Pokémon Reborn Hardcore!

Solarance

Remember how I said it'd take weeks to get finished. I lied. Here you go: link.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: after you beat Serra, the game will freeze(ish). I came across this problem while testing and will try to figure it out some other time. In the mean time, just open up the official Ep 15 Reborn, beat that Serra and then continue on with Hardcore. Once Jamak releases his version, this problem should disappear.

I kind of glazed over trainer levels so if anything looks funky please report it.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid internet for not working.

Yes. Yes it technically goes up to Ciel, but I've been working on some edits for Julia and Ciel (which would've been up by now). There's going to be an update link which'll include everything in the above plus a modified Julia and Ciel. The Julia fight scrapped Flaffy with an "old" Pokemon of hers along with using the field effect more. The Ciel fight in the current release is a joke which is why I reworked it to give a better challenge. Luna and Ciel are on my to rework list (Shelly is kind of a lost cause as her team is fantastic, but AI screws her over hard) but I'm taking a little break from that.

But once I get it uploaded, I'll post a link in this post (along with a status update).

Alright here's the official 1.5 that includes revamps for Luna, Ciel, and Julia: link

Heyo everyone! Been a while since I made a post. Anyways, I got an interesting announcement to make. I'll start by showing you this video:

And no, that fight isn't in the unofficial release. But anyways, I decided to post videos of me fighting the leaders so that anyone who struggles can get a few ideas. It also gives you a taste of hardcore to see whether or no it's for you. When fighting these leaders, I new what they were going to do ahead of time so I'd like to give you all the same advantage. Even if you're not interested, you could always watch to see how a pro does it. I posted a few of the leaders already.

Heyo everyone! Been a while since I made a post. Anyways, I got an interesting announcement to make. I'll start by showing you this video:

And no, that fight isn't in the unofficial release. But anyways, I decided to post videos of me fighting the leaders so that anyone who struggles can get a few ideas. It also gives you a taste of hardcore to see whether or no it's for you. When fighting these leaders, I new what they were going to do ahead of time so I'd like to give you all the same advantage. Even if you're not interested, you could always watch to see how a pro does it. I posted a few of the leaders already.

WOW!

Now that is a whole new level above normal Pokemon Reborn! Great job Commander!

Was any event Pokemon changed for this?? Just curious. I saw that wild pokemon levels were changed and such. ^^;;

Should add this to main post, any text changes or Pokemon changes won't be finalized until the final episode of Reborn so we don't have to edit the text for every single episode that is released. Edited by Jamaka2001

Was any event Pokemon changed for this?? Just curious. I saw that wild pokemon levels were changed and such. ^^;;

The pokemon available likely won't be changed. At the most, there might be a ghastly event post Radomus, but everything else will run exactly like Reborn. In fact, you could probably just run the official release to bypass any leader too difficult (or use the hardcore version for any leader who's too easy). But yeah, we'd have to redo everything each time an episode comes out.

The official version of hardcore is going to offer features to make grinding much easier such as giving an Exp Share and moving the lucky egg to pre noel. If grinding is still an issue, we may also drastically lower the price of rare candies to 2,000-3,000 Poke. One gripe I have about Rejuvenation's Intense mode is how unfair it is (seriously a Mienshao for the second gym leader) along with the grindfest required to fight any of the gym leaders.

Right now, I'm working on videos of the leaders, but after that I have a special project I'll be doing. That's all I'm saying for right now.

Question for you guys. How did you add the music that isn't normally in Reborn? I tried to put in that exact track but it didn't work.

Not sure if Commander used this method, if there is an other. Make a MP3 of the song that you want to use, copy to the BGM file in the Audio folder. If you need any more help let me know.

Question for you guys. How did you add the music that isn't normally in Reborn? I tried to put in that exact track but it didn't work.

Pretty easy. All you do is go to the trainer types and when you get to the trainer section, you type the name of the file plus .mp3. You have to have the song in the BGM folder though.

I also did new music for this fight to

After being really quiet for a while, I'll talk a little about what I've been doing. I've been making Hardcore a little bit nicer for people due to the increased difficulty. So I through in an Exp Share at the beginning of the game (and you can get it right after obtaining your first Pokemon, despite what people tell you) because that was my biggest gripe about Rejuvenation's insane mode.

So here's the link to the latest update: here

Update Log

-Lucky Egg and Exp Share were moved back

-Shelly and Terra recieved some team changes

-Noel and Ciel received some minor updates

-The Commander fight has been implemented

This'll be the last update from me for a while, but I will be revising the leaders once along with something else I'll roll out in a couple days.

Just thought I'd give you guys an update. I just finished setting up my computer 5 mins ago. (Literally) and am still waiting for the Internet to restart. ( might take a few days, sorry.) Also school just started today, so updates might be a little bit slower due to something I do in after school but that's only 3 more hours. (I'm lucky and get out at 2:10 pm cst.) but other then that, sorry for the wait. Please just hang in for a little bit longer.

• 4 weeks later...

This is looking cool and I'm guessing this project is a combination of you and Commander's ideas right Jamaka?

I'll most likely check this but good luck to you both on this. If you want me to be a trainer in this, just use my admin team from Nitros. I saw you cancelled the create your trainer for this thread. ;D

Have a great day/night.

This is looking cool and I'm guessing this project is a combination of you and Commander's ideas right Jamaka?

I'll most likely check this but good luck to you both on this. If you want me to be a trainer in this, just use my admin team from Nitros. I saw you cancelled the create your trainer for this thread. ;D

Have a great day/night.

Yeah, Commander edits the teams, I make the dreams. But I release official versions, and they have slight edits, extra things, like fighting me, etc.

Edited by Deal With It! :P

What's the latest version of this? Is it the link in Commander's latest post or the first post of the thread?

Yeah Commander seems good at competitive so good choice to take his suggestions.

Cool because extras are always awesome to see. ;D