Saki GYM BATTLE

LuckyHawk

Spoiler

Get a pokemon that has Wonder Room. It is still a very tough battle, but for the fifteenth badge, it is actually appropriate. In many respects, Saki is a litmus test for us to see whether we are paying attention to field effects and pokemon moves that actually work and synergize with the field.

So basically, Glitch Field combines Special Defence and Special Attack, using the higher of the two stats. If I recall right. But Wonder Room swaps stuff around even FURTHER. I don't remember since I never would use Wonder Room otherwise, but I think it swaps Special with Defense. So Saki basically has a massive special attack boost. (Although I recall the beam move being physical in nature, so....)

Either way, Wonder Room is what makes the fight crazy hard. And I actually almost beat her twice anyway (and would have won, had I either had revives the first attempt, or had 6 revives instead of just 3... so it is possible even with Wonder Room effect operating).

So what I did in the end was to get my Beheeyem, which was Crested, to learn Wonder Room. I heard someone else used Golduck. Have the pokemon use Wonder Room once. This undoes the Wonder Room effect that starts right when the battle begins. That way, Saki's stats are normal for Glitch Field. This means her pokemon still hid harder than they should, but otherwise are not guaranteed to one-hit KO everything. It's still tricky though. She's definitely worthy of the fifteenth leader position... (I actually still think Erick and Valerie are harder though).

Anyway... that's my two cents. It was indeed frustrating. I'm sure if you were cleverer than me, you could find some pokemon that benefit even more to the field and room effects better than her team, but it is better to just cancel the wonder room.

One thing I do have to warn about is that Jan basically lies about Saki's team being slow. Lol. That Duraluadonerwahteveritiscalled is FAST. And her Megamind is faster....

Spoiler

I also ran the Golduck strat someone mentioned in another topic. I power-leveled one and maxed the Speed/HP EVs, and when in with it knowing Wonder Room, Soak and Light Screen w/Light Clay.

Luckily the duck managed to survive 3 turns to set up the Wonder Room, Light Screen and Soak the Aggron. Part of what makes her Aggron indestructible is its Synthetic Seed turns it into the ??? type which removes any weaknesses, so now that it was a pure water type, my Magnezone OHKO'd it.

As mentioned though, the fight is still pretty tough, especially with Saki's power move, but without the Wonder Room and a Light Screen buff, it's survivable. I won by a hair with 12 hp left on my Metagross.

Another thing you can do is take advantage of the field and use Synthetic Seeds to change your mons to ??? type and remove any weaknesses  as well, though I believe you're also losing STAB. Silvally becomes ??? type by default on this field too.

Edited by Kibble

2 hours ago, Feng Lei said:
  Hide contents

Get a pokemon that has Wonder Room. It is still a very tough battle, but for the fifteenth badge, it is actually appropriate. In many respects, Saki is a litmus test for us to see whether we are paying attention to field effects and pokemon moves that actually work and synergize with the field.

So basically, Glitch Field combines Special Defence and Special Attack, using the higher of the two stats. If I recall right. But Wonder Room swaps stuff around even FURTHER. I don't remember since I never would use Wonder Room otherwise, but I think it swaps Special with Defense. So Saki basically has a massive special attack boost. (Although I recall the beam move being physical in nature, so....)

Either way, Wonder Room is what makes the fight crazy hard. And I actually almost beat her twice anyway (and would have won, had I either had revives the first attempt, or had 6 revives instead of just 3... so it is possible even with Wonder Room effect operating).

So what I did in the end was to get my Beheeyem, which was Crested, to learn Wonder Room. I heard someone else used Golduck. Have the pokemon use Wonder Room once. This undoes the Wonder Room effect that starts right when the battle begins. That way, Saki's stats are normal for Glitch Field. This means her pokemon still hid harder than they should, but otherwise are not guaranteed to one-hit KO everything. It's still tricky though. She's definitely worthy of the fifteenth leader position... (I actually still think Erick and Valerie are harder though).

Anyway... that's my two cents. It was indeed frustrating. I'm sure if you were cleverer than me, you could find some pokemon that benefit even more to the field and room effects better than her team, but it is better to just cancel the wonder room.

One thing I do have to warn about is that Jan basically lies about Saki's team being slow. Lol. That Duraluadonerwahteveritiscalled is FAST. And her Megamind is faster....

The BASTARDion crest is annoying AF. This is just normal mode. On intense she has a Gensect with field boost and 2 megas

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda.. Don't know how I won actually.. It was my first try, I had no idea whatahell was going on and somehow I made it work(?)
Dude.. I am.. I can't.. What?!

As far as strats go . I got myself a Drifblim hypnotized her first mon (Aggron in normal ) , used minimize 3 times , if you have substitute use that shit too . Afterwards batton passed to my blaziken bulked up and swept .  It does take soft resets though . 

Another strat i heard about was seeded shedinja . I didnt use this one , but as far as I understand since shedinja will be type ??? its literally impossible to hit it I guess . 

Rock monotype run, no items in battle, set mode VS Saki on Normal mode (the team: Sudowoodo, Golem, Rhyperior, Rampardos (crested), Bastiodon (crested), A-Golem)

I started with sudowoodo (sturdy) and countered the aggron (sturdy), then sucker punch for the kill.

Next came bastiodon, I go for a fighting gem boosted (probably not necessary though) hammerarm and die to the recoil. For some reason her bastiodon always went for rest first turn.

I bring in Rhyperior and here things get whacky, he either switches to Metagross or bronzong:

Lets say out comes metagross: I switch to my own bastiodon and it takes out metagross with a counter. (if Bronzong had come out, I would have switched to Rampardos)

Next comes duralodon and bastiodon barely survives a draco meteor and can counter with metal burst, I die next turn though.

Out comes golem (sturdy), tanks a mega death attack and kills duraludon with e-quake.

Out comes bronzong (pardon, BROzong!^^) and kills golem. I bring in rampardos and just go for a thunderpunch to stall a turn, and he brings me to 1 HP (survive due to crest), and I endeavor and kill it next turn.

Bastiodon is back and rampardos just dropps from recoil, Rhyperior revenge kills bastiodon.

Last is the Bird, and he kills my Rhyperior. Final mon: A-Golem kills it with 2x galvanize returns (original plan was to go boom on it, but since it was my last mon *shrug*)

And that was my fight, granted I was kinda pushing it with species clause and had only 1 mon in the red left, but I am overall proud of my win.

The moral of the story, if you have trouble with a opposing mon, just go for a sturdy + counter/metalburst mon and give one to take one.

Good luck.

Edited by Rage991

This is the first gym that I didn't win "the right way" to me. I needed a bit of luck here and there, and I try to not do things that require luck or revives. 

I used pyukumuku with toxic on the two ??? type pokemon she used. That, hilariously, takes away their immunity to poison. Of course, Aggron hits like a meteor and pyukumuku can't toxic + take another hit to recover. Therefore, I needed to use ultra pots to stay alive there. The other ??? type pokemon, Brozong, couldn't beat Pyukumuku head to head, so that was fine. 

I used an adamant staraptor to break her *one* pokemon with low defense. I believe that was Duraludon? It spent most of the match switching out from staraptor, so I pretty much used staraptor to hit everything that'd switch in pretty hard. 

My pyukumuku got to recover against metagross for some reason, who wanted to use cosmic power? It chose to set up, letting pyuk get its health high enough to work it over with Innards Out. That left it low enough to pick off. 

Corviknight, as initmidating as it is, is still a flying type. So, I used my magnezone. Since Corviknight switched in to a couple of staraptor hits, magnezone could put it away with one hit when they were finally against each other. 

Bastiodon was ridiculous. I couldn't really beat Bastiodon without luck, because all of my resources were devoted to beating the Aggron, Metagross, Corviknight trio. Legit took nearly the whole team for that effort. I ended up reviving Pyukumuku and re-using Innards Out to get it low enough. It made me reset so many times because there was no way to harm it hard enough with my remaining pokemon by the time I saw it. This pokemon does not need its crest on a glitch field with wonder room activated! 

So, maybe a pyukumuku for you? If you follow what I post on other topics, I'm pretty much telling everyone to get a pyukumuku! 

I used a regular Milotic to dragon tail the Aggron, then the Bronzong. Reset if Bronzong doesn't come in after Aggron.

Beheeyem to set up reflect (all steel type attacks deal physical damage in glitch field), then wonder room (Beheeyem learns this via level up). Fire and fighting types to sweep her team after that. 

I found that you can actually 2v6 the battle on normal mode, no items (haven't tried the strategy on intense, however, maybe it works on intense as well?).

You need any one Pokémon that can use Wonder Room to neutralize the pre-set effect and then you can set up on Aggron with Clefable.

The particular set I used for Clefable is Magic Guard, a bold nature, max hp and defense EVs, Synthetic Seed and the moves Cosmic Power, Minimize, Soft-Boiled (Wish should work too), and Stored Power.

Aggron actually deals so pitiful damage though that the nature and EVs might not even matter in the first place.

The only RNG required here is not getting frozen by Aggron's Blizzard and killed before you thaw out.

20 hours ago, Brauvo said:

This is the first gym that I didn't win "the right way" to me. I needed a bit of luck here and there, and I try to not do things that require luck or revives. 

I used pyukumuku with toxic on the two ??? type pokemon she used. That, hilariously, takes away their immunity to poison. Of course, Aggron hits like a meteor and pyukumuku can't toxic + take another hit to recover. Therefore, I needed to use ultra pots to stay alive there. The other ??? type pokemon, Brozong, couldn't beat Pyukumuku head to head, so that was fine. 

I used an adamant staraptor to break her *one* pokemon with low defense. I believe that was Duraludon? It spent most of the match switching out from staraptor, so I pretty much used staraptor to hit everything that'd switch in pretty hard. 

My pyukumuku got to recover against metagross for some reason, who wanted to use cosmic power? It chose to set up, letting pyuk get its health high enough to work it over with Innards Out. That left it low enough to pick off. 

Corviknight, as initmidating as it is, is still a flying type. So, I used my magnezone. Since Corviknight switched in to a couple of staraptor hits, magnezone could put it away with one hit when they were finally against each other. 

Bastiodon was ridiculous. I couldn't really beat Bastiodon without luck, because all of my resources were devoted to beating the Aggron, Metagross, Corviknight trio. Legit took nearly the whole team for that effort. I ended up reviving Pyukumuku and re-using Innards Out to get it low enough. It made me reset so many times because there was no way to harm it hard enough with my remaining pokemon by the time I saw it. This pokemon does not need its crest on a glitch field with wonder room activated! 

So, maybe a pyukumuku for you? If you follow what I post on other topics, I'm pretty much telling everyone to get a pyukumuku! 

Leveling up Pyukumuku before v13 must have been a hell of a time, i imagine the only way to level him up was with exp.share and now the exp candys

That battle was brutal but apart from Blizzard and Fire Blast on her Aggron which should not be possible (and I mean even if it's legal, it's complete nonsense), I concur with sentiment that it was appropriate for the fifteenth gym battle that's near level 100. 

To be honest, I probably should have looked at this thread before I did it. 

To be honest it was pretty stupid of me to go into this battle not certain of what Wonder Room was.

Somehow, I managed to win it with speed, a Houndoom that could tank multiple of her signature move and land 2 Infernos, a hell of a lot of Revival Herbs, some Ultra Potions and a bit of luck at the very end. 

Interesting, I could have sworn that when we battled Erick he'd been acting as Saki's stand in while she was missing. Either that was changed or I'm just nuts (I know Talon was changed, he was originally referred to as the flying gym leader and now he was referred to as the reserve flying gym leader). 

It really caught me off guard the first time and really lazy to train another pokemon to specifically counter her team and gimmick so i kinda Destiny Bond + Revive on all of her team after much frustration.

Not my proudest moment but hey as long as it get the job done.

Now how to beat her with my own steel monotype in intense...

1 hour ago, Lindinator666 said:

I used Grass Pledge and then Fire Pledge. It changed her Field fo my advantage

Oh it does?!
Here's how I did it in the first try:

Friend: Bro, if you gonna go to Saki's Gym, a hint, get a Pokemon with Wonder Room and start using it right away
Me: .. Whyyy..?
Friend: Trust me, bro!

So I just started with a Beheeyem with Wonder Room and from there on I kinda just stumbled not knowing whatafuck was I doing, why was her mons so bulky, what is happening?! Where am I?! What's with her Aggron?! Did her Bastidion used Destiny Bond, what happened?! What's going on?! MOM, COME PICK ME UP, I AM SCARED!!!
And then I won..

0300d5f52d3b621ad4dee1bf5a34fe9c.jpg

Glitch Field has one advantage built in: faster Pokemon gets +1 Crit Rate, so anything with Sniper holding a Scope Lens gets a free 50% chance to deal double damage, 100% if it's a high crit move (Night Slash, Snipe Shot, ect). As you can imagine, Kingdra with Agility, Inteleon after Wonder Room removal or Drapion with Agility goes through her (Normal) team like a hot knife through butter.

14 hours ago, fellowry said:

It really caught me off guard the first time and really lazy to train another pokemon to specifically counter her team and gimmick so i kinda Destiny Bond + Revive on all of her team after much frustration.

Not my proudest moment but hey as long as it get the job done.

Now how to beat her with my own steel monotype in intense...

Honestly, I'm keeping this cheese in mind for the future and ironically I did just put Destiny Bond on my Banette. 

On 8/9/2021 at 9:49 PM, Chris247 said:

As far as strats go . I got myself a Drifblim hypnotized her first mon (Aggron in normal ) , used minimize 3 times , if you have substitute use that shit too . Afterwards batton passed to my blaziken bulked up and swept .  It does take soft resets though . 

Another strat i heard about was seeded shedinja . I didnt use this one , but as far as I understand since shedinja will be type ??? its literally impossible to hit it I guess . 

In details in Normal difficulty, only Aggron and Corviknight are able to touch Shedinja without the seed in Saki's team. All you have to do is lead on Shedinja with the Synthetic Seed to force her Aggron to switch, then spam Will o Wisp and Heal Block until Saki sends out her Corviknight. Watch out not to attack Bastiodon which would kill you with its crest. The problem is, Corviknight is quicker than Shedinja and you lose the pp stall because you can't Heal Block it to death with Roost. Not a big deal, Will o Wisp turn 1 while it makes Bulk Up, then switch out on something which can get rid of it while it makes another Bulk Up. I used Salazzle and two Flamethrowers while its Brave Bird was unable to kill and that was done. With Corviknight out, your Shedinja is safe without a seed until Aggron and you can send it back to blast a speechless M-Metagross and Duraludon (Dig makes it very fast). So basically, all you need is Shedinja, something which can handle Corviknight and something which can handle Aggron.

Shedinja is the ultimate hack to beat Saki and her glitch field, just like it is against Amaria in Reborn.

• Upvote 2