Danganronpa 3 Chats and stuffs

Felicity

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've often thought of Hagakure's talent. Would his future sight and Junko's analytical ability have any relation with each other? Either way I hate that it seems he never gets to use it. I mean although he appears to be the Jar-jar of the Dangan series he IS the Ultimate Shaman and wasn't chosen for any small reason.

I just want him to have some character development, I hate throw-away characters.

I'm sorry I just don't understand why a third killing game was necessary to do something so simple.

One could look at the NG codes and make a wild guess that Tengan wanted to indirectly cleanse the Future Foundation from all those he deemed unworthy or incapable to understand and accept his way of doing things. By making himself a player, he removes part of the suspicion, however not everyone was at the same risk of dying. Ryota is being forced not to use his talent, unless it's an altruistic act of what he considers to be the way to bring back hope, while others constantly risk their lives. Some people had it much better than others.

Put 15 people into a room, and inform them that one of them may kill the others one at a time, every night. Certainly, acts of violence are bound to happen, due to mistrust and certain people's character. Lock a master boxer, a wrestler, a swordsmaster, a ninja blacksmith and a pharmacist on steroids together, and expect them not to maul each other but drink tea (sarcasm). When you give someone a code like "Don't witness acts of violence", "Don't get hit by a kick or punch" or even worse "Don't open your left hand" you are effectively dooming them. Asahina was hit several times during the series, but was lucky enough not to be specifically punched (even if hit by Juzo's metal pole, and Seiko's backhand). It's not evident, but it hints that Tengan wanted those individuals gone, and perhaps with this game, he thought he would have an easier time convincing the remaining people that his way of doing things is the most effective one.

its not that he wanted certain people gone. He wanted everyone gone (including himself). The goal of the killing game was for everyone to die so that ryota would gain courage and use the hope video. He wasn't even supposed to be there before it began so tengan had to make sure that ryota would survive. The other goal was to get rid of makoto. People would have no choice on which hope to build on when the ultimate hope is dead

Edited by Jmanultrax1

So we get the hope episode tomorrow, right? It should be safe to assume that we'll finally get to see the jabberwock remnants since we got a glance of Izuru/Hajime. I'm thinking they'll help clean up the brainwashed soldiers while Makoto gives Ryota the hope speech. Ryota isn't a psycho so I think he'll be swayed to Makoto's side. I also think we'll see the return of Kyoko. Since the mastermind was actually dead I'm pretty sure that means she's still alive. Though, I forgot to look at the counter last episode so correct me if it changed from episode 11. I think Hina will be okay, she's conked out but her wound isn't fatal and the soldiers were told to use any means necessary to people that get in their way. And seeing as Hina is not awake atm it's safe to say she won't be getting in anyone's way. She's safe. MY HOPE WILL PROTECT THIS SWEET GIRL!! Idk people may be expecting some heartbreak but I think this episode will be a feel good one that brings us all some hope after all the despair we felt.

• Developers

So we get the hope episode tomorrow, right? It should be safe to assume that we'll finally get to see the jabberwock remnants since we got a glance of Izuru/Hajime. I'm thinking they'll help clean up the brainwashed soldiers while Makoto gives Ryota the hope speech. Ryota isn't a psycho so I think he'll be swayed to Makoto's side. I also think we'll see the return of Kyoko. Since the mastermind was actually dead I'm pretty sure that means she's still alive. Though, I forgot to look at the counter last episode so correct me if it changed from episode 11. I think Hina will be okay, she's conked out but her wound isn't fatal and the soldiers were told to use any means necessary to people that get in their way. And seeing as Hina is not awake atm it's safe to say she won't be getting in anyone's way. She's safe. MY HOPE WILL PROTECT THIS SWEET GIRL!! Idk people may be expecting some heartbreak but I think this episode will be a feel good one that brings us all some hope after all the despair we felt.

I think we're only going to see Izuru/Hajime. Kodaka has stated that the characters of SDR2 would not have an after story or something to that effect. :c.

Well I guess it makes sense. It's not like they're needed since Izuru is a one man army with every talent anyway. I don't care what happens as long as my baby Hina is safe in the end. I still expect a positive result in the end. It's gotta be called the hope arc for a reason!

• Support Squad

I think we're only going to see Izuru/Hajime. Kodaka has stated that the characters of SDR2 would not have an after story or something to that effect. :c.

IF THEY DON'T WRAP UP THE REMNANTS I AM GOING TO BE SNAPPING FINGERS AND CUTTING OFF SOME EYELIDS I SWEAR TO GAWD

I just finished all of the currently released episodes, both Future and Despair Arcs.

I always knew there's something fishy about Mitarai. But at least he's not completely despair despite suffering from so much of it.

Can't wait for tomorrow then if the Hope Arc would be released so soon.~

So I spoiled myself a little on Hope arc, so do not read what's in the spoiler tag if you want to wait for the episode.

KOMAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MEETS NAEGI AND NOT JUST THAT APPARENTLY EVERYONE IN DR2 SHOWS UP LIKE I THOUGHT!!! HINA LIVES, KYOKO LIVES, EVERYONE LIVES!! Seriously, I remember saying that Monoca would be wrong and that Naegi wouldn't get anyone killed. It seems that my hope truly shined through as Kyoko came through. Albeit there was some doubt! Can't wait to watch this bad boy for myself.

Edit: and an anime with Komaeda as the main character next year? Sign me the FUCK up!!

HOLY SHIT I KNEW IT HE'S HALF HAJIME HALF IZURU

also I'm super happy Makoto wasn't the one to solve the problem this time around

So I guess technically Kizakura did end up saving Kyoko. She only "died" by her NG poisoning rather than falling to her death, so Mikan was able to revive her.

Trolling Kodaka again sigh...

But to be honest, I'm glad he trolled because it made the surprise that much more amazing and heartwarming (for me at least).

If I don't see Super High School Level Eyepatch tomorrow I'm suing

So how much you planning to get? ;)

Well, DR 3 lovers, love this or not, this is happening:

https://myanimelist.net/news/47959619

I'm a fan especially for more information such as how Nagito and others awoke from the coma is greatly appreciated but having to wait so long for the answer sucks lol. Thanks for posting this because I would have never known about this if you didn't. :)

So I spoiled myself a little on Hope arc, so do not read what's in the spoiler tag if you want to wait for the episode.

KOMAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MEETS NAEGI AND NOT JUST THAT APPARENTLY EVERYONE IN DR2 SHOWS UP LIKE I THOUGHT!!! HINA LIVES, KYOKO LIVES, EVERYONE LIVES!! Seriously, I remember saying that Monoca would be wrong and that Naegi wouldn't get anyone killed. It seems that my hope truly shined through as Kyoko came through. Albeit there was some doubt! Can't wait to watch this bad boy for myself.

Edit: and an anime with Komaeda as the main character next year? Sign me the FUCK up!!

YES and it was the total fanboy moment lol. YES to everyone showing up because it was so sweet to see everyone including glimpses of chiaki there. :) YES TO MY BAE KYOKO (sexy at the end much in those red clothes when talking to Makoto) LIVING AND MIKAN you are better in my book for reviving her. Credit must go to Seiko who actually managed to save someone despite not knowing why her medicine wasn't working but WAIT didn't she try to use it on Bandai at the very beginning so why didn't he live if it slows the poisoning of the NG down. Naegi ALMOST got someone killed though if Mikan wasn't awoken soon enough. My hope for my BAE wasn't always there because I knew when Monaca said Makoto would get someone killed, it would be Kyoko but hoped she could still be alive and THANK GOD she is. :D

Heck yeah to this anime even though it's only 1 episode long apparently :( Also it's coming with the new game so how will it end up on the internet for non-game purchasers?

Is Seiko or Mikan involved in Kyoko's survival?

BOTH!

HOLY SHIT I KNEW IT HE'S HALF HAJIME HALF IZURU

also I'm super happy Makoto wasn't the one to solve the problem this time around

So I guess technically Kizakura did end up saving Kyoko. She only "died" by her NG poisoning rather than falling to her death, so Mikan was able to revive her.

I'll admit that was pretty badass to see the hajime hope filled golden eye and the izuru's red eye together. I am happy as well considering Makoto already did enough by saving the Remnants of Despair back then through DR2's events and for defeating the cause of the Remnants being Junko in a tough battle. :) Junko is an idiot for killing herself back then though. Yeah I guess he technically did so props to him and props to Seiko and Mikan for saving my BAE.

Okay now that I've replied to all quotes I wanted to, time for my personal thoughts on the episode.

Did Komaeda kill those brainwashed people with the landslide by kicking the stone which made a chain reaction? Didn't get a good look so just guessing. It was so nice and heartwarming to see all of them awake (I was surprised they were able to wake but I'm thrilled they did) and especially helping and supporting Ryota especially the imposter guy. They all left together on the boat for who knows where. Probably to make amends.

So happy Aoi didn't die from the shot to her leg but you have to think. This ultimate swimmer survived 2 killing games same with Kyoko (almost didn't YIKES but YEAH AND PROPS to MIKAN (you raised somewhat in my book but you did still lead Chiaki to her death sigh...) AND SEIKO (I'm so happy for you that you were able to save someone with your talents in this killing game :))) and Makoto (main character so not going to die) but HOW lol. I ship Makoto with either Aoi or Kyoko considering both like him and did things to save him through the killing game.

I'm sad to see this part of the series end though. No more Makoto, Kyoko, Munakata, Aoi. Hajime, etc. It's so saddening because DR1 and 2 were amazing and then they upped the quality with the DR3 anime which easily gets 8.5-10/10 from me. :,( IT'S OVER!

I am also partly happy because with this ending, I now have the world for my RP confirmed and I can get to work on creating the RP. Hope to see some of you in it. :D Have a great day/night and I'll be watching this thread over time to see what people's thoughts on this are. Props to whoever is waiting for dub (I know someone). You still have a month and a half at least before you're caught up unfortunately.

Edited by pbood2

Wonderful ending overall, but bittersweet in retrospect. It kinda sucks to be parting ways with the Hope's Peak arc, but I guess there wasn't much story left to tell.

It was so nice to see all of the DR2 cast awake again! Heart-touching moments all around when they were on-screen. Kinda sucks they had to take the fall, but at least there's a very probable chance that they get to live out on Jabberwock Island in peace, make amends for what they did, etc. But seeing them again made me think how it sucks that the 78th class lost so many of their classmates while the 77th class got a little bit of a cop-out with the open ended "they might wake up, they might not" bit.

Also none of the 78th class who took part in both killing games died. Kind of a "really?" moment when we saw Kirigiri alive (felt like they didn't want to kill off the possibly most popular character of the series), but I guess I'm happy about it. The series gets a solid 7/10 from me overall.

I seem to share similar sentiments to a lot of you. I do enjoy a happy ending, of course, with all the characters we have come to know and love being able to quite literally sail off into the sunset, but it did feel like a cop out. It didn't really feel like Danganronpa to me, tbh, with the distinctive dark taint where people you have come to love and appreciate being casualties of the fighting.

Also, I felt it was really obvious that they were lying about the final fate of the Remnants of Despair remaining nebulous, like, the moment they said it. There was simply no way they would leave something as important as that untold.

I thought it was neat where Ryota was the final barrier that needed to be overcome, but you know what would have been even more cooler? If he actually followed through on the ideas he was so bent on spreading last episode, where he, the puny Ultimate Animator, tired of backing down, running away, and being beaten by those he viewed as stronger or more worthy, still tried to defend what he believed was the correct way to do things against peer pressure from the 77th Class, utilizing his copy of his "Hope" anime on his phone to systematically temporarily control different members of the 77th class and fighting against them with everything that he had. I understand that Ryota was emotional from seeing the 77th class in front of him, almost like Frankenstein meeting his monster face-to-face, but he still should have stood his ground and fought. Last episode, Ryota was ready to have Makoto and Hina, who had been collaborating with him to keep each other alive, straight up eliminated just to realize his vision of the world. In this episode, that Ryota is nowhere to be found. It's kinda sad, in all honesty. Ryota started as a weak guy who wanted to do good through his anime, and once he produced the courage to actually do what he believed as being "good," he instantly gives into peer pressure and decides that the vision that he has been attempting to realize since high school is the wrong way.

...but that's just my two-cents on the matter.