Gym Leader Tier List

LeoYT

Given on what's been posted before by everyone, I gave each tier a value (From D = 0 to S = 4) then run calculations on the average tier of each leader. Here are the results but I don't know what to do with these, hence the different tier lists:

Reborn.JPG.193e0b112a360e4957137da01260ddef.JPG

The tier lists are fully arbritary, hence the different possibilites. We could use the median value which change the results a little. We could use other values for each tier. One thing sure is that we lack data ^^.

2 hours ago, L__Haze said:

There’s a few opportunities to counter Florinia. For instance fury cutter kriketune which can even deal with the likes of cradily

You're right. I've forgotten that earlygame-breaking strat.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Outside Indoorsman said:

I have to admit, Shelly can be problematic but I was not expecting her to get the top spot for so many people. And poor Luna just can't catch a break, can she?

Shelly's only real weakness at that point is rock since she has instant rain dance and dark is just a really weak type after the early game and by that point her field is super easy to disable

I'm amused by how off my tier list is. Terra was soloed by my starter (contrary serperior) and Rocky was similarly my starter + excadrill doing everything. I mostly found early gyms hard with charlotte being the last difficult gym. Grass starter also felt like a sucky early gym choice. After that I trained more and more varied pokemon so I had a large variety of counters. Titania was mostly soloed by excadrill and Amaria was essentially soloed by serperior.

S - Charlotte, Aya. These two gyms required a good deal of unique preparation. Both fields were painful and Aya forced me to go get a mist pokemon to end her field effect. Charlotte I was surprised by water types faring a lot worse than expected due to her field wasting a lot of my training time.

A - Shelly, Florina. I did not get my slugma yet for Florina so her battle saw me use 0 fire types. I think in general my team was still pretty sucky here and I didn't really learn to expand much til later.

B - Corey, Noel, Samson. Both had annoying finishers. Corey's crobat outsped everything and single handedly made me lose half my team a couple rounds. Noel's last pokemon just didn't want to die. Samson took several tries.

C - Julia, Luna, Shade, Kiki, Radomus, Serra, Amaria. Julia was done 2nd try by volt absorb pachirisu. The rest I think were 2nd/3rd try without requiring me to do any grinding and just using my main team. Amaria was the exception and could go in rank B. On one hand she took 6ish tries. On the other hand all I was doing was trying to get serperior to last as he had the attack to kill her but not the bulk. In the end my strategy was doubles, serperior attacks every turn and his partner heals him.

D - Terra, Hardy, Titania, Ciel, All gyms that my first try was victory (except maybe ciel). I did titania and hardy expecting to lose and make plans based on their pokemon, but instead excadrill screwed them heavily. I don't really remember ciel so not sure if that was 1st/2nd try but either way being forgettable means I didn't have to think much for her.

Lastly while excadrill shined a lot in later gyms his real feat that made me proud was doing most of the episode 18 gauntlet for me. Sandstorm + sand rush + swords dance = sweep everything

• Like 1

this is mine based off of difficulty

9CeyJCR.png

edit: I actually didn't expect Terra to rated so highly for so many people tbh. I've always found her to be one of the easiest gyms in the game. Her only problem was that quagsire that was just hard to kill but it didn't actually do anything so...

My tierlist based off of difficulty. I have done 3 playthroughs of Pokemon Reborn.

I rate the difficulty based on how many tries it took me to beat the gym leader. I also take into consideration if I had to change my team up to beat the gym leader.

-S  -> several tries + team changes

-A  -> several tries OR team changes + few tries

-B -> few tries (sometimes first try)

-C -> mostly first try (sometimes few tries)

-D -> always first try

1986312991_my-image(2).thumb.png.76af943079b6a844578cbce85ad1e830.png

On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 12:43 AM, Outside Indoorsman said:

I have to admit, Shelly can be problematic but I was not expecting her to get the top spot for so many people. And poor Luna just can't catch a break, can she?

Shelly is the hardest fight at the time you face her, and demands quite a bit more preparation than any gym leader does until you get to agate circus. Most fights in the above time frame can be beaten with having one mon with a decent matchup, but Shelly, like most late game fights, demands either multiple decent answers or one very powerful one. The latter is rare so most people won't have it, while the former also isn't terribly likely unless you're specifically preparing for Shelly.

But on the flipside, you can prepare just for shelly, because A) the fights surrounding her don't require much prep, and B) it's early enough you likely aren't using any of the pokemon available for the long haul anyway. These two factors mean the opportunity cost of prepping for Shelly isn't as high as, say, prepping heavily with ground and Fire types for titania then immediately going to amaria.

Late to this, but here is my list, depending on the difficulty I had with them. Keep in mind I started playing since episode XI (the Luna one), some gym leaders didn't have their fields yet and I mostly like using my main 6.

Amaria was hell to me, her field gave her the most unfair advantages and power boosts, it felt almost mandatory to change the field or use x items to have a chance (which I did, in the Reshiram-Zekrom route respectively). Charlotte was a "do or die" battle, it depends on me setting up my Pokemon early and sweep her in a few turns, or her sweeeping me in a few turns. Hardy was similar, but I was much better prepared against Rock types.

descarga.png

On 5/20/2019 at 3:52 PM, andracass said:

psst hi kids

so this is a super great idea and i went and added in some of the other characters that aren't leaders but are still, like, around and stuff

check it: https://tiermaker.com/create/pokemon-reborn-character-ranking-65764

and also:

1168776355_my-image(5).thumb.png.db7ef01bb9224ba12ace6a335a33cec0.png

Thanks! Now that everyone is there, I can rank them on how much I like them as characters

my-image (10).png

• Like 1

This is my difficulty one, i'm actually not able to post another image at all lmao

Ill try to upload it somewhere (the "i like" one)

my-image (2).png

Lets just ignore the edit madness

Favs

^

Edited by Yahen

Hey! Thank you for the templates, Leo! 🙂

I would be glad to share my rating boards concerning both gym battle difficulties and the one showing how much I love/hate people in Reborn. Here it is!

Difficulty ranks:

3VrjlH4.png

Likability ranks:

3wRt5vo.png