Danganronpa 3 Chats and stuffs

Felicity

I find it really funny that he was jealous that Makoto defeated Junko, while he couldn't and he wanted to kill him for it. So as soon as munakata wanted to kill makato and wanted him dead, Juzo jumped right on in because of his feelings of betraying munakata

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juzo was a great character. I think people underestimate the blackmail Junko used. People experience this all the time. You get in a heated situation and you tend to not think as rationally and then after the fact all these different choices flow into your brain space. It was the same for him. He was afraid, and at that moment she had him broken. He can't be faulted for that. Sure he was Violence McTiddies, but dude had a ton of guilt harbored in his manly chest area as well as jealously for Makoto doing what he failed to do. He loved Munakata very strongly and did everything he asked without question as a result. He failed him once, and has a shit ton of mixed emotions over it eating him up inside. "I should have just told Munakata. Maybe he would have felt the same about me and Junko would have been stopped." "All this blood is on my hands because I was too weak to tell the person I love how I felt back then." There's also his pride as a boxer being shit on when he got man handled by Junko too. He didn't want to betray his love again, and in the end he mustered all the strength he had left to save him(and by association saving the others) before finally succumbing to several wounds. He's without a doubt one of the best developed characters in Future arc, and maybe even in the series. The most tragic thing of all is he still didn't get his confession. That's just really sad.

I too think people are definitely getting a disconnect when they think of Juzo's motives. I'm a little more biased because in a way I can relate (bi and still haven't come out).

Just think about it: You're this big muscled guy who's a champ in one of the world's most manliest sports. You don't want ANYTHING to make it seems as if you're less than a man. Honestly I don't think I have to tell Reborn about all this but still, I think Juzo would actually have become a despair is Kyosuke didn't reciprocate his love and everyone laughed at him. I was angry at him at first but after his recent actions I have some major empathy for him and I'm glad he went out doing the right thing.

I really need to know wtf is up with Tengan. How did he not die from the jugular shit? Gj snuffin out Chisa but wtf? Did you not like ANYBODY? You fuckin killed Gozu and that wasn't cool man.

But that despair nightmare though. I enjoy that Mondo is still butter and Celestia is simply on fire. (honestly I still don't get the butter thing. I know it's Japanese nursery rhyme reference or something but come on, physics anyone?!)

LOCAL MAN DOES SOMETHING RIGHT FOR ONCE

Turns out I was wrong, the extra survivor really was Juzo. Well, I guess this means that Schrodinger's Detective won't be pulling any resurrection tricks anymore. I did get something right, though, the game runs automatically and the mastermind does not need to be alive.

The 16th player is neither Chisa nor Tengan, since both are very obviously dead. Who could they be, then? I doubt it's just Hagakure, that'd be very boring. I still hope we learn who the 13th branch leader is, since there's no reason to establish that Asahina's there as a proxy if the real deal never gets introduced.

I really do think the 16th is Hagakure tbh though. They say on danganronpa wiki, Aoi, Makoto, Kyoko, hagakure and 12 other future foundation members take part so yeah hope for 16th hidden one is low for me right now lol. I would love to see who the 13th branch leader is though because that might be significant now that the future foundation is in shambles badly.

Honestly when the end song played while Munakata was running to Juzo, I thought that was pretty neat and I cried a little bit because damn I just wanted Juzo to be able to tell him.

Also we have one episode left of future, which means something has to happen with the boat leaving Jabberwock.

I hope something happens with the boat and jabberwock but I think that's for the special that will be coming tbh.

Nice try, ep 11, but i still dislike juzo. >>"

maybe it's something about his specific character flaws that tick me off, that was pretty sad tho.

also kirigiri really is dead, gotta commend kodaka's efforts to save people from waifuism by killing off all best girls.

i didn't think naegi with swirly despair eyes would be so unsettling, but damn that was a sheer oxymoron.

i'm kinda hype for the possibility of seeing how the surviving cast of DR2 is doing too.

NO I REFUSE TO BELIEVE that a character as amazing as her (kyoko) dies in this stupid game AHHHHHHHHH. :( XO >:o

And yeah Makoto with despair eyes was creepy and tough to look at and the fact I was sure he would snap out of it being the ultimate hope but that didn't happen is even tougher. Makoto's hope was not as strong as his despair apparently. :(

Well, I mean, Fuyuhiko won't be making out of this in one piece since he already lost an eye to replace it with one of Junko's. Sorry Tacos.

Also, this next Mirai-hen episode will likely not involve Jabberwock Island, since we have 1 more episode of each and end a conclusive episode that ties the two halves together in the place of next week's Zetsubou-hen, which is why there's only one more episode there. The conclusive tie in would be the most likely point for the events o Jackerwock Island to play out to close the saga of the Remnants of Despair and those who sought to destroy them at any cost.

I agree that the next most likely won't have remnants or jabberwock but instead the special will like you are saying :)

• Support Squad

Personal issues vs the Apocalypse. She could have left at that moment then he could have gone to munakata, pointed to her ass the bad guy and say "she'll do anything to divide us and give in to despair.". If he had sat down after the fact and thought for even a little while he could have come up with any other solution.

The dude just doesn't change, his flaws are all still there and those flaws very literally caused the apocalypse and by extension the deaths of every character in this series. He tipped Hajime over the edge and he safeguarded Junko's secret, two key moments thaat fucked everone. In exchange, he died turning the power off when all anyone had to do was close their eyes during the attack time. Hell, the game was over when no one died during attack time, they were done. Dude died pointlessly.

It's hard to blame him. I mean, do you think Juzo really understood the magnitude of his actions at the time? He let a teenage girl run free in order to preserve the group dynamic between the only two people he cared about. The guy didn't know his little speech would make Hajime volunteer for the Izuru Kamakura project. He had no clue that letting Junko go would cause the apocalypse. Yeah, he knew she was a powerful opponent, but he had no clue of her capabilities. But by the time Future Arc began, he was aware of the significance of his actions and did his best to make amends. His one life will never equate to the value of all the lives lost. But his sacrifice saved four presumably innocent people who hold incredible importance in restoring hope. He did what he could.

• Support Squad

I'll grant that his actions in the past are only bad in hindsight but he only saved Naegi, after spending the whole series trying to murder him I'll remind you. The other three were safe no matter what considering the hypothesis they had about the monitors. If Naegi had died they'd know that the monitors are bad and not to look, simple as anything. Then he died pointlessly at the end with the power, it was just dumb as hell.

He tried to kill Makoto for the exact reasons you say you hate him: he was indirectly responsible for all the shit that went down. With the Remnants being one of the greatest factors in it, he believed that Makoto was helping them, and thus wanted to kill him to fix it. Also, had he not gone to the power, not a single person would have known what to do. Yeah, no one died during that sleep cycle, but given the fact that the mastermind doesn't seem to be with them, they'd be running around like headless chickens trying to figure out how to get out.

• Support Squad

You do remember Juzo only acted on Munakata's orders right? He didn't have an internal debate as to whether he should take his own steps to solve his fuckups. Also, they're in no threat once they know about the monitors. All they had to do was explore a little, find the power and hey presto, same situation but Juzo is alive if wounded. He is, quite simply, a dumbass who had a semi-heroic moment brought about by a manipulative plot and who just so happens to be gay, an arbitrary fact that seems to have confusingly flipped 90% of people's opinions about him despite the fact he is still the same guy who almost everyone loved to hate at the start of the series. Except Quinn, I have to admit Quinn had that guys back from way early on.

Point is, I don't see him as redeemed in my eyes, 'tis an opinion.

You do remember Juzo only acted on Munakata's orders right? He didn't have an internal debate as to whether he should take his own steps to solve his fuckups. Also, they're in no threat once they know about the monitors. All they had to do was explore a little, find the power and hey presto, same situation but Juzo is alive if wounded. He is, quite simply, a dumbass who had a semi-heroic moment brought about by a manipulative plot and who just so happens to be gay, an arbitrary fact that seems to have confusingly flipped 90% of people's opinions about him despite the fact he is still the same guy who almost everyone loved to hate at the start of the series. Except Quinn, I have to admit Quinn had that guys back from way early on.

Point is, I don't see him as redeemed in my eyes, 'tis an opinion.

Yeah it's your opinion and that's great to have so good job. I just have to mention though that considering they were like Tacos said chickens running around with no head, I'm sure they, unless munakata figured out the power thing, would not figure it out and still be running around looking for an escape/power room. Therefore, Juzo spending his last breaths to go to the power room and figure it out and remember the power room was in the secret room izayoi found so there's no guarantee they would find it unless they checked EVERY room in the place. But also with his sacrifices, they are free from the bracelets and considering no one knew ryota's action, they could have accidentally activated it and killed him saddening Tacos and themselves lol. I'm not saying Juzo is redeemed from before with the Junko incident and the keeping it a secret though I understand why he did keep it a secret but saving the survivors was noble at least and he is more human now than ever before imo because he tried to right his wrongs and he didn't have to save Makoto tbh. Juzo would have still died from bloodloss no matter what, I would think.

People aren't changing their opinions just because he is gay. That's quite an accusation and that's not good.

• Support Squad

Not an accusation, an observation. Besides, they had the time to check every room and the bracelets came off because they won the game. They just had to survive without anyone dying during Attack time.

Not an accusation, an observation. Besides, they had the time to check every room and the bracelets came off because they won the game. They just had to survive without anyone dying during Attack time.

The bracelets came off right after Juzo pulled that last lever. I don't think saying that they popped off because they "won" the game is really accurate.

I feel like autumn i'm getting an upvote for like every post yikes

What sucks about the Danganronpa series is that no matter how flawed or fucked up the character is I can never bring myself to fully hate them (except you Junko, it's an anime and everyone's parents are dead stfu)

I hate Mondo for killing Chihiro (sweet computer baby blessed be thine) but some part of my resonates with feeling weak and the mental pain it causes. Poor little Leon did what he had to do out of self-defense because of Sayaka's desperation. Even everyone's favorite Ultimate Confectionery I can make an weensy bit of space in my heart for. Maybe I'm just over empathetic.

On second thought I can bring myself to dislike Hifumi and Celestia. Celestia was in it for the money (no one was buying that 'oh poor victimized me' shit) and Hifumi was just dumb. Funny but dumb.

But then again I think that's the point. Despair making people act and do things they normally wouldn't do. Or maybe the whole message is what people do under pressure and desperation show their true selves, and therefore the killing games are the pinnacle of human intimacy and it's core nature.

The bracelets came off right after Juzo pulled that last lever. I don't think saying that they popped off because they "won" the game is really accurate.

This is exactly what happened. For all we and the characters know, Monokuma never intended to let them stop playing even if no attacks happened during a sleepy time and thus a lie was told and Juzo actually did knock the bracelets off by knocking out the power of the monitors which I guess is connected to powering the bracelets?

Also as Pbood mentioned, Juzo was dead no matter what. He would have died from blood loss eventually. He decided to make the most of his final moments. He was one tough son of a bitch, but there's just no way he's living with that many severe wounds. As much as it pains me. :/

But yeah I've had his back since the start and he's always been my favorite. And while I can see how bad his actions have been, I understand why he did what he did and I don't really fault him for it. What counts in the end is that he tried to make up for it in his own way. That's certainly respectable imo.

What sucks about the Danganronpa series is that no matter how flawed or fucked up the character is I can never bring myself to fully hate them (except you Junko, it's an anime and everyone's parents are dead stfu)

I hate Mondo for killing Chihiro (sweet computer baby blessed be thine) but some part of my resonates with feeling weak and the mental pain it causes. Poor little Leon did what he had to do out of self-defense because of Sayaka's desperation. URRR Wrong. He could have stopped after she ran into the bathroom but like is illustrated through the end of the trial, Leon kept going because he saw an opportunity to graduate and thus went got his toolbox, opened the door and you know the rest sigh... Even everyone's favorite Ultimate Confectionery I can make an weensy bit of space in my heart for. Maybe I'm just over empathetic. No you're not. I also feel for Ruruka especially for the suicide. That was brutal. I can only imagine what she was going through during that despair time that she did that to herself and also she was most likely trying to fight the brainwashing by eating one of her own candies which sadly didn't work :(

On second thought I can bring myself to dislike Hifumi and Celestia. Celestia was in it for the money (no one was buying that 'oh poor victimized me' shit) and Hifumi was just dumb. Funny but dumb. I hate Hifumi too (such a moron throughout DR1) but I don't hate Celestia as much.

But then again I think that's the point. Despair making people act and do things they normally wouldn't do. Or maybe the whole message is what people do under pressure and desperation show their true selves, and therefore the killing games are the pinnacle of human intimacy and it's core nature. Absolutely when you have nowhere to go and hide, the real selves come out to play sadly in order to survive such is shown through the student council killing game.

I'm just going to say if Tengan is still alive, he's apparently one tough son of a beep too because a jugular cut, lost so much blood and still lives. what the heck is wrong with him that he can live that lol? I'm pretty sure I never outright hated Juzo and everytime I watched him I was curious about what he would do. At the beginning and through it, I figured Juzo was Munakata's friend and just trying to help him survive through the game but his loyalty was impressive. :)

Yeah on the wiki, it currently says Juzo died a little after the game ended but do we for a fact know the game is done? The objective to fully win is to lynch the traitor which if it is Tengan and he's still alive, is not completed and thus the game is still on till they kill him. What do you guys think?

Edited by pbood2

To be honest I liked Juzo because he was pretty damn attractive at first. My opinions shook when I saw that he was the inspiration for Hajime to go through the with the Izuru Kamakura project. But as soon as they started revealing how much of an outsider he was in his own group and they were dropping hints about him loving Kyosuke, I hopped back on the Juzo fan train. Though Ryota is still my favorite.

Also edit your post next time Pbood. If that was a double, I'd be merging your post, but there'd be a warning slapped on there too.

To be honest I liked Juzo because he was pretty damn attractive at first. My opinions shook when I saw that he was the inspiration for Hajime to go through the with the Izuru Kamakura project. But as soon as they started revealing how much of an outsider he was in his own group and they were dropping hints about him loving Kyosuke, I hopped back on the Juzo fan train. Though Ryota is still my favorite.

Also edit your post next time Pbood. If that was a double, I'd be merging your post, but there'd be a warning slapped on there too.

I know I know. I would have just copied and pasted the quote reply into the other post about bracelets but then formatting issues (which I don't know how to avoid btw) (Oh, if you multiquote can you do it for multiple pages at once or do you have to finish replying to all the quotes on one page then try to combine the future page ones into the same post and hope for no formatting issues like what happened earlier) might have happened which earlier you didn't like so it was lesser of the evils for me sorry. I know not to double post and I try to avoid it. You don't have to warn me for it.

I wrote can you help me tacos as a precaution in case my post appeared before quinn's but luckily he finished and it said one new reply while I was still writing so after posting to see what happened, I edited immediately, removed the help me part and added the paragraphs not in the quote. :)

Also, to have this be on topic, I agree Juzo was pretty good looking. I feel bad that he had to deal with the fact he caused those events and thus a chain reaction to happen. They didn't really drop hints as much as outright saying it all at once courtesy of Junko. ;)

Edited by pbood2

Juzo was an alright guy from the start in my books. He was all brute force and didn't always think about the potential consequences of his actions (actually something of a refreshing trait in this series, since it mixes it up from the logical processes that normally play out), but he had his charms. As his character was developed, he grew on me. That's all. He didn't have any major development until these last few episodes, so it makes sense that people don't particularly enjoy him until he, as a character, is explained. The same thing happened to Kizakura, who was considered to be extremely suspicious right up until his character was explained (and then killed) in Episode 8. Before that, he was just the strange, drunk, older man with a mustache and a fedora stalking Kyoko. Similarly, Juzo was considered to basically be Munakata's hitman before he was given his own character development. Incidentally, he turned out to be in the closet and have crush on Munakata. That isn't the reason why the majority of people have decided to like Juzo, however, that's just another incident of "correlation does not equal causation." Juzo's sexuality is revealed as a component of his character development, and the character development was the primary factor that lead to his rise in popularity.

Plus, idk if it's just from substantial experience with people who are closeted or openly LGBT+, but I did suspect Juzo of being in love with Munakata. I simply didn't voice it since I attempted to keep my posts focused on the bigger picture. There were definitely hints dropped throughout both sides, however.

So, https://www.reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/53ww9v/dr3_sidehope_has_been_confirmed/ <- this has apparently happened. I guess after the last future side or despair side episode this will start airing. They're talking on reddit how it's been confirmed and it'll be the "Hope" side of the anime, but I'm not entirely sure what to take away from this. Guess we're getting another 13 episodes then.

So, https://www.reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/53ww9v/dr3_sidehope_has_been_confirmed/ <- this has apparently happened. I guess after the last future side or despair side episode this will start airing. They're talking on reddit how it's been confirmed and it'll be the "Hope" side of the anime, but I'm not entirely sure what to take away from this. Guess we're getting another 13 episodes then.

That's probably just the name for the last episode, since it connects both Mirai-hen and Zetsubou-hen.

My poor baby looks so sad

4d5806f3df.png

Also

That makes me really happy that Izuru set that up to play games with Chiaki again and to give her a second chance for her hope to succeed. As unfortunate an ending as it was to zetsubou-hen, it was the best way it could end for us given all the things confirmed for us already. Also it's confirmed Ryota didn't make the suicide videos I can be at peace now.

Hooray, izuru still had some humanity of hajime left to save/help chiaki. With her influence maybe that's why hajime showed up in the dg2 game instead of izuru. and from the looks of it, it sees that ryota has been clear of all suspicions (even though so much was pointed to him) . Tacos you believed in him till the end. so congrats to that. you believed in him when most people suspected him.