Things that you DONT like on Pokemon Reborn.

Karyuudan

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but I personally dislike how you return to the last healing station (whether it be a pkmn center or just a little healing statiions set up my team meteor or w/e) that you used instead of to the nearest one. It just annoys me that I don't have to worry about healing my party up, but if I lose a battle and the last place I healed is on another island or what have you, that I have to make that trek back over to where I was before.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but I personally dislike how you return to the last healing station (whether it be a pkmn center or just a little healing statiions set up my team meteor or w/e) that you used instead of to the nearest one. It just annoys me that I don't have to worry about healing my party up, but if I lose a battle and the last place I healed is on another island or what have you, that I have to make that trek back over to where I was before.

To be fair normal pokemon games do this to and you just need to heal whenever you see a pokemon center to avoid this.

nothing honestly. it's great as is for me.

but if i had to nitpick, it's the scarcity of money. sure, the game is 41940135924x more challenging with less money, it's preventing you to hoard hyper potions and the like in your bag. some people would decide to just NOT spend their money at ALL, like me. but then the game takes you where there's random wild pokemon everywhere like the Wasteland, Azurine Island and South Adventurine Woods etc. and when you decide to buy repels, they run out WAY faster than normal because you're going around in circles. part of why i decided not to get event Heracross/Pinsir and defeat Bigglesworth.

but if i had to nitpick, it's the scarcity of money. sure, the game is 41940135924x more challenging with less money, it's preventing you to hoard hyper potions and the like in your bag. some people would decide to just NOT spend their money at ALL, like me. but then the game takes you where there's random wild pokemon everywhere like the Wasteland, Azurine Island and South Adventurine Woods etc. and when you decide to buy repels, they run out WAY faster than normal because you're going around in circles. part of why i decided not to get event Heracross/Pinsir and defeat Bigglesworth.

I wouldn't say money is scarce... I mean in the beginning of the game it really is, but as the game progresses trainers give a ton of money, and some of the sections of the game are massive money dumps like Sigmund's orphanage where you get about $3000 per battle, and basically every section with a lot of team Meteor battles after the Beryl ward.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

ohh. well that's great to know. i just kept telling myself that money really is hard to receive the whole time. and i rarely spend, so i didn't really notice.

that explains the sudden increase of my pokeyen after battling Radomus.

in that case i love Reborn and there's not really anything i dislike about it!

Personally, I love how you even have the option to get Pokemon thru events. They have little stories of their own, which makes me more interested in the game. It's also refreshing having to not walk back and forth at a certain spot just to be able to get that one Pokemon you want to make part of your collection.

As for things I DON'T like about Pokemon Reborn:

1) Speed. I mean, sure you get a bicycle later on, but it's still so SLOW. And then the Surf takes forever to move. Wish there was a key that functioned like the Spacebar for the emulators of older versions of Pokemon.

2) That Growlithe Event. I dislike the notion of chance. One out of eighteen Pokemon from the list.. Meh. Lottery for other currency or prize items are fine and dandy but when you're not even sure what Pokemon you're getting... you can't help but get disappointed if it turns out to be a Pokemon you could get later (for collectors) or you plainly just don't want.

3) Not being able to get back to pre-Agate Circus Town until you finish Episode 15. :feelsgn:

1) Speed. I mean, sure you get a bicycle later on, but it's still so SLOW. And then the Surf takes forever to move. Wish there was a key that functioned like the Spacebar for the emulators of older versions of Pokemon.

Use can use things such as " RM FPS Control " which is a program that speeds up your game quite a bit.

Link in the spoiler if you're curious.

As much as I love the concept of field effects, some of the boosts given to a rather wide range of attacks are just way too high. Like, most of the field effects give boosts equivalent to equipping a Choice item, that's completely insane. I also think some of the interactions between field effects could be simplified so it's not as convoluted and easier to remember (for example, why tf does the rainbow field even exist? Rain Dance should just trigger rainy weather even when used in the super heated field imo)

Edited by LordWallace

She punted Aya into the circus last time how far is that?

I haven't played any farther than that in like 2 months

If I remember correctly, that means you have 9 badges out of 13.

Trust me, if you hate Terra now, you're only going to hate her even more when you actually have get around to battling her. It's not that she's particularly difficult, but... I think you'll understand what I mean when you get to that point.

If I may! A plot spoiler for the veeeeery end of E15:

The fact that Amaria lost her memories of Titania's true feelings in the end. And yes, being forced to read the diary to progress is kinda... garbage. Maybe I'm preemptively judging this since future plot may explain a bit more (and maybe I'm salty about PULSE Swalot, who knows,) but I can kinda level with Titania on this one. Her frustration is shared with me, but it's probably so much deeper. Imagine jumping off a waterfall and sitting in the same room for a few days, waiting for some kid who you just met to help you out, being forced to stay stationary by the potential army of cultists and Team Meteor Grunts would probably grate on the nerves, and on top of that, there's probably some emotional distress from seeing your best friend jump off a waterfall, and not knowing whether the people in the sewers have her injured body or her corpse.

But then after all that stress, Titania expected to go free, but, uh... it was all for naught.

Maybe I can relate because I've had to forcibly cut ties with someone with an intense emotional dependency on me. WHO KNOOOOOWS?!

I dislike Taka. If there's one thing that I agree with Titania on, it's that he has to grow a backbone. I mean, yes, it's hard to tell your parents that what you want to do is different from their expectations of you, but covering for him would have continued the cycle, similarly to how Titania lying to Amaria both saved Amaria from the edge of despair and made her entirely reliant on her.

(Oh, also the choices. In real life, I would have had a long conversation with Taka about the matter instead of enabling him or leaving him at the mercy of his father.)

I also agreed with Titania on this point, and refused to battle him, even though it was kind of a damn tough choice. But I will vouch for the other side and say Taka's in... a pretty tough spot. There's two likely outcomes of him running from his position as a Meteor Admin:

1. Solaris hunts him down. Literally. He's shown no qualms about murdering multiple people on multiple occasions, but since Taka is his son, he might not try to kill him. At the very least, though, there would be (probably really intense) repercussions for not doing his job AND embarrassing Solaris as a high-ranking member. This, however, is proooobably not the most likely of the two consequences, as having Solaris out of commission to hunt down his son is probably not an option at that point.

2. Taka is replaced by someone far less sympathetic like, say, Sirius. Without Taka, it wouldn't have been possible to progress and save Titania at the same time, and Amaria would either have been killed, or have succumbed to her wounds, if not held as another bargaining chip. Not to mention Taka letting you out of the cage if you refuse to fuel Fern's ego. So by removing Taka, that removes a huge asset for the protagonist. But, uh, this puts Taka at more emotional and physical risk, since it seems like the Meteor members are at least aware of his shenanigans.

Wonderful outcomes for a stressful situation! But yeah, it's a shame you don't have time to have a looooong discussion with Taka. Dude needs a hug!

-Everyone seems odd on a scale from moderately unstable to completely insane

-Sometimes the game will ask me to take sides, but since nobody is remotely normal, it feels like this:
boxerhockey_segment2.png

-Some points in the game lack goons/ordinary trainers inbetween leader-types

-Difficulty curve is pretty much reversed; my bumhole was clenched harder than a neutron star all the way until after Corey, now I sweep leaders with half a team

-The 'battle-a-single-mon-that's-20-levels-above-you' things don't work for me. Either you luck them down with smaller hax, or you do some destiny bond or perish song bs to win. I guess you could take it as a puzzle, but in the end the easiest way to bypass it won't make any additions to your teams, and will make you rely on a gimmick, instead of driving the team you already run (extended or otherwise)

-In a game that stretches over 40 hours of playtime, some characters return so late after being introduced, I completely forget who they are

-Incidentally, I have a hard time feeling any sense of urgency saving them when they jump off a waterfall etc

-Why does everyone follow Titania? is it because she is the most crazy and murderous of them all? I know she's super powerful and as the underdogs they need that, but nobody seems phased that she kills 10x as many people as the main baddie

-The field effect system is super great, but every time you encounter it, it's because it plays to your opponent's advantage.

-Reborn shares the problem of the official games, in that Team Antagonists is largely unopposed despite committing actual terrorism yet is also largely foiled by a group of 4-5children. If there is no police and the de facto powerholders are the elite 4/leaders, why aren't they doing anything? What political reason do they have to not get involved?

I hate being all negative, so here are some plusses, in short:

+The gorgeous environment

+The dialogue is near consistently great

+Barring minor things, the story is also great

+Scarcity of pokemon/gamebreakers

+Some characters are fleshed out enough for you to care what happens to them(and in extension, the plot)

+The feeling you get after finally beating that leader that was consistently pushing your ship in

+The antagonists largely avoid being absurdly evil (At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Fern showed up in a suit of flayed trainers)

For such a large, fanmade game, I'd say it's probably the best I've played. Well done!

Not tom mention that after the third gym badge, you can rebattle trainers in the Centrall Hall (Opal Ward). On saturday, a couple with 4 not fully evolved pokemon will give you almost 4k every time you beat them. Easy way to be able to buy all the power items for breeding.

I don't have anything that OMG I HAAAAATE THIS THING REBORN SUCKS, but the items in the Market are kinda scarce on the beginning of the game.

Yeah, that's one negative, but the more you play, money is more common because more trainers etc, + you don't really need to buy as much things if you plan ahead or play really cautiously.

2. Taka is replaced by someone far less sympathetic like, say, Sirius. Without Taka, it wouldn't have been possible to progress and save Titania at the same time, and Amaria would either have been killed, or have succumbed to her wounds, if not held as another bargaining chip. Not to mention Taka letting you out of the cage if you refuse to fuel Fern's ego. So by removing Taka, that removes a huge asset for the protagonist. But, uh, this puts Taka at more emotional and physical risk, since it seems like the Meteor members are at least aware of his shenanigans.

Taka is one of my favorite characters. I really hope he plays an extremely large role later in the story.

in previous episodes i didn't like the fact that the money were so limited and i needed cotton candies.however i found a day when i won an pp up at the lottery and kept doing that by switching the date and made money by selling them.now there is no need for that because there is someone who has become a money source:THE AGATE CIRCUS CLOWN.The most loved character of Reborn at the moment

Honestly the thing that I am the saltiest about is Bunnelby's encounter rate having been dropped from 34% to 5%. I can't get behind the idea of making wild Pokemon that rare; either make wild Pokemon relatively common or axe them altogether if you don't want players to use it.

It makes more sense to have rarer encounter rates in areas where there are like 8 different species.

I also somewhat dislike the overall lack of options available to the player in the earlier stages of the game. I can get behind delaying good TMs and move tutors, but half of the shitty move tutors in 7th Street and Agate Circus should be available earlier.

Edited by dondon151

money is actually very easy to come by, for some reason grimer has 5% chance of holding a nugget, becomes 20% chance if you have a pokmon with compound eyes leading the party. And compound eyes works even if the pokemon is fainted.

then catch pokemon with frisk, noibat is available early, put it in second then start fishing. if the grimer doesnt have nugget, run. if it does steal/catch it, if it has sticky hold you cant steal, you have to catch it. you can get about 10 nuggets an hour this way