Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

• Supporter

You may ignore the spoiler. It's meant for our new friend, AiedailEclipsed , who appears to be confident on their sarcasm, yet not so much on their arguments.

I really wasn't trying to be sarcastic, but I can come across that way a lot. Sorry about that. ^_^

Pokken - I was going off of an evidently outdated Bulbapedia article. The Pokemon Company is publishing the Wii U version, but not the arcade machines in Japan. The point still stands though, as the majority of your time would be taken up in the development process.

I'll agree with you on the point of Sun/Moon being a bit meh, so far. I suppose it'd be interesting to see if they do a GSC style generation, where we go back to Kalos, but... to be honest, I was never a fan of HGSS.

I don't think you were being any more harsh than I was trying to be sarcastic. :) As far as introducing myself, I don't really have much to say. I've yet to start playing Reborn as I'm thinking of waiting for Episode 16, but I'm not sure.

I remember reading that the developers for Pokemon were going back to the simple pokemon designs for any new pokemon, designs such as Gengar. But what I want and dream of for any new gen is the choice to be good or evil, be dictator and rule as king/queen. I doubt that will ever happen outside of fangames, but I can still dream.

• Developers

If there's no wolf pokemon for Moon, then I don't know what they're doing with their lives :x

There will be, but it will be Sun exclusive. Calling it.

I remember reading that the developers for Pokemon were going back to the simple pokemon designs for any new pokemon, designs such as Gengar. But what I want and dream of for any new gen is the choice to be good or evil, be dictator and rule as king/queen. I doubt that will ever happen outside of fangames, but I can still dream.

I'll believe simple when I see it, after Magiana. Then again,I have no problem with complex, some of my favourite designs are pretty wacky and involved. As for the big choice, or indeed any meaningful choices, certainly is something to dream about.

That didn't take them long, interesting stuff here.

I also saw a speculation that the game's box art legendaries may be Amateratsu and Susano-O inspired. Which is hightly likely.

I really hope we get a two region game like gsc. It would make sense since we still need to get volcanion and the new zygarde forms.

This. It's been years since we've had a game like GSC/HGSS, and with how technology is proceeding it's likely possible they're able to put two large 3D regions into one game.

some random theory i came across during the preview where it is showing all the games and the year they came out it says it all comes together and the person speculated we could get a mega six gen game of some kind a little far fetched but I definitely believe a game where you go back to kalos is possible

some random theory i came across during the preview where it is showing all the games and the year they came out it says it all comes together and the person speculated we could get a mega six gen game of some kind a little far fetched but I definitely believe a game where you go back to kalos is possible

Since this is 7th gen, where probably done with 6th gen games. If another 6th gen were to be announced they would've revealed it before this sun and moon.

Something tells me that with the release of Zygarde forms, maybe this is kind of a sequel to X and Y and we will journey back there for some reason. I am hoping for new Pokemon and development of the previous Pokemon perhaps. Maybe another 100 like with G/S/C.

What I really want are starters that have a final evolution that gains the type they are weak against so we have Grass/Fire, Water/Grass, and Fire/Water.

Here's hoping for mega forms of Solrock and Lunatone. ;)

If Solrock gets one and Flygon, Milotic, Luxray, Raticate, Feraligatr, Meganium, Typhlosion, Electivire, Toxicroak, Kingler, Drapion, Liligant, Krookodile, and Gogoat do not get one, I'll be seriously disappointed.

Also, make that Cub -> Wolf -> Werewolf pokemon happen.

Something tells me that with the release of Zygarde forms, maybe this is kind of a sequel to X and Y and we will journey back there for some reason. I am hoping for new Pokemon and development of the previous Pokemon perhaps. Maybe another 100 like with G/S/C.

What I really want are starters that have a final evolution that gains the type they are weak against so we have Grass/Fire, Water/Grass, and Fire/Water.

Personally, I think that would make them overpowered as they would have very limited weaknesses, even with weaker stats they would have a big advantage. What I myself want is a water/fire/grass ghost type, fairy type, and dragon type.

If Solrock gets one and Flygon, Milotic, Luxray, Raticate, Feraligatr, Meganium, Typhlosion, Electivire, Toxicroak, Kingler, Drapion, Liligant, Krookodile, and Gogoat do not get one, I'll be seriously disappointed.

Also, make that Cub -> Wolf -> Werewolf pokemon happen.

Flygon and Milotic should've gotten megas with ORAS, still a bit bummed that they didn't. Personally, aside from the soluna pair, I'd like to see a mega Noctowl or Weezing. Highly doubt it'll happen, but eh always hope. ^_^

And a werewolf pokemon would be awesome!

Edited by Aurorain

A new Gen eh maybe this time we'll get the "Light" type (as we already have Dark) i hope it's a new region or a return to Kanto (either would be fine) i don't want it to be in Kalos as X&Y were the worst games of the series imo (the 3D was the only good feature).

P.S.

If we actually get a new type Reborn will need a new Gym Leader

Let's talk about technical upgrades.

XY and ORAS brought us up into full 3D, and it seems to me that every Gen has brought us at least something new to the graphical table. This would suggest that Sun and Moon will bring us something too. Will the Pokémon models be particularly changed, with more polygons, wider colour ranges, or complex battle animations? Or do you think we're likely to see essentially imports of what we have in Gen 6 as Game Freak focus on other things?

Perhaps they'll add more opportunities for the 3DS to utilise true 3D in the overworld. Whilst I've never played XY and can't comment on them much, I've found places like Petalburg Forest and Sky Pillar to be among the best places in ORAS for looks, and the 3D no doubt helped there. I don't expect them to make the entire overworld 3D, but more areas with it would be appreciated.

With the release of the New 3DS last year, it seems likely that they'll make some opportunities for owners to use the C-Stick and ZR/ZL buttons in Sun and Moon. I reckon it would have to be shortcuts to features that you can already access from the menu, though, so as not to disadvantage 3DS owners.

And perhaps they'll optimise Gen 7 enough that lag in 3D-enabled battles and triple battles is finally gone, or at the very least significantly reduced. Maybe it's too ambitious a task, but we'll see in due time.

Any thoughts on what I've said here? Or feel free to add something I've missed.