Things that you DONT like on Pokemon Reborn.

Karyuudan

People seem to really despise Charlotte for her actions(?) for some reason, though I don't really see what the deal is?

In all honesty, I don't really care for Charlotte. Sure, her backstory was sad and all, but her personality don't really reach me. It's not that I hate her, rather that I don't care for her. She tries to be all "grown-up" when she isn't really, which is the only feature of her that annoys me.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Global Mods

I think Viri was just saying that she's made irrational decisions, not that she's made bad decisions morally.

I think the only characters in Reborn free from dumb decisions right now are Shelly, Ciel, Terra, Lin, and Arclight.

Shelly because she hasn't ever been put into a position where she needed to take initiative. She's too passive to do that.

Ciel because she's one of the least involved with the plot and has only ever interacted with the other circus trio (Samson shutting off the computer without knowing what would happen is possibly dumb).

Terra because she doesn't make decisions to begin with, she just memes.

Lin because she's only had one appearance and was extremely competent during it.

Arclight for similar reasons to Ciel.

EDIT: Actually maybe Noel too.

Again, which bad decisions are you referring to?

If anything after the revelation in EP15

that Solaris was the one to burn down their house and not Charlotte

She has become a tragic character who beats herself up due to something that wasn't actually her fault.

Edited by Tartar

I think Viri was just saying that she's made irrational decisions, not that she's made bad decisions morally.

I think the only characters in Reborn free from dumb decisions right now are Shelly, Ciel, Terra, Lin, and Arclight.

Shelly because she hasn't ever been put into a position where she needed to take initiative. She's too passive to do that.

Ciel because she's one of the least involved with the plot and has only ever interacted with the other circus trio (Samson shutting off the computer without knowing what would happen is possibly dumb).

Terra because she doesn't make decisions to begin with, she just memes.

Lin because she's only had one appearance and was extremely competent during it.

Arclight for similar reasons to Ciel.

EDIT: Actually maybe Noel too.

I think you forgot Serra.

• Global Mods

Again, which bad decisions are you referring to?

If anything after the revelation in EP15

that Solaris was the one to burn down their house and not Charlotte

She has become a tragic character who beats herself up due to something that wasn't actually her fault.

...oh, I actually can't think of any off the top of my head. I'm sure Viri had something in mind, though.

I think you forgot Serra.

Serra let her son go off with some guy that literally just walked into their house offering to make him an Elite 4. Wouldn't most people think that's too good to be true? (not sure why she didn't recognize him as an E4 to begin with, but since she didn't, she should've been WAY more suspicious)

...oh, I actually can't think of any off the top of my head. I'm sure Viri had something in mind, though.

Serra let her son go off with some guy that literally just walked into their house offering to make him an Elite 4. Wouldn't most people think that's too good to be true? (not sure why she didn't recognize him as an E4 to begin with, but since she didn't, she should've been WAY more suspicious)

It's not about what she thinks, it's what about Bennet thinks. I mean at some age, you have to trust your children to make decisions on their own. I consider Bennet around the age of 16~18 . I consider this the age at which parents should entrust their childs with responsibility. Allowing a 16 year old to go on his own advanture is actually quite normal in this universe, in fact he is a bit behind the curve. The choice of allowing him to travel with someone who is seemingly more responsible is a good thing all things considering. I mean when Ell introduced himself, he seemed quite polite, concerned about his daughter and seemed to be a friendly person. So she probably has a good first impression of him. So he is not someone to whom she consider a bad person at first sight, we just know better.

The only thing quite concerning is the offer to becomie an E4. However Bennet is a good trainer all things considering and has the potential to become a very strong trainer. So if someone is offering him the teaching to become as strong as an E4 member then I would think that this might be true. Again Bennet trust him to realise that potential and this is probably a one time opportunity. So who is she to deny her son to grow to his full potential?

Basically it comes down to this : She may not completely trust Ell, but she doesn't completely distrust Ell and Bennet is at the age to make his own decisions. So she trust Bennet's decission. In hindsight it was wrong, but hindsight is 20/20.

The introduction text could be a bit better (before a train went boom, that part). Just something about 'the armageddon' just sticks out in a bad way, maybe 'the event' would give a bit more mystery to it.
Speaking of (not part of the subject), we know some of the stuff that happened in that, but not what exactly happened...Maybe we get an explanation in the future?

Heather.

Is in the Elite four.

At 9.

*screams*

But she inherited all of her mother's Pokemon... So it's not really a question of her strength since she proved that she was as strong a trainer as her mother.

But she inherited all of her mother's Pokemon... So it's not really a question of her strength since she proved that she was as strong a trainer as her mother.

And how does that make any sense?

She's NINE yet she's as good as her 30 something mother?

I call hax someone sort this damn league out.

but like radomus more, right

Heather is a more recent discovery Edited by DerogatoryTrainer

And how does that make any sense?

She's NINE yet she's as good as her 30 something mother?

I call hax someone sort thus damn league out.

THIS!

I can accept children as gym leaders, but not as an elite 4 member. It simply makes no sense.

• Global Mods

I don't get why her being 10 would make it impossible for her to be Elite 4 level. I think what would be more confusing is her being E4 despite how sheltered she was by Corey. Corey never really let her go anywhere or do anything. I doubt she was allowed to just train whenever she wanted, and she said Corey didn't let her battle him. My best explanation for that is that if she inherited her mom's Pokemon, they would already be extremely powerful by default given they were owned and raised by an E4. Someone who's never battled before could be given a Master Ball and catch a legendary with it, and they'd beat most Gym Leaders even though they have no experience because what they're using is that strong. Furthermore her team is hyper-offense so it's not like she's a genius strategist, she just has the power to tear through almost anything. But she might have watched Corey's battles and learned from those too.

It's been said by a few NPCs in the main series that age has nothing to do with battling. One in particular I remember was an ace trainer on the route before Veilstone in DPPt who said things like age and gender are meaningless in Pokemon battles.

If it did, the player characters wouldn't be able to beat people like Pryce, Wattson, and Agatha.

well yeah. thing is that rational thought starts being stable at around teen age. my experience from real life 9 year olds is enough to make the mere concept of 9-year old being in E4 (even gym leader) too far-fetched. At that age the most a kid can do is say "go Salamence" and "hyper beeeeeeaaaam" . blindly and one-dimensionally. even if her pokemon are able to pull through, she is just dragged along by their raw power without contributing much of herself. Thats not a "good trainer". More like a "lucky owner"

Edited by DemICE

Okay, point taken.

However, what does indeed bother me with the whole "Heather-is-an-elite-four-member" is that she was given the role just because her mother was an elite four member. If I understand the system in Reborn correctly, when a gym leader dies or retires, there will be a replacement. I take it that this system does go under the Elite four as well. Then why did they decide: "why not have her daughter taking her place if she dies or retires?"

... sorry. I sound whiny and annoying. Forgive me.

• Global Mods

well yeah. thing is that rational thought starts being stable at around teen age. my experience from real life 9 year olds is enough to make the mere concept of 9-year old being in E4 (even gym leader) too far-fetched. At that age the most a kid can do is say "go Salamence" and "hyper beeeeeeaaaam" . blindly and one-dimensionally. even if her pokemon are able to pull through, she is just dragged along by their raw power without contributing much of herself. Thats not a "good trainer". More like a "lucky owner"

Heather is 10 though (not sure why everyone's saying she's 9?), and what you described sounds more like a 4 or 5 year old to me. Someone Heather's age should be able to understand type effectiveness, status conditions, and abilities at least, I think. Plus like I mentioned, she could've learned from watching Corey's battles (and Shelly too, since I just remembered they're friends). My body and mind literally stopped developing as a kid, so I'm not much older than Heather. But I've beaten Whitney's Miltank without much trouble by using strategy and got all the silver symbols in Emerald's Battle Frontier.

Okay, point taken.

However, what does indeed bother me with the whole "Heather-is-an-elite-four-member" is that she was given the role just because her mother was an elite four member. If I understand the system in Reborn correctly, when a gym leader dies or retires, there will be a replacement. I take it that this system does go under the Elite four as well. Then why did they decide: " why not have her daughter taking her place if she dies or retires?"

... sorry. I sound whiny and annoying. Forgive me.

This I agree with. I think it was like that for Charlotte too, and Fern is the backup for Florinia. I think backups/next in line shouldn't automatically go to family if there's someone known about that's better than them.

Her being an Elite-Four is a non-issue!

It has been stated that she had to pass a test of some sorts to succeed her mother as an Elite Four member. Obviously the kid is an incredibly talented fighter and should not be taken lightly. Sure she's a kid, but her Mother and Father were both incredibly talented individuals. She likely was trained by Corey from a young age to be a good trainer, considering how he wanted her to know how cruel life was and that she wouldn't be able to depend on anyone.

Obviously the 10 year period between her mother's death and her own ascension to Elite Four status someone else filled that spot. But she surpassed whoever had taken her mother's spot and took it as her own. She probably studied her butt off and trained her Pokemon to be able to reclaim her mother's position. Saying that she was freely given the position makes no sense.

Heather is 10 though (not sure why everyone's saying she's 9?), and what you described sounds more like a 4 or 5 year old to me. Someone Heather's age should be able to understand type effectiveness, status conditions, and abilities at least, I think. Plus like I mentioned, she could've learned from watching Corey's battles (and Shelly too, since I just remembered they're friends). My body and mind literally stopped developing as a kid, so I'm not much older than Heather. But I've beaten Whitney's Miltank without much trouble by using strategy and got all the silver symbols in Emerald's Battle Frontier.

An NPC in Beryl mentions how she's almost 10, cute as a button and moody.

I just don't like the concept of a 9 year old child being among the elite of all trainers in the region. I mean she'd have to be a trainer of godly ability to be that good at 9.

Her being an Elite-Four is a non-issue!

It has been stated that she had to pass a test of some sorts to succeed her mother as an Elite Four member. Obviously the kid is an incredibly talented fighter and should not be taken lightly. Sure she's a kid, but her Mother and Father were both incredibly talented individuals. She likely was trained by Corey from a young age to be a good trainer, considering how he wanted her to know how cruel life was and that she wouldn't be able to depend on anyone.

Obviously the 10 year period between her mother's death and her own ascension to Elite Four status someone else filled that spot. But she surpassed whoever had taken her mother's spot and took it as her own. She probably studied her butt off and trained her Pokemon to be able to reclaim her mother's position. Saying that she was freely given the position makes no sense.

She said herself that Corey doesn't even want her battling yet.

And learning from a young age means nothing considering she's still that young age. If she were a teen it'd make sense at least.

Also Corey "talented"? Pfff...