[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question here do we need to play EP16 (the whole game all over again) or is there a patch or something ?!?! Personally i am going to start a new game but for those who want to keep their save game there will be a patch that you apply it in the game folder and continue from EP15 where you last saved..? (nooby question i know..)

It's in the Game FAQ

Quick question: When the beta is released, will it be released to anyone, can it be requested, etc.? I've been playing the game since E10 and really looking forward to exploring the new Reborn City.

Only Ace Members can participate in the Beta Test, the game will be posted to a sub-forum that only Ace Members have access to.

Last time there was also a community release before the official one. Will you be doing that again, after the beta is over?

Edited by Busti

Last time there was also a community release before the official one. Will you be doing that again, after the beta is over?

What's the difference between the community release and the official one if the community release supposedly comes after the beta testing?

• Global Mods

Item Purchase.

+750 or more posts and having been a member for at least 6 months.

EDIT: I think nsbwinner misunderstood as ace member in the game, based on the "Been wondering about this since I ran into the nightclub..." the in-game nightclub is postgame and has nothing to do with the forum rank of Ace Member

So... Now it's time to get 750 posts before alpha ends...

Inb4 the entire forum floods with Familiars wanting to get to 750 posts as soon as possible and everyone gets banned for spamming. 10/10 Would spam again -IGN

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

• Global Mods

also @ those who asked what the community release is: community release is the period after beta testing where the episode is visible to any forum members but not to the public (people not on the forums) as like a final test for bugs and such before it becomes available to everyone on the front page of the site.

99%, and my save file corrupted :]]. Better get started.

I'm super excited.

Woah I haven't seen you in a while, or I might just not have looked through the forums enough, and I'm sorry to hear about your save file. Hope you manage to get back up to speed before the episode releases, or otherwise we won't have any walkthroughs to guide us through the episode ;)

Okay, I'm not a mod, but I suggest halting with this whole becoming an Ace Member thing. It's way off topic and it's not something that's just given to you. Unless you have nearly the amount of rupees it costs along with nearly there to the post count (like 20-30 posts away) then you're likely going to miss it. Getting Ace is not an instant process and believe me, not worth that much effort in this short period of time just to beta test. I went through 7 episode releases without Beta testing so I can legitimately say that.

As for the community release, it's pretty much found in the development blog or around this area iirc, but it's in the forums and not the front page. You will know it's there when the banner changes at the top. This version is generally very stable and often plays similar if not almost exactly like the official release. This version is also not super glitchy (I remember E15 beta fighting error messages like crazy for the Maison fights) and the level of difficulty is better balanced. Sometimes major glitches occur like the famous VIII Charlotte freeze, Aya ditching you in battle, XIV's AI, and the WTC one. Hopefully stuff like that won't happen this release. Believe me that I'm gonna make sure it doesn't as I gotta deal with it as well.

I'm super excited.

Play my mod instead while you wait.

Honestly, I'd actually pay attention to the dialogue now that you know what's happening. One of my favorites rereading was Terra punching the showers. Makes a little more sense than it did reading the first time around.

Woah I haven't seen you in a while, or I might just not have looked through the forums enough, and I'm sorry to hear about your save file. Hope you manage to get back up to speed before the episode releases, or otherwise we won't have any walkthroughs to guide us through the episode ;)

:] Without derailing the main post of the thread, I didn't have much to do around the forums so I disappeared, I still pop in every now in then. Though with E16 coming out I'll definitely be around as episode releases always make the forums go crazy and make them entertaining. Hopefully the Beta test goes fast, I have tons of friends who want to play the game as well.

• Developers

I'm super excited.

Actually I'd recommend you to wait for E16 release. There are many nice little changes all over the game. Plus the new animations for moves. Personally I'm planning a new run but I won't begin until E16 Hardcore CoM is out.

Looking forward to the community release!

Edited by baldr

• Developers

Okay, I'm not a mod, but I suggest halting with this whole becoming an Ace Member thing. It's way off topic and it's not something that's just given to you. Unless you have nearly the amount of rupees it costs along with nearly there to the post count (like 20-30 posts away) then you're likely going to miss it. Getting Ace is not an instant process and believe me, not worth that much effort in this short period of time just to beta test. I went through 7 episode releases without Beta testing so I can legitimately say that.

You should all just do what I did, bypass the needed posts and rupees to get Ace by becoming a developer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)