Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

A new Gen eh maybe this time we'll get the "Light" type (as we already have Dark) i hope it's a new region or a return to Kanto (either would be fine) i don't want it to be in Kalos as X&Y were the worst games of the series imo (the 3D was the only good feature).

P.S.

If we actually get a new type Reborn will need a new Gym Leader

You need not worry. The type chart changed with XY. There will be no type additions. The only changes I may see are buffs to Ice and Bug, but that's more or less it.

Let's talk about technical upgrades.

XY and ORAS brought us up into full 3D, and it seems to me that every Gen has brought us at least something new to the graphical table. This would suggest that Sun and Moon will bring us something too. Will the Pokémon models be particularly changed, with more polygons, wider colour ranges, or complex battle animations? Or do you think we're likely to see essentially imports of what we have in Gen 6 as Game Freak focus on other things?

Perhaps they'll add more opportunities for the 3DS to utilise true 3D in the overworld. Whilst I've never played XY and can't comment on them much, I've found places like Petalburg Forest and Sky Pillar to be among the best places in ORAS for looks, and the 3D no doubt helped there. I don't expect them to make the entire overworld 3D, but more areas with it would be appreciated.

With the release of the New 3DS last year, it seems likely that they'll make some opportunities for owners to use the C-Stick and ZR/ZL buttons in Sun and Moon. I reckon it would have to be shortcuts to features that you can already access from the menu, though, so as not to disadvantage 3DS owners.

And perhaps they'll optimise Gen 7 enough that lag in 3D-enabled battles and triple battles is finally gone, or at the very least significantly reduced. Maybe it's too ambitious a task, but we'll see in due time.

Any thoughts on what I've said here? Or feel free to add something I've missed.

Well, the GameXplain Analysis Video talked about the possibility of REAL 3D world - with ROTATING the camera!

based on the fact the Pokemoncenter Concept art had an angle showing it's backside - which we normally wouldn't see in the current engine.

and I would really like a rotatable camera, that makes a fine hunt for hidden items and other secrets.

for the N3DS the C-stick could function for this, while on the 3DS/2DS we might have to hold down the L-Button or something to rotate the camera with the Analog-pad

If Solrock gets one and Flygon, Milotic, Luxray, Raticate, Feraligatr, Meganium, Typhlosion, Electivire, Toxicroak, Kingler, Drapion, Liligant, Krookodile, and Gogoat do not get one, I'll be seriously disappointed.

Also, make that Cub -> Wolf -> Werewolf pokemon happen.

Well, it's been three years, so Flygon is probably going to happen, at the least. Even though they had intended a Flygon-M, Sugimori had a case of artisst's block, so it was (presumably) postponed.

Then again, I know people who go through the longest artist's block on stuff they want to finish.

Also, we have two whales and an orca (okay, three whales). When's a dolphin?

Kyogre is technically an Orca. Yep, we need a dolphin. Perhaps it's the new starter. (Inb4: Grass starter dolphin - fire fits most, but they follow the Chinese zodiac)

I expect the following. Feel free to comment and discuss about them and post your own suggestions

A dolphin starter - Water

A(nother) werewolf pokemon - Ghost/Fighting

An Ox starter - Fire (perhaps also fighting Ground)

An Electric/Dark pokemon

A Fire/Fairy

An Ice/Poison pokemon

A pure steel pokemon that works as the link between this gen's legendaries

I don't think we would get a Dolphin as a starter...

because it's a mammal that EXCLUSIVELEY lives in water.

most other water-starters were more 'amphibious' - being able to live in water and on land! - the only exception is Mudkip being an Axolotl - which is an water-only amphibian...

Squirtle - Turtle

Totodile - crocodile/aligator

Piplup - Penguin (a bird, which loves on land and is a pretty good swimmer)

Oshawott - Otter

Froaky - Frog

Mudkip / Axolotl being the odd-one-out here for the real world... but at least it has feet that would make it able to go on land :P

I mean - imagine letting the Dolphin out of it's Pokeball in the lab, and all it does is splash around like a Magikarp, because it can't handle being out of the water xD

all starters have legs!

(ok... Snivy looses its legs later on... but still...)

I don't think we would get a Dolphin as a starter...

because it's a mammal that EXCLUSIVELEY lives in water.

most other water-starters were more 'amphibious' - being able to live in water and on land! - the only exception is Mudkip being an Axolotl - which is an water-only amphibian...

Squirtle - Turtle

Totodile - crocodile/aligator

Piplup - Penguin (a bird, which loves on land and is a pretty good swimmer)

Oshawott - Otter

Froaky - Frog

Mudkip / Axolotl being the odd-one-out here for the real world... but at least it has feet that would make it able to go on land :P

I mean - imagine letting the Dolphin out of it's Pokeball in the lab, and all it does is splash around like a Magikarp, because it can't handle being out of the water xD

all starters have legs!

(ok... Snivy looses its legs later on... but still...)

Otters and Penguins are not amphibians. One is a bird and the other a mammal, like a dolphin.

Pokelogic does not apply everywhere, and I believe you've battled in caves using fish, underwater using birds, in volcanoes using plants, and inanimate objects... everywhere!

Just like Grass does not follow a certain pattern, Water doesn't seem to either. I could see a dolphin that becomes Water/Flying at its 3rd stage, but that's only me. Others may want a kitten or a jet or a humanoid. I mention the dolphin because it's an animal species they have left out, seemingly deliberately.

I didn't say they were amphibiANS... I said they were 'amphibiOUS' - living on land and water (that's why i put the ' ')

and I looked at Mudkip again... it isn't pureley based on the Axolotl, but also on the "Periophthalmus" - a type of Mudskipper (hence Mudkips name: Mudkip = Mudskip)

and guess what? - Mudskippers are amphibians that live on land AND in water

sooo Mudkip falls back into line being able to live on land and in water - hence every Water starter has access to both!

a Dolphin wouldn't fit, since its living space is purely water.

THERE is ALWAYS a connection in the starters per type!

In that regard I would say... maybe we get some kind of Newt for a water-starter, or maybe a new Crab-like Pokemon

and now I'm going to look up the similarities between grass-starters... after I went shopping for dinner xD

If the water starter ends up being a dolphin, I could see the professor just keeping it in a large aquarium, or a pond inside their laboratory when it's not in a pokeball.

Edited by Aurorain

Not sure if this has been said here or not, but Gaijin Goombah came out with a perfectly ad libbed video with a interesting theory:

I really am interested to see how pokemon sun and moon come out!

wow, that was fast... I was on hois channel to night, and it wasn't there... well gonna watch it now...

also - connections of the starter pokemons:

( grass gets a bit shaky at snivy... :/ )

f4b0d51f1d08a9baa3bd0b5499e50d09-the-tru

Edited by Cepheus
  • Upvote 1

I was going to post that grass types are reptilian creatures with hints to evolution but Snivy and Chespin prove this rule wrong. Simply because the picture tries to make connections, it doesn't mean they are true. Chestnaught is a mammal and has no connection to reptiles, but to rodents. Snivy is a snake and has no connection to dinosaurs (apart from being reptiles).

Now that we have more generations it's getting harder to make starters that fit the criteria as strictly as the first generations did. Therefore, the connections become vague and the line that shows that this is a connection between the starters and not the type in general is becoming faint.

If the dolphin is out of the question, then what's more probable?

That didn't take them long, interesting stuff here.

I also saw a speculation that the game's box art legendaries may be Amateratsu and Susano-O inspired. Which is hightly likely.

Wouldn't Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi be more likely?

Considering the games might be spaced themed, we may get some weird typings like Fire/Ice that can be related to chemistry-thermodynamic-y stuff.

Overall I just hope that Gamefreak somehow gives more balance to some Pokemon and give some love to the barely used ones.

Inb4 we get a Mega Charizard Z.

You need not worry. The type chart changed with XY. There will be no type additions. The only changes I may see are buffs to Ice and Bug, but that's more or less it.

I really hope ice gets a buff, its basically the worst defensive typing you can have.

I'm wondering... Will it be always daytime in Pokemon Sun and nighttime in Pokemon Moon? That would be interesting... Maybe. That's just an idea of mine. Overworld in those games might be just ordinary.

But anyway... I hope we will get to drive our own truck, seeing how many of them are probably meant to be in the game. xD *cough GTA Pokemon, lmao cough*

THIS ^ she doesn't even have to be shady, i would love a lady boss :<

a REDHEAD Ladyboss, I assume :D

---

with Sun and Moon as a "Theme" I think I want a 'resurrection' of the Day/Night cycle of G/S/C - meaning that some Pokemon only appear during night and some only during day. (or at least at a different encounter-rate during these times)

all other games that had day/night kinda threw this overboard...

---

to return to the Starters - when we assume the setting to be Singapore (thinking back to that picture of that Hotel) I think we might get:

Tiger or a Snake for Fire-Type

reasoning:

Singapores Crest shows a Tiger.

Pythons are common in southeast Asia (where Singapore is located)

(a monkey would make sense too, since 2016 is the year of the monkey... but we already got one in chimchar...)

for Water-Type

I'm in for some type Newt

or maybe a new Beaver

Grass is hard - if we stick to relation to Dinosaurs...

eventually a Triceratops with a petal-neck-shield? (a bit like Meganium)

or a Stegosaurus with Sharp-petals sprouting from it's back...

Chances of a mega for Espeon and Umbreon? Pretty high, I'd say.

Espeon is known as the Sun Pokémon and Umbreon the Moonlight pokémon.

dude.

Also, I can see two opposing teams - Team Sunlight something and Team Moonlight something going:

Sunlight: We need more Sun!

Moonlight: We need more Moon!

And Arceus facepalming in the back.

• Upvote 1

Personally, whatever this game will be, gen 7 or gen 6.5, will it travel back to kalos like johto+kanto, will it not? Doesn't matter to me, I just want a game with a plot on par with BW/2 and not a repeat of XY that mainly exist for you to look at pretty french scenery :T