Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Guys you do realize that, at this stage, any idiot could waltz in, post some random theories, make a long-winded argument to support them (based on nothing but personal opinions), and it would sound plausible, right? Truth is, we know nothing. This kind of speculation has the same relevance a cheerleader has in determining the outcome of a football match: all we can do is wait for more official info.

• Upvote 2

You know guys... the last two days I was thinking about one sentence said in the Reveal announcement:

"2016 - it all comes together in an all new Pokemon adventure" -> "IT ALL COMES TOGETHER"

Now before you go: "You are thinking all regions will be available - here are 10 resons why this is unlikely" - NO, that's not what I'm thinking about! (Hardware limitations etc.)

- I'm thinking of something else - in combination with that Concept art of that Building (Hotel, Water Gym, whatever) we got.

- It shows a Trainer that looks very similar to RED - as pointed out many times!

- it is the year of the 20th anniversary of Pokemon - 20 years since RED was first playable...

WHAT IF (BIG SPECULATION - just couldn't get it out of my head):

"It all comes BACK together?"

What if - 20 years have actually passed in the Pokemon world?

Red would be 30 years by now!

We could be playing as Reds son/daughter! - and that he gave us his old adventuring clothes!

-- that's who we see in that Picture - Reds son in his old clothes!

(maybe he married Yellow - and maybe when we play as a Girl, we will have an attire similar to hers? since she never actually appeared in any game - and she is soooo cute :3)

Now disregarding any speculations on the actual location, Hawaii or Singapore or whatever , doesn't matter.

Fact is: it seems to be a tropical climate - like a holiday-resort!

maybe Red and Yellow, as a married couple, and their two twin children (both boy and girl player - the other will be one of your rivals) are actually taking a VACATION!

That Building we see is the Hotel they are staying in! (that's why that Lady has a suitcase - she is about to check in, or just checked out!)

And while the family is taking a vacation, We as the player get "bored" and set out on a Pokemon journey in this Region!

Or maybe Red got an invitation for the Pokemon League there but, gives the opportunity to his Kids, because he is now 30 and is tired of adventuring around, and he stays at the Hotel for consultantship etc.

and that would make the Hotel our "Home Town" instead of an actual town... consisting of only 4 houses^^

Oh and of course Red would be the ultimate Trainer challange post-game "Show me what you have learned, my son/daughter!" -> 'Legendary Trainer Red wants to battle!'

Again - this is all my imagination and speculation - do not take it as fact (but it would be cool if it were)

• Upvote 3

Guys you do realize that, at this stage, any idiot could waltz in, post some random theories, make a long-winded argument to support them (based on nothing but personal opinions), and it would sound plausible, right? Truth is, we know nothing. This kind of speculation has the same relevance a cheerleader has in determining the outcome of a football match: all we can do is wait for more official info.

all aboard the HYPE train!! no but seriously below

Some people find it fun to simply speculate and theorize you know..that's part of the waiting..but to each their own ;x

exactly what he/she said. That's where a lot of the fun comes from. Hyping things up. It may turn out to be overhyped, but hey where's the fun in not guessing and simply waiting

all aboard the HYPE train!! no but seriously below

exactly what he/she said. That's where a lot of the fun comes from. Hyping things up. It may turn out to be overhyped, but hey where's the fun in not guessing and simply waiting

Don't get me wrong, I like speculation as much as the next guy. What I don't like is BASELESS speculation: what has Nintendo revealed about the upcoming games? A whole bunch of nothing, that's what. When we get announcements with new Pokemon, gym leaders, and/or locations, I will be the first to speculate about those. But to speculate over nothing, I find it to be absurd.

[a long list of stuff]

Again - this is all my imagination and speculation - do not take it as fact (but it would be cool if it were)

Just going to point out that if we saw ORAS Resort area exclusively, without any indication of it being a remake of RS, there'd prolly have been speculation similar to that. One town doesn't say a whole lot, since if you only saw a city with a similar design to Snowpoint City, you could either draw the conclusion of Gen 4 remake, or a tundra-based region (or just be logical and discard both options, accepting it as a possible city in the finalized game features)

The prospect of new games coming at the end of this year is exciting and all (especially for me since I haven't had a blind playthrough of a new region and dex for coming on ten years), but I feel like I should lay off the hype for a bit so it hasn't already burned out by the summer. I'm sure I'll engage in a little speculation and discussion over the months to come though.

I found out Masuda posted a Vine of him composing Sun and Moon music, here it is: https://vine.co/v/i6Yzw9x3DOW

Spooky.

The lack of info is also what opens up the games for a lot of potential, which gives rise to most of those speculation videos.. Personally, I find it exciting and fun to see what people come up with... Especially since you never know which one of them may eventually end up as truth.

In my view, a pokemon Z would be at this point obsolete on its own, since the anime and movie would already tell us the "plot" with Zygarde and it's usually the other way around..we see it in the games first and then we see it get integrated in the anime. It is probably bad marketing for them to release Z right now..thus why I'd hope we get a Kalos return as a secondary region postgame like Johto and Kanto.

P.S. that's some eerie stuff right there... Makes me think of a place akin to lavender town

Edited by Masquerain

You know guys... the last two days I was thinking about one sentence said in the Reveal announcement:

"2016 - it all comes together in an all new Pokemon adventure" -> "IT ALL COMES TOGETHER"

Now before you go: "You are thinking all regions will be available - here are 10 resons why this is unlikely" - NO, that's not what I'm thinking about! (Hardware limitations etc.)

- I'm thinking of something else - in combination with that Concept art of that Building (Hotel, Water Gym, whatever) we got.

- It shows a Trainer that looks very similar to RED - as pointed out many times!

- it is the year of the 20th anniversary of Pokemon - 20 years since RED was first playable...

WHAT IF (BIG SPECULATION - just couldn't get it out of my head):

"It all comes BACK together?"

What if - 20 years have actually passed in the Pokemon world?

Red would be 30 years by now!

We could be playing as Reds son/daughter! - and that he gave us his old adventuring clothes!

-- that's who we see in that Picture - Reds son in his old clothes!

(maybe he married Yellow - and maybe when we play as a Girl, we will have an attire similar to hers? since she never actually appeared in any game - and she is soooo cute :3)

Now disregarding any speculations on the actual location, Hawaii or Singapore or whatever , doesn't matter.

Fact is: it seems to be a tropical climate - like a holiday-resort!

maybe Red and Yellow, as a married couple, and their two twin children (both boy and girl player - the other will be one of your rivals) are actually taking a VACATION!

That Building we see is the Hotel they are staying in! (that's why that Lady has a suitcase - she is about to check in, or just checked out!)

And while the family is taking a vacation, We as the player get "bored" and set out on a Pokemon journey in this Region!

Or maybe Red got an invitation for the Pokemon League there but, gives the opportunity to his Kids, because he is now 30 and is tired of adventuring around, and he stays at the Hotel for consultantship etc.

and that would make the Hotel our "Home Town" instead of an actual town... consisting of only 4 houses^^

Oh and of course Red would be the ultimate Trainer challange post-game "Show me what you have learned, my son/daughter!" -> 'Legendary Trainer Red wants to battle!'

While I would love to fight Red again I doubt this will happen as the Pokemon world so far hasn't made such huge time skip before. Also while the manga is more faithful to the games than the anime they are not canon to the games, so Yellow doesn't exist in the game verse. Red and Misty on the other hand...

Hmm... Normally, I'd wait for the starters to be announced before jumping onto the hype train, but I'll be making a minor exception here-

Assuming this takes place in a tropical setting, the only way I could see Ice-types being integrated is on the sea floor- the only place where it would get that cold. Which means you'd have to go diving to get your Ice-type pokemon. Now, this could be really interesting in and of itself, let alone any implications this could have on the game.

Now as for the "It all comes together" thing, I'm just going to guess that there's going to be some in-game world tournament or some great mystery surrounding the entire franchise being solved. Perhaps the answer to when or how Humans diverged from pokemon, or something involving the Legendaries. I dunno. Just sounds like they're trying to bring closure to some mystery. Or finally replace Ash/Satoshi with a new lead.

So it seems to me that a lot of people are keen on the idea of whatever new region Sun and Moon takes place in having a link back to Kalos in the same way as Johto did to Kanto.

My main question about that is, is it plausible? As I've said before, every generation so far has brought something new, graphically speaking, to the table. Gen 2 brought colour. Gen 3 brought richer colour and more detail all around. Gen 4 brought 3D modelled overworlds. Gen 5 touched up on that and added the animated battles. Gen 6 brought fully 3D overworlds, interiors, and battles. Going by this pattern, one would expect something new to be brought in Sun and Moon. What that may be, I have absolutely no idea. Maybe it'll be something as small as a stylistic change.

Whatever it may be, it will presumably be reflected in the entire region. Which makes me consider how they would approach making Kalos a playable region. If there is a graphical upgrade, then would it not be a huge, and somewhat unfulfillng(?) task to recreate Kalos in a new style? Given that regions are composed of 3D models nowadays, I imagine worldbuilding is a much more intensive job than it was back in the early days, so putting an entire extra region in a modern Pokemon game would be a big bite to chew. Maybe too big? I don't know. I'm not a developer.

Of course, this is all on the assumption that there will be a graphical upgrade. Maybe not. Maybe they'll just stick with what they know, and not try to make any improvements on their modelling engine or any of that stuff, so they would just copy-paste Kalos in (which I personally would consider...questionable). We'll see.

P.S. regardless of the whole 'graphical upgrade' thing, the actual storage space of the 3DS card might end up being an issue. Wikipedia tells me they go up to 8GB. Is that enough for modelling two entire regions?

That is a very good question. Hopefully the next Nintendo Direct will give us some answers.

In my educated opinion, however, 8GB would barely be enough for 2 regions, judging from file sizes of various games with large maps of varying detail. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be enough for two regions and all the other assets, including the increasingly large amount of data reserved for the Pokemon themselves. In my opinion, it would instead be to their benefit to integrate a larger and/or more in-depth environment to explore and play with. More features, in other words.

As for the data issue, I believe that whatever they end up having in store for the 8th generation of Pokemon games, it will be too much for the 3DS's hardware. So I suspect that, 3 years from now, there will be a new handheld console with enough power to handle anything after that for a while.

I think the reason many people are expecting kalos to be involved is that volcanion is a kalos pokemon that hasn't been released yet. Also, it would make sense for the zygarde forms to be released in something relating to kalos.

You can see in the few screenshots that the graphics already look a bit more advanced than XY, even if not THAT much, they still look a bit more 3d. Every pokemon game so far holds an empty space in its size (and the size is 2gb). The 3ds has the capacity for much more than people think and it's fully plausible for us to get a 2region game. The reason why I believe we might return to Kalos is because they link a "far away region" to it, there's also the unused train station, there is the sundial and the NPC at anistar mentioning the fact that this other region has moondials. There's Zygarde and Volcanion too of course. Kalos doesn't have to be the same. It could be smaller, it could be years before xy or years after. Its plot also can be a side story like say.. looker missions, but about team flare and zygarde.

There is no concrete evidence for 2 regions at this point, but there are hints you can theorize from. Personally, I hope we get a 2 region game, it's been a while and it would make everyone happy that they won't ditch zygarde

Edited by Masquerain

I have some decent expectations of Sun and Moon because this is the 20th year of Pokémon, maybe that's just me being foolish but one can hope.

Edited by mwijsman

I'll be happy with anything on Delta episode lvl of quality and storytelling tbh

Not gonna lie I kinda disliked the Delta episode, it felt like the story telling went from 3 to 10 in just one tower visit.

sure it was interesting but the sheer amount of exposition ZInnia gave was overkill.

Maybe if they manage to avoid the infodumps but they still keep the quality of the story it would make Sun/Moon greet games

Edited by mwijsman

Well, it sure beats the lack of ..any info in XY, so if they take the story to a deeper level and balance it out throughout the entire game, it'll be lovely. There is a crapton of potential for Sun and Moon, I just hope they don't miss out on it