• Abra
    • Avalugg
    • Swalot
    • Magnezone

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fought Tangrowth, Abra, and Muk before they had actual PULSE forms, so only Avalugg and Swalot count for me.

With that said, the hardest for me was Swalot by far. Avalugg went down in two hits without causing much trouble, but Swalot was something else entirely.
If I hadn't brought my Light Screen Blissey and Curse + Will-o-Wisp Cofagrigus with me, it would have tanked all of my hits and 2HKO'd my entire team (which it was easily doing while taking all that Curse damage).
Blissey had to set up Light Screen so Cofagrigus wouldn't get OHKO'd by a Sludge Wave, just so it could use Curse before it fainted.

Edited by Foamy

Either Tangrowth or Swalot. Tangrowth is so bulky it's quite difficult to defeat it fast. The fact that it can use Growth to gain more power doesn't make the fight any easier, especially if you have to deal with ZEL's pokemon at the same time.

Swalot, on the other hand, recovers health and deals massive damage. I recall taking it down with Focus Sash + Destiny Bond in my first save file, since I couldn't come up with anything else at the time. Mirror Coat Electrode sure makes this fight more manageable, though.

• Developers

I've never really had trouble with Abra, Muk or Avalugg, but dear LORD did I struggle with Swalot. Maybe it's just because both plaaythroughs that I made that far I didn't have any team members prepared for it, but to this day, I have no idea how you could even begin to put a dent in it without changing to the field.

I defeated Swalot with a pretty terrifying Espeon in my last playthrough. 31 SpA IV and maxed out EVs + Mind Plate, Psychic. To top it off, it landed a critical hit.

It was rather impressive, to say the least.

(And yet the fact alone that this is what a super effective critical hit looked like is a testament to Swalot's bulk.)

In my first playthrough I had a weaker Espeon, so I had to finish the darn thing off with some Reckless Brave Birdery from Staraptor.

Hit hard or hit harder.

Edited by Ama

tangrowth is the most difficult since we did not access too many good pokes.kricketune was one of the few ways to take it out.the other pulses were a lot easier since we had many counters aivalable.i defeated all of them in one hit except tangrowth.

I started with charmander so Dragon Rage took care of all Tangrowth battles.

I don't remember Pulse Muk at all. i guess it died pretty uneventfully.

Pulse Camerupt? there was such a thing? /flush memory

Avalugg? Charizard with solar power on sunny day .. with heat wave removing the field .. so .. yah ..

Swalot, when i met it, i knew it would be the last pulse pokemon of E15, so i was expecting a nightmare. In the end it went down unexpectedly easily.... Butterfree sleep --> quiver dance spam --> he wakes up, does tiny damage with sludge bomb or whatever he did --> dream eater back to full hp, till it died..

Pulse Abra gave me the hardest time, because of that Hyper Beam.. i remember myself reseting a lot of times until i create a favorable enough situation for me.

Edited by DemICE

I honestly can't remember any of my Pulse battles in detail. I think Tangrowth was hard because I was so taken by surprise, it being the first and all. Muk was hard only because Zel had more Pokemon that just it.

I do, however, recall that I found Avalugg to be particularly easy. It wasn't a long battle.

For me the difficulty was (from hardest being 1st to least being 5th):

1.) Tangrowth - Not many options early game to fight it and Taka along with zeL supporting it in that 3rd battle urgh
2.) Muk - Protean was giving me some difficulty but I got around it
3.) Avalugg - wasn't so much hard but wasn't as easy as the others below

4.) Abra - Too easy to play against it with Hyper Beam holding it down quickly demolished it
5.) Swalott - Soak, turned it water type and sat back laughing

I used max Sp. Attack EV (But imperfect IV) Porygon2 against Swalot.

Spam Discharge -> Paralyze Swalot -> Use Recover when low on health -> Rinse and Repeat

It went down like a breeze. Discharge took out almost half of Swalot's health each hit.

PULSE Swalot was a nightmare. I ran into it on accident bc I somehow glitched during the sequence where Titania pulls the lever for you and locked myself out of the area, and was woefully unprepared. It was bulky as hell and hit like a truck, so it essentially two-shotted my entire team bc no one resists poison and most of my 'mons are pretty frail against a PULSE. And all of the damage I could do was immediately offset by the field healing it, which I couldn't get rid of...

That was the only one I struggled with, every other one was pretty easy.

Swalot was the only difficult one and it was a true nightmare at that, had to use the Seaking Soak method to cheese myself through there. I was very surprised at how much damage Swalot takes from the field once it's a water type only, I assume this is because of its water absorb ability.

Edited by eggthief

i've never made it past shade before my save corrupts, but none of the tangrowths ever really troubled me. acid spray trubbish meant the first one was swiss cheese for mon #2, early toxic spikes meant that each subsequent tangy got badly poisoned, and fire mons with flame burst for burning field piled on the DoT. The double battle tangrowth is only hard if you let it be hard, just leave taka alone (lileep is comparatively harmless), wreck ZEL, then take on Tangy Lite 2-on-1

I'd say Abra, but I don't really no why. I never understood why that thing gave me so much trouble. It was just so fast and could hit so much with it's moves. Plus (or should I say 'pulse' hehe..... I'm sorry) adding steel type made it resist a lot too.

The original PULSE Muk gave me nightmares for a week after it easily swept aside my team, but then again the new PULSE Muk is a pansy and my old team was badly prepared but the trauma still remains

1. OLD Muk

2. Tangrowth

3. Swalot

4. Icecube (gg 1 shot)

5. new pULSE muk

6. Abra (gg 1 shot)

Edited by mwijsman

Thinking about it now, I realise that I can't remember how hard most of the PULSE battles were. All I can remember for sure is that Avalugg was easy for me and, after a few tries, I managed to OHKO Swalot with a Charged Thunder while my Manectric was holding an Electric Gem. It was a good moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't fought the last two yet, but so far it would be tangrowth third round for me. First two rounds were easy since I picked charmander as my starter and it learned dragon rage. However I had left it in the pc since it was over leveled and figured I might need my HM slave. So I was forced to fight without it since no PC. I finally ended up beating it when the AI screwed up with a different pokemon by lowering my female meowstic's accuracy. Now because it has the competitive ability that in turned seriously jacked up her special attack allowing me to beat it with sheer brute strength.

Muk wasn't a problem, in fact he was so not a problem, I barely remember him.

Abra also wasn't a problem, I let it kill one of my pokemon, brought in my manectric to paralyze it and then was able to beat it down.