Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Wait, maybe if it's a tropical isle it's near Hoenn, and all those loose ends from ORAS really will be tied up after all?

Please let that be it. I don't care about that one guy going on about diversity or whatever, I want to know why they put that random scene with Looker there. I want to rematch the gym leaders like they literally said I could. I want to know what AZOTH stood for. I want to fight Champion Wallace with his Mega Milotic, and most of all, I want construction on the battle frontier to be finished.

Truth right there^

But no, it doesn't have to be another tropical island to tie the plotholes of Kalos and ORAS. Both of them are not really close to each other and yet their story is somewhat interconnected. Just give us a different region with a less warm and beachy tropical feel I: (that bright sunny resort-ish hotel screenshot sure doesn't help but hey, it could always just be a single area among something entirely different) Times like these make you miss sinnoh and unova

what I'd like would be a region where humanity isn't dominant, like a region that's only recently been discovered and colonized, and for the most part still belongs to pokemon. Like, stuff actually has a reason to under construction--you can't cross the bridge because there isn't a bridge yet

Wellp, the newinfo is almost upon us.. But a recent tweet (notsure if april fools troll) claimed that the reveal trailer will be shown in that pokemon sunday show thing , aka the same thing we already saw. Even though it doesn't mean nothing else will be shown, it's still kind of discouraging.

Speaking of april fools, wonder who/how they're gonna try to fool us

P.S. do you really want to play a game where you basically witness the process of humanity ruining a largely pokemon-reigned region and slowly colonizing it? D: savage

Edited by Masquerain

Welp, the gameplay thing turned out to be a complete lie. The show was 29 minutes of people freaking out over Pokemon themed pencils, then they showed the same Sun/Moon "trailer" from earlier (as in the one that DIDN'T HAVE GAMEPLAY). The end.

I wouldn't expect much from Corocoro this month either. It'll probably be like "hey these games are a thing and now tune in next month and maybe we'll actually tell you SOMETHING about them"

Welp, the gameplay thing turned out to be a complete lie. The show was 29 minutes of people freaking out over Pokemon themed pencils, then they showed the same Sun/Moon "trailer" from earlier (as in the one that DIDN'T HAVE GAMEPLAY). The end.

Because NO ONE actually said that they would show gameplay - only that thios would be the first time for Sun and Moon to be on TV!

as in announcing it on TV!

the whole Gameplay thing came all from fans who read way to much into that statement...

If you have somewhere any proof that Nintendo, Gamefreak, Pokemon Company or Masuda himself said something about gameplay:

PLEASE proof me wrong on that - for I didn't saw anything like that!

(anyways - I'm now heading to bed - because I stayed up to watch this in HOPE we would see a bit more and/or get a bit more information than what we already got)

Edited by Cepheus

I guess, never believe anything when it's close to april fools, even if it's on april 3rd .. <.< Though at least corocoro did say we'd get stuff in april about the games...be it only their mention

It feels overall quite ridiculous for it to have been over a month and nothing but a "trailer" that showed us nothing more than the existence of the games..

Edited by Masquerain

Well, I hoped for a counterpart to sylveon as well but alas.. maybe this time. Seeing as how the "1st" eeveelution in the dex is always the type that is weak to the one after it (vaporeon->jolteon, espeon->umbreon and leafeon->glaceon) , I'd guess we'd get a poison or steel eeveelution if sylveon ever got a counterpart, since it was introduced first

Ah, A steel eeveelution may not be bad. It could be something tanky and defensive, yet possessing enough power to hit decently hard, and with a good defensive ability like Filter or Sturdy. Perhaps a stat spread of 65/95/130/60/110/65, or some such. That, combined with access to Wish, Heal Bell, maybe Roar / Dragon Tail or Stealth rock would make an excellent cleric, Fairy killer and hazard setter rolled into one. It's about time we have an eeveelution that is actually good in OU; the only usable ones currently are Sylveon and Vaporeon, both of which are outclassed by other Pokemon of their type in almost every way.

Theroymonning here: Irideon? Ferreon? Aureon? Cobaleon I mean what.

Ah, A steel eeveelution may not be bad. It could be something tanky and defensive, yet possessing enough power to hit decently hard, and with a good defensive ability like Filter or Sturdy. Perhaps a stat spread of 65/95/130/60/110/65, or some such. That, combined with access to Wish, Heal Bell, maybe Roar / Dragon Tail or Stealth rock would make an excellent cleric, Fairy killer and hazard setter rolled into one. It's about time we have an eeveelution that is actually good in OU; the only usable ones currently are Sylveon and Vaporeon, both of which are outclassed by other Pokemon of their type in almost every way.

Theroymonning here: Irideon? Ferreon? Aureon? Cobaleon I mean what.

Ferreon and Toxeon pls

Well if it'll be sylveon's counterpart, it wont be anything but poison or steel ..and the Toxeon I created had almost the same stat spread as what you laid out NickCrash it was basically a physical glass cannon . turned out to be some scary stuff, that one

But either way, let's get back to sunmoon talk. while new eevees are indirectly related to a new gen, it's still abstract for this topic i think

All right then, what do we talk about?

Ooh, I have an idea! Here's a theory:

There's a good chance Gen7 is based off a tropical island like Hawaii, or perhaps Singapore. In any case, Hawaii is famous for having many carnivorous caterpillars, the only place I know of in the world where the things prey on other insects, mostly mosquitoes and flies, instead of chewing leaves.

Does this mean we are going to have the most badass beginner butterfly of all time?

All right then, what do we talk about?

Ooh, I have an idea! Here's a theory:

There's a good chance Gen7 is based off a tropical island like Hawaii, or perhaps Singapore. In any case, Hawaii is famous for having many carnivorous caterpillars, the only place I know of in the world where the things prey on other insects, mostly mosquitoes and flies, instead of chewing leaves.

Does this mean we are going to have the most badass beginner butterfly of all time?

Maybe but there's already Scolipede that (kinda) covers that role

I'm gonna hope till the end that the region is not tropical. That would be lame

We can also look at the current missing type combos and speculate what we could see in gen7 (and under what form)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4daf6s/here_are_the_currently_unused_type_combinations/

I'd very much like to see fire/poison or steel poison

For steel poison, we could get a dragon snake http://puu.sh/o6boE/de7f42a2b4.jpg (it's venomous i think and its scales resemble armor) ..and given that we have gotten a snake in gen 1 3 and 5, 7 is the next "pattern" gen to get another in so...wellp, it could happen :ph34r:

For steel/normal... well hey, we actually don't have an armadillo pokemon yet. That could work because it's a regular thing with armor on its back

Ghost/rock is something I'd curious to see, because I'm not sure what kind of mon we'd get for that.. maybe if it really is hawaii, we'd get a haunted stone tiki head?

We definetey need a Bug/Dark mosquito pokemon!
Dark type is known in Japan as the "Evil" type, so what is more evil than the incarnation of blood sucking demos from the depths of hell??? (Edit: how could I forgot that roaches are even better design to be that type?)

Also we need more pokemons of the type combinations Rotom forms has given us.

Edited by pyrromanis

Scolipede isn't a butterfly in any sense though. It's a centipede. The closest thing we have to a badass butterfly right now is Volc, and that too is not a beginner butterfly but a very late game, almost pseudo-legend moth.

And tbh, if we see a mosquito Pokémon I'm killing them without mercy. Better get your Repels too! (Bug/Poison may be generic but it suits it more with moves like Bug Bite, Poison Jab and maybe also Giga Drain)

It very well could be based off Italy and in turn Roman Mythology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_(mythology)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_(goddess)

Third in the 'trio'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_(mythology)

Aurora (Latin: [au̯ˈroːra]) is the Latin word for dawn, and the goddess of dawn in Roman mythology and Latin poetry.

It makes sense if you think about Where Couriway town is, and the fact that all signs point to a return to Kalos. The pictures could easily indicate a multitude of places in Italy.

Kalos_Couriway_Town_Map.png

The mountains that the trains would go through are the equivalent of the swiss alps.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Couriway_Town

There are many waterfalls in the Alps of southeast France, and Couriway Town may correspond to the Herisson Falls and one of the nearby small towns in real life.

JObYOur.jpg

The strange souvenir would likely connect to Hawaii as would the weird trucks.