Angel Of Death

GhxstPapi

Alright so there have been plenty of really tough battles lately (Souta) and ive managed to make it through but this one has me stuck since even if i switch my team up it one shot all of them (except sylveon it lovely kisses it nonstop) i recently caught a steelix but even that goes down with one shot from dark pulse. im honestly at a loss here.

My Current Team (that im changing as we speak)

Ghost (Decidueye)

Cherry (Mawile)

Fena (Lucario)

Aurum (Luxray)

Sting (Noivern)

Usagi (Cinderace)

If you manage to lower its speed enough, Vigoroth—which you should be guaranteed to have, since it's a shadow pokemon—can singlehandedly wall it by switching into a Lovely Kiss and then using Encore. Bonus points if it has work up too to set up

• Like 1

S.def bulky Sylveon with Misty Terrain, Calm Mind and Mooblast

Also, a piece of advice, your team is filled with speedy glass-canons, they may be better at dealing with common trainers but once you get to difficult and tricky fights like these they will usually be wiped out easily, you need to diversify your team a bit with other types of strategies like getting a bulky staller, a screen settler, a debuffer, etc.

• Like 1

With Sylveon, if you keep spamming calm mind until it maxes out, while healing with ultra potions, you can easily tank its attacks since it only has fighting nd dark attacks. When you get put to sleep, just wait through it and heal when you get close to fainting. Once you've maxed out your special stats, then start hitting back with moonblasts. When I tried this the fight with this strategy I won first time (although you might have to get lucky on the first turn to get off the first calm mind) so good luck!

17 minutes ago, AccursedMuffin said:

With Sylveon, if you keep spamming calm mind until it maxes out, while healing with ultra potions, you can easily tank its attacks since it only has fighting nd dark attacks. When you get put to sleep, just wait through it and heal when you get close to fainting. Once you've maxed out your special stats, then start hitting back with moonblasts. When I tried this the fight with this strategy I won first time (although you might have to get lucky on the first turn to get off the first calm mind) so good luck!

Also, remember to equip a Chesto Berry and keep the Misty Terrain up, it will try to put it to sleep with a Lovely Kiss, the Misty Terrain will prevent her from doing so forcing her to just keep attacking while you stack Calm Mind

This guy completely breaks the fight. Train it in Special Defense and HP. Preferably a Special Defense Nature. Move set is toxic, purify, recover (if you ban items in battle), and whatever else. Equip a chesto berry (they can be bought in town). Then t1, purify, she will lovely kiss. You will wake up, but now the field is gone, so she will miss a lot, toxic twice (because she has lum berry), and recover (or use a item if you are one of those people) whenever you are low. Easy win. 

image.jpeg

Edit: This worked for me on Normal no items, so it should be pretty consistent. 

Edited by pizzagod13
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 10:50 AM, MhicKy said:

S.def bulky Sylveon with Misty Terrain, Calm Mind and Mooblast

Although I've only done this battle in V12 this was my strat as well. 

Two Sylveon, one with a Magical Seed for an auto Trick Room, one with Misty Terrain to nullify LK, one managing to pull off a Calm Mind and a double Moonblast assault.

Granted the main reason for having two Sylveon was that I was a dumbfuck and didn't take the gift Sylveon back to the city to get it Misty Terrain from the move relearner, the double Moonblast was an unexpected wrecking ball. 

The Magical Seed is the most important factor, it's pretty much the only way to go first. 

Did this fight last night, it wasn't hard just annoying. Misty Terrain does not block the Lovely Kiss btw. I dunno if that changed in a recent update or the game is bugged, but the Gardevoir repeatedly put my Sylveon to sleep with Misty Terrain up.