[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The apparent lack of pollution in the lake and Apophyll Beach just seems absurd to me. Wasn't the whole lake brown not that long ago?

Can a giant, completely polluted lake like that really be cleansed in however long it takes to get from the Water Treatment Plant, to Fiore Mansion and then back to Agate Circus? Or is this some kind of super anti-pollution water?

Either way, I wouldn't dare drink any water from that lake.

Not what I meant. What I want to highlight is that (if I recall correctly) Cal is also a neglected brother and that Fern's actions actually seems to hint towards the opposite (idolising his sister) which could be quite important to his character. Or at least that's what it means to me.

Didn't knew about the grass tradition. Also what pkmn did shelly switch in that wasn't bug?

I have problem with the familly pride argument. If it was family pride why didn't he keep the grass types when fought against Aya? I mean grass is a quite versitile element which has quite some counters to poison (torterra, exeggutor, gourgeist, trevenant). You could say game mechanics but Ame still can make other monotypes quite dangerous why not grass?

Actually Fern trashed Shelly when he talks about her and he was disdainful about Cain as well. So he doesn't target you. The only thing he actually talks nice is either about himself (duh) or Florinia which could be familly pride but I doubt that. He was quite harsher against Aya but that could be because he actually lost a few times against her. Or maybe he bashes her harder because she is more open about her own insecurities and Fern consider those as a weakness.

I meant Shelly had a type advantage over Fern, because grass is weak to bug, but he called her a pushover

I don't remember where it was stated that grass types were a tradition, I think it was around the school?

Eviolite too! Whenever Scyther becomes available I want to slap one on it.

Ame, I think link stones would be the best evolutionary item to make slightly more available, as so many pokemon evolve through trading. Also, items like dragon scale that have a very low rate on pokemon. I spent 3-4 hours using thief on horsea before I finally found a dragon scale. I never want to see a remoraid again.

Edited by Kagamine

The apparent lack of pollution in the lake and Apophyll Beach just seems absurd to me. Wasn't the whole lake brown not that long ago?

Can a giant, completely polluted lake like that really be cleansed in however long it takes to get from the Water Treatment Plant, to Fiore Mansion and then back to Agate Circus? Or is this some kind of super anti-pollution water?

Either way, I wouldn't dare drink any water from that lake.

To be honest, this is a very common element of video games due to the very misconception of time. It's more that developers throw out time sense for the sake of convenience such as having people build a bridge in 10 seconds. It's generally more for fantasy type games as Sci-fi (or ones with a lot of tech) games usually are more careful about their logic.

I got a better question to boggle your mind. How did Team Meteor even move that Camerupt without anyone noticing?

I got a better question to boggle your mind. How did Team Meteor even move that Camerupt without anyone noticing?

By teleporting of course, everyone (in every Pokemon game) except the protagonist is able to do it

To be honest that one boggled me when you defeat the first PULSEgrowth and Eve's just like "recover the model and escape at once".

I mean, those machines do look kind of big...

Perhaps someone got bored and invented a shrink ray.

I suppose in a pokeball , if you mean the PULSE machine in parts . They disguise themselves as the official reborn hiker club and each grunt carries a part or two in their backpack towards the Volcano.

I mean if you built the machine right installing it could be done as easy as playing with lego technics. Configuring the machine could be done by a program cd made by Eve.

Why do you think they have so many grunts? To carry the parts and combining each piece of course.

Edited by FairFamily

took some item stuff down, thanks! incense items have already been distributed throughout the game btw

the beach and island aren't changing much, they just have new maps because of the water cleaning. the sand color changes because the beach is less polluted as a whole. the grey from the ash is obviously still there.

today i made the graphics for the aforementioned sidequest area which was.... a lot easier than i thought it was going to be (largely because some references of real-world stuff i found showed it was a lot simpler than i expected). figuring out the mapping details is gonna be a pain in the butteroni and cheese though.

additionally, here's the result of what inuki jan and i worked on today. we spent a lot of time on it, but we're really pleased with the final product here:

EjN34Qi.png

Now I'm curious what that even means... cuz I don't get it

but hey.. Adrienn did make Reborn great again

I can't help but wonder if there is any secret hint behind that... thing.

Now I'm curious what that even means... cuz I don't get it

It may mean that Route 5 is going to be a water route or something

Edited by PsychoticPudu

It reminds me a little of the main series' animation for Extrasensory, especially the bit where the target is 'shaken'. but I like it very much. Certainly beats the original satanic circle-pentagram thing.

Also, that is one accomplished Hitmonlee. Using Psychic, Twineedle and even Poison Fang (the last being the strangest, as Hitmonlee has no visible mouth) to great effect!

I disapprove of the picture Ame helped create; The second "a" in Walmart is filled in wrong :(

Adrienn therefore failed to make Reborn great, and the walls are coming down; time to re-welcome the Byxbysion area, hm?

TRASH FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

It reminds me a little of the main series' animation for Extrasensory, especially the bit where the target is 'shaken'. but I like it very much. Certainly beats the original satanic circle-pentagram thing.

Also, that is one accomplished Hitmonlee. Using Psychic, Twineedle and even Poison Fang (the last being the strangest, as Hitmonlee has no visible mouth) to great effect!

And Singing without a mouth.

• Developers

Yeah that's not a bad idea, extrasensory is on the list so i might remake psychic and make that one it instead, who knows

I disapprove of the picture Ame helped create; The second "a" in Walmart is filled in wrong :(

Adrienn therefore failed to make Reborn great, and the walls are coming down; time to re-welcome the Byxbysion area, hm?

TRASH FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

And Singing without a mouth.

I did nothing wrong it was a direct copypaste it's probably just shadow or something :[

All E16 animations are now done.

Have a Psychic attack, courtesy of Inuki.

0osjCNB.gif

Ooooh, looking good! Reminds me of Gen...3? Or was it 4? Psychic. Looks good, and extra bonus points it has the trademark sound effect. You know the one! Assuming that's actually possible in Essentials, at least.

If we're going to bring back old Gen4 HMs that we hated, why not bring back Defog as well and have us clear an annoying foggy area?

Oh god, what have I suggeste--...No! I didn't mean it; stave off, ye madden'd crowd-folk! Lynch me not! 'Twas but a mistake! An accident! Aaaaaugh!

Ame please, don't tell me we will be needing whirlpool to explore the cleaned waters cause my vaporeon is already carrying waterfall and dive u.u

Nah, but when we face Amaria, expect several of her pokemon to be abusing the hell out of it.

Viri. No. Don't. The last thing we need in Reborn is the return of HM05. Yes, HM, not TMX. And then the move deleter left the reborn region. Whops.

Whirlpool is at least somewhat cool (and useful, given the fields). Regardless, new Water-type TMX disk for the bag! unless none of either.

Yeah that's not a bad idea, extrasensory is on the list so i might remake psychic and make that one it instead, who knows

I did nothing wrong it was a direct copypaste it's probably just shadow or something :[

14006835576_2250e1a82e_b.jpg

Looked at some at a different angle; they actually fill in the "a"s on some of the signs. With an off-colour material, that they don't bother to paint.

(and even for the stores that tan is on-colour for, it looks odd due to it being raised from the rest of the wall (no shadows from letter). Exterior design for in a nutshell :P)

Edited by Cobalt996

• Developers

Hey Ame, just found out that Rocky Helmet is also unavailable in the game. (At least I didn't find it in the Item Guide for E15.)

EDIT: Oval Charm for breeding would be nice as well.

Edited by baldr