[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Global Mods

Hi! So I have a stupid question, but I'm new here (sort of, I've been watching this thread for the last 6 months since I finished episode 15). To be eligible for the community release of episode 16, do I just need to be a part of this discussion? Or is there something else. Also I've been replaying the game to remind myself of plot points but should I wait till episode 16 comes out and replay it? Becasue I remember seeing something about certain choices we made (like lying about reading Titanias journal) possibly not affecting gameplay if done before episode 16 release.

What was said about the diary was that in E16 it wouldn't be required to read it anymore.

really hoping that E16 comes out early enough that i can get a playthrough of it done before sumo comes out. i've played through each release since i found the game in e13 and seeing the changes in every ep has been really cool but sumo's going to eat all of my pkmn time after november 18th.

really hoping that E16 comes out early enough that i can get a playthrough of it done before sumo comes out. i've played through each release since i found the game in e13 and seeing the changes in every ep has been really cool but sumo's going to eat all of my pkmn time after november 18th.

Same! I don't have enough time to play both unfortunately. Whenever it comes out though, it'll take over my life for a little while ;)

yeah i'm afraid i also don't really understand this question. but past events have not changed significantly.

I guess as usual, I have not explained well. :unsure: Well, If I remember correctly, in this Episode 16, you will put a relationships system of the characters that we find throughout the game.

(Charlotte, Noel, Titania, etc)

Ok, from here, too said, that the event about

Titania's diary would be slightly changed, with the option to choose if read it or not.

Ok, In this point is where my question arises, because also said, that for implement the relationships system, there is a possibility that some game events are not held as have occurred.

For example:

In my first battle with Solaris, I lost, and of this form, more later in Episode 15, I fight with Solaris again, but with Florinia´s help, while if I defeat Solaris in Pyrous Mountain, more later in Episode 15, I fight with Solaris again, but this time with Julia´s help.

Therefore, my main question is if when the Episode 16 is ready for play it, if those events as

my defeat with Solaris and El, and the choose to read Titania´s diary,

still be present in my save data, or conversely, by adding the relationships system of the characters, these events have suffered some type of error and have been altered.

(Probably I not explained well again, because the English is not my main language, but I hope that you understood my main question.)

Your save file won't be altered. You'll still have all your progress, you just won't have the relationship points from events you've already done on a pre-E16 save file, so all characters will be neutral to you.

I get it. At first I thought that with the relationship system, I would be forced to restart the entire game, as it could surgirme some kind of error that don´t let me continue with the history of the game. But if it is all as you say, in that case, then there is no problem. Thanks for clearing that. ;)

Your save file won't be altered. You'll still have all your progress, you just won't have the relationship points from events you've already done on a pre-E16 save file, so all characters will be neutral to you.

That is very cool. It'll be interesting to see how much that changes the plot. I guess I'll be doing multiple play throughs ;).

And yes, I'm way more excited for this than Sun/Moon, though I'm pretty excited for that too.

Well, the only thing that prevents me from more playthroughs so far is this ***** Aventurine Forest. Removing those spiderwebs is pain in the ass, honestly, I cant recall more annoying quest. I know there`s no need in fact to remove even one to get past route, but nobody volunteer to omit items and stuff, right.

Btw, what do you think of replacing few HMs with items. Like, torchlight for flash, machette for cut, or so. Everybody uses HM mules anyway, but it gets unhandy sometimes, e.g. when we go underwater, or we have to leave one behind to make room for mule, and at the end of path we find heavy fight. They dont necessarily got to totally replace HMs, but maybe when we get to 7th street we can get some inventory there or so. It would make more sense in core series, when we needed HM deleter, but still.

The use of TMX's gives excellent flexibility as is. Some HMs cannot be mocked with a reasonably-sized item that will fit in the player's bag. After all, adventuring across Reborn carrying the weight of a machete in addition to Poke Balls, TMs, healing items, various items (we're literally carrying Black Powder and Hard Rocks) is already a lot for one trainer alone. I'm just glad we don't have a weight limit.

Yet.

If Relationships with character affect the ending then once the final episode releases i'm going to make a second playthrough so i'm in good standing with Luna And Charlotte cause they're the best

I know the game is already in alpha, that's great. But I still want to see that 100%, cause with it comes a new field announcement!

Apparently, that is the last one for the game. I don't believe it though, because Ame is waaaay to creative to just not include another field effect if she thinks of one!

Oh, and I'm definitely doing a restart of the game. With the new animations and bug removal, I am going to have a good time!

Edited by Busti

If Episode 16 does come out close to November 18th, then you'll have something to play when you're done with Sun and Moon.

(It's not like Sun and Moon are going to occupy more than a few weeks anyway)

If Episode 16 does come out close to November 18th, then you'll have something to play when you're done with Sun and Moon.

(It's not like Sun and Moon are going to occupy more than a few weeks anyway)

you'd be surprised, that game is looking pretty lit, im expecting sun and moon to occupy the rest of the year lol.

I've been lurking the entire forum this whole time. This 99% for days is such a big tease!

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for all the work on another episode, you guys do a great job. But I'm sure you all know that ;P