Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

The only reason I give it some possibility is the existence of megas, which were hinted at the logo. No matter how absurd a method it looks like, Nintendo is slowly running out of ideas, and fusion is something we have already seen in Gen5. There is no reason NOT to include it in their main "campaign". We all rejected the rumors about megas and a new generation when they first came out, but I would like solid arguments against the implementation of this new mechanic before mentioning which is the real canon.

• Global Mods

I don't remember seeing any mega or new gen rumors. (I do remember Fairy type being leaked by someone, though) I wasn't arguing whether or not it'll be included, I was just hoping the symbol was for something else and that it just happens to be similar to the fusion symbol.

Really? I never knew of this burst evolution or fused evolution thing... I really hate the idea of my pokemon fusing with trainers..like.. just stop already, we ain't digimon.

I already am not a fan of Ash-frog and find it a ridiculous excuse for not giving ash a mega evo, so I hope that thing stays anime-only and doesn't spread to the games or an entire new generation

Anyway, the little diamond on each logo bears the opposite color of the game itself (orange for moon and blueish for sun) Wonder if that alludes to something "reversed" like black and white

P.S. apparently fusion evo is basically making a gijinka of a pokemon... that's really just...so...please no

Edited by Masquerain

Well, it sure beats the lack of ..any info in XY, so if they take the story to a deeper level and balance it out throughout the entire game, it'll be lovely. There is a crapton of potential for Sun and Moon, I just hope they don't miss out on it

Its a shame they haven't shown that they can in fact do just that... or wait actually they have done just that. Perhaps there is hope for S&M.

Lol'd

That was supposed to be a "too lazy to type" version of "not give Ash a pokemon that will/can mega evolve" but yeah ;x There's already a mega sceptile and a mega charizard x in the spotlight so they really couldn't just make his own zard and sceptile megaevolve and return to him

That was supposed to be a "too lazy to type" version of "not give Ash a pokemon that will/can mega evolve" but yeah ;x There's already a mega sceptile and a mega charizard x in the spotlight so they really couldn't just make his own zard and sceptile megaevolve and return to him

You misunderstood where the joke was intended. I would love to see a Mega-Ash in the next games.

Back to the topic, I believe there are multiple threads in which various pokemon are listed as future candidates for a mega evolution, and among those, several have priority over others. Prime examples include the multiple times mentioned Flygon and Milotic, as well as others, with my personal favorite being M-Raticate (with the condition it's made as I've instructed for maximum fighting potential). My guesses on the following megas include a significant number of Dark types, as well as the introduction of megas that are of the Fire, Water/Dragon and Grass/Ground types.

I did actually see what you meant, but it's still nothing I'd wanna see..don't like Ash :(

Been also thinking about the whole burst heart thing...that it's practically impossible for them to do it in a main pokemon game as we know it.. I mean they'd have to do a complete overhaul of the battle system in order to implement poketrainer fusion, and furthermore to implement a fusion for each individual trainer and each individual pokemon..and then there's the switching mechanics, team of 6 and so on. Seems really unlikely the more you look at it. I am also doubting the Ash-frog theory because that's another similar gimmick that would require them to make a design for every chosen pokemon to resemble their trainer with features taken from the trainer.. You'd have to have a female mc-features pokemon, a male one..key characters ones and so on. Also, in the anime, it was said ash-frog was some

bullshit

special once in a million years thing. That said, I do believe the diamond on the logos has some significance to what we'll see in sunmoon, seeing as all 3ds japanese logos of pokemon sport a symbol for some evolution method (mega for xy and primal reversion for oras)

Edited by Masquerain

1VbrUGa.jpg

Warning: Giant pic^

So here's a relatively new tidbit of possibility from somebody who tried to enlarge one of the sun/moon sketches . From the looks of it, it may potentially be the moon cover legendary since it is loosely shaped like various phases of the moon. Also appears to be a bird/avian

Aside from the title and logos, the only real official information is that it's still using Pokebank, which makes me suspicious about whether this is really gen 7. Inb4 the cover legendaries are new forms of Xerneas and Yveltal. Especially after seeing that thing that's possibly the moon legendary. It would make sense since the sun and moon are associated with life and death respectively in pretty much every culture.

Reminder to all skeptics of this being gen 7: the UK press release for Sun/Moon said it was gen 7. Unless we hear something that says otherwise, you might want to just treat it as such

so would it be plausible for a x and y remake to be 6.5? Wait a couple years reboot the series and bam add stuff that explains all the stuff gamefreak left us hanging with in x and y... LIKE THE STUFF IN THE DESERT

Aside from the title and logos, the only real official information is that it's still using Pokebank, which makes me suspicious about whether this is really gen 7.

I didn't really see this as any cause for doubt about it being Gen 7. In this day and age, would it not make sense for Game Freak to implement a storage/transfer system that had the technological durability to survive multiple generations?

I don't see why the addition of clearly new pokemon is viewed as something that somehow doesn't reinforce gen7 but wellp, corocoro (and probably other places before it) will give us more info in april it seems

That said, I'm still hoping its a gen 6.5 that lets us return to kalos in some way for a post story

I'm honestly just waiting for Gold/Silver/Crystal to be Virtual Console games so we can send Pokemon from there to Sun and Moon. Might not happen, but since Sun and Moon seem to be X/Y's Gold and Silver, it's probably possible.

I'm honestly just waiting for Gold/Silver/Crystal to be Virtual Console games so we can send Pokemon from there to Sun and Moon. Might not happen, but since Sun and Moon seem to be X/Y's Gold and Silver, it's probably possible.

a youtube did point out that X and Y seemed to connected to red and blue so it is a possibility

I can only hope the rest of the starters get Megas, or something equal to Megas. With Ash-Greninja being a thing, it could be a possibility, especially since "It all comes together." If Gamefreak decided to end Pokemon, it wouldn't be right if most of the starters didn't have Megas. (I get that Pikachu is a starter, but let's face it, a Mega Raichu would make much more sense. I'm surprised Pikachu didn't turn into Ash-Pikachu, but Greninja had that instead)

I just hope we get a few differences with some of the Megas though. If we had a Mega Typhlosion with Drought, it would still kinda make Typhlosion a clone of Charizard. Mega Charizard-Y, if we want to be specific. If Mega Typhlosion had more speed along with attack and special attack, then that would make it more unique. I could definitely see (Mega)nium being Grass/Fairy, and Mega Serperior being Grass/Dragon along with Mega Sceptile, but that's probably just wishful thinking.