Danganronpa 3 Chats and stuffs

Felicity

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Saionji was an evil little thing but Mikan lost all of my sympathy with Mioda. Why?! She was cool to everyone and awesome. I hate it when characters have a really sad backstory but their actions make me hate them.

So now that we know that they were suicides, I'm still wondering why Ruruka's was so brutal. Is Chisa being the mastermind confirmed yet? No way she'd just be like "Time to die for the sake of Munakata going batshit crazy. IIII'M GONNA SWIIIIING FROM THE CHANDELIEEEEER"

Edited by Bluewolf

on the plus side, i'm happy there's a certainly gay character in the franchise, but at the same time i'm like why did it have to be someone as unlikable as juzo :[[[

juzo sucks. although i can definitely relate to and understand how someone threatening to reveal their sexuality can be terrifying when you're still hiding it, so i almost feel bad for him.

at the same time he had the choice between stopping a highly dangerous criminal or coming out of the closet and he chose to let junko go free so there goes my small smidget of sympathy.

i'm also not too keen on the heavy use of brainwashing for everything, but oh well, doesn't bother me that much.

To be honest, I am definitely leaning towards there being no true attacker, as it seems far more likely that all the attacker killings so far have been suicides . Yes, you read that correctly. I had the idea cooking in my skull for a while, but it turns out I'm not alone. Take a look at this very logical breakdown on reddit by a like minded person who I appreciate for writing all of this:

https://m.reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/51e1tw/dr3_all_spoilers_a_detailed_evidencebased/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=false

^so that was two weeks ago

also, I personally thing Juzo was an okay enough guy. Like, he did some morally dubious stuff like giving Hajime the final push to become Izuru, but his intentions were pure and he sacrificed a lot just to try to do his best.

Plus, that guy took way more punishment than I thought he could. He's still in second for the series after Chiaki last week ignoring Junko's strange multiple executions at the end of the first game, but damn, Juzo was impaled by a spear made by the Ultimate Blacksmith, which he shrugged off, resisted mind controlling sweets, survived being stabbed in the gut by the Danganronpa equivalent of a lightsaber hurts like a banshee, but still cauterizes the wound, proceeds to chop his own arm off to remove his wristband, and then he tracks down Makoto through the entire building and still has enough strength left to pin him to the wall. After which, he goes all the way back to the "secret exit" and turns off all the power by himself, after which he finally succumbs to his wounds. His first wound came from Izayoi's trap, in Episode 8. Juzo has been bleeding for the passed three episodes (four, if you count Episode 8 itself,) and only just died. Say what you will about Juzo, but damn can he endure.

Yeah, I honestly think Juzo was a pretty great character. He never had any bad intentions, and he sure as hell stuck through a lot in this series. My boy died with a smile on his face. He couldn't be with Munakata but he could ensure his safety.

I sort of speculated that there had to be a reason on why juzo was so dedicated to munakata. He would just listen to and obey without question. So originally I thought that munakata had helped him in the past when he was trouble and that juzo would repay him by doing everything munakata wanted. But by them revealing that juzo was gay, it explains everything right to the end.

First off TACOS THAT IS AMAZING MY DAY IS NOW BETTER THANK YOU.

The whole hypnosis thing is very weird. I wonder what prompted the mastermind to kill certain people in a certain times. Maybe Gozu first because he was the only one who could 1v1 Munakata, then Seiko because no one needs a pill-poppin behemoth on the loose breaking down walls, then Ruruka cuz screw her. Hm, idk.

Yoooooo Juzo really went out like a hero. I knew he wouldn't die from that stab wound!! It's a shame he's really dead now, but he went out in a really good and non gruesome way. He also did something that I was thinking about before. He cut his arm off to get rid of the bracelet. Like, why hadn't anyone else tried that? Ruruka for example wouldn't have had to kill her boyfriend if she just hacked her arm off. She's in a killing game anyway. I'd rather lose an arm than my life. Props to Juzo for not taking that shit though, and may he rest in peace. I wish he got to confess to Munakata before he died. It's a real shame. I wonder what that message to Ryota was? It seems he was working with whoever set the game up. I'm gonna make a somewhat stretch of a guess and say that Komaeda is the mastermind of this game. If it's not him it's definitely Chisa. But Komaeda would be better imo.

I need to stop lurking reddit during class cause I keep spoiling myself and yikes I got really happy and really sad real quick.

But it's confirmed now, the deaths were suicides induced by the monitors.

Yep and I had a feeling it was that when people before kept mentioning the prevalence of the monitors all over and always around the killed people. Seiko slamming herself into the wall was tough to see.

Yeah Saionji was an evil little thing but Mikan lost all of my sympathy with Mioda. Why?! She was cool to everyone and awesome. I hate it when characters have a really sad backstory but their actions make me hate them.

So now that we know that they were suicides, I'm still wondering why Ruruka's was so brutal. Is Chisa being the mastermind confirmed yet? No way she'd just be like "Time to die for the sake of Munakata going batshit crazy. IIII'M GONNA SWIIIIING FROM THE CHANDELIEEEEER"

Yep Mikan is an ugh character imo. For why ruruka's was so brutal, I'm guessing seiko and izayoi appeared to her brainwashed state and she felt immense regret and despair meaning she wanted to make herself pay for what she caused to happen. LMAO that swinging from the chandelier thing made me laugh but if she wanted to kill herself why is Chisa shown crying while hanging from the chandelier hmmm...

I've yet to watch it either, but from what I've gathered, the monitors brainwashed them and the knives were hidden inside the monitors

Yep.

^so that was two weeks ago

also, I personally thing Juzo was an okay enough guy. Like, he did some morally dubious stuff like giving Hajime the final push to become Izuru, but his intentions were pure and he sacrificed a lot just to try to do his best.

Plus, that guy took way more punishment than I thought he could. He's still in second for the series after Chiaki last week ignoring Junko's strange multiple executions at the end of the first game, but damn, Juzo was impaled by a spear made by the Ultimate Blacksmith, which he shrugged off, resisted mind controlling sweets, survived being stabbed in the gut by the Danganronpa equivalent of a lightsaber hurts like a banshee, but still cauterizes the wound, proceeds to chop his own arm off to remove his wristband, and then he tracks down Makoto through the entire building and still has enough strength left to pin him to the wall. After which, he goes all the way back to the "secret exit" and turns off all the power by himself, after which he finally succumbs to his wounds. His first wound came from Izayoi's trap, in Episode 8. Juzo has been bleeding for the passed three episodes (four, if you count Episode 8 itself,) and only just died. Say what you will about Juzo, but damn can he endure.

GG on guessing it right and same to the reddit guy for his amazing theory and thorough explanation why it was that. I give props :) Also damn you're right about Juzo's endurance before dying, it was ridiculously long lol.

First off TACOS THAT IS AMAZING MY DAY IS NOW BETTER THANK YOU.

The whole hypnosis thing is very weird. I wonder what prompted the mastermind to kill certain people in a certain times. Maybe Gozu first because he was the only one who could 1v1 Munakata, then Seiko because no one needs a pill-poppin behemoth on the loose breaking down walls, then Ruruka cuz screw her. Hm, idk.

Proximity to the monitor. Whoever was closest got the brainwashing and knife to suicide. Simple as that. XD

Yoooooo Juzo really went out like a hero. I knew he wouldn't die from that stab wound!! It's a shame he's really dead now, but he went out in a really good and non gruesome way. He also did something that I was thinking about before. He cut his arm off to get rid of the bracelet. Like, why hadn't anyone else tried that? Ruruka for example wouldn't have had to kill her boyfriend if she just hacked her arm off. She's in a killing game anyway. I'd rather lose an arm than my life. Props to Juzo for not taking that shit though, and may he rest in peace. I wish he got to confess to Munakata before he died. It's a real shame. I wonder what that message to Ryota was? It seems he was working with whoever set the game up. I'm gonna make a somewhat stretch of a guess and say that Komaeda is the mastermind of this game. If it's not him it's definitely Chisa. But Komaeda would be better imo.

He really did and I was surprised to see you guys were right that Juzo wasn't dead but it does explain the 6 survivors count at the beginning of last episode so cool. Are you kidding me? Ruruka would never had done that even if her life depended on cutting her hand and wrist off. I wish he confessed too and the message to Ryota was by Tengan (He's revealed to be a Despair member btw) and Tengan started the game apparently. You think you know someone lol. GG Juzo because he saved Makoto's butt so much despite Aoi and Ryota tying his up to experiment with the monitors sigh... I must give props to Munakata for being wise to Chisa being Despair all the way back when they were investigating Junko but then why didn't he stop her hmmm...

Also one more episode left for future arc :( It has been so amazing to watch them though.

Edited by Tacos
Yikes gotta fix that broken formatting

Literally all signs are pointing to Tengan or someone associated with him at this point. His knowledge of everyone being the attacker, the ability to install the monitors, and the fact that Ryota received a message from Tengan, it all seems to insinuate that he's the mastermind.

Well, knowing this series, I would be surprised if Tengan was actually the one who set it all up. Just because they love their feints and making you think that you've got it when you're not actually anywhere close, especially close to the end game. Like the whole Mukuro/Junko situation from DR1, Chapter 6 of DR2, the entirety of the game after the Monaca fight in Ultra Despair Girls. If I were you, I wouldn't settle on that explanation just yet. I feel like Chiaki or Kyoko over here with the whole "Let's not vote until we know all the facts" angle.

LOCAL MAN DOES SOMETHING RIGHT FOR ONCE

Turns out I was wrong, the extra survivor really was Juzo. Well, I guess this means that Schrodinger's Detective won't be pulling any resurrection tricks anymore. I did get something right, though, the game runs automatically and the mastermind does not need to be alive.

The 16th player is neither Chisa nor Tengan, since both are very obviously dead. Who could they be, then? I doubt it's just Hagakure, that'd be very boring. I still hope we learn who the 13th branch leader is, since there's no reason to establish that Asahina's there as a proxy if the real deal never gets introduced.

If tengan established the killing game by tampering with the monitors, then he might be the mastermind. Im guessing that he believed that juzo was despair alon with chisa whom he knew already. So he prepared the game to make sure that the brainwashing program didn't leave the building. it would explain why ryota got a message from tengan. he wanted to expose ryota for his involvement with junko. It really is hard to believe that tengan set up the game. but it would make sense on the attackers if he knew the outcome of whoever watched the video

Honestly when the end song played while Munakata was running to Juzo, I thought that was pretty neat and I cried a little bit because damn I just wanted Juzo to be able to tell him.

Also we have one episode left of future, which means something has to happen with the boat leaving Jabberwock.

Nice try, ep 11, but i still dislike juzo. >>"

maybe it's something about his specific character flaws that tick me off, that was pretty sad tho.

also kirigiri really is dead, gotta commend kodaka's efforts to save people from waifuism by killing off all best girls.

i didn't think naegi with swirly despair eyes would be so unsettling, but damn that was a sheer oxymoron.

i'm kinda hype for the possibility of seeing how the surviving cast of DR2 is doing too.

Well, I mean, Fuyuhiko won't be making out of this in one piece since he already lost an eye to replace it with one of Junko's. Sorry Tacos.

Also, this next Mirai-hen episode will likely not involve Jabberwock Island, since we have 1 more episode of each and end a conclusive episode that ties the two halves together in the place of next week's Zetsubou-hen, which is why there's only one more episode there. The conclusive tie in would be the most likely point for the events o Jackerwock Island to play out to close the saga of the Remnants of Despair and those who sought to destroy them at any cost.

• Support Squad

Juzo wasn't really redeemed for me. He made some stupid ass decisions all throughout this series and last ep was cool but not enough, especially when the immediate action after was to go to his death instead of saying "hey, you can go and do this to stop this shit" then resting and maybe living. Even in the end, he didn't actually do anything different. His solution to every single problem has been violence, one way or another.