Things that you DONT like on Pokemon Reborn.

Karyuudan

These are just small issues I had:

- The chess puzzle, because I have only played chess once, and that was many years ago. I don't know the rules or understand them and I litterally had to have my father play Reborn with me to solve the puzzle.

- I really felt like when it was revealed that Fern was a part of Team Meteor would've fit better when they try trick Florina into thinking he was captured by them. I felt odd and not really suprised at all when he came down the stairs behind the invincible wall. It would've been more suprinsing (if even a plot twist) if we discovered his true self at Amaria's gym instead.

- I felt uncomfortable reading Titania's diary. I would'nt have done that usually, because it means stepping into someones private life which doesn't involve you (usually). I also didn't like that you were forced to do it. I think maybe if you left the gym or went into a different room and entered the room with the diary, you'd find Amaria reading it instead would've been a better option for those who (including me) didn't want to read Titanias diary.

- I didn't always understand what Terra said, because I'm not all that into the internet language or whatever she talked. (Also, I just don't understand why she'd help Team Meteor. From what I did understand, she was just a girl with a ... interesting personality, but she didn't seem like the person who'd commit crimes.)

- The characters I dislike other than Fern is Dr. Sigmund and El. I don't like crazy, creepy doctors or insane cultists. No, just no. Keep away from me.

- I don't know if anyone else experienced this, but while you're down the sewers together with Titania, if you enter a spesific room, you'll find a Pokéball containing a Pokémon in it. I don't know if its randome and I was just unlucky, but when I picked that certain Pokémon, it was a Fenniken, but I had picked a Fenniken as a my starter. It kind of bugged me, not that I am sure I would've used the Pokémon I'd recieved then (it depends, of course).

- One last thing is how brutal Titania is while you're down in the sewers with her. She murders alot of people without a care. I just felt like it was out of place. Now, I understand that she's supposed to resemble a person who isolate themselves from feelings and being attached to someone else, but the things she did in the sewers were just out of her character (in my opinion).

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- I felt uncomfortable reading Titania's diary. I would'nt have done that usually, because it means stepping into someones private life which doesn't involve you (usually). I also didn't like that you were forced to do it. I think maybe if you left the gym or went into a different room and entered the room with the diary, you'd find Amaria reading it instead would've been a better option for those who (including me) didn't want to read Titanias diary.

You won't have to worry about this in E16, as Ame says she'll change it so you're not forced to read the diary~

You can use Mist, Misty Terrain, Grassy Terrain, Electric Terrain, and soon Topsy-Turvy on gym leaders, which, let's be honest, ranges from just removing their benefits, to crippling them entirely.

North Aventurine Woods. It eats your thyme.

Luna's Bandersnatch usually destroys her field.

Aventurine Woods. It eats your lime.

The selection of prizes from the game corner is... lacking. No clue what would get added, but maybe something for E16 Reborn?

South Aventurine Woods. It eats your rhyme.

It... really doesn't feel like Terra contributes anyhting to Reborn. I'm guessing it's related to the stance on her character, though. Does that mean she's a Budew?

Edited by Cobalt996

- I don't know if anyone else experienced this, but while you're down the sewers together with Titania, if you enter a spesific room, you'll find a Pokéball containing a Pokémon in it. I don't know if its randome and I was just unlucky, but when I picked that certain Pokémon, it was a Fenniken, but I had picked a Fenniken as a my starter. It kind of bugged me, not that I am sure I would've used the Pokémon I'd recieved then (it depends, of course).

It is Fenniken for everyone, eventually all the starters will be available.

I'm not sure if this was an intentional reaction that Ame wanted us to have, but Titania murdering everybody in the Sewers didn't sit well with me. Her quote about "Team Meteor doesn't stop at anything to achieve their goals, so why should I" kind of rubs me the wrong way, too. I understand that you're angry (and probably a sociopath, if Amaria's School Diary is to be believed), but Team Meteor stopping at nothing to achieve their goals is what makes them the bad guys! You're supposed to be above all of that as a good guy!

Additionally (although that was already addressed), I don't like how the game railroads you into reading Titania's diary, but since Ame's fixing that in Episode 16, I guess it's not that big of a deal.

I'm not sure if this was an intentional reaction that Ame wanted us to have, but Titania murdering everybody in the Sewers didn't sit well with me. Her quote about "Team Meteor doesn't stop at anything to achieve their goals, so why should I" kind of rubs me the wrong way, too. I understand that you're angry (and probably a sociopath, if Amaria's School Diary is to be believed), but Team Meteor stopping at nothing to achieve their goals is what makes them the bad guys! You're supposed to be above all of that as a good guy!

Additionally (although that was already addressed), I don't like how the game railroads you into reading Titania's diary, but since Ame's fixing that in Episode 16, I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Eh, Titania murdering the Team Meteor members in the sewers never really bothered me. Team Meteor is filled with people who are ok with killing everybody to get their own world, so why should they deserve mercy? Good guys don't always have to be nice. Granted, I don't want to player to be able to just kill any old grunt because that would push the game into being super edgy. (And deprive us of EXP)

I completely agree about Titania's diary and I'm glad that it's gonna be changed.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

I also felt that way about what Tania did in the sewers. I understand that she's not supposed to be a nice good guy, but killing off the Team Meteor members/cultist makes her no different from them, even if she felt they deserved it.

I also felt that way about what Tania did in the sewers. I understand that she's not supposed to be a nice good guy, but killing off the Team Meteor members/cultist makes her no different from them, even if she felt they deserved it.

I believe she did this because she was on the verge of her anger. Saphira also murdered grunts, but because she was angry at Sigmund's actions related towards the children and her sisters. They're killing grunts because they're taking their emotions ahead of their intellect, there's nothing wrong with it, I believe.

Edited by Isa-Chu

• Developers

It just means Titania is not really a good guy. Or good girl. Which makes me like her even more. :-P

I actually really enjoyed the fact that people started to drop like flies. No matter how many times you the PC beat down Meteor Agents, they just rest their pokemon up and just keep at it. The main method of dealing with bad guys in the pokemon world just doesn't work with Meteor. They're too dogmatic and persistent and by god they JUST. WILL. NOT. STOP. until they get their way. So you have to up the stakes to get them to stop otherwise you will die still fighting these guys. Throw on top the fact that they have absolutely no problem murdering people and pokemon to get their way and you have an organization that no jury in the world wouldn't hang.

The "no different than them" argument doesn't sit well with me at all. Team Meteor literally murders innocents and is actively trying to cause apocalyptic events daily. Titania is essentially a government official and these people are literally terrorists. Do you think police shooting and killing a spree shooter makes them no better than them? What about if there were people with guns on the sidelines giving the shooter ammunition and occasionally "helping out"? The way I felt about it is that Titania was doing what I wish the PC had the option to do; Effectively dealing with a threat.

I think the discussion here is a good example of how that episode did exactly what Ame hoped it would do - look at us talking about whether or not the Meteors deserved it, whether or not we care about what happened to them, and how much or little it bothered us to see Tania killing them like that.

It's meant to make us think about the morality of the situation, and by extension, the entire war.

IMO Tania's and Taka's entire dialogue about this is meant to show us that there is no cookie-cutter-clean divide between "good and evil", and that people on any side of a conflict are capable and willing to do things that others would consider immoral.

Reborn frequently portrays gray vs. grey morality. Characters like Saphira or Titania are on "our side" as far as the story is concerned, but good isn't always nice.

The thing that many of the characters who either kill or tolerate killing have in common here is that they think they're the good guys. They think they're doing this for the greater good.

In E15, both Tania and Taka think what they're doing is helping the "right" side to win, even though they both acknowledge that their methods aren't good.

What Tania does is pointing out that she doesn't think Meteor can successfully be fought if you keep playing nice. We've already seen that characters like Solaris and Sirius don't play by the rules. They're not going to give up just because they occasionally get defeated in a couple of battles. It's a set-back to them, but they're not gonna take it as a cue to stop their endeavours.

Tania realized this, and decided that she's not going to bother with diplomacy that'll likely be wasted.

I love E15 and the whole sewer adventure for this kind of moral ambiguity.

Also, I very much liked the underlying frustration Tania shows at Taka's inability to turn his back on Meteor.

He's doing/tolerating things he doesn't really want to do, reasoning that he has to for a greater reason. I think Tania can identify with this a lot.

Edited by Ama

• Global Mods

A big part of the issue is that while Team Meteor is an extremely dangerous terrorist group, some members are noticeably either more or less fanatical than the others. On one hand there's Solaris and Sirius who are legitimately psychotic, and on the other there's Taka, Eve, and Lumi who don't even want to be there. I think it's somewhat common in fiction where a "good" character goes on a rampage and the ones in their way happen to be some of the softer enemies.

If Saphira or Titania or someone else wanted to have their Pokemon dig their claws/edge/spikes into Sirius, I'd say go for it. But if it was Taka or ZEL, then we'd have a problem.

Okay, but I can't be the only one who had the experience of playing a canon game and being confused for a moment when there's no field effects?

Apparently I got so used to the field effects that I'm instinctively trying to use them even when they're not even in the game, oops.I like them because they're really useful to me.

[and then quote went away so...]

I think the discussion here is a good example of how that episode did exactly what Ame hoped it would do - look at us talking about whether or not the Meteors deserved it, whether or not we care about what happened to them, and how much or little it bothered us to see Tania killing them like that.

I realized I wasn't taking OHKO damage while underwater.

Morality and care. Personally, I did not care, but I did find Titania's actions immoral. Sure, she was stressed from prior events, and half-starved, to boot, but... that doesn't justify the senseless murder of everyone in your way. At the very least, she tried a different approach with the last group, and (tried to) thank Taka for caring for Amaria. Still reprehensible, but changing slowly.

I actually really enjoyed the fact that people started to drop like flies. No matter how many times you the PC beat down Meteor Agents, they just rest their pokemon up and just keep at it. The main method of dealing with bad guys in the pokemon world just doesn't work with Meteor. They're too dogmatic and persistent and by god they JUST. WILL. NOT. STOP. until they get their way. So you have to up the stakes to get them to stop otherwise you will die still fighting these guys. Throw on top the fact that they have absolutely no problem murdering people and pokemon to get their way and you have an organization that no jury in the world wouldn't hang.

The "no different than them" argument doesn't sit well with me at all. Team Meteor literally murders innocents and is actively trying to cause apocalyptic events daily. Titania is essentially a government official and these people are literally terrorists. Do you think police shooting and killing a spree shooter makes them no better than them? What about if there were people with guns on the sidelines giving the shooter ammunition and occasionally "helping out"? The way I felt about it is that Titania was doing what I wish the PC had the option to do; Effectively dealing with a threat.

I really get your point, I really do. I believe that whole sewer part was meant to test us: would we care of a character representing the good side murders several of the characters representing the evil side?

Some say they didn't care if Tania did so and that Team Meteor deserved and I can agree that one shouldn't feel mercy or pity towards them.

But there is still a part of me, really deep in my heart, that says killing them off isn't the solution. It's not because I don't think they deserve it, but rather the fact that I felt that it wasn't the right thing to do.

Then again, what is right and wrong in the region of Reborn?

Last time I posted on here was sometime in 2014 but anyways...

What I don't get is why quite a few people in this comment thread have expressed not just hatred of certain characters but have gone as far as saying they are poorly written while not providing any reasons as to why they are poorly written other than disliking said characters personality or actions taken. What a BORING story Reborn would have if the characters personality and actions were made with the intention to please everyone, the characters would have to be so bland and do so little.

Anyways I actually really like Tania because she's not the emotionless killer certain people on here think she is. Tania is very clearly a damaged person with flaws just like everyone else, there's a very clear inner turmoil going on with her that she needs to resolve. I also find it weird Tania is the one everyone has a problem with for killing Team Meteor grunts when WAAAAY before now we have already seen Saphira kill legions of Team Meteor grunts without hesitation while being in a much clearer frame of mind at the time of killing... You have to remember before Tania killed those Team Meteor grunts, she was trapped down that waterfall for god knows how long, not even sure of the fate of her best friend and with this all happening just after having her whole world tipped upside down.

So why is Tania getting hate now but Saphira isn't even though she has been shown to be at least as bad as Tania if not worse?

Edited by GottaLoveShuckle

Last time I posted on here was sometime in 2014 but anyways...

What I don't get is why quite a few people in this comment thread have expressed not just hatred of certain characters but have gone as far as saying they are poorly written while not providing any reasons as to why they are poorly written other than disliking said characters personality or actions taken. What a BORING story Reborn would have if the characters personality and actions were made with the intention to please everyone, the characters would have to be so bland and do so little.

Anyways I actually really like Tania because she's not the emotionless killer certain people on here think she is. Tania is very clearly a damaged person with flaws just like everyone else, there's a very clear inner turmoil going on with her that she needs to resolve. I also find it weird Tania is the one everyone has a problem with for killing Team Meteor grunts when WAAAAY before now we have already seen Saphira kill legions of Team Meteor grunts without hesitation while being in a much clearer frame of mind at the time of killing... You have to remember before Tania killed those Team Meteor grunts, she was trapped down that waterfall for god knows how long, not even sure of the fate of her best friend and with this all happening just after having her whole world tipped upside down.

So why is Tania getting hate now but Saphira isn't even though she has been shown to be at least as bad as Tania if not worse?

I had honestly forgotten Saphira (sorry, my bad).

Something I highly dislike about Reborn is the lack of emotional connection towards deceased characters.

All through the game we hear how Corey loved his wife Elena so much to the point of losing all hope on the world when she died... So what? Why should I care about her or anything related to Corey's hatred towards the world at all? I don't know a thing or two on how she was like! She was a member of the Elite Four, according to Shelly! Heather's Salamence was apparently Elena's! I want to know so much more about her other than "She was Corey's sweet, sweet wife".

We all see Sigmund as the one crazy scientist, who uses mostly electric types because of his sister's death. But why should I care if we never hear anything about her again? Sure, she has her own grave in the Beryl Graveyard, but that's it... We don't even know who she actually was! Maybe if we knew more about her, we could actually find Sigmund relatable! (Because honestly, even though he's one of my favorite characters, his explanation on why he decided to use shock treatment to help kids out is so... awkwardly dumb.).

Even knowing who Caroline was would explain Saphira, Laura and Charlotte's behaviours. And I'm not even going to mention Radomus' wife.

There's just all those dead characters whom affected many major characters' lifes in a significative way... and we don't know nothing about them!

I really hope that the Rotom event was a sign that we shall learn more about these characters (At least Elena and Elizabeth), or else I'll be disappointed.

And I made this such a long rant, I'm sorry.