V13 Vaccine change.

Magus543

Still, even if the vaccines are gone, you could still probably tell what their original purpose was used for.  Everyone else got the purple (I think?) vaccine, while you get the red one, and Melia gets the gold one.  Obviously the red one was to show that you are a "danger" to the city (And mostly so that Team Xen could track you down and deal with you), and the gold one was so that Team Xen could track her location and nab her.  As for the purple ones?  Honestly, I thought those were all duds.  BUT THEN AGAIN...  Honestly, I thought they were all originally part of the Xenpurgis, but I could be wrong.  Looks like Isha doesn't get to use his revenge plan after all of spreading some deadly virus, causing a regional pandemic that would be just as bad as Storm-9.

And hey, vaccines don't have tracking devices, there's no way that any organization, whether political, medical, business, evil, etc. would track anyone down who has a vaccine injected in them... right?

I'm just gonna drop this here just in case...

Spoiler

I'm kinda glad that the vaccine scene was gone tbh. 

2 hours ago, Trevore said:

Looks like Isha doesn't get to use his revenge plan after all of spreading some deadly virus, causing a regional pandemic that would be just as bad as Storm-9.

This is why..  Personally, I think it was because of the pandemic and vaccine trust issues in real life that the scene was removed.

1 hour ago, Cyphre said:

However, doc here still told us that "he left a present for each and every person in a city" when we got him. Dont know if this is a part of text that was not removed, or he still did something. 

That's what I thought his backup plan was. but honestly, it makes more sense to dismiss his plan since he's going to jail anyway.  However... if the vaccines weren't part of his plan...  Maybe there's the possibility of him breaking out and we'll have to fight him again?  Who knows, really.  If his plan was the vaccine, then it most likely is just part of text that wasn't removed at this point.

Yeah I noticed it was gone as well..
Guess the government doesn't have any more ingredients to turn us (and the frogs) gay anymore.. Covid really did a number on the supply I suppose..

Jokes aside, I think Jan removed it because of Covid since -some- people would probably think that's a jab (pun not intended) at Covid and think Jan either is trying to promote an anti-vaxx message or a hard-vaxx one so better remove it before it's too late..

I feel a bit idiotic because I don't recall Isha's virus plan, wait was that the threat he made when he was arrested? It's been a while since I finished V12. 

As already suggested, I expect the vaccines were removed because since COVID hit vaccines are a sensitive topic in real life and Rejuvenation's depiction of them as more or less a government scam probably related to the Xenpurgis can be considered particularly offensive to the paranoid types. 

As for Isha's threat, if Jan was planning to follow through with that I doubt he is anymore and if it's still there it's probably an oversight. 

Since the vaccine scenario is gone, I suspect Xenpurgis has changed too.

Like it's implied it has something to do with the vaccines hence Isha's parting comment, but now it's supposedly a rift ultra beast.

Oh well, unless one of the dev team clears things up later on in the next Q&A we won't know.  

On 8/14/2021 at 4:06 AM, Magus543 said:

Since the vaccine scenario is gone, I suspect Xenpurgis has changed too.

Like it's implied it has something to do with the vaccines hence Isha's parting comment, but now it's supposedly a rift ultra beast.

Oh well, unless one of the dev team clears things up later on in the next Q&A we won't know.  

Spoiler

I've finished the V13 content and I remember that the Xenpurgis is actually a Dimensional Rift Stakkataka

• Veterans

Definitely a story change -- got changed because of Covid and how it seemed in poor taste to keep that part in after everything that's happened.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Definitely a story change -- got changed because of Covid and how it seemed in poor taste to keep that part in after everything that's happened.

Bit of a shame, it did seem like a very interesting plot point and I was really looking forward to the payoff, but it's completely understandable with how the topic can be controversial. Hopefully the details can be elaborated in the future Q&A.

Thank you for clearing it up. 

I guess we are treading on safe grounds which I guess I understand..
But I wish I could see what the original plan was, I mean, we all took those dubious vaccines so, in a way, wasn't our group kinda screwed? I mean, defeating a Rift Stakkata is one thing but a vaccine that was already injected on our bodies? That's way more complicated to get rid off..

(Heeey, this is my 666 post!)

• 5 months later...
On 8/16/2021 at 2:05 PM, Zumi said:

Thanx for the confirmation Zumi. 
It's a shame, as the rift Stakataka at least thus far doesn't have the same edge but the change is entirely understandable for reasons I have already stated in my previous post.
This incredible game is well worth avoiding the risk of ruining it's reputation.