Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Maqqy

Literally just Slurpuff again.  Is this why they deleted half the Pokemon?  So they could just make half the Pokemon over again and hope no one notices?  Well screw that.  Slurpuff is my man and this means he probably didn't make the cut.

EDIT:  I'm dumb, the Slurpuff line was in a trailer so he hasn't been deleted yet.  I hope this new guy's an evolution of Slurpuff, that'd be dope.

37 minutes ago, Eagleby18 said:

Literally just Slurpuff again.  Is this why they deleted half the Pokemon?  So they could just make half the Pokemon over again and hope no one notices?  Well fuck that.  Slurpuff is my man and this means he probably didn't make the cut.

Swirlix and Slurpuff are in the game

2 hours ago, Eagleby18 said:

Literally just Slurpuff again.  Is this why they deleted half the Pokemon?  So they could just make half the Pokemon over again and hope no one notices?  Well fuck that.  Slurpuff is my man and this means he probably didn't make the cut.

Can you please stop with the negativity? People have already voiced their concerns with TPC's decisions. Let's just drop it now and focus on the new content that has been posted. 

3 hours ago, Lucky98 said:

Swirlix and Slurpuff are in the game

Holy crap you're right, it was in one of the trailers.  Maybe this thing is a third evolution of the line?  That'd be awesome!   ...Unless he loses unburden.  Or if Marill is deleted so you can't breed Belly Drum onto him.  But if the latter happens you can still breed a Belly Drum Slurpuff from the 3ds games.

Gigamax could be funny, especially with this wedding cake which made me laugh at work (I was subtle thankfully). Will we end up with a pudding pokemon, one famous british recipe?

Speaking of it, as said earlier, this cake pokemon just screams an alternate evolution in the Slurpuff line. Maybe we can expect new evolutions for forgotten pokemons (not Slurpuff tho, this guy is everything), just like Gen4 did. I'm a little hyped.

The Steel/Dragon pokemon is very similar to Gigalith. Their shapes are really close. When I first saw it I was like 'O-M-G GALAR FORMS CONFIRMED' but ... another time perhaps.

Also, is it just me or does this regions theme with Pokemon seem opposite with Alola? What I mean is the Pokemon from Alola mostly seemed like they were slow. Galar seems to have this thing where the bulky looking Pokemon seem to be surprisingly quick. It just seems interesting to me.

So we got another trailer! I see the english ver. has been posted so I'm just going to post the japanese ver. also.

I like this one better

Anyway!!

Ummm so for the new pokes.

Alcremie is... sweet. Didn't know how to feel about it at first but just gigantimaxing into a whole wedding cake is so hilarious 😂 I kinda love Alcremie for tickling my funny bone with that one.

Yamper is a cutie and that's what's important so let's not just talk about that ability. Though yeah maybe it will be useful for catching pokes.

It really makes me wonder if Hidden abilities are still existent. I don't know, I hope it will. I just have a feeling because they already got rid of mega evo and z moves. 

Rolycoly was my fave!!! I don't know about ya'll but Rolycoly is clean. He looks sick. You can probably say he's coal (cool)....... yup

I also like his ability. I'm hoping it benefits him though. S/M had mons that have great abilities but with poor stats (that f-in speed), it didn't get to use its full potential. Hopefully SwSh will be different.

Duraludon is.... okay. The typing is dope though! It also looks pretty powerful with you know, battling Tyranitar out of all mons. But the one thing that bugs me is.. how am I heavier than Duraludon?? 40 KG??? He sexy.

Because of its weight, I'm afraid light/heavy metal will benefit it in any way. If Heavy Slam somehow gets nerfed or it has another hidden ability, maybe it will have a chance.

9 hours ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

Also, is it just me or does this regions theme with Pokemon seem opposite with Alola? What I mean is the Pokemon from Alola mostly seemed like they were slow. Galar seems to have this thing where the bulky looking Pokemon seem to be surprisingly quick. It just seems interesting to me.

If they're not making them quick with decent speed and following the trend of Alola mons, I'm suing. 

Seriously, imagine if Gen 7 mons had atleast above 70 speed. They would be staples imo. Such a waste tbh. Still love them btw.

SO THE NEW CHARACTERS!!

If there's one thing they nailed in this game, it's the characters. The designs are all 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 THE HEAT IS IMMENSE

My personal fave from this trailer is Allister!! He's giving off creepy puppetmaster vibes. Bea or should I say Bae-a, is a bea-uty. We STAN! 

But making them both version exclusives....... why. Drayden and Iris were the same in Gen 5 but both were the same type. I mean........ sigh. What to do.

Moving on let's talk more about that japanese trailer.

That trailer showed more of the areas in Galar and more clips of gameplay. 

You know I'm really liking how SwSh is presented graphically. The game looks beautiful. We'll probably appreciate it more when we get to play it ourselves.

Okay so.... Gigantimaxing.

Don't really have much to say about it. It may be something that I'll get to enjoy if I play the game myself and capture that feeling of hype. Seeing as it is now, 50/50. 

This very much confirms that Drednaw, Alcremie and Corviknight doesn't evolve due to it having gigantimax forms. Welp, that's that. I was really reaching for Corviknight but well, the form looks good nonetheless.

THIS ALL very much confirms yet again that leak back in may.

I'M REALLY HYPED FOR FARFETCH'D'S EVO. I really am. I am willing to forgive GF of the things they've done if they give justice to one of the most forgotten mons omg. It's so sad how desperate I have become

So that's that. 

I saw the trailer first thing in the morning so it was quite a surprise. Didn't expect we'll be getting news but here we are!

I'm going to be honest, ever since the whole fiasco happened my hype got down a little. 

Nevertheless, I am still going to play the game since I'm pokemon trash. It's just a shame that the community has been divided, considering it's our first ever home console game.

I'm still clinging onto hope for improvement. I'm really praying that we will get another Gen 5 game. I'll just enjoy what we have for now. No shame in doing that 🙂

38 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

This very much confirms that Drednaw, Alcremie and Corviknight doesn't evolve due to it having gigantimax forms. Welp, that's that. I was really reaching for Corviknight but well, the form looks good nonetheless.

THIS ALL very much confirms yet again that leak back in may.

Well if you also remember what that leak said, it also mentioned how Meowth, Lapras and Pikachu were to get Gigantimax forms. And Meowth and Pikachu aren't fully evolved. So it's possible they can still evolve... Although I doubt Corviknight will. Drednaw is 50/50 for me. I think Alcremie will definitely have at least 1 evolution.

Btw, THANK YOU FOR FINDING THE JAPANESE TRAILER! I COULDN'T FIND IT FOR SOME REASON! Did you notice near the end of the trailer it says 2019.7.12 ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Youmu9 said:

Can you please stop with the negativity? People have already voiced their concerns with TPC's decisions. Let's just drop it now and focus on the new content that has been posted. 

People are allowed to be negative and the original reply did have something to do with the new content as from the information he had at the time it seemed like one of his pokemon was replaced. If you don't like seeing people not liking the game for understandable reasons than just move on to the next post.

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2019 at 8:50 PM, Youmu9 said:

2 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

People are allowed to be negative and the original reply did have something to do with the new content as from the information he had at the time it seemed like one of his pokemon was replaced. If you don't like seeing people not liking the game for understandable reasons than just move on to the next post.

I am with @The Swordsman on this one. I think it is not only allowed, but also necessary for people to freely talk about things they don't like. Even more so if it concerns decisions that affect the subject at hand this much. In this particular case the fact that Pokémon are being cut from the Sword/Shield games is something that i don't want to support. And if some of the cut Pokémon are replaced by new Pokémon that look almost the same that is even more reason for people to voice their opinion on the matter.

Anyway, if Game Freak and Nintendo really pull this stunt off i would not be surprised if Pokémon Sword/Shield would end up to be the worst selling games of the main series. Pokémon Sun/Moon already recieved some harsh critics for some of the decisions made there, which had to be fixed (or at least solved in a better way) in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

I can only speak for myself, but i won't support or buy any official main series Pokémon game that cuts Pokémon from the game for such ridiculous reasons.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Look, i'm not saying you're not allowed to be negative or anything but this negativity just puts the people who are still excited for the game in a foul mood. Just asking if you could lay off it or just make another topic about it, that's all. 

Anyway, I like all the new Pokemon but Duraludon is my personal favorite so far. A great typing and it looks like it will have a decent speed stat with how it's weight is looking. Can't wait for new stuff and I hope we get some starter evolutions soon!

2 hours ago, Youmu9 said:

Look, i'm not saying you're not allowed to be negative or anything but this negativity just puts the people who are still excited for the game in a foul mood. Just asking if you could lay off it or just make another topic about it, that's all. 

The exact same thing could be said for people who are overly positive, since it comes across as sweeping GF's long-rooted issues under the rug yet again in order to pretend that everything is all fine and dandy. Which will only encourage the creators to decide that they have done absolutely nothing wrong, and therefore should push even further next time. Look, I've been a fan of Pokemon since it was released in the US. I was literally one of the first people in my area to buy a copy of the games (as in the first person that the store SOLD Pokemon Red to), and have bought at least one of each pair of games they've released since. I think at this point I'm allowed to look back on the multitude of bad decisions that have been made culminating in this and express some negativity about it.

On the actual stuff. I don't like the cake Pokemon. I'm not sure exactly what it is that rubs me the wrong way about it, maybe its just my disdain for things that are designed to be sickeningly cute, but it looks bad. Not as bad as the legendaries, but still among my least favorite of the revealed Pokemon. Rolycoly looks better, and I'm holding off judgement of Duralaudon for now, but give tentative thumbs up to it. But...well, the Pokemon continue to look like toys. Not in design, but in the way the light gleams off of them. They look fake. Yes, yes I know they are fake, but in the previous games this wasn't an issue. At least not one that I've noticed before. The models are off.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Youmu9 said:

Just asking if you could lay off it or just make another topic about it, that's all. 

Not going to happen at least from me, this is the general topic for Pokemon SW&SH, not a positive only topic or a echo chamber. If I have something negative to say, I will say it.  Like I said before if a negative comment does bother you, it is possible to move on to the next post, no one is forcing you to read that comment. Now with that out of the way, I am interested in the new elephant(?) pokemon and think that the new ghost type gym leader is a nice shout out to the Shy Guys from the Mario series.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

Not going to happen at least from me, this is the general topic for Pokemon SW&SH, not a positive only topic or a echo chamber. If I have something negative to say, I will say it.  Like I said before if a negative comment does bother you, it is possible to move on to the next post, no one is forcing you to read that comment. Now with that out of the way, I am interested in the new elephant(?) pokemon and think that the new ghost type gym leader is a nice shout out to the Shy Guys from the Mario series.

Yeah, same here. If there are things that i don't like about the new games, i will keep talking about it if i feel like it.

Also for the ghost type "Shy Guy" gym leader....you know, that guy reminded me of a german Youtuber who goes by the name "GermanLetsPlay". That guy uses an Avatar that wears a mask just like that and the guy himself is pretty much known for the fact that he refuses to show his face. Then again, i can understand why he values his privacy.

• Upvote 1

It, uh, confirms that hydreigon's in the game, if that hadn't been done yet? Though a hydreigon of those proportions would most certainly be an absolute disaster to the nearby area, so knocking that thing down a few pegs would be doing the world a much-needed service. In general, though, I don't think this really reveals anything we didn't know already, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: I'm an idiot- deino was revealed to be Version-Exclusive just a couple days ago! Though, if this raid is in the game itself and not just being used to look cool, it might be a way to bypass that exclusivity. That's... not nothing.

• Like 1

Bro where are they finding these killer soundtracks? Give me the full song ASAP!

The highlight of the commercial is Gengar's Max-Ghost type move with it throwing around what it looks like furniture? Other than that nothing new. 

I like how every time they show us a new perspective of the Galar areas the more fascinated I am with it. Still very much excited to explore this new region.

Also, I saw Pikachu dynamaxing. The leaks stated that it'll become fat retro pikachu when it gigantamax. Hmm guess we will have to wait and see. 

The day that they will reveal Sirfetch'd is the day I will combust to smithereens.

14 hours ago, Maqqy said:

Bro where are they finding these killer soundtracks? Give me the full song ASAP!

The highlight of the commercial is Gengar's Max-Ghost type move with it throwing around what it looks like furniture? Other than that nothing new. 

I like how every time they show us a new perspective of the Galar areas the more fascinated I am with it. Still very much excited to explore this new region.

Also, I saw Pikachu dynamaxing. The leaks stated that it'll become fat retro pikachu when it gigantamax. Hmm guess we will have to wait and see. 

The day that they will reveal Sirfetch'd is the day I will combust to smithereens.

Ghost type move or Psychic move? Because the power of telekinesis is what's used to levitate objects. 

Please don't combust to smithereens friend. 😿

Also, I like the look of the new Zacienta Nintendo Switch Lite. I think I'll buy that when I can~  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SilverAngelus said:

Also, I like to look of the new Zacienta Nintendo Switch Lite. I think I'll buy that when I can~  

this was me too :3 hope they do a Switch/Lite + Sword/Shield bundle so I can kill two pidoves with one geodude

I haven't really paid attention to a lot of the news. I made my decision on the games in general, and I'll stick to it, at least until the games come out and we get further info. 

The switch lite looks slick though. When the switch first came out I remember people suggesting how it would replace the 3ds, and one of my biggest complaints was that it was clearly meant to be a console platform. Take your regular switch out of it's docking system, hold it between your hands and play with it for a while. It's not a handheld. It's a bit bulky even for me, and you can't just get comfortable somewhere with it. The switch lite fixes that.

Also I haven't really kept up on the news on what's happening with showdown. When the national dex issue was first announced, there was a lot of discussion about not moving showdown forward into Gen 8. From what I hear, now the discussion is more towards hosting multiple formats of Gen 8 battle sets. Basically, there would a format for Gen 8 battles as they are, and then a format for Gen 8 battles including every single Pokemon. Normally I wouldn't worry because we have so many different formats on Showdown already, but this has already brought up the point: "What about a Gen 8 format without dyna/gigamax with Z-moves and Megas instead?" or "How are you going to manage all the Pokemon that are left out. They'll be left behind update wise when it comes to new moves, abilities, and stat updates." To make matters worse, there's the potential of a completely separate tiering on Smogon itself which almost makes it official.

It's a bit nerve wracking because you can see the community being split up with this.

• Upvote 1

Yeah well....the community being split up is a natural result of what is going to happen with Sword/Shield. Anyone of you playing the Yu-Gi-Oh! card game? The physical cards, not the digital games. The Yu-Gi-Oh! community was split up as well when the 6th gen brought new rules to the table that force you to use the new cards if you want to play your old ones properly. Of course a lot of players were not amused by this and either quit playing the game or stopped buying the new cards and keep playing by the old rules of gen 5.

What i want to say is that we might get a similar situation with the Pokémon community. Those people who don't like what Nintendo and Game Freak are doing with Sword/Shield will just stop buying the new games and either quit Pokémon entirely or stick to playing the 7th gen games or fan games that do a better job than the official games.

And then there is also the fact that Pokémon might be getting a strong competition from an upcoming game called Temtem. I'll be checking that out once the game will be in early access in September on Steam.

As for the Switch Lite i am not sure if that would be for me. They clearly said that the Switch Lite will only support games that can be played in handheld mode. Any game that requires the console mode to be played will not run on the Switch Lite. The idea itself is nice though.