Pokémon Reborn Hardcore!

Solarance

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Ame has eaten most of them. I'm looking forward to seeing this ball of insanity being well under way.

Damn, that sucks... But yeah... We currently have Commander working on the rage leaders and I'm working on events, text edits, normal trainers, etc.

I finally got to testing Julia and it's...actually really well done (I considered Helioptile and Stunfisk if it was too easy). OML that Magnemite swept me on my first attempt so I had to level up to 18 and run a Mightyena. I'm not sure how I feel about Flaafy, but it's going to stay for now. So yes, the link on the first page is the official Julia fight as of right now. (I guess I'll give you praise for thinking of Flaafy).

Florinia should be released pretty soon along with a lot of trainers whose levels are upped a bit. But yeah, be thankful you didn't have to go through Jamak's original version of the Academy. I wanted to curl up in a ball facing all those threats that were 4 levels above me (there was a trainer with a freaking Quagsire that was 26).

Some of the leaders are going to be a little buggy due to Essential's shitty AI system. Julia stays pretty constant but Florinia sometimes derps a bit due to reading types. I now understand Kuro's pain in wanting to rewrite the whole AI system. So bear with me the she might underperform. (That doesn't mean she's easy though).

So can I have the version Commander had because I like a challenge and the academy is always too ez. Give me tough Academy.

You and Everyone can most likely sometime the day after next/tomorrow depends on when I don't wanna use Internet. Plus IDK when he will be ready.

My personal view of random trainers is more challenging training but to each his own. While were on the topic of random trainers, I'm going to lower any of the ones Jamak did so that I can get though the game a bit faster (and get rid of those Eviolites those Dusclops and Lampents). But yeah, they better be in the 20-23 range because Florinia's Cradily is only level 26 and her lowest is 23 iirc.

My personal view of random trainers is more challenging training but to each his own. While were on the topic of random trainers, I'm going to lower any of the ones Jamak did so that I can get though the game a bit faster (and get rid of those Eviolites those Dusclops and Lampents). But yeah, they better be in the 20-23 range because Florinia's Cradily is only level 26 and her lowest is 23 iirc.

Sorry that they were to high leveled.

Totally not making this post because I was asked to.

Alright, now that we actually have progress on the game, I'd like to get feedback on some stuff for the next release. The more the merrier, but I'd like a minimum of thoughts on the leaders (such as Corey on the mist field being way too hard due to Pokemon XXX or Julia's XXX is pathetic and worthless due to XXX). Other bosses such as Rivals, Meteor Members, and Gangs are also appreciated. The more the merrier.

As for Corey, he has two completely different teams (They only share Skuntank and Crobat). So if you want to face both, I'd prepare yourself ahead of time (Corrossive Mist is way harder imo). And please stop once you defeat Corey. We have Lapis blocked for the time being due to it being half finished.

Please stop once you defeat Corey.

The only new thing you can do (as will be mentioned if you enter the Lapis ward, is that you can fight me in the Beryl Ward Pokémon Center. After each gym leader, there will be me to fight (Commander and other sometime...) after each leader in their own respective Pokémon Center. (Except for Julia, I will be in the Grand Hall there.)

Okay, so I just defeated Flobot and although I am aware that the current release goes up to Corey, I know that I'll forget all the comments I had for the content between after Julia to Flobot so I'm going to share what I thought now, and once I defeat Corey, I'll make another post. Okay, so nothing really jumped out to me as being too off, in regard to the levels. The only criticism I would have about the levels would be the trainers in the Onyx Ward who carry Pokemon who are level 28, which should be brought down to level 27. Everything else was to be expected from a "hardcore" game, so good job on that. Now, onto Flobot.

My team consisted of Fearow (23), Tranquill (24), Pancham (24), Loudred (24), Swalot (24) and Meowstic (24). And luckily, I managed to beat her on the first try. For me she was pretty easy. But don't let that be a reflection of her difficulty, because her team is definitely much harder. Okay, so let me get to the battle.

First she sent out Leavanny. I sent out Fearow. 4x weakness to flying. One Aerial Ace, gone.

Second came Breloom. 4x weakness to flying. One Aerial Ace, gone.

Third was Whimsicott. 4x weakness to poison. One Acid Spray, gone.

Fourth was Trevenant. To take this thing out I first used Toxic, then I basically spammed Air Cutter from Tranquill and Aerial Ace from Fearow until I was able to take it out.

Fifth was Ivysaur. One Psyshock from Meowstic, gone.

And last but not least, Cradily. First, I used Toxic. Then, I switched into Pancham and spammed Karate Chop until it was gone.

Reflecting upon the battle, I would give it a 5/10 for difficulty (for me, it was easier than Julia, but that's just me). Also, her move Zero Emotion was used only once, and it was not effective against my Swalot, so I didn't get to experience her custom move at all, really. If I had to make one suggestion to improve upon this battle, I would take one AND ONLY ONE of the three Pokemon on her team who have a 4x weakness and replace them with a Grass type Pokemon who has only 2x weakness to any type (ex: mow-rotom or sawsbuck). And that's all for after Julia to Flobot. Will update when I beat Corey. See ya!

Edited by superiorserperior

Okay, so I just defeated Flobot and although I am aware that the current release goes up to Corey, I know that I'll forget all the comments I had for the content between after Julia to Flobot so I'm going to share what I thought now, and once I defeat Corey, I'll make another post. Okay, so nothing really jumped out to me as being too off, in regard to the levels. The only criticism I would have about the levels would be the trainers in the Onyx Ward who carry Pokemon who are level 28, which should be brought down to level 27. Everything else was to be expected from a "hardcore" game, so good job on that. Now, onto Flobot.

My team consisted of Fearow (23), Tranquill (24), Pancham (24), Loudred (24), Swalot (24) and Meowstic (24). And luckily, I managed to beat her on the first try. For me she was pretty easy. But don't let that be a reflection of her difficulty, because her team is definitely much harder. Okay, so let me get to the battle.

First she sent out Leavanny. I sent out Fearow. 4x weakness to flying. One Aerial Ace, gone.

Fourth was Trevenant. To take this thing out I first used Toxic, then I basically spammed Air Cutter from Tranquill and Aerial Ace from Fearow until I was able to take it out.

And last but not least, Cradily. First, I used Toxic. Then, I switched into Pancham and spammed Karate Chop until it was gone.

Reflecting upon the battle, I would give it a 5/10 for difficulty (for me, it was easier than Julia, but that's just me). Also, her move Zero Emotion was used only once, and it was not effective against my Swalot, so I didn't get to experience her custom move at all, really. If I had to make one suggestion to improve upon this battle, I would take one AND ONLY ONE of the three Pokemon on her team who have a 4x weakness and replace them with a Grass type Pokemon who has only 2x weakness to any type (ex: mow-rotom or sawsbuck). And that's all for after Julia to Flobot. Will update when I beat Corey. See ya!

Thanks for that, also, I thought I removed Zero Emotion from her fight.... urg.... But once again thanks for feedback, I predict Commander will give his opinion on this soon.

Edit: Taking down the download link, apparently this is the wrong version, idk why.

Edited by Jamaka2001

That is definitely not the right battle. Actually, that's the battle I didn't want to get uploaded (glares at Jamak). Somebody forgot to switch her team around. But yeah, her team isn't too terribly difficult (and I didn't think Spearow was available that early). Your not missing much but the fight I designed was a little bit harder, but not overly difficult (it was designed for a 22-23 range).

The team I used to face the real Florinia was a Pansear, Noctowl, Pangoro, Linoone, Mightyena, and Espurr. But yeah, I didn't think Fearow was available which is why I didn't worry too much about flying weakness (it probably made her a breeze). Whimsicott was kind of weak, but the other members weren't too bad for a second gym leader (imo Cacturne is a much better lead than Leavanny). She is the weakest gym leader now (but heck of a lot stronger than Reborn's version) as you could beat that one rather easily with Lv 20's. I struggled a bit and my Pokemon were in the 22-23 range which is good. Yes, Shelly is now stronger than Florinia (not by much unfortunately...due to AI).

But yeah, the link will be fixed and Shelly will be in it (because I work fast). But yeah if I had to make a difficulty chart of the difficult fights they'd be:

Corey (mist), Victoria (before Shelly), Corey (Field), Julia, Shelly, Taka and Zel, Pulse Tangrowth, Florinia, Scrafty Gang, and then Taka

Yes, Spearow can be caught after you defeat Fern in the academy. You'll then gain access to a rooftop that has a garden on it, where you can catch Spearow. And if that's not her real team, then what is?

Yes, Spearow can be caught after you defeat Fern in the academy. You'll then gain access to a rooftop that has a garden on it, where you can catch Spearow. And if that's not her real team, then what is?

Yeah...apparently, Jamak didn't run it in debug mode so every single change I recently made wasn't implemented (and he and I both did a lot). I would upload my version of it, but then you'd gain access to all the untested leaders.

I'm looking forward to downloading this.

Silly question, can I play the original game with a save file that is created in this mode?

sorry about the DL link being down a lot, something is wrong with RPGXP. (or me) And yes, you can, it works just like making a 2nd save file on base reborn.

Hardcore in and of itself is just a modified version of Reborn (think of it as Rejuvenation's challenge mode). The idea here is to make the leaders challenging enough that you have to use Pokemon that are stronger than there's as well as find them so difficult you push yourself closer to the level cap and come up with plans and strategies to win. However, I can only do so much as many leader difficulties are hindered by Essential's AI being faulty and the Pokemon available. For example, Fearow is available before Florinia. That Pokemon alone is strong enough to sweep 4 of her six Pokemon. I could give Breloom a boost in speed EVs as well as T-punch, but that wouldn't be fair for the other Flying types available. I'd rather have a fun and memorable challenge over an insanely hard, grindfest that hardly resembles the leader.

But yeah, Cradily has its old moveset back, but tbh, it's not going to feel nearly as threatening. I may up Florinia's difficulty a little bit though (mostly Whimsicott).