, the episode happened just about as I had predicted. I didn't have the massive maze for Chiaki down, but the rest of it I had pretty solidly. The biggest surprise was Chiaki still trying to stand up after laying in a pool of her own blood. Like, holy hell, girl, how are you still alive or even conscious?

Besides, I kinda figured Hajime was still around inside of Izuru since the Neo World Program wouldn't be able to revert him to a previous state if he didn't have any memories of that previous state. Thus, his memories of his previous life are merely suppressed. There may be brainwashing and giving someone every talent in the world in Danganronpa, but there doesn't seem to be any permanent state of memory wiping outside of the Neo World Program in its most ideal form.

There's lots of material for Junko to use in order to manipulate them, like Natsumi's death and the Great Sonia Love Triangle, so I'd be disappointed if Chiaki's death wasn't just the beginning. We still have one episode or two left, so there's still hope for better writing.

Speaking of which, Chiaki's death. It's quite impressive that she survived the whole thing until the end and still managed to hang on and have a conversation with Izuru when the same thing that happened to her killed Mukuro almost instantly. Also, both of Chiaki's executions mirror those of the despair twins, don't they?

By the way, what's up with her eyes? They're supposed to be pink, but in, like, half of her screentime they're green.

you leave mikan the fuck alone sir. she is endlessly precious and i will not tolerate this slander.

anyway.

this sucks.

i don't mean that chiaki's dead, though that sucks too because it was so predictable

but honestly this brainwashing thing is so cheap.

i don't dig it.

"poof! youre despair now!" also contradicts stuff stated in SDR2, that she got to them 1 by 1 and exploited their weaknesses, which would have been so much more interesting.

so the only thing i'm in despair about is the fact that they chose to do this instead.

but there's still one more episode, so, maybe they call pull it back. i hope so.

wait one more episode is there only 11 despair episodes?

also my heart rip

Edited by nepeta100

wait one more episode is there only 11 despair episodes?

also my heart rip

Yeah, it was confirmed that there'd be only 11 episodes for the Despair Arc, unfortunately. I guess there just wasn't much to tell other than a few new things we didn't know and quite a few old things that we already knew. It's been pretty great, but we all knew what the outcome would more than likely be when it came to the end.

• Administrators

What would have been the 12th despair broadcast is replaced by a special episode, presumably to act as a conclusion for Mirai, or maybe something in between the two chapters.

Additionally, there are supposedly six episodes coming out on a bluray release that are yet to be announced, and do not seem to be either Mirai or Zetsubou.

Hajime existing in SDR2 is proof that he's still in Izuru.

i'm not going to try to defend mikan's actions-- but it might be defensible since there was junko mind tampery stuff in both SDR2 and DR3.

i'm just saying.

she's precious and i love her.

and hiyoko deserved her death..........

Munakata's NG code was opening doors so he couldn't see Juzo hiding in the closet.

On a more serious note, it looks like Chiaki was stabbed by 17 spears. One for each of her classmates, Hajime/Izuru, and Chisa. Also I swear if Chiaki is mutilated and basically dead in the next despair OP I'm going to cry.

I'm well aware she's dead, I'm just not sure how they're going to present her in next episode's opening.

idk man part of me is still hoping Izuru/Hajime pulls out something to help her somehow, he was seen crying at the end and since he's so powerful maybe he can pull off something if he cares enough. those are very slim chances but still...

• Support Squad

Nah, when someone's dead they're dead, corpse--swappings notwithstanding. The series hasn't pulled its punches before, even with the Neo world project considering most of class 77 is largely dead personality-wise. Just remember, really, that Chiaki got her own back by derailing that as the plant in the simulation and, if I'm right about Hajime pulling through, effectively helped put despairs next plot down.

As turrible as the events are in side despair you gotta remember that's in the past and we've effectively jumped so far ahead we're almost in the clear. Once the Remnants are killed/saved the world can get back on its feet, the one who set it all in motion dead and buried.

In a way you can sort of defend Mikan because she is VERY obsequious by nature and a prime target for manipulation. I guess you can pin that on a life of constantly feeling the need to apologize and being hurt. I'm still upset at her though (but I too agree that Hiyoko got what was coming to her)

On the subject of Junko's brainwashing techniques...

They are to say the least, farfetch'd. Especially Mukuro's lobotomy on Chisa. "Oh, from reading this book titled 'Lobotomy for Dummies' I'm gonna shove these probably un-sterilized needles in her head and knit the word 'DESPAIR'"

And the inability to move yet speak is weird too. I would've thought at least ONE of them would be strong enough mentally to say "um no fuck this let's saver her". Really? No one had the mental integrity to overcome HD TV?

On a lighter note AWWWW JUZO HAS A CWUSH! But wait NO damnit Munakata you killed your shipmate! You guys were gonna be Kyozu Munakakura but no, you were dumb with your dumb evil fake girlfriend.

also I found this quite accurate of the DR1 cast

tumblr_o9jx74lKlV1sat4yxo1_500.png

Oh wow I was sure because I read somewhere (Danganronpa wiki) that there would be 12 episodes of each but now the wiki has 11 despair, 1 special and 12 future so ok then. Next despair episode is the last wow.

Also, how can you say Hiyoko deserved her death. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time apparently but she didn't deserve to die if you think because of her bad mouth she deserved it. :(

• Support Squad

If Hiyoko is Ruruka, she was a terrible person who not only put herself first but did it in the seediest most manipulative way possible.

Also, do we really need spoiler at this point? Who is crazy enough to check in this thread before watching the episode

If Hiyoko is Ruruka, she was a terrible person who not only put herself first but did it in the seediest most manipulative way possible.

Also, do we really need spoiler at this point? Who is crazy enough to check in this thread before watching the episode

You don't know what Hiyoko would have done if she was in Ruruka's place in this game though. I doubt she would be like Ruruka but that's just good faith in her I suppose. :(

Will my last post be the catalyst for the elimination of the spoiler tag but in all honesty, I didn't use the tags last post because I didn't say anything spoilery lol.

as much as I like the fact that hiyoko got what was coming to her in dg2 from what shes done to mikan. I still believe that mikan went a bit too far in getting revenge. don't get me wrong im glad that mikan got revenge, I just feel that she went too far.

Edited by Jmanultrax1

• Support Squad

Well that's the tragic side of bullying. If a victim can't get help, they can feel like they're in a corner. It's dangerous to do that because people can get despearate and, yes, go too far.