[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

If we're going to bring back old Gen4 HMs that we hated, why not bring back Defog as well and have us clear an annoying foggy area?

Oh god, what have I suggeste--...No! I didn't mean it; stave off, ye madden'd crowd-folk! Lynch me not! 'Twas but a mistake! An accident! Aaaaaugh!

Hmmm.... What if Defog is given more use in the desert and we have to use it instead of some goggles?

sorry if I'm giving bad ideas I don't want to be lynched either

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That feeling when u spent all the time Preparing for ep 16,17,18 training and catching pokemons that counter next gym leaders preparing move sets finding all thinks like Items,tickets to unlock shop floors and so on....

I wont believe i have to do it all again... please tell me im bad in english and was reading some *ehm*

That feeling when u spent all the time Preparing for ep 16,17,18 training and catching pokemons that counter next gym leaders preparing move sets finding all thinks like Items,tickets to unlock shop floors and so on....

I wont believe i have to do it all again... please tell me im bad in english and was reading some *ehm*

You mean the new field right, this one while strong has a clear disdvantage that everyone can abuse: it takes time to set up. So while they setup their field you are busy decimating their team with your hardest hitter. This field does not limit the weakness of grass in any way so getting those super effective hits will be relatively easy.

Speaking of the field does anyone think of some major opponents other then Laura on this field? Or do you think this field will be a Laura only field? I think a double battle gainst Fern and Bennet on this field might be likely.

No i meant there will be new content with Reputation with characters so we must restart all or dont cos i dont understand..

Edited by Login

• Global Mods

No i meant there will be new content with Reputation with characters so we must restart all or dont cos i dont understand..

Yeah, Ame said that there's no way for her to make choices you've already done count towards the relationship variables, so if you want all of them you'll have to make a new file.

i find that bennet is going to be the weakest e4 member because there are many rock types(+steelix that isnt) that can take out at least 3 or 4 of its pokemon.but if ame finds a good field effect it would be another story.for example a field that has sticky web implemented or some web that decreases the speed of all non bug types.but there are a lot of possibilities

Well, I would assume Bennet would completely overhaul his team. I'd be sickened if we still had a butterfree or something at the E4. Unless we get mega Butterfree in Gen 7...

But considering how underwhelming Mega Beedrill was...

Urge to light flowers on fire....not rising? I LOVE the new field effect, and good shit to Amethyst for sticking with making a field that is literally 5x more than a normal field effect. Can't wait to try it out/abuse it. Feels like something that would happen in the new flower beds of Reborn city, perhaps even in Adrienn's Gym? Unlikely since it doesn't do much for xem outside of Florges.

Just like to point out at Sage 5, Overgrow Petal Dance + STAB (aka Venusaur/Meganium) has a base power of 1620. Quad resist is still 405 base power. Like what the actual.

Looks pretty fun, tbh. Just kill the garden before it grows/abuse the growth and the battles shouldn't be too difficult (Laura and possibly Adrienn). I see it as 5 fields that flow in a progression, it doesn't seem too overly complex (from a player standpoint anyways (sorry Ame)). Wonder what else we'll see...

Edited by Bazaro

Just noticed this...

the project still has a pulse. As does the episode. Good luck with that, by the way.

What are you guys expecting it to be? The Pokemon that created the earthquakes? My bet's on a Dugtrio with a crud-ton of heads to amplify it's seismic range, although that might be ridiculous. Anyone else?

Well, if you remember the trailer at the end of E15, someone (probably Lin) says something like "Today, the heart of Reborn shall fall again. How marvelous". Since the first fall was due to an earthquake caused by Meteors, yes, it's likely that they will try another earthquake. But I don't know with which pokemon

Just like to point out at Sage 5, Overgrow Petal Dance + STAB (aka Venusaur/Meganium) has a base power of 1620. Quad resist is still 405 base power. Like what the actual.

Looks pretty fun, tbh. Just kill the garden before it grows/abuse the growth and the battles shouldn't be too difficult (Laura and possibly Adrienn). I see it as 5 fields that flow in a progression, it doesn't seem too overly complex (from a player standpoint anyways (sorry Ame)). Wonder what else we'll see...

I suppose it grinds down to if it grows each turn with Rain Dance/Sunny Day how difficult the field will be. If those moves only work on it for 1 turn, I could see the fights not being a problem as it's difficult to build to field to stage 5. Stage 3 though is where Grass starts to shine. I'm not sure whether or not Laura (I believe this field was designed for her in the E4 so Bennett will likely use it as well) will be an offensive or defensive leader (likely Offensive with Chlorophyll). But Jesus that is powerful.

I don't see how Bennett or Adrienn would get that much of an advantage in this field though. From an offensive standpoint Bennett would be kind of threatening with fast Pokemon, but yeah, he suffers from lack of fast offensive special bugs syndrome though Volcarona might be tricky to beat. Adrienn this could really suit the best from a story perspective (Obviously it suits Laura the best given there are 8 different colors. What? You didn't notice that?) given Xer ace is Florges and how Xe built and reflorished Reborn.

Interesting. Why not both? A rainbow field of flowers where bug moves are boosted in power and the chance of secondary effects are doubled, so Silver Wind becomes a move of mass destruction, and things like Energy Ball and Bug Buzz have disastrous snowball effects?

Edited by Viridescent

Hey what do you think. Will the episode be released in a month? I can't wait to play it.

The last 10% took 3 months. So we should get E16 in 2017.

Seriously though, a month is way too optimistic in my opinion. Amethyst recently finished all the mapping which are basically the area's aesthestics and all non-interactable objects, now she has to fill those with things you can interact with in those maps. Some things may take a short time like doors (or at least I hope they are short) but some things may take a lot of time (like some side quests). Dialogue to write/put in for every npc, teams to make and balance, items to hide over the map (she likes to scatter stuff all over the map), ... . She has her work cut out for her.

Hey what do you think. Will the episode be released in a month? I can't wait to play it.

If I had to guess, I'd say no later than June. Personally I think the ones working on E16 would want to get it over with as fast as possible, then spend their summers relaxing. x)

A month is rather optimistic, but I think the biggest obstacles are done (mapping, animations). What's left is Story (which shouldn't take too long, I think), Eventing and Sidequests, and some misc. updates. Added to that the beta-testing, I guess we could see the next episode launched somewhere throughout June-July.

Well assuming no more IRL problems come up, I'd say probably 2-4 months. But if problems do happen I'd say we're looking at... I don't know, 5-7 months. Of course I'm just spit balling here, and as I'm not on the Dev team, my estimates mean literally nothing. But hey, that's just a theory. A GAME THEORY.

What are you guys expecting it to be? The Pokemon that created the earthquakes? My bet's on a Dugtrio with a crud-ton of heads to amplify it's seismic range, although that might be ridiculous. Anyone else?

I also believe that we're going to fight a pulse. But where are we going to do it?

Well, this is the perfect chance for some kind of throwback. Something like storming certain suspicious building that may or may not happen to be a teleporter maze and feature an evil team leader on the rooftop.

I just found out reading some previous comments that a reputation system will be added in the next episode. From the depths of my heart, thank you very much Ame for the motivation to restart a new file on reborn so i can try and make it even better than the last one with new things to look forward to as well =).