Pokémon Reborn Hardcore!

Solarance

I'm also going to make a little annoucement for E16. Have you ever said something like this: "GODDAMMIT COMMANDER! Chill out with the exp already. My Pokemon are way over the cap and now I gotta spend all my money on common candies." Well I have news for you. Hardcore Episode 16 will allow for an option called the level limiter. Basically it stops your Pokemon from gaining experience once they reach the cap (or the level limit for Corey or Kiki) until you beat that episode's gym leader. Don't like this idea? no problem! You can keep using the old method instead hassle free. I'll give a better description of it including the caps once Episode 16 is released.

Oh, so like how Insurgence stops your Pokemon from leveling up once you reach the level caps? That's pretty nifty~

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay nice. I'll probably just wait for the Ciel buff. She was probably the easiest gym leader in Reborn and hopefully Hardy and his weak to everything Rock-types aren't going to out-easy her. Although I'm pretty sure he'll have a Mega Aerodactyl to abuse the Mountain field.

I'm also going to make a little annoucement for E16. Have you ever said something like this: "GODDAMMIT COMMANDER! Chill out with the exp already. My Pokemon are way over the cap and now I gotta spend all my money on common candies." Well I have news for you. Hardcore Episode 16 will allow for an option called the level limiter. Basically it stops your Pokemon from gaining experience once they reach the cap (or the level limit for Corey or Kiki) until you beat that episode's gym leader. Don't like this idea? no problem! You can keep using the old method instead hassle free. I'll give a better description of it including the caps once Episode 16 is released.

This sounds like me. So thank you for the nifty feature.

Know that I figured that out there will be a zipped and rar copy in the next release which all I am waiting for is one thing before it's ready. I use winrar as I like to compress it. Most of the changes are minor but I might make the option of whether or not to fight Shelly in the rain.

Know that I figured that out there will be a zipped and rar copy in the next release which all I am waiting for is one thing before it's ready. I use winrar as I like to compress it. Most of the changes are minor but I might make the option of whether or not to fight Shelly in the rain.

Okay I'll just wait for the next release, can't wait! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I may have been off one day but here it is. It's not been finalized, but like the original hardcore, this is likely going to have some rough spots and things that seem odd. I believe we bug tested it, but just in case you guys can report bugs here and I'll see if I can fix them.

So have fun with Hardcore: CoM version

Mega: Link

Mediafire: Link

Here's the changelog:

-A few leaders have been recalibrated such as Shade in attempt to reduce their derpy move choices

-Shelly has received a slight level nerf

-Serra has received a slight team change

-Ciel is now doubles (in E16, you'll be able to chose which one to fight)

-The Nidorina even has been replaced with Hardcore Corey's Nidoqueen

-A certain fight now has an official sprite

-The Level Limiter has been implemented, however it will not be accessible yet

-The entire CoM has been implemented and can now be accessed

Known Bugs

-Shellos event in the Shelly Chamber (fixed)

-Sky Drop Braviary is Glitchy (not a glitch)

-The events in one of the Chambers is incomplete. This is not a glitch, but will be added at a later date

-Revenant Marshal has Ciel's end of battle quote (fixed)

-Snarl doesn't lower attack (fixed)

CoM is recommended to fight at level 80 since there is no level gaining, items, or shift, but can be fought at any level. In order to access it, you need to go to the Grand Hall and talk to the bookcase found by the PC. (In Chubb's guide, he mentions one that's glitchy and not to touch. I fixed this for Hardcore so it is safe to touch in the mod). There's also a lot of little easter eggs thrown around and if you guys really like them, I might add more down the line.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I have some "bad" news. I will be taking a break from Reborn for about a month. It's no secret that I've been under a lot of stress lately and some of the drama that's been occurring with me here isn't helping. I've been debating a long while whether or not I should take a break and I really do believe I need it. I decided to wait until Hardcore was done and out of the way since we've been dealing with delay after delay. This however will not affect the development of E16 Hardcore or fixing major bugs should they arise. Thanks for reading this and see you all when I get back.

Thanks alot for this. I, and I'm sure many others, love what you've done, even if I don't truly appreciate what it takes to actually do it. You and the others have done some really nice work with all this and I hope it helps to say so. Enjoy your break; may life treat you well. :)

Also, oh god, does that mean I have to try and fight the awesome-ified leaders in my current playthrough? I'm doomed.

CoM is a completely optional challenge to do (Kinda like how Battle Frontier is optional in most games), so if you're feeling up to the challenge, go for it.

And trust me, once you begin the challenge, it is well worth it. Like Commander said, there's a ton of Easter eggs, so it'll be fun trying to find each of them.

As for Commander leaving for a month, I will also be there to assist. If anybody finds any bugs, they can also go to me, and I can relay the information to Commander.

But yeaaaaaaaaaasssssss, we finally did it, ladies, gentlemen, and people of non-discriminatory binary! Chamber of Memories is officially here.

• 2 weeks later...

Snarl doesn't seem to reduce Special Attack in singles or doubles for some reason. It does in standard E15.

...Well I'll write that one down, but I'm not sure why it did that. I can't promise anything though. Hopefully this is the only move that got glitched up.

Edit: I saw the problem and fixed it. That'll be updated if I make another release.

A fangame of a fangame, That;s harder than the original.

*clears throat* GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME.

Must play *.*

No offense, but can you handle it? Lol.

A fangame of a fangame, That;s harder than the original.

*clears throat* GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME.

Must play *.*

(Points to link in the OP)

Please note that Commander is not responsible for any brain or property damage caused from this mod.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I just wanted to give a heads up that I'll likely be doing a monthly update for the Hardcore mod. These changes aren't exactly brand new ideas, but almost all of this was planned for Episode 16. However since I have zero idea when Episode 16 will be released, I feel it might be more convenient to slowly implement all of this little by little instead of all at once. Let me try to give you a better explanation why:

Let's say that Reborn Episode 16 is released in 6 months. After it's release date, I get really busy for the next two weeks. Then I get sick the following week delaying it even more. There's a months worth of work right now, but if I spread it out when I'm not busy, the episode 16 version could then be released the week I'm free, instead of possibly 2 months after 16's original release. Anyways, here's how the releases are going to go by month:

August

-The remaining leader fights in CoM I haven't done a second test run will be tested and will perform better (Done but will retest on E16)

-Shelly will have the option to fight her in rain or not in rain (Done)

-Serra and Ciel will have the options to fight her in a double battle or single battle (Done)

-Radomus's event will be changed a bit so it's easier to choose which version to fight him (Done)

-The remaining Corey mons bar one will be added (Done)

-One more chamber will be added to CoM (Done)

-Give access to the level limiter (Done)

-Fix everything on the bugs list I have (Done?)

September

-Work and add acess to some of the Helix event

-Finish and implement the final Corey mon (Done)

-Add the rival and deceased leader chambers to CoM (will not be fightable yet)

-Begin implementing "Randomized" Run for CoM (Canceled)

-Possibly fix a few AI bugs such as the Air Balloon one (Canceled)

October

-Fully complete the Helix Event

-Add the Meteor Leaders (ie Blake, Sigmund, etc) along with Cal to CoM

-Give access to the "Randomized" Run for CoM (Canceled)

-Add a grinding trainer to Episode 1 to cut down time for grinding

Each release will be done at the end of each month, even if I get everything on the checklist done or if I don't finish the checklist off. I'm just spreading out E16 development so that when the time comes, I have less to worry about.

• 5 weeks later...

I was able to beat the Rayquaza before facing Julia, granting me a disobedient level 28 and the items that trainer was guarding. With those items, my pokemon will have a much easier time keeping up with opposing pokemons' levels. Couldn't that make the game easier than the original in a sense?

I was able to beat the Rayquaza before facing Julia, granting me a disobedient level 28 and the items that trainer was guarding. With those items, my pokemon will have a much easier time keeping up with opposing pokemons' levels. Couldn't that make the game easier than the original in a sense?

70320977.jpg

TBH, I'm thinking about scraping that fight entirely or changing it seeing how people have started doing things I didn't want them too. What I'm probably going to do with Johnathan is decrease his scan movement by 1 so that people can get the exp share. Though the reference seems to cause more confusion than harm since this expanded way, way beyond the people who I originally designed this for since it's a throwback to a lot of the older Reborn episodes. (Though it might become a feature for the thing shown below)

The reason the lucky egg is there is mostly for Julia and Corey since there's really not any good way to grind in this game and leveling up at those point in the game is brutal due to the level shift. Since E16 is adding in more rebattable trainers for the earlier parts of the game, along with Julia being "nerfed" for a level 15 cap, I don't see as much of a need for it in coming episodes. Yes, I'm ready for a shitstorm of hate for those decisions, but they'll make sense soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright time for another development update since it's August. I did a couple livestreams testing out a new little feature added to the game called Nostalgia mode. Every hear someone go "Back in my day, Serra used to be a lot harder being the hax queen making Charlotte look easy." Well...worry not friends as you to will get to somewhat live out those frustrating days. If a leader had a different fight in the older episodes (aka Shelly, Radomus, "Noel", and Serra), you can fight the leader using a team based on that.

"But Commander, what if I don't want if I want to fight Shelly's Singles, but not Serra's Doubles?" Worry not as everybody's favorite gym guy will let you turn this mode on or off for every gym fight. There are a few other surprised in there outside of leaders which older players might recognize, but that's going to be a surprise. This mode along with other features also are selected in the intro so...you'll have to play a new game to use them.

I added an option to use TM breeding along with the level limiter as well though the latter probably isn't going to be as useful outside of power grinding a new mon aka CoM training. The Randomizer, with the option to make bosses not randomized (normal trainers will have randoms still though because this is a big enough pain as it is). Then there's phase 2 to of the CoM post-game, but I'm not sure how far I'll get on that one tbh.

So yeah quite a bit is done, but there's quite a bit left to go before I make another update since I decided I'm just going to get it all done before making another release and honestly, a lot of this stuff is things I wanted to do since the start of making this mod.

• Developers

I've always played reborn without using potions and with battle-style set. And I'm planning to play hardcore the same way - I'll just wait for E16. What I never liked was that even though I don't use healing items (save held berries) the NPCs still do. First it is a bit unfair and second the AI is so stupid about using them that there was a ton of cases when they actually lost because they used a potion when they shouldn't have - giving me time for important status move or OHKO. Therefore I'd like to play hardcore without NPCs using potions (including status heals, restores,...) either - would it be possible to make a mod like that or integrate it into the game (optional of course)? If yes feel free to disable potions for the player during battles as well while you're at it - I won't use them either way.

Edited by baldr