Things that you DONT like on Pokemon Reborn.

Karyuudan

To all you guys disliking Titania, her character is merely representing her type -steel :P Actually all, or most, gym leaders represent their type in some way (Terra,no, what even is that?) and for the steel personality, I think you aren't supposed to like her now as she is, but that steel will melt later on and I'm sure she will also get some char development

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Cal was a total jerk at first, but if you watch the volcano scene it's actually Magmortar who kills Medicham on his own, as Cal doesn't tell him to do it, just to catch it. For some reason magmortar just follows Solaris' orders and kills it, which is kind of weird. Though I felt like Cal was dumb in even taking that unnecessary risk and should've told the player earlier the machine was rigged.

I kind of stopped hating him after meeting blake though.

Blake is a total asshole x)

To be honest, i dislike Cal , i think he's going to betray the protagonists of the story, don't tell me why, i'm not feeling it well.

BUT , i like Taka. He's the typical character who cant say no to his parent and that drives him into much trouble and stuff. But still, i like him. Chatot is also a funny signature pokemon.

I dislike Taka. If there's one thing that I agree with Titania on, it's that he has to grow a backbone. I mean, yes, it's hard to tell your parents that what you want to do is different from their expectations of you, but covering for him would have continued the cycle, similarly to how Titania lying to Amaria both saved Amaria from the edge of despair and made her entirely reliant on her.

(Oh, also the choices. In real life, I would have had a long conversation with Taka about the matter instead of enabling him or leaving him at the mercy of his father.)

To all you guys disliking Titania, her character is merely representing her type -steel :P Actually all, or most, gym leaders represent their type in some way (Terra,no, what even is that?) and for the steel personality, I think you aren't supposed to like her now as she is, but that steel will melt later on and I'm sure she will also get some char development

For the sake of the argument, wouldn't steel type gym leader be more robotic? If Titania were to have Florinia's personality, it feels like it would make more sense in my opinion.

I dislike the field effects.

The concept makes sense, and they add something extra to the game, but therein lies my problem with them - they're just everywhere. Personally I'd rather just have them as something for 'special occasion' battles, I.E. A Gym.

Terra is probably my most hated character rn. Everything about her is just frustrating as a character. Don't get me started on how dumb it is for someone's dialogue to end with ";)".

I hate that moment when you walk into Sigmund's place (after shelly's gym) and all your friends are there and you realize everyone of your friends has a eye covered up except for Victoria and Noel.

And fucking Titania. Writing something she doesn't want other people to see out in the open on the damn table, leaving it behind for anyone to read - even the object of the material, and being super salty for the rest of her life because guess what? Someone read it. Fucking close it, come back to it, bring it with you. Don't fucking write a diary about how your relationship isn't 'real' while living in the house with said person? Holy shit.

I dislike the next poster too.

But I like the poster after that

Edited by Kaiser the great

I dislike the field effects.

The concept makes sense, and they add something extra to the game, but therein lies my problem with them - they're just everywhere. Personally I'd rather just have them as something for 'special occasion' battles, I.E. A Gym.

Uh, the Field Effects are one of Reborn's main selling points.

I dislike the next poster too.

You love me really.

Edited by SkyRunner

I dislike Taka. If there's one thing that I agree with Titania on, it's that he has to grow a backbone. I mean, yes, it's hard to tell your parents that what you want to do is different from their expectations of you, but covering for him would have continued the cycle, similarly to how Titania lying to Amaria both saved Amaria from the edge of despair and made her entirely reliant on her.

(Oh, also the choices. In real life, I would have had a long conversation with Taka about the matter instead of enabling him or leaving him at the mercy of his father.)

Titania isn't an example in matter of not being a coward though xD

I Hope Taka will face his father and team up with protagonist, we made lot of tag battle,Taka and Boomburst chatot would be great allies *-*

Terra and reading Tanias diary, I won't be very oryginal at this point.

But also, one thing that always makes me kind of frustrated is that all characters can use their mons to help them outside the battle, but the PC can't do that.

Need to get to the Meteor base? Saphira's dragonite will happily hyperbeam the gate.

Rote to Agathe City locked? Leave it to Cain's nidoking.

Releasing Heather? Shelly's yanmega can handle this.

But you? You can't get out of the goddamn nuzleaf's cage on your own.

Sure, I know what's the issue here, every player has a different team, but still, I wish my PC could do more things on their own rather than depending on other characters.

-Ev training( why is there no horde wild pokemon battles)

-Route 1( the puzzle is just too annoying)

-Route 2(cause of the lags when it is rainy/windy/sunny. clear weather is find but other weather meh the lags)

-spinel town and Chrysolia Forest( the lags before the pulse abra is liberated is just....)

-Being force to read a diary

For the sake of the argument, wouldn't steel type gym leader be more robotic? If Titania were to have Florinia's personality, it feels like it would make more sense in my opinion.

I dunno, I associate steel with being cold and hard like Titania, Rini's robotic persona is also scholarly/smart-sciency so it kinda fits grass more than steel. Steel is usually heavy brute force , toughness.

And ... Florinia didn't used to be a robotic person but she is now due to Titania-related events

There is a lot of people who don't like to read the Diary , personally I don't see any problem at all.

For me , what kills the game are 3 things:

1 - Reborn Region Map to small on your backpack and no way to zoom it.

2 - Lag , god damn lag.

3 - To many events that give away Pokemon for free , instead of make you hunt for it.

I honestly love everything about Reborn , but there's only one thing that annoys me a little bit but it's not a total problem. Sometimes when i reach particular areas the game starts to lag a little bit, especially when there's the evil plant thorns.

Other than that everything is perfect.

EV training is easier in Reborn than it is in any pregen 6 game IMO since you get the power items so early on. Speed training especially is CAKE and takes like 15 minutes max..

Gen 6 sure did spoil people :P

Oh this is a minor oversight, but after rescuing Heather as you're leaving Sigmund's office, the part where Anna goes "Come on ____ you're such a slowpoke, you could be a slowbro - no even a slowking" you're positioned like you came out of the hallway with the computer locks and not from the left corner stairs where you actually were. It's really silly looking.

Also Anna having Megaslowbro would be a nice call back to that line.

• 2 weeks later...

My surface opinions on various characters mentioned:

Fern: At first he was just annoying, then he became despicable, and now he's just... pathetic. After he joined meteor, I think losing to the PC so much has injured his pride so much, he's looking high and low for something to help him think he's the best. Apparently he's been trailblazing through the league, but the one person he can't beat is you.

Titania: She's got the kind of personality that I just don't like. I liked the term 'edgelord'. I'm not sure what her whole backstory is, but I feel like I don't want to learn it at this point. She gets pissed at you for leaving her diaries lying around for anyone to read, and then demands you help her sort out her issues because it's somehow your fault(I hated the water treatment puzzle X_X). Just trying to get HMs and get my badges lady, jeez.

Bennett: I don't like Bennett, simply because he's manipulated so easily. El plays him like a fiddle the whole time, he's got a disturbing obsession with Luna, and try's to prove he's better than you, or that's how I interpreted it.

Sigmund: I have a softspot for the mad-scientist archetype, i'm not entirely sure why. But I didn't feel a sense of urgency when he took Heather, he's cold, calculating, and doesn't let morality get in the way of his choices. He's a good representation of the archetype.

This is just a small gripe, but sometimes I hate the way depth compared to character is. It took me way to long on how to figure out certain puzzles because of the strange way distance and depth is portrayed in game.

Victoria's original blandness and nuisance issues.

The only major issue I have with EV training is that its really hard to find anywhere to train for Sp. Def, since most pokemon that give effort values for this stat are unobtainable, rarely encountered or are event pokemon. Hopefully tentacool becomes something we can catch with a rod in episode 16.

At this rate, the PULSE Pokemon are pretty easy to cheese once you figure out the right strategy, mostly for the fact that all of them are super-strong super-fast super-bulky special attackers, with the exception of PULSE Avalugg. Mirror Coat for days, mate.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I hate about is reborn is the lack of decent pokemon. Almost all the good ones are only available through events or they aren't available in the wild. Heck, my entire team is made out of event pokemon.

Edited by Skullgasher