Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

I just hope we get a few differences with some of the Megas though. If we had a Mega Typhlosion with Drought, it would still kinda make Typhlosion a clone of Charizard. Mega Charizard-Y, if we want to be specific. If Mega Typhlosion had more speed along with attack and special attack, then that would make it more unique. I could definitely see (Mega)nium being Grass/Fairy, and Mega Serperior being Grass/Dragon along with Mega Sceptile, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

In fairness, charizard and typhlosion do have the exact same stats so it wouldn't be crazy to see similar megas.

There was this big alleged leak, covered here by TyranitarTube, a few days ago...

1VbrUGa.jpg

Warning: Giant pic^

So here's a relatively new tidbit of possibility from somebody who tried to enlarge one of the sun/moon sketches . From the looks of it, it may potentially be the moon cover legendary since it is loosely shaped like various phases of the moon. Also appears to be a bird/avian

The silhouetted mon on the boxart of the Moon leak above also resembles an avian, and they might very well be the same one...

That thing looks fake even from a single look but wellp... still was a nice watch xD . Also holy sheet, kudos to the person who made all that. Looks pretty professional ( the starters look horrible though... )

Edited by Masquerain

The timing is the first thing that tips you off. Then you have the designs that do not follow the starter rules. After that you notice how hard he tries to sell all this information with the bad imaging. This person took too much time trying to copy CoroCoro's style that they forgot what their actual goal was here. In the end, when you present such info, you don't put a million of new things together, as you are just confusing the reader. And when you see all that you can look for the edit flaws on the picture. My Japanese is essentially non-existent, but even I can see that they are writing gibberish.

A friend of mine keeps telling me about all the stuff that /vp/ on 4chan has supposedly discovered about Sun and Moon. He keeps saying that the new region will be a "South Kalos" of sorts, but I haven't seen anyone else discussing it. Any thoughts?

A friend of mine keeps telling me about all the stuff that /vp/ on 4chan has supposedly discovered about Sun and Moon. He keeps saying that the new region will be a "South Kalos" of sorts, but I haven't seen anyone else discussing it. Any thoughts?

Well, the game will be a "new" place with new pokemon ad confirmed by the pokemon site so that much is certain. Haven't seen talks about a south kalos yet, but wellp, would be nice if kalos is a postgame

P.S. @ NickCrash, by starter rules, do you mean the chinese zodiac fire, -saur grass and amphibian water? if yes, that rule is kinda broken already apart the fire types, but yea, coro coro never reveals such a shitton of info in 1 go

Apparently the games have similar colors, as XY had Red and Blue, and Sun and Moon have Gold and Silver respectively.

So they do hint towards a Johto-like experience, hence why I said it's quite probable. That said I also support this theory.

However, for the sake of the argument, I will present some clues that try to refute this case. Things that point otherwise is the completely different scenery, as shown in the trailer, and the weird totem we receive that speaks of a far-away region. Given this is a new generation, it would make little sense for completely different in terms of pokedex pokemon to live in the different parts of the same country. In Kanto-Johto there were giant physical obstacles that separate the two regions, thus forbidding pokemon from crossing. They even say they discovered it, and they validate this with Johto being a region less technologically advanced and more keen on legends, spiritual and feudal town organization etc.

If they try to do something similar to Kalos, that should include hints of war between the North and the South, to justify the separation and even the chasm between the pokedex in the two regions. It would explain the unused train, provide some backstory about how Mega Stones came into existence, but it will not say anything about the Kingdom mentioned in the library or the weird treasures we found. It's not easy just claiming South Kalos can be the new Johto, however it is feasible through certain methods only. That of course holds true in the case GameFreak decides to provide us with proper documentation and evidence for their choices. They are no strangers to lazy writing, and I am not expecting a literature masterpiece, but it will still be a great leap from their part if they decide to do so.

Well, Kalos was at war with SOMEONE...so... there's that.. , there's also the sundials + moondials. . Souvenir was from a "far away" region.. Just cause it ain't "directly" connected to kalos like johto+ kanto, doesn't mean we can't travel from there to kalos via a boat or something.. Especially if that Kalos is x years ago or x years later, we could have new areas, with a harbour or something. They really have a fudgeload of potential to bank on for the myths of sun and moon..and the kalos left more or less unfinished... But knowing game freak, they may waste it all

I just saw your edit. Only Grass is at this point kinda broken, although people would still suggest another rule. The most obvious one is the fire starter, as the candidates are few, and a Panda (even though I like the design) does not fit. If you ignore the panda, the other two are horrible and repeated designs. We already have a Water Aligator starter from gen2, which is probably getting spotlight with its Mega Evolution, and a goat/ram Grass type that's so similar to Gogoat from Gen6 it shows that these models were made years ago and they just waited for the best time to announce. Also, all 3 starters in the video share similarities (like same noses and eyes) which points that they are fake.

I highly doubt they would connect the two parts via boat or a long train journey without us exploring the routes they travel. When travelling from Johto to Kanto, even if the maps are uninspired and lazy, we walk our way through this. A place we've seen insta-travel is in Gen3 for the Sevii islands, which were extra maps in the main story to justify our getting there. Even so, the maps you could travel in every individual island all included side-stories and the only main feature was opening wireless connection with RSE by finding Ruby and Sapphire in the various ruins, plus opening some gen2 pokemon to catch. If we were to see this in Kalos (or South Kalos for that matter) we should be able to journey our way through the region and not just pull a tardis-travel from a faraway region to another just so we can fit two regions in a game.

Yeah, pretty much, their choice in animals to base starters off of was very poor. We've had a goat just recently a bear hardly fits a fire type (imo) and the water one just seemed as you said, already done for totodile

Aye, that's true indeed. While kanto/johto did have the ship ride option, you did go on foot to reach it as well.. they were connected by victory road and the paths leading to it and mount silver.. I agree it'd be lame if we'd just get a magical boat ride to it. Wellp, there's still hope, maybe places connected irl don't have to be the same in the pokemon world and vice versa

is it bad that i got a feeling that johto starters are gonna get megas :S

Well, it's gonna happen sooner or later and since we won't be seeing -another- johto remake , it will happen somewhere, might as well be the same way kanto megas happened

For those last day speculation enthusiasts before we actually get some footage (hopefully)

There's been this floating around

http://imgur.com/D3n4AEi

complete with npc dialogue about waterfalls flowing backwards which are found in hawaii as well and whatnot

That said, purely regarding this Hawaii speculation, I personally would not be too happy about a region based on yet another tropical island.. We've just had ORAS and Kalos looks bright and sunny on its own as well.. I think I'd prefer a more..northern place to base a region off of.. but certainly doesn't seem so from the little screenshot we got provided with

• Upvote 1

For those last day speculation enthusiasts before we actually get some footage (hopefully)

There's been this floating around

http://imgur.com/D3n4AEi

complete with npc dialogue about waterfalls flowing backwards which are found in hawaii as well and whatnot

That said, purely regarding this Hawaii speculation, I personally would not be too happy about a region based on yet another tropical island.. We've just had ORAS and Kalos looks bright and sunny on its own as well.. I think I'd prefer a more..northern place to base a region off of.. but certainly doesn't seem so from the little screenshot we got provided with

That just looks like another one of 4chan's deepest lore compilation images. I would take it with a grain of salt. Especially the top few images.

We need to change the scenery. There's no shame in a game where surfing is only allowed in lakes and caves. I would prefer a region based on a mountain area, since Kalos was warm enough and ORAS had... too much water (IGN we do not forget, we do not forgive). I suppose the hype on Hawaii is based on various youtubers who try to make hypotheses on the little footage we have using the most farfetch'd examples and theories, ultimately with no basis.

If I wish, I can find luxurious hotels in every corner of the earth, tropical scenery in any Mediterranean country, cockatiels and red-robins in the middle of US and Europe, and search for a yellow submarine not far from real-life Kalos. Please stop with the Hawaii hype. I was considering buying those games, but if they are indeed in Hawaii or in another tropical island, I'll just focus on internet simulators like showdown! again.