Things that you DONT like on Pokemon Reborn.

Karyuudan

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/9/2017 at 6:24 PM, Serperior said:

I don't know if this is me having terrible luck or what, but...

GOSH DARN POISON. EVERYWHERE.

I seem to have the luck of getting poisoned in almost every battle that involves a poison type. Salt.

That's one reason why I raised both a Trubbish and a Gulpin early on: grinding them instead of other Pokemon before the first gym meant I would be immune to wild Poison pokemon(in addition to countering the second gym).

• 2 weeks later...

And the quoting system is borked...oh dear.
So responding to your post about releasing tons of stuff...it would be nice for some in-game possibility to give mons you want to release to (new) trainers or so. After all, that's basically what I kinda do with bred mons in Wonder Trade. A lot of Beldums were transferred...
I wouldn't even mind getting no reward, just the knowledge they're in safe(r) hands is good enough. Or maybe explaining that 'releasing' mons is a safe thing to do for those (as it is an automated way to put them in a good environment/new trainers' hands).
But this is a problem in any pokemon game due to the mechanic.
Besides, if you do events right, you can get the IV-breeding tools (Power Items, Destiny knot) around the time you fight Shelly, even though they are expensive. That decreases the number of released mons quite a bit.

As for thing specifically in reborn...imo it does some things a little bit too harsh. Especially a specific E16-spoiler could've been done a bit milder while having the same shock-value and message. It is rather mild, as, to me, in many situations the violence seems well-justified from a story-aspect, and not quite just for the sake of violence. But when it feels overdone, it sticks out in a poor manner.