Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

A return to the focus on story telling seen in Gen 5 would be awesome they really dropped the ball in Gen 6 with the exception of the Looker mini-arc. Personally I'm also looking forward to finding out where this new region will be based I've seen some speculation about Hawaii and Singapore but I guess we won't know until more info comes out.

I'm here to mention that Grass types do not have specific link, but the most common theme is the reptilian one.

Dino, Dino, Geicko, Tortoise, Snake, Dino-Rodent, ...?

Just because a new region is based on a certain place, it doesn't mean that all new pokemon will have a connection to it. Remember Hoopa, the arabic pokemon, that was found in France?

I'm wondering... Will it be always daytime in Pokemon Sun and nighttime in Pokemon Moon? That would be interesting... Maybe. That's just an idea of mine. Overworld in those games might be just ordinary.

But anyway... I hope we will get to drive our own truck, seeing how many of them are probably meant to be in the game. xD *cough GTA Pokemon, lmao cough*

I doubt the entire games would be exclusively day time or night time depending on the version, but I think it's possible that there could be a period in each game when the day/night is forced to be permanent. Kind of like how in RS/ORAS it became constantly sunny or stormy when Groudon/Kyogre broke free. The legendaries in Sun and Moon could become enraged and force the world into a state of permanent (until you fix everything, that is) light or darkness.

As for driving, that would require A: a large enough map for it to be feasible (unless it's just a cutscene or something) and B: a canonically older protagonist (maybe 16 or 17 years old). I'm not saying it won't happen, but I would consider it unlikely.

Otherwise, GTA Pokemon, rated 18+, coming Holiday 2018 confirmed

I'm honestly hoping for a tiger or snake for the fire starter. Most likely snake, but a tiger will do nicely too.

Hmm... would they do a fire snake? Serperior is already meant to be a snake, so I'm sceptical that they would repeat the animal within only two generations. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they've ever so far done the same animal base for starters twice (with the exception of Squirtle and Turtwig, I guess).

Edited by Spineblade

A new Gen eh maybe this time we'll get the "Light" type (as we already have Dark) i hope it's a new region or a return to Kanto (either would be fine) i don't want it to be in Kalos as X&Y were the worst games of the series imo (the 3D was the only good feature).

P.S.

If we actually get a new type Reborn will need a new Gym Leader

The new fairy type basically is Pokemon's light type.

Strong against Dark? Check.

Strong against Dragon? Check.

Multiple light based moves? Check.

Angel based pokemon (Togekiss and Gardivor) changed to have the new "light" typing? Check.

The only thing missing is them being strong against ghost types.

On topic It would be really awesome if they pulled a gen 2 and let us return to Kalos (for Zygarde info and forms) or Unova. (To complete the legendary dragon there) I'm not sure how I feel about the speculation of being able to ride cars as I thought the new flight mechanic in ORAS was better and more interesting.

mega solrock and lunatone confirmed

fire emblem fates pokemon edition actually

i like the title actually, and the symbols are nice. hopefully the new legends are really cool and dont try to turn the lore on it's head like gen 4 lol

mostly just excited to play something NEW

i really want to see trainer customization come back too, XY was really fun for me for that reason. also some well deserved megas (coughs at flygon). also, though we probably wont get it, id like to see a step back in b/w's direction as far as story goes. there were obviously fucked up things going on and idk. ghetsis felt like a real villain, as opposed to like.. magma and aqua. and rocket. and flare. glactic wasn't really evil but cyrus was impressive. idk, im just

prayin for good things.

also hopefully the starters wont be a disappointment. i was so let down @ delphox and chesnaught. so so let down. and the gen 5 starters.

mega gen 2 starters when

Better suit up with armor, because people will come at you Spade. Gen6 starters all had nice designs, and 2/3 are powerful.

Let's hope the names do not indicate megas for said pokemon. I know people try to hype them, but please don't. They are bad beyond measure, and we don't need more psychic type megas. Even if they were to announce some, I'd rather it wasn't the ... rocks.

Rocket is evil, as evil goes. My guess is that we'll be dealing with 2 different evil teams, but this time they will be cults. One for Sun (or Sun god) and another for moon (or Moon God). The perfect environment for this would be ancient Egypt, but it seems we'll go to South America. I mean, we already visited the States, should we not go for a stroll in the Amazon?

Knowing how people go around, spouting "Praise the Sun!", "Praise the Moon!", etc, I think the cult idea wouldn't be too far off.

As for Mega Solrock and Lunatone... Now, I'm not saying that I'm hyping them, because after reading what you said, I too realize that they're really bad Pokemon. However, perhaps giving them megas might redeem them if it makes them stronger. (Even though we definitely don't need more psychic megas, more rock megas would be pretty cool.)

Honestly, I think we'll still be going to a European-like region. There's still bits and pieces we have to solve from Kalos (Seriously, why waste Zygarde's potential?), as well as the mysteries of the Azoth Kingdom. I know we'll be seeing it in the Volcanion and Magearna movie, but perhaps Gen VII will reveal even more about the Azoth Kingdom.

Oh, and if Spiritomb wasn't Dark/Ghost, it probably would have been Rock/Ghost, seeing as it's pretty much using a rock as a body.

Praise the Sun!

I lost faith in my original prediction it would seem - but it turns out I was right before - even with all of the Zygarde forms and Magiana/Volcanion left in the dust. Remember - there is seemingly a pointless train station in Couriway Town, Kalos that could expand the traverse-able territory to another region (possibly the one in Sun/Moon). The only issue going on however is that the game so far seems to have a location that matches up with Singapore more than it does anything else - and the most obvious conjecture is the Shinto Sun Goddess and Moon God with the games legendar/story theme.

If however, it is a neighboring European location, travelling from Kalos by train is a very feasible thing. Don't give up on Zygarde, Volcanion, and Magiana just yet.

---

Wild guesses

• This -IS- indeed a European location with a resort building that is circumstantial to the Singapore hotel - and that Kalos will be re-visited via train to Couriway from this new region. Roughly 16 years ago - Gold, Silver, and Crystal was the first game in which you could obtain 16 gym badges and traverse two regions. The concept is old enough for most casual players to forget or not have experienced those games today, while being young enough for older fans to hope for. Obviously, Kalos feels very incomplete - especially with the data that we received from Coro-Coro about Zygarde, Volcanion, and Magiana.
  • You -must- trade over your Zygarde from X and Y to Sun and Moon in order to increase or decrease it's percentage. Zygarde will only be found in it's 50 percent form in those games. In Sun and Moon, assuming the previous point above is indeed the case, you would then be able to draw the rest of the cells to Zygarde as you travel around - or as the story heats up in the post-game. I do think that these games are a fresh new take that will revisit the franchises loose ends from Gen 6 some more in the post-game, as ORAS did.
  • There will only be one evil organization. The latest games released were Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire - meaning that the concept of having two teams compete over the sun being up longer or the moon being up longer (as in increased day or night) would be a mere re-skin of the predecessors' plot.
  • Pokemon transfered from Kanto in the 20th Anniversary 3DS editions of Red, Blue, and Yellow will be stored in Pokemon Bank - and be transferred to Sun and Moon - without an ability like they are found in RBY.
  • 'Style', Boutiques, or some form of trainer customization will return to the franchise.
  • The building in the teaser picture is a piece of end game content similar to the Battle Resort in Hoenn. The screenshot shows a boy that is dressed eerily like Red, an iconic trainer who was last seen in Unova battling the player in the Pokemon World Tournament.
  • The secondary legendary (a la Kyurem, or Zygarde, or Cresselia..?..) is a celestial Pokemon representing the stars.

• Pokemon transfered from Kanto in the 20th Anniversary 3DS editions of Red, Blue, and Yellow will be stored in Pokemon Bank - and be transferred to Sun and Moon - without an ability like they are found in RBY.

Do you mean that these pokemon will just be left without an ability at all after they are transferred? Like gengar with no levitate just blank?

As I mentioned in my brief Sun/Moon speculation video on YouTube, I don't think Perfect Zygarde and all that will be completely absent from these games at all, at least based on Sun. In the Japanese anime so far there are multiple occurrences of Zygarde using the energy of the Sun to find cells in the environment around it, and because of that, it doesn't seem too far out to suspect that Zygarde will play a role in Sun (and logically, a similar one in Moon).

The only other real explanation for that is that Zygarde's extra forms are really just an anime-exclusive thing, or perhaps completely unrelated to the Sun/Moon plot. Considering we never saw the Perfect/Whole Original Dragon from Gen 5, I wouldn't put it past GameFreak to not include it.

If trainer customization returns, I hope it has the option to remove hats. I want to go on an adventure without having to wear a damn hat all the time. (I've grown very fond of fangames like Reborn and Rejuvenation because of this...)

Yes.

I'd be really surprised to see that, it would make a lot more sense to have them get there normal abilities rather than have non at all. When you transferred from rby to gsc, special stat split and steel types gained steel typing and I bet it will work that way for abilities too.

Perfect Zygarde will have a role in these games somehow. Count on it. 1. They wouldn't release it for nothing, and 2, you can see the sun and moon colors on it's 'mouth' thing.

top-gallery-5.jpg

As for this games legendaries, I really do believe there will be something to do with Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi. With the 3rd legendary being from Susanoo. My next question is, will Izanagi and Izanami play a role?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaterasu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukuyomi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susanoo

The one based off of Amaterasu in Sun Version will at least be part Fire or Fairy Type.

The one based off of Tsukuyomi in Moon Version will be at least part Dark or Rock Type.

The one based off of Susanoo will be at least part Water Type.

Hmm... I'm starting to see a pattern here. I think from now on, we're only going to get 2 version games, for the reason that a later third version simply isn't going to add anything.

Try as I might, I can't get this line out of my head.

"And, in 2016, it all comes together..." Something about that line screams importance to me, but I can't quite place it

Maybe it's referring to the anime? I mean, I'm thinking it's about time for Ash/Satoshi to actually step up to the big leagues. Possibly with a Tournament of Champions, with him representing the Orange Islands, and getting interested in the new region by battling with its Champion.

I'm a confused with the entire lack of 6.5 gen, but perhaps it will be released in a few short months, and Sun and Moon end of the year, who knows. All that I am certain of is that I want to finally get a ghost type eeveelution. I'm going to keep the rest of my hopes about everything else of this new game low just in case, including my hope for trainer customization, but I will dream for the ghost type eevee.

Hmm. Naturally, I think both Bird Keeper Toby -AND- Gaijin Goombah are onto something here.

• The Strange Souvenir has to fit into this generation -OR- an even later one. If Game Freak wanted the easter egg to remain relevant, it would most likely be the next generation of Pokemon (or Gen 7) that it would refer too. Point Toby.
  • Sun and Moon are perhaps the two most "drastically different" title names for the series. Colors and Minerals have dominated the franchise up until this point. Not necessarily a point for GG, but it's one that relates vastly better to Shinto more than it does Hawaii'an mythos.
  • Bird Keeper Toby's informant brought a lot of information to the table. 'Project Rainbow' is a very essential piece here - as is the emphasis on open vehicles and tropical climates. Not only is Hawaii the 'Rainbow State' - the University of Hawaii's mascot is referred to as the 'Rainbow Warrior' - so point Toby.
  • Yokai Watch is destroying Pokemon at home in Japan, so it makes a lot of marketing sense for Japan to dig back into it's roots. Point Goombah.

I -do- think that it's possible to correlate Japanese folklore onto a Hawaii'an backdrop - in fact - I think that's probably a very strong play. Pokemon doesn't necessarily -have- to appeal as the best monster collection game in Japan due to it's world-wide acclaim, but it's been a little while since things have seemed a little native to their home audience. Incorporating both global outreach -and- a return to the homeland at once seems like appeals 'at home -and- abroad.'

That's just smart marketing.

That video does indeed sound plausible, but I kinda really hope we don't get another hoenn-like region..I mean..we've just had Hoenn. We need a change of "theme" imo, but well, Hawaiian-based region doesn't sound bad anyway.. To me it doesn't really matter where it's based as long as it's a double region game that makes us go back to Kalos for some zygarde/volcanion side plot

Also, if pokemon game titles are all based on colors and minerals..what are X and Y? They're letters... so , pokemon is deviating from their patterns slowly. Also, given that Kalos and ORAS are the beginning of this new timeline, it makes sense that the "color and mineral" names will be replaced by other things