Preferred grass-types for Rejuvenation?

Ghostea

hi hi!!

I'm just curious as to what everyone's favorite grass types for Rejuv are?

I'm (trying) to build a team for v13, and I normally always have grass types, but can't decide on one this time around.

I've used Roserade, Whimsicott and Leavanny many times, so I'm counting those 3 out for myself personally as I want to use mons I don't have much experience with, for a fresh take.

I'd love to know your favourite grass type(s)!! ^-^

My grass-type MVP is Tsareena with Play Rough, High Jump Kick, Slash and Burn/Power Whip and Nature Power ;) This fella saved my ass more than once :D

I did use Shiftry, Breloom or Vileplume before the existence of Gen 7. 

25 minutes ago, Outside Indoorsman said:

(I am currently restarting for V13, sort of regretting it considering how out of practice I am and how frustrating it can be fighting the Leaders...)

Same -.- I don't understand how I won against some of them. At the moment I'm on a losing streak against Angie xD I'm already fearing Souta and Adam 🙈

Venusaur is pretty good, despite its horrid list of actual attacking moves by level up, thanks to its good Status Moves like Leech Seed and Sleep Powder, and the Giga Drain Tutor in Crawli's Gym, and Sludge Bomb TM in Carotos solve its movepool issue.

I remember using Tangrowth in my first ever run, it was also really good thanks to its great bulk, Regenerator, the utility of Knock Off and Sleep Powder by lv up(though Sleep Powder is relearner only). And pretty decent Coverage, with Giga Drain and the likes of Ancient Power/Rock Tomb or Sludge Bomb.

One I'm using in my current run is Breloom, who is kinda weird, but good. In huge part due to Technician Mach Punch coming in very clutch. You'll have to do some playing around with Reverse Candies if you want both Spore(only as Shroomish at lv 40), and Technician-boosted Force Palm(Breloom lv 28). Though if you're looking for a defensive grass type, you probably shouldn't go for Breloom.

Abomasnow is massively underrated. saved my bacon more than once. Hail + Blizzard is a real neat combo, add Giga Drain from move tutor and it can put in some work!

Cradily is also pretty neat. Might be my preference for rock-types though....^^

Just now, Rage991 said:

Abomasnow is massively underrated. saved my bacon more than once. Hail + Blizzard is a real neat combo, add Giga Drain from move tutor and it can put in some work!

Cradily is also pretty neat. Might be my preference for rock-types though....^^

Yes abomasnow is good if it survives the enemies attack of course. I mean grass has many weakness plus the fire weakness is just  a death sentence for him. But if used in a fight that he is not at disadvantage its good

7 minutes ago, ghostea said:

Wow, thank you so much everyone!! you've given me some great ideas!!

out of curiosity, how's Amoonguss or Meganium with its Crest?

I've been using meganium with crest and it's been performing really well as both a support mon and a tank. I've been using it with 252 Def-spdef, rest hp, with modest nature and moveset being giga drain/light screen/reflect/leech seed. It's even decently bulky against super effective hits, only bad thing about it is facing mons that have set-up, it can't really do much against those. 

2 hours ago, Frostilicious said:

I've been using meganium with crest and it's been performing really well as both a support mon and a tank. I've been using it with 252 Def-spdef, rest hp, with modest nature and moveset being giga drain/light screen/reflect/leech seed. It's even decently bulky against super effective hits, only bad thing about it is facing mons that have set-up, it can't really do much against those. 

so so glad to hear that bc I love Meganium!!! ;o; I would absolutely love to use one.......

1 hour ago, itsthecol said:

I'd say the Avenium Mismagius is good grass type which I've been carry on my squad since I caught and I haven't regretted my choice.

omg you know, I was thinking of this! however I think I want to use Sinnoh Mismagius and i'm weird and don't like having overlapping types/species on my team lmao 😅

This time around I figured I'd pick up a Deerling because I have barely ever played it. Got it on route 2 iirc.

I'm at Blacksteeple Castle rn and it's still on my team, as a Sawsbuck now. I like it, it has decent speed and can sustain with leech seed/horn leech

and has some cool coverage moves, especially jump kick

On 7/21/2021 at 11:47 AM, Ghostea said:

hi hi!!

I'm just curious as to what everyone's favorite grass types for Rejuv are?

I'm (trying) to build a team for v13, and I normally always have grass types, but can't decide on one this time around.

I've used Roserade, Whimsicott and Leavanny many times, so I'm counting those 3 out for myself personally as I want to use mons I don't have much experience with, for a fresh take.

I'd love to know your favourite grass type(s)!! ^-^

Tangrowth is super underrated and sponges any physical hit with ease and regenerator.