Danganronpa 3 Chats and stuffs

Felicity

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you a breakdown of what happened/we learned about each character this episode.

Tengan - Tengan entrusted his hope to Mitarai, using this killing game as a way to force his hand into broadcasting his hope video to the world. Neither he nor Mitarai are aware of the repercussions of doing so. Tengan did not intend for Mitarai to participate in this killing game. To make sure it still continued until Mitarai would be effectively forced to share his video, he made sure that Mitarai's NG code was to make use of his talent, which includes showing people his hope brainwash video.

Mitarai - Mitarai is incredibly resentful of the fact that he has never done anything good for the side of hope and has only contributed to despair. This anger has boiled up inside of him, and now that he has his chance to spread hope. He wants to ensure that no one can stop him, and that he gets his moment to shine. To accomplish this, he broadcasts this brainwash hope video to all the soldiers entering the site of the killing game and to Asahina in order to prevent Naegi and Munakata from interfering. He truly believes that what he is doing is right though, being completely unaware of the fact that brainwashing to bring hope is just as malevolent as brainwashing for despair.

Asahina - Home girl got the short end of the stick once again. Got brainwashed by Mitarai to restrain Naegi until she was brought to her senses. Not even a few minutes later she gets shot in the leg and begs Naegi to go stop Mitarai while she's left bleeding.

Munakata - My dude saved Naegi and Asahina before they were almost killed, and goes on to create a diversion to stop the soldiers from getting to Naegi and Asahina.

Naegi - Dude's gotta do what Naegi does best, be our protagonist. He's trying his best to get to Mitarai to talk some sense into him and stop him from what he's doing. Gets cornered by soldiers.

Hagakure - Yes, you heard me. He did something. He dove in front of Naegi without any shots being fired and immediately surrendered, and created a diversion for...

Togami - Mr. Affluence appears with his secret service dudes and smacks the shit out of the soldiers attacking Naegi.

Chisa - Girl is chilling in the afterlife theater watching this all go down. She's in her normal mindset here, and tells Junko after her speech that hope is just about to begin.

Junko - Shows up to explain how Chisa lead Munakata down this radical path to eliminate despair and was responsible for the divide between Tengan and Munakata as a result. She also summarizes Tengan's reasoning for starting the killing game.

Komaru and Toko and Monaca - girls got brainwashed from Mitarai's broadcast

Hajizuru - My dude killed a bunch of people and we saw his silhouette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juzo - unintentionally fucked it all up by disabling the wristbands whoops

Okay so I was wrong about everything except Weedman and Byakuya showing up. Also poor Hina got a nicked with a bullet but at least it's her leg. Those goons better back off though I will hop in this anime and beat some ass to protect my precious Hina. Hina should be okay. I don't think hope brainwashed people would kill someone that couldn't fight back. If anything they'll try to brainwash her. Someone save my baby please. Also Ryota can suck it. Brainwashed hope isn't real hope, dumbass. His weeb ass needs to wisen up.

Storm Trooper Goons: "There he is! Get him!"

Munakata: "Ryūjin no ken wo kūrae!"

Like seriously he went ham on those soldiers lmao.

Edit: Oh I guess I wasn't wrong about everything. I forgot that homeboy Mr. Talent popped up too. And technically the mastermind was revealed so yeah. Oops.

so with the final episode will there be a continuation on what happens next? It ended on a cliffhanger so we don't know what happens in that time.

I can sympathize with ryota. he helped caused one of the mot tragic events. Then he was too scared to say anything or fix it. But now hes ready to do just that, just not in the right way. Brainwashing people into a somewhat zombie like state doesn't bring hope, it just prevents them for thinking and acting on their own. He just wants to be a hero at last after all the suffering he's caused/went through.

The "Hope Arc" is the confirmed-to-be 30 minutes episode that takes the place of what would have been despair arc episode 12, and acts as a merge between the arcs (effectively, the remnants are going to be in the future arc).

Also, neat little symbolism to pick up on. Take a look at this.

JJDBqhol.jpg

Munakata is wielding a black and a white sword, with one eye opened, and the other shut in the same pattern as Monokuma's red eye.

I agree Tacos, Hajime is cute af and deserves love because I really felt his pain at a point in my life. And thank you for summing the episode up as well.

Juzo makes my heart hurt. Every time he tried to do something he thought was right he screwed it up. I have a feeling that Junko saw that potential in him and revealed and having the perfect radical variable to manipulate.

And if Tengan wanted Mitarai to use his talent he did it in a REALLY DUMB way. Like wtf. "I'll get him to spread brainwashing hope by MAKING ALL OF COLLEAGUES KILL EACHOTHER or whoops I'm dead too shit." I'm seriously was that the only way? Junko made him make a video by giving him food and holding a knife to his face but apparently your talentless ass needs to kills 13 people to get him to do shit good job.

Also I'm an idiot because it took me this long to realize that Naegi's NG code could've been a reference to Ishimaru's constant warnings of running in the hallway. The Moral Compass lives on!

I'll give you a breakdown of what happened/we learned about each character this episode.

Tengan - Tengan entrusted his hope to Mitarai, using this killing game as a way to force his hand into broadcasting his hope video to the world. Neither he nor Mitarai are aware of the repercussions of doing so. Tengan did not intend for Mitarai to participate in this killing game. To make sure it still continued until Mitarai would be effectively forced to share his video, he made sure that Mitarai's NG code was to make use of his talent, which includes showing people his hope brainwash video.

Mitarai - Mitarai is incredibly resentful of the fact that he has never done anything good for the side of hope and has only contributed to despair. This anger has boiled up inside of him, and now that he has his chance to spread hope. He wants to ensure that no one can stop him, and that he gets his moment to shine. To accomplish this, he broadcasts this brainwash hope video to all the soldiers entering the site of the killing game and to Asahina in order to prevent Naegi and Munakata from interfering. He truly believes that what he is doing is right though, being completely unaware of the fact that brainwashing to bring hope is just as malevolent as brainwashing for despair.

Asahina - Home girl got the short end of the stick once again. Got brainwashed by Mitarai to restrain Naegi until she was brought to her senses. Not even a few minutes later she gets shot in the leg and begs Naegi to go stop Mitarai while she's left bleeding.

Munakata - My dude saved Naegi and Asahina before they were almost killed, and goes on to create a diversion to stop the soldiers from getting to Naegi and Asahina.

Naegi - Dude's gotta do what Naegi does best, be our protagonist. He's trying his best to get to Mitarai to talk some sense into him and stop him from what he's doing. Gets cornered by soldiers.

Hagakure - Yes, you heard me. He did something. He dove in front of Naegi without any shots being fired and immediately surrendered, and created a diversion for...

Togami - Mr. Affluence appears with his secret service dudes and smacks the shit out of the soldiers attacking Naegi.

Chisa - Girl is chilling in the afterlife theater watching this all go down. She's in her normal mindset here, and tells Junko after her speech that hope is just about to begin.

Junko - Shows up to explain how Chisa lead Munakata down this radical path to eliminate despair and was responsible for the divide between Tengan and Munakata as a result. She also summarizes Tengan's reasoning for starting the killing game.

Komaru and Toko and Monaca - girls got brainwashed from Mitarai's broadcast

Hajizuru - My dude killed a bunch of people and we saw his silhouette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juzo - unintentionally fucked it all up by disabling the wristbands whoops

I am truly curious what Chisa is thinking when she's with Junko lol. I wonder if she's all for hope now that she's dead or still despairy. I feel bad for Juzo because yeah freeing Ryota from his bracelet screwed things up sadly. Tengan confuses me if I'm being honest or maybe I didn't understand but if Tengan made the NGs and he wanted Mitarai to use the hope video then why prevent him from doing so by the NG code. That could have prevented a lot of deaths I'm sure once Mitarai saw a couple of people dying, he would have took action with the video I'm sure. Junko is so pretty OMG.

wasn't the mastermind the chief. The person munakata killed when they fell

Yes he was.

I am truly curious what Chisa is thinking when she's with Junko lol. I wonder if she's all for hope now that she's dead or still despairy. I feel bad for Juzo because yeah freeing Ryota from his bracelet screwed things up sadly. Tengan confuses me if I'm being honest or maybe I didn't understand but if Tengan made the NGs and he wanted Mitarai to use the hope video then why prevent him from doing so by the NG code. That could have prevented a lot of deaths I'm sure once Mitarai saw a couple of people dying, he would have took action with the video I'm sure. Junko is so pretty OMG.

Yes he was.

My thoughts are basically that the theater is representative of the afterlife, and that both Junko and Chisa are their true selves in there. Junko is obviously the same person as she's always been, while Chisa has reverted to her normal personality.

The reason he made Ryota's NG code using his talent was to get that build-up from him. Had he been able to use it there, he would have only used it on FF members and then let it be most likely. But by being forced to watch his acquaintances "kill each other" while he could do nothing, it boiled over into the climax that we have currently, which I'm certain is what Tengan intended to happen.

My thoughts are basically that the theater is representative of the afterlife, and that both Junko and Chisa are their true selves in there. Junko is obviously the same person as she's always been, while Chisa has reverted to her normal personality.

Makes sense since Junko mentioned it doesnt matter since they were both dead but if Chisa is her true self, she's much quieter and solemn now compared to back with her students in the despair arc so that bothers me that maybe she's not really her true self. Junko is fabulous and despite being evil, I love her. ;)

Bruh Tacos. That Hajime sig lookin clean. Teach me your ways so I can rep my girl Hina :(.

Back on topic though. Yeah, it seems like Juzo's efforts were wasted. Well, not completely, but in the end it gave Ryota the freedom he needed. I think Ryota will come to his senses. Naegi is pretty good at giving people hope. I have complete faith in him to talk some sense into Ryota. The only thing I'm really worried about is the people already brainwashed, and of course Hina. Then again I'm always worried about her because she's my favorite. Hope arc is gonna be great though. I can't wait.

• Support Squad

can we just take a step back to lok at how hina was fine and unbrainwashed after what presumably a snack to the head

so yeah, Ryota is just fuckin' on the other end of the spectrum now and the philosophy will probably end with "hope and despair need each other, it's a yin yang dealioso"

Technically it all begins with Ryota's videos, so it would be poetic justice if he ends up dying trying to broadcast a third video aimed just to undo the effects of the others. Also, give Juzo a break. He didn't know about Mitarai's NG code. At least now Hina can take a hit, and Munakata open the bathroom door. He's probably going to die after this, but w/e, he served his purpose.

Chisa and Junko casually watching the events from the afterlife, yet the other dead are not present.

Also Hajime still killing people that rush at him.

It's like a twisted, dark, in-universe joke that Juzo ends up screwing up everything without meaning to all the time. It's like watching a car desperately trying to leave a parking lot as cleanly as possible but it keeps hiting other cars over and over and over.

Also, this episode did a good job at portraying in Mitarai how bad it can be when you feel weak and think you can't do anything right, specialy when you have someone with so much strenght of character as Makoto that you can't help but compare yourself with and feel even more like shit. I've been there myself, even if i don't suffer from that problem anymore; you try to desperately compensate by trying to do something right or prove yourself you're not weak, so i feel like Mitarai's reaction is surprisingly realistic.

He finally found a way he believes will benefit the side of Hope, and since he's been useless or even harmful till now, he is going to stand by his decision till he realises the irony in his actions. We just entered a LoTR parallel, as brainwashing videos cannot be used for good. The brainwashing only serves one master; despair. Mitarai is creating his own type of dispair, by labeling it 'hope'.

I'd like some help understanding his thinking process. Mitarai was the first to witness the results of a successful brainwashing in Mikan. He was still unaware of Junko's final objective by that point, which should have shown him that using any medium to brainwash people leads to madness, unless when the 'subject' is directly controlled by their 'master'. He had established that. Back when he was drafting his 'hope anime', he used techniques to inspire people, not force certain thoughts and ideals into them. Before Junko used his technology for her own purposes, he was ignorant of this potential, as he seemed shocked they could have been used in such a way. In terms of character development I deduce two possible scenarios from that point on: He either pretty much liked the idea of brainwashing, but he's just going to use it for his own benefit, or he is still naive and thinks this is the way to liberate people from despair. Either case, it's going to take more than a pep-talk from Makoto before he... changes his mind.

@Tacos, I meant that people everywhere are bashing at Juzo and even here he first became the meme of the "local man who destroys everything". He is even seen blaming himself, as if the writers of the show really want us to hate him.

Using a brainwashing video to erase hope isn't the ideal the future foundation wanted. its what tengan wanted. The fact that ryota is blinded by what he did in the past is blocking his logical thinking in the present situation. People who are brainwashed to erase all sense of thinking are just zombies. What hes doing may be able to stop despair, but its no different that what Junko did to brainwash chisa and her class to spread despair in the beginning.

Ah, this reminds me of a philosophical discussion about free will and whether or not humans have it.

Assuming they do, each person has the capacity to fall into despair and cause major disrupt and spread their despair. Maybe Tengan thought that removing a person's free will would make them incapable of despair, however in turn incapable of hope.

Let's forget about Juzo for a second. Ok what the fuck Tengan. You create a killing game (with yourself in it) designed to gruesomely have your colleagues murder one another to induce a sense of urgency and duty into Ryota so he could make a brainwashing video that made people zombies. That's like, making a functioning TV remote with paperclips and gum that took 18 hours to make instead of getting off your ass clicking the button that's on the TV screen. Or just say "Hey, I know you fucked up in the past but you can fix it my making everyone zombies. So if you could have that video on my desk my Thursday that'd be greeeeeaaaat."

I'm sorry I just don't understand why a third killing game was necessary to do something so simple. If Ryota was the key all along why sacrifice everyone else?

because ryota was still too scared to put up the video. He needed courage in order to broadcast but he couldn't from what he did. That's why tengan created the game. If everyone but him died (from the suicide video) he would then find out that tengan made it. in the video tengan wanted ryota to think that he was a remnant because he forgave ryota for what he did before. It was supposed to give him the force to broadcast the video. Tengan probably thought that despair and hope come from a persons free will in their heart. Take away that will and despair wont be created (same thing for hope)

Can we talk about how much physical contact Naegi has had with Hina during this whole ordeal? Maybe he really is the Ultimate Lucky Student afterall.

MAKOTOXHINA. I ship it ;) XD

Reading all the posts I missed, you all have very insightful thinking about the situation with Tengan and Ryota so great job :)