Things that you DONT like on Pokemon Reborn.

Karyuudan

I'm not one to complain (ha ha not true) but even i have issues with some parts of the game namely:

The Player character's butter fingers

This also some of the "automatic" choices the player makes that i personally would never consider (that being said i understand those are needed to progress in the story)

What I don't like is that the game started out super challenging, only to end up getting more and more nerfs, sometimes to the point where not even fields help a gym leader be anything more than a joke.

I'll also join the adventurine forest -hating club

and these two, the Aventurine Forest is literally the place i dislike most in the game, mainly because of the puzzles (they're not difficult but a little confusing and too many imo)

P.S.

RAWR

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things bother me more than anything else does:

-The level cap just after Corey. Unless you've been doing some serious grinding, you are not going to be level 30 yet. Hit Lapis Ward and suddenly everyone is mid-30s? What? The Grand Hall trainers can't even help you catch up because they're that level as well and often worse to battle than the regular trainers about. (I'd gripe about their level jumps too, and also that clown at the circus with the full EV trained team that's supposedly "good" for grinding... but I don't feel up to people bitching at me because of it.)

-Chrysolia Forest. I have always, always hated that damn place. The amount of time I spend just trying to get through the damn thing even now when I've done it so many times before is ridiculous. I actually don't even want to leave Spinel Town once I get through the first time, so I only have to go through it once more to leave.

The diary thing bothers me too now that it's been mentioned, I'm not really one to invade someone's privacy like that. Though that does beg the question of why in the blue hell Titania is writing in it in the middle of the goddamn living room when Amaria can come back at any time. Really not a good way to keep its contents a secret, is it? Even if she's not the sort to go snooping around either?

...wow, this post came across as more aggressive than I intended. Oops.

P.S. Also it's Aventurine- there is no D there. Seriously. I know you don't like it but please spell it right. OTL

...Actually, does people typoing Radomus' name as Randomus count as something I can dislike about Reborn?

Oops, I guess that place and Celestinine are often misspelled :o

@wytch_doctr: there are some who aren't but idk how far you are so I don't want to spoil anything

I'm done with E15, so I wont get spoilt.

Ame might be the Champion for all we know. DJ Arc is in the E4 (from what I heard), Victoria is probably the reserve Fighting Gym leader now, and other than that the Team Meteor peeps and the Aqua/Magma gangs really don't count as characters we get to meet and know.

Edited by wytch_doctr

Funny thing is, Ame hates Terra as well. I'm actually really, really curious as to why. I'm guessing there was bad blood between the two back in the online league days?

I don't think it was something about bad blood between the two. I think it is more Ame feels like she loses a lot of brain cells every time she writes one of Terra's lines...

Edited by mde2001

Hmmm... What event does Titianna's diary already unlock ?

What I personnaly dislike (a bit) is that some event pokemon appears only at certain time at a certain weather if you talked to a certain person. Those pokemon are REAL event pokemons, but having to wait multiple weeks to get an event without cheating for a certain type of weather is meh. (Had two weeks in a row without any sunny weather)

Another little thing that bothers me are that we still need HM slaves like Bibarel, when the game is fairly hard, so you have to fight with 5 pokemons, except maybe in gyms, but the 6th pokemon will be weaker cause you needed Bibarel and couldnt trained it.

And finally, Chrysolia forest. I personnaly like puzzles, like Shelly's bookcase thing or the railway switches, but wandering aimlessly in Chrysolia Forest to wait that that annoying tree teleports away isnt quiet what I prefer.

Else, the game is fantastic, best pokemon fangame I ever played.

I don't really have many complaints tbh. Sure, Chrysolia Forest is annoying - but I love the music there, so it doesn't bother me too much. Same with Aventurine Forest. As for the diary, yeah I wouldn't do it in real life obviously, but... I didn't know that lots of people will be upset by this. I just thought of it as a simple procedure to continue with the storyline and nothing more/less.

The thing that bothers me the most is probably the lag (specifically in Route 2).

1 - Lag. There's soo much lag... Maybe my computer tho... But there are some placer where even with speed hack its very laggy. This is by far the worse thing in the game...

2 - Route 2 puzzle was excessively slow and boring... Not hard, not challenging. Only slow and boring.

3 - I get it: the city is destroyed. But the pathways are so clumsy... Its really hard to get from one place to another (and especially if it's in a laggy area);

But the game is awesome.

I hate route 1 and 2 puzzles. At this point I don't find those puzzles intellectually challenging, just boring and annoying and way too long.

Mystery egg. Damn mystery egg.

The fact that all gym leaders are important in the storyline, and that most of them are little kids, who seriously don't have any way to be a proper gym leader.

Terra. God dammit Terra.

The event pokemon are kind of ways to get pokemon in the beginning. Due to the pollution in the city there aren't much wild ones, so there has to be a way to get them otherwise, right?

What I find kind of annoying (and kind of strange) is how every single character you meet is a Gym Leader, Reserve Gym Leader, E4 or is going to be/was a gym leader/reserve gym leader. As far as you know, everyone with any relevance to the plot is a gym leader. Anyways, i dunno if its just me .

To be fair, there's an explaination for this. Most of those major characters are based off of real people, who were all gym leaders in real life.

Ame might be the Champion for all we know. DJ Arc is in the E4 (from what I heard), Victoria is probably the reserve Fighting Gym leader now, and other than that the Team Meteor peeps and the Aqua/Magma gangs really don't count as characters we get to meet and know.

She wont be the champion because she stated that she didnt even wanna insert herself in the game, but in the end resolved to being the professor figure

Hmmm. Nice thread. Le'ts begin with something simple. Some bad writing:

-Charlotte / Heather / insertoterchar took the leader/E4 job from their mother. Well that's damn lazy writing. It makes no sense. A. Stuff wouldn't work that way in reality. B. The kids are based on the old league leaders. These real kids didn't land there because parents. And all pairs of parent-child or sibling groups are already well explained in the game.

-Bennett in Iolia Valley. I find it awfully written as well. Summary: "Now I'll say a super-stereotypical offensive detestable line because I'm the bad guy here. Now I will say some more of these lines. I must be the most blatantly dumb potential rapist I can be. I have to look as simplistic and as bad as possible. Insert moar lines that are horrible in any way!" Seriously. I don't know the real Bennett's interractions with Luna, but in the game, it's terribad.

-Cain and Aya. After you come out of the Slums and meet with Amaria in Coral, Cain pops out to grab his Oshawott. He says he got sidetracked and has a meeting with his sister in the Wasteland. When these two talk in Agate, they mention that they haven't seen each other since Cain left home.

-Cal's reasoning: "I've broken the PULSE beforehand. We're 4 vs 2, with one opponent being the always unwilling Taka and the other being the object-oriented Solaris. Hm. Let's throw Medicham in the lava". Allthough I don't blame Ame for that. I blame Cal. I hate Cal.

-Titania's everything. That's Titania's fault though, her league character and interraction propably was terrihorribad anyway.

Nice thread. I'll be back.

Three thing majorly I can think of: lag n the city (specifically peridot-opal-obsidia-connections), the diary-sequence (due to forced reading) and that god damn Galvantula-web-puzzle in the woods. The latter is not due to how difficult the puzzle is in itself, but the amount of times you realize you didn't buy enough honey so yo have to go back and AARGH!

A minor thing (purely aesthetical) I'm just a little iffy about is that the soundtrack is all remixes with a lot going on in them. Some moments just need only a little...think about the track 'Emotion' from genV, for example.
What we now have in the game is mainly complex tracks (which I like, don't get me wrong) or no sound at all...a way of looking at it is that the current sountrack of the game doesn't address frailty enough, while, especially in this game, we're constantly reminded of it. (deaths, depression...)
(I'm not sure if the Beryl Bridge-music does suffice to what I address, I can't remember it well enough)

Edited by laggless01

• Global Mods

It's not confirmed that Arclight is in the E4. Some people think he is, but it's never been stated in-game. All we know in-game is that he runs the nightclub.

Why don't Team Meteor count? Sigmund, Blake, and Lin aren't Gym Leaders (and were never mentioned to be in the past), and I doubt any of them are E4 either.

I think bennet being deplorable is fitting for a bug user. Many people, especially girls, find bugs repulsive and weird, which bennet definitely gives off. Bugs are very intense in their focus on completing a task they seek to do(scouting for food, building tunnels etc) , and Bennet is very obsessed with his bug type interest and Luna for better or worse.

The metamorphosis aspect of him hasn't reached it's full due yet, but I'm sure we're going to see it later on in the story.

I don't think he's that terribly written, like he's unlikable yeah, but he's kind of supposed to be, at least for now.

Here's my opinions on a few of the less popular characters, in a quick list form.

Fern- Ah Fern, the character we are supposed to hate. In all honesty, the first few encounters with Fern were tolerable, as he felt like a classic rival who believed themselves to be better than you. As time went on, I began to notice that Fern was becoming kind of twisted. After Corey, I sort of hated Fern, but eventually got over it. Now, he's a villain, which feels a little out of place in my opinion.

Bennet- Bennet is another character who I feel like I'm supposed to hate, but really am not. I feel like he was defiantly played as a pawn, and now, is having a hard time trying to rejoin the good guys, so to speak. Bennet has a chance to become a major player in the events to come, and I feel like he may have some redemption.

Cal- I really can't tell if I should like Cal or not. I guess, the game is trying to have me forgive him, but I need to see more of him before I do.

Sigmund- I know a lot of people hate Sigmund for being brutal, evil, or heartless, but frankly, I think he makes a great villain. His pursuit of science make me think of the classic mad scientist types, while his tragic story make me think of him as a tragedy.

Titania- My issue with Titania is her personality. She just feels like an "edgelord." Her bland personality leaves much to be desired, and her brutal nature makes me feel like she's more of a monster than most of Team Meteor. Plus, she reminds me of one of my least favorite characters from Fairy Tail... I mean, come on, they share the same name.

Terra- No. Just, no.

Aah, character things... I wanna join iiiin~

Bennett - Honestly, I have this hypothesis that one problem with Bennett is that he is kind of used to having people give him what he wants.

We know that Serra gave up a lot of things so she could take care of her son. She tells us as much, and it's obvious that it was a huge personal sacrifice. She put Bennett above everything, even if it clearly makes her life less satisfying.

And El apparently handed him the E4 job, and even though he says it's because he saw the boy's battling prowess, that just seems like an excuse. But point is, Bennett gets his dream of joining the league leaders pretty much handed without the effort that it should probably take him (it doesn't even look like he and Laura had to hold any sorts of tests to compare who is more fit for the position. Since Laura gets her news of being kicked quite sudden and without any warning.).

I feel like he is, in a way, spoiled, and has difficulties accepting that Luna can't / doesn't want to give him exactly what he wants from her. They might have been friends of some sorts when Luna stayed with Serra, who knows. But Luna doesn't want anything more, and Bennett probably has difficulties with letting that get through to him. But I think Monochrome_Complex put it pretty well with the word "Metamorphosis". I think he's gonna get character development for the better.

Fern - I thought I'd hate this guy. After the comments he made about Corey, I really thought I'd hate him. But somehow I don't. Let's face it, he's a jerk, but he's also so desperate. If anything, then his interactions with other characters (mainly Florinia, but also a bit Solaris) in E15 show that he's cracking.

I'll stick to my hypothesis that Fern has always been feeling greatly underappreciated and frustrated.

First of all, he's always just second-best (at best). He's overshadowed by his sister, who gets to be gym leader while he is "only" the reserve. Then he starts the league challenge, only to find you always at roughly the same level of progress, and always, always beating him. You simply are the better trainer.

Really, everything about the way Fern presents himself screams "Pay attention to me!". Perhaps he doesn't even mind if it's negative attention. He just wants people to give it to him.

Speaking of the PC being better than him - his response to Solaris commenting on your talent? "It's not all about [x], you know?"

He's gone and joined Team Meteor, and he's on his presumably first important mission with them - and then he fails to win against you again, and his boss pays all the attention and compliments (as far as Solaris compliments his enemies, anyway) to you. Feels bad, man.

And then there's the stuff that supposedly happened at Onyx, the whole story about Florinia and Titania and the things that made Rini the way she is. He claims he doesn't care, but really? I think it must have affected him more than he's willing to admit.

I think Fern's character development part is due very soon.

Sigmund - Oh I love that guy. Yes, he's got questionable morality and clearly, he's not a responsible therapist/doctor. But a real bad guy? Nah. He's said as much - he is working with Meteor because he wants to figure something out. I guess it's safe to say he's still trying to work out the truth behind Lin. I mean, we know that Sigmund and Saphira recognize her. I'll be damned if Sigmund isn't staying with Meteor for the sole purpose of understanding what's going on with that leader of theirs. And I kinda feel like we might have more of an ally in him than we're supposed to think (or want). He already told us he thinks Meteor's goals and methods aren't to his taste. He has his own little agenda.

Titania - I feel like I'm supposed to like her. Or at least supposed to think that she's cool or anything. But nah, I don't. I do like that characters like her or Saphira give us a taste of "not everyone who is on your side is a good person" and "war is brutal" or something. Not everyone is nice and friendly and respects their enemies. But there's really barely anything that makes Titania a likable character to me. There were a couple of brief moments that I liked in E15 - I liked it when she gave Taka a piece of her mind on his unwillingness to make a clear stand on his loyalty. The part where she basically tells him that someone in his position needs to "man up" and make up his mind, instead of letting others dictate his actions. I liked their interactions because Taka also gave us some great lines directed at Titania. Their exchanges were meaningful and made reasonable points.

But other than that, I don't like anything about the was Tania interacts with others, including you. And unlike with characters such as Fern or Bennett, I don't really get the feeling that she's gonna have any sort of revelation about her actions, or change her ways. Her personality as a cold and condescending person who cares about nothing besides herself and Amaria feels set in stone.

I suppose we'll get backstory eventually, seeing how it's all mixed up with the stories of Rini, Amy, Fern and Julia. But even if she gets a solid backstory to explain her current personality, that doesn't exclude her from needing some serious character development. If she's a main character (and I count the leaders as main characters), she shouldn't be static.

Edited by Ama

I dislike the inaccuracy of the weather report.

This week, the weather report said that there will be a storm mid-week. It rained a little on Monday, and was clear since then.

I already have 7 badges, and I still have not gotten Blitzel or Tynamo because of the lack of storms... (I want Tynamo so badly)

I thought Cal was a total jerk at first, but if you watch the volcano scene it's actually Magmortar who kills Medicham on his own, as Cal doesn't tell him to do it, just to catch it. For some reason magmortar just follows Solaris' orders and kills it, which is kind of weird. Though I felt like Cal was dumb in even taking that unnecessary risk and should've told the player earlier the machine was rigged.

I kind of stopped hating him after meeting blake though.