Pokémon Reborn Hardcore!

Solarance

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, I tried talking to Solace, and it crashed my game...

Hm.... let me test it out on my side

EDIT: It doesn't crash for me, which is weird. Which link did you download it from?

Edited by Solarance

Hey guys!

I've downloaded pokemon reborn hardcore and when i open it, it simply opens the normal pokemon reborn. If i make a new save file or click new game on existing save files it still doesnt give me the "its pokemon reborn hardcore" warning as seen in one of the walkthroughs.

Anybody knows how to fix this issue?

Hey guys!

I've downloaded pokemon reborn hardcore and when i open it, it simply opens the normal pokemon reborn. If i make a new save file or click new game on existing save files it still doesnt give me the "its pokemon reborn hardcore" warning as seen in one of the walkthroughs.

Anybody knows how to fix this issue?

Sadly I am away from my computer this weekend, but which one did you download it from?

I've tried both actually (right now its the mediafire one) .. is it necessary to delete the normal reborn to play the hardcore ? i was hesitant to do so, so i havent tried that one

No, you don't have to... Try and play the game normally to Victoria, I changed to a different folder, so that might of removed the warning in the intro, the first change should be Victoria being level 6. Let me know what happens then.

No, you don't have to... Try and play the game normally to Victoria, I changed to a different folder, so that might of removed the warning in the intro, the first change should be Victoria being level 6. Let me know what happens then.

alright ill try! tyvm

though just as info! i could still play the reborn save files on reborn hardcore! is this intentional?

aaaand yep it is hardcore! her tepig is at lvl 6 and i lost both of the fights so far .. this doesnt start off well :) thank you very much!

Edited by Chaseymelaine2

alright ill try! tyvm

though just as info! i could still play the reborn save files on reborn hardcore! is this intentional?

aaaand yep it is hardcore! her tepig is at lvl 6 and i lost both of the fights so far .. this doesnt start off well :) thank you very much!

Yeah, you can play Hardcore with your normal save file, I just wouldn't recommend it cause it kinda defeats the purpose of playing if you already beat episode 15. I wouldn't say it is intentional as much as I couldn't really think of a way to separate them, not that it matters. If you find anything else, just let me know! :)

Yeah, you can play Hardcore with your normal save file, I just wouldn't recommend it cause it kinda defeats the purpose of playing if you already beat episode 15. I wouldn't say it is intentional as much as I couldn't really think of a way to separate them, not that it matters. If you find anything else, just let me know! :)

Actually there is something! After defeating a gym there's always a guy next to the healing center who wants me to battle him. If i say yes though my game crashes :/. Any chance to fix that ? :)

Actually there is something! After defeating a gym there's always a guy next to the healing center who wants me to battle him. If i say yes though my game crashes :/. Any chance to fix that ? :)

As of now, sadly, no. Currently I'm not home right now but I will be later tonight and I haven't been able to replicate it. I'm sure it's just a small over sight on my side.

While it could be changed, I intentionally kept Reborn's same save file system so that it could be interchanged from the official one in order for manipulation (such as wanting a lucky egg/exp share on your official game very early). This probably will only change when Reborn is officially complete since everything has to be reworked almost from scratch with each release.

As of now, sadly, no. Currently I'm not home right now but I will be later tonight and I haven't been able to replicate it. I'm sure it's just a small over sight on my side.

This is an example of a tortoise and the hare situation. I don't know if Jamak tested any or all of the things he implemented like I did to make sure they work. Everything in the version I made worked (or was a known bug to Episode 15) except for this weird trainer thing which I had to fix. I have a feeling that Jamak may have mistyped the trainer script causing this error and unfortunately I can't fix it since I don't have his version.

The rest of the game should be playable though as I tested everything in the main story and fixed 99% of the errors I found (as I keep forgetting about Chibi Gengar).

But.. Chibi Gengar is cute... Keep it. Plz? Sorry about the error, I literally worked to the second with getting this version out. (Damn bedtimes *mubles*) So I'd say by Tuesday? The bug should be fixed... (Have to upload stuff overnight/at school.)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back with new internet at a great new place! A new video has been posted here:

BTW: Wow you made Julia way harder than I expected... But I got a better result than last time: ONLY 4 POKEMON USED IN-BATTLE vs 5! :P

I'll be continuing my adventures in Reborn Hardcore whenever I get some free time from University, but at least I won't be gone for a month or so!

Trying out this version for kicks and gigles, however...

My jaw dropped when I found a beautiful creature first thing...

I had found my champion...

One who will carry me through the game...

One who will NEVER be removed from my team...

Adamant, Hustle, good attack/speed IV, mother fucking Rattata.

He will Hyper Fang ALL THE THINGS!

Except Ghosts.

Oh, and why does the trainer right in the opal ward outside the poke start area have a lvl 70 mega evolve rayquaza.

Oh, and why does the trainer right in the opal ward outside the poke start area have a lvl 70 mega evolve rayquaza.

It's a reference to an older episode, when Ame forgot to take out the Mega Rayquaza out of that Trainer's team. (She was testing Mega Rayquaza). It was taken out, but people always remembered it, and there's even a picture of it in the Field Effects page of the Forest Field, where the Trainer is using a Master Ball on Rayquaza.

Luckily, you can skip the Trainer~

Sorry if I've been so quiet, but I've been busy. There's actually something I've been putting off for a while and that is a few different scenario fights. The first of which is Solaris on Pyrrous Mountain. Truthfully, I haven't been able to beat it myself with normal means, but I don't have all the time in the world to test this fight out. So instead, I'll give people 100 Rupees if they PM they're teams and strategies they used to beat the guy. This is a very tricky fight so I want to make sure whether or not this fight is winnable in more than one way.

The other fights are the two Sirius fights as they probably need to see a huge boost in level or something in order to keep the challenge (I haven't tested the Singles fight in Ep 10 tbh which I'll get to soon). Florinia I may try to amp up a little bit, but it's kind of pitiful seeing how she's the easiest leader in the game.

I do have a little bit of other news. Due to a certain someone putting a certain disney song for a certain fight, the DL link may be taken down while that issue is getting fixed. This is just to make absolute certain the behemoth of a company stays far, far away from this community so don't fret about it too much.

What song was it for that fight?

Can't say for certain, but I believe it was this one.

And considering frozen is probably the biggest disney thing in a long while...yeah...probably not a good idea to touch. It also really doesn't feel like battle music.

Yup... It's a good thing you're fixing that problem then, C. (Too overrated too, in my opinion.) From what I hear, it sounds almost like the original thing, and nowhere near a battle song. I can see how it builds up, but nope. Not battle-worthy to listen to.

Umm... so... the first post doesn't have a download link... Is that because of copyright issues?

Yeah it should be back up in a few days. I forget what exactly Jamak did, but all the fights and level adjustments are available on this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x8foch22kbp13zx/Reborn_Hardcore_1.7.rar

Basically, this version only altered trainer Pokemon and levels, but all the fights in the main one are in this mod.

Started playing this and..... Oh my god that rayquaza.... Er.. Enough of that. Yeah this is much HARDER than reborn so good job on that. Thought as I play through the game I'll see how each leader functions and I'll see if I can provide any criticism on my part. Hope u won't mind.

I just beat Julia and man she was tough. Good job on that, I salute you. The first battle I had ended in a draw with my grovyle critical hitting that darn electrode with a quick attack. Electrode fainted and took my grovyle with it using aftermath. And I lose..... Eh well. I eventually manage to win by abusing toxic spikes and fury cutter with some luck. By far the biggest threat in her team is that emolga. Acrobatics at this stage is crazy. Only evolved pokemon could take a few hits and a lack of one had me suffer against that squirrel. Electrode is nothing spectacular though. The main trouble is its speed and the fact that its an auto lose for you if you don't have anything to deal reasonable damage to it by the end of this battle of attrition. My only complaint would be heliolisk and voltorb. Heliolisk suffers from the problem of A.I is a crapshoot. It spams electrify and takes hits until it faints. While no fault of the developer I would think that a different move set is in order since otherwise this poke becomes nothing more than a sitting duck that(although rain dance does make it annoying to take it out). Voltorb is men. An inferior electrode. You are better off giving her an elekid. Voltorb is more of an annoyance than anything.

It might take some time to complete this herculean task of beating all the gyms especially with tests around the corner but I'll try to give my two cents about the other gym leaders. Julia was a heck of a battle.

Heliolisk suffers from the problem of A.I is a crapshoot. It spams electrify and takes hits until it faints. While no fault of the developer I would think that a different move set is in order since otherwise this poke becomes nothing more than a sitting duck that(although rain dance does make it annoying to take it out).

Hmm...this is the first time I heard of this occurring. Of my 25 trials against Julia, I have only seen her use that move once. I may test out Eerie Impusle on it to see if that's better, but no way to T-wave. Trust me, this pokemon gave me a lot of trouble turning it into a defensive type Pokemon. If I made it offensive, it would be too strong as it's current moveset is pushing the envelope, but yeah, I'll check it out.

Kind of surprised Julia had bad AI day. Honestly, she probably has one of the best ones for me. She derps occasionally (Reborn is really good at covering this up...I don't know how), but overall she's pretty consistent. As for Voltorb, she had 2 on her official team, but I kept it there for the boom theme as Electrode won't explode. After all, it's not Julia without her boomies.

I hate to double post, but now that I've just beaten Sirius at Yureyu, I may as well give somewhat detailed impressions while they are still somewhat fresh on memory. Oh right, one point of my playthrough was that for my final team I could use 3 of my favorite Pokemon (Typhlosion, Feraligatr, and Pangoro) and 3 Pokemon I've never used before in any Pokemon game (Nidoking, Magneton, and Mismagius), not including temporary party members such as Stoutland or Mightyena.

EDIT: Started a new file, again for a no trading at all playthrough, so no Feraligatr for me.

Anyways my thoughts on this (Warning, very long!):

General thoughts: Every enemy is stronger, which I like. Some points such as the Blackstream factory could use an increase in levels as they are barely any stronger than the enemies in Sigmund's orphanage and the player should be stronger by this point. (Still significantly better than in normal Reborn where they are equal to/weaker than the orphanage enemies and have unevolved Pokemon) Apophyll's trainers could use some more evolved Pokemon. Since this is a hard mode mod with higher level'd enemies the player will be significantly more powerful than usual, and aside from those two points I think this mod has done a very good job of keeping that in mind.

Thoughts on the bosses, and how many times they defeated me:

Fern: I like the changes to Fern's team and levels. He caught me off guard in his first encounter, his Lombre being his hardest Pokemon. In general, some additions to his team I like a lot, such as Sceptile, and later Mega Sceptile. I do wish he got better Pokemon when he changed his team for Aya, as Fire and Ice still wreck him easily. Defeats: 1 (First battle)

Cain: Not much different, I appreciate his higher levels (often going over the level cap), seemingly better move pools, and the fact that he gets his party members earlier. Since his Gengar didn't Mega Evolve, I assume he's going to get a Mega Absol? Defeats: 1 (Beryl graveyard)

Victoria: I really appreciate her higher levels. She also gets party members earlier, and she was the rival that gave me the most trouble. Mega Gallade during her final battle was a very nice touch. Defeats: 0, but she came very close each time.

Aster and Eclipse: Their first battle was actually kind of brutal, in a good way. Otherwise their just kind of there like in Regular Reborn, with a kinda sucky team outside of Magmortar, Electivire, and Milotic. It also hurts them a bit that when you team with Victoria against them she's stronger than she usually is. Looking forward to their final battle. Defeats: 0

Julia: Julia is great, if maybe slightly too strong. (Perhaps lower her Electrode's level by 2, and her Heliolisk by 1). Magnemite is a hard hitting lead, and Emolga brings some nice pain into the mix. I admittedly had to cheese her Heliolisk and Electrode with Quiliava's Smoke Screen, Trubbish's toxic spikes, and Mightyena's Sand attack. Perhaps I just suck? Defeats: 4

ZEL: I like that they have more Eveelutions. Jolteon in particular is a very welcome addition to their team, and Flareon hits really hard if you fail to OHKO it. Defeats: 2 (when teaming with Taka)

Florinia: Probably the most disappointing fight in the game, I barely felt a difference aside from Tropius being a welcome addition to her team. Defeats: 0

Taka: Unless my memory is failing me and this was also the case in the standard version of Episode 15, I really like how he starts off with a more complete and dangerous team. His Chatot as per usual is a bitch, and it's even harder now that with it's level increase not all fully evolved Pokemon outspeed it. Most still OHKO it though. Gligar can also catch you off guard. Defeats: 2 (First fight), 2 (When teaming with ZEL)

Corey: Oh goodness, Corey was absolutely brutal and I loved it. Corey always gives me trouble in standard Reborn (His Crobat is always a massive problem, and his Skunktank is annoying), but now his whole team is a threat. Quilfish is a fantastic lead change for him, and him just having fully evolved Pokemon on top of having higher levels makes this a well designed fight. All of his Pokemon aside from Nidoqueen gave a good fight, and I barely managed to have enough Pokemon available for Crobat. (Noctowl for Hypnosis/taking the first Venoshock, Stoutland for STAB+Poison boosted Facade, and Nidoking just in case Crobat wakes up and takes out Stoutland before it can get two Facades off.) This fight was the fight that gave me the hardest time so far, with only Kiki giving me nearly as much trouble. Defeats: 11

Shelly: She was noticeably tougher. She managed to put up a decent fight, as I had not yet learned that there was a pledge tutor in the Lapis ward so my Typhlosion only knew Flame Wheel for Fire moves (I figured this out after Shade). She probably would have still put up a decent fight, especially if she got her rain off (she's never done this for me before.) Defeats: 0

Archer: I did this fight right after Shelly, so that also is part of why I had a hard time with this fight, and that I didn't have any super effective moves, aside from Pangoro's Karate chop against Mega Sharpedo. His team is a massive improvement over his pathetic team in vanilla Reborn, even his Mightyena took me by surprise with Play Rough. I was shocked when I saw Mega Evolution being used, especially at this point in the game, and I adored it. Like Corey, his Crobat gave me a hard time (Acrobatics is deliciously evil), and oddly enough his AI actually made a few switches that were to his benefit. Octillery hit hard, the only Pokemon who didn't really do much was Blastoise. The attempt I did win it came down to Pangoro vs Blastoise, and I was worried because I forgot that I had defeated his Crobat so I thought that Crobat would just spam Acrobatics and defeat me. Defeats: 4

Shade: Tougher than usual. I appreciated his fully evolved team, but Mega Bannette was pretty useless. Shoutouts to Trevenant triggering Harvest twice in one turn 5 times. Defeats: 0

Cal: Again, this is another fight that I felt mega evolution massively improved the fight. Mega Charizard X completely stomps on a cheese tactic I like to use by turning the field into a burning field then spamming Nature Power (Flamethrower on the burning field) with my Flash Fire Typhlosion. The rest of his team is threatening. I really had a good time with this fight. Defeats: 2

Kiki: Dear god, this lady was a problem. (and fun when RNG wasn't screwing me over) Admittedly unlike Corey where his whole team was hard, Kiki had a few Pokemon that screwed me over hard, and the fact that three of my Pokemon (Pangoro, Magneton, and Stoutland) were weak to fighting made things so much harder. Her most problematic Pokemon where Hitmonlee (Unburden+Field Boosted Strength=Nightmare) and especially her Mega Medicham. That Megamedicham is pure evil, after Mega Evolving it was faster than my whole team and OHKO'd everything on my team, even with Stoutland's intimidate + baby doll eyes. I eventually ended up having to rely on RNG to win, with Magneton getting lucky with Discharge and paralyzing it, since it has Sturdy it can survive on hit. Then it used Metal Sound and Typhlosion followed up with Fire Pledge for the KO. Her Machamp also posed a problem as I had to get rid of it without losing any Pokemon. Shoutouts to Lucario for being absolutely useless and getting OHKO'd by Typhlosion before doing anything every single attempt. Defeats: 13 (5 of them were because Discharge wouldn't paralyze Mega Medicham.)

Solaris: This fight brought a bunch of mixed feelings. On one hand I miss the feeling that a level 75 Garchomp gives, but at the same time that's just a cheesefest and this was a legitimately difficult fight. Most of his team contributed, the most annoying Pokemon being Mandibuzz and predictably Garchomp. Whether or not this intentional or just something that happened for me, I liked how he constantly switched in and switched out his Garchomp at times that actually really worked out well for him, however with Stoutland's intimidate and one use of Baby Doll eyes it was managable. Defeats: 2

Aya: Definitely more powerful than usual, Mega Venusaur was a very welcome addition to her team. Dragalge hit hard and didn't want to die. Gengar hit hard and fast. Tentacruel's muddy water and refusal to be OHKO'd by Magneton messed with me. Didn't leave as much of an impact as she should have, as I just came out of the hell that was Kiki. Defeats: 0, but she came quite close with Magneton being the only team member still standing.

Sirius: A bit stronger than usual, nothing else to say except that Cain's asshole Nidoking with Sludge Wave ruined my attempts of this fight twice, by putting my Typhlosion in KO range. Seriously, Cain's Nidoking constantly spamming Sludge Wave made the whole Yuryeru section quite irritating as he ended up KOing my Pokemon and depriving me of EXP more often than the meteors did. It'd be for the best IMO if it didn't have Sludge Wave. Defeats: 2 (Mostly because of Cain's dumbass Nidoking)

Hopefully some of the feedback can help, and if not I'm very sorry for rambling for so long.

Edited by Mighty Kamina