Pokémon Reborn Hardcore!

Solarance

Sorry to double post, but here's the link to my version of the game. Some of the trainers aren't leveled correctly so grinding before Julia will be a pain. However, Florinia to the end of Shelly should be good.

In addition, the release ends after the Cain fight in Beyrl Ward. DO NOT GO TO THE ORPHANAGE AT THIS POINT!!! Shade hasn't been tested so please wait until I finish it. You can download it here.

Edit: I tested it and everything seems correct.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting with bated breath.

What are you guys planning to do with solaris fight at mt. pyrous? Will it finally be unwinnable now

we will just have to see but for real, after I fix this damn trainer but, it will start being uploaded.

I'm waiting with bated breath.

What are you guys planning to do with solaris fight at mt. pyrous? Will it finally be unwinnable now

Ep VII is almost done...ish. As for the Solaris fight, I don't know. I originally considered giving him a Mandibuzz but people could Focus Sash Destiny Bond Garchomp then Perish Song that thing for an easy win. You're definitely going to need a full team in the 44 range if you want to win it though. (I lost the fight if you're wondering).

But yeah, I'm stuck at Aya and I need to strategize how to win this thing. Worse comes to worse, she'll be nerfed to her Pre-pre nerf difficulty (which is still quite hard). But from what I tested, I don't feel the need to nerf her yet.

I'll probably give it a go during the weekends, cheers guys.

Yeah making solaris unbeatable is pretty hard actually unless you give him 6 pokemon on the top of my head the strategies to beat an overleveled pokemons are intimidate shufling, perish song, destiny bond, endeavor, sturdy + quick attack. Pretty hard to account for all of them.

One strategy i can think of is giving solaris a pokemon with a multi hit move to bypass sturdy and such, but you can still intimidate shuffle or use quick claw purloin captivate if its a special attacker. This strategy requires a lot of rng and consumables tho. Mandibuzz learns bone rush so you can give it that, but mandibuzz attack is garbage x.x. Marowak or lucario maybe. Theme wise marowak and lucario also fits on solaris's sand team.

Edit: On second thought, making it impossible is not really a good idea as it takes away the challenge essentialy and forces the player to lose, don't mind me rambling haha

Edited by aspectoflife

I'll probably give it a go during the weekends, cheers guys.

Yeah making solaris unbeatable is pretty hard actually unless you give him 6 pokemon on the top of my head the strategies to beat an overleveled pokemons are intimidate shufling, perish song, destiny bond, endeavor, sturdy + quick attack. Pretty hard to account for all of them.

One strategy i can think of is giving solaris a pokemon with a multi hit move to bypass sturdy and such, but you can still intimidate shuffle or use quick claw purloin captivate if its a special attacker. This strategy requires a lot of rng and consumables tho. Mandibuzz learns bone rush so you can give it that, but mandibuzz attack is garbage x.x. Marowak or lucario maybe. Theme wise marowak and lucario also fits on solaris's sand team.

Edit: On second thought, making it impossible is not really a good idea as it takes away the challenge essentialy and forces the player to lose, don't mind me rambling haha

Alright, this weekend I will not be home, just on mobile, so if there are any bugs that are game breaking, the most I can do is take down the link.

Yeah, Solaris depending on your team and not using the F.E.A.R strat, can be very challenging/hard.

Give Solaris' Garchomp Dual Chop, to bypass Sturdy/Sash/sub shenanigans. And maybe give it an accuracy item to discourage players to depend on hax?

Solaris has his old Garchomp back.

Edited by Jamaka2001

I don't know if its winnable due to me not wanting to figure out a team to counter all his strategies, but there's a very good chance it is winnable...just very hard.

As for the Wide Lens+Dual Chop, yes that would make the fight harder...and easier at the same time. All you'd need to do is run a Sash Leech Seed Grass type (or Cottonee) and have a team of Magnemites so that he keeps spamming Earthquake then Fire Fang. Maybe he gets dumb and uses Dual Chop once, but due to the removal of Leftovers he'd die faster (you could also Supersonic+Sonicboom to make the battle go quicker).

I'm going to keep the battle as it is in my version, but Jamak can run that strategy if he wants to. It's a losing war no matter what we do unless we just copy and paste his Episode XV team making it impossible.

I'm sure everyone knows this but, we need your feedback... That will make this a better game for you and us... So, please send it this way.

Please. I enjoy feeding off of your tears. As much as I like seeing Jamak fail, I do like getting feedback from you guys. Pinpointing Pokemon that are too weak or need buffed, but I'm testing everything right now instead of playing through a normal playthrough so if grinding is a problem in so and so area (I know Noel may be one of those) we may throw a few things to make it easier. I'm considering giving Tanzan Cove some underleveled Chanseys to make it a bit faster. So while the level cap may not change, the soft level cap has changed quite a bit. Here's the original soft cap for reborn (or close to it):

Julia: 12

Florinia: 20

Corey: 25

Shelly: 30

Shade: 35

Kiki: 38

Aya: 40

Serra: 45

Noel: 50

Radomus: 51

Luna: 55

Samson: 60

Charlotte: 65

Terra: 68

Ciel: 72

Here's the recommended levels for Hardcore:

Julia: 15-17

Florinia: 22-23

Corey (Field/Mist): 28/32

Shelly: 34-35

Shade: 38

Kiki: 42

Aya: 44-45

Serra: 48-49

Noel: 54

The Rest TBD

Hardcore pushes levels towards the level cap mostly do to team changes and heightened levels. There are a few points where Exp a bit harder to get such as Episode 1 which is why some rivals/bosses may feel quite difficult. If everything were a breeze, leaders would become walls making the game a grind fest. There are points where experience is in great abundance (such as after Kiki) which is why I'm considering putting the Exp Share at the start of the game right by Techie Johnathan. Maybe implement a Lucky Egg shortly after Serra as well. So yeah, feedback helps you more than me as I enjoy watching you guys suffer.

Btw Jamak, I saw your attempt to run through the game with a Meowth and Charmeleon. All I gotta say is #Poliswag. Also, should've grinded that Zigzagoon up to learn Mud Sport for Julia.

You know, the Solaris battle is supposed to be beatable for one reason alone. The alternate path at the fiore mansion where you fight him with Julia. That's why the battle is winnable currently. If it was meant to be unwinnable, Ame would have found a way to change it to be unwinnable by now. Just my two cents though. You can keep it how you have it if you've already made it harder.

You know, the Solaris battle is supposed to be beatable for one reason alone. The alternate path at the fiore mansion where you fight him with Julia. That's why the battle is winnable currently. If it was meant to be unwinnable, Ame would have found a way to change it to be unwinnable by now. Just my two cents though. You can keep it how you have it if you've already made it harder.

The Solaris battle is still very beatable, just a little bit more challenging. Also, no lv 75 garchomp anymore...

Hey guys, I can't play the game for some reason, the game won't load.

I originally had that issue (I believe it is also an issue with Reborn E15). What you'll need to do is have a save file ready (if you don't have one, I can give you one) and then click new game. It should then work fine.

Edit: make sure it is one you want to get rid of as it will overwrite it.

I originally had that issue (I believe it is also an issue with Reborn E15). What you'll need to do is have a save file ready (if you don't have one, I can give you one) and then click new game. It should then work fine.

Edit: make sure it is one you want to get rid of as it will overwrite it.

Do I create a new folder called Pokemon Reborn Hardcore or PokNon Reborn Hardcore?

I created both and put a throwaway game save file in both. Still didn't work, can I have your safe file just to be sure

Do I create a new folder called Pokemon Reborn Hardcore or PokNon Reborn Hardcore?

I created both and put a throwaway game save file in both. Still didn't work, can I have your safe file just to be sure

No, you don't. It runs on main Reborn's save folder. I'll let commander give you his save...

Edited by Jamaka2001

No, you don't. It runs on main Reborn's save folder. I'll let commander give you his save...

Ah I see, ok fixed it now. Thanks

EDIT: Uh ok silly question, is picking torchic counter productive to the point of the game?

I liked what you did with victoria, I had to use a potion, Techie Jonathan on the other hand..

Edited by aspectoflife

EDIT: Uh ok silly question, is picking torchic counter productive to the point of the game?

I liked what you did with victoria, I had to use a potion, Techie Jonathan on the other hand..

Yes and no. Will it make your run a whole lot easier? Yes. Will it guranteed to sweep every leader in the game? No. Blaziken can sweep quite a few leaders. I mean I could design so that it'd be challenge for Blaziken, but that wouldn't be fair anyone who doesn't choose Blaziken. Almost any Pokemon can still be used, but you're probably going to drop certain Pokemon for certain leaders (I chose Venusaur who is a godsend against Corey). Hardcore is more to promote strategy than to pick the most powerful mon. And oh, don't worry Victoria shouldn't disappoint you later (or as Jamaka likes to call her Bitchtoria).

And as a quick note: Jamaka may or may not have forgotten to put in the correct Cain and Fern second fights in Episode 2 which the ones in it may or may not be slightly easier than the real ones. They should be added in the next release coming soon. In the ep 15 release, I'll make sure to go over the entire text file to make sure everything is correct and edit anything glaring.