(Spoilers maybe?)Why is it that after doing any help center sidequest a eye appears and giggling sound of a girl can be heard?

ABoringGuy

1 hour ago, Mageknight said:

I think this could be the new symbol added to say that you made a decision that leads to the bad ending, since I remember in a dev blog post a while ago that talked about this.

I kinda doubt that since I got it from doing the sidequest "Save starly" and "Love letter" in the help center of west Gearen city. Doubt doing these sidequest which doesnt seem relevant to plot(especially love letter) would lead to bad ending.

• Haha 1

• Global Mods

They're Karma indicators. They indicate when you GAIN karma ( which is a good thing. )

There is also a version of it that indicates when you LOSE karma too tho

21 minutes ago, Cerise said:

They're Karma indicators. They indicate when you GAIN karma ( which is a good thing. )

There is also a version of it that indicates when you LOSE karma too tho

Man if gaining karma is that creepy I dont wanna imagine what losing would be like.

So the bad ending calculation is based on a point system:

Having 100 points or more triggers a bad ending (What is this bad ending? Im still trying to figure that out)

There are a few major events that add towards a bad ending:

Spoiler

Not saving garbodor gives 10

Not saving Gloria (the hippo) gives 10

not saving Amber at valor mountain is 10

Handing the diamond over in the destroyed future arc is 10 while trying to escape is 5

Exposing Florina immediately gives 20

Killing Karen during her sidequest gives 10 while killing Karrina gives 20

Then there is a Karma check:

Spoiler

Having 55 or more gives zero

Each increment of 10 below 55 gives 5 bad points

having -10 karma gives 45

and having -20 gives a whopping 75 

(During the beta the minimum Karma requirement was 16 and having more than that would actually give you -20 points)

Finally there is a relationship check:

Spoiler

Having negative points with the following characters each add 5 points: Melia, Ren, Erin, Aelita, Venam, Amber.

Having negative points with Tesla gives 20 (Y u gotta do the mom like dat?)

This calculation is done as MC enters their nightmare realm

In short Don't be a dick and you will easily avoid this.

That being said, theres a few Lets Players that could possibly get it (Hint Hint Hero Voltsy)

• Like 1

Yeah and the Dev team back in that Q&A confirmed that Flora had no intention of actually playing nice with us at all if we do side with her. 

If I had to guess, it's because the act of betrayal even to Flora means you are willing to betray at all. 

Including your friends. 

30 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Yeah and the Dev team back in that Q&A confirmed that Flora had no intention of actually playing nice with us at all if we do side with her. 

If I had to guess, it's because the act of betrayal even to Flora means you are willing to betray at all. 

Including your friends. 

That honestly seems like a mistake to me. Would it even be considered betrayal if you met the person like just 5 minute ago. If anything telling everything to Cassandra should give negative karma.

Well it's been a while, but Flora did trust you enough to reveal her suspicions of Cassandra and even fought with you. Against her own incompetent grunts but still. I don't even like Flora but I'm trying to guess the rationale here.

With Cassandra though, while we the Player know she's in Team Xen, our character has no way of knowing she's dirty. 

1 minute ago, Magus543 said:

Well it's been a while, but Flora did trust you enough to reveal her suspicions of Cassandra and even fought with you. Against her own incompetent grunts but still. I don't even like Flora but I'm trying to guess the rationale here.

With Cassandra though, while we the Player know she's in Team Xen, our character has no way of knowing she's dirty. 

Well telling everything to Cassandra will lead to

Spoiler

Florins death

And I think Jan said in his tumblr that this event counts towards bad ending so that is why I think there should be karma for this choice. Not to mention Erin did tell us not tell everything to Cassnadra before talking to her.

As for Flora if we go with Erin/Florin but expose Flora will we not get negative karma?

On 7/21/2021 at 4:27 PM, Yahiro said:

Well telling everything to Cassandra will lead to

Hide contents

Florins death

And I think Jan said in his tumblr that this event counts towards bad ending so that is why I think there should be karma for this choice. Not to mention Erin did tell us not tell everything to Cassnadra before talking to her.

As for Flora if we go with Erin/Florin but expose Flora will we not get negative karma?

I would like to know the answer to this as well. Please let me know if you or anyone else finds.

On 7/21/2021 at 7:53 AM, LeoYT said:

On 7/21/2021 at 11:14 AM, Magus543 said:

Including your friends. 

Well that's completely fucking stupid. If that's the threshold of betraying people in this game then everyone is a traitor.

Flora does absolutely nothing to convince the player to actually side with her. All she says if you confront her is "Haha now that you've found me out, I guess you have no choice but to join my criminal team." as if that makes any sense.

If she offered her badge for free there'd be SOME incentive to join her but no, you still have to fight her for it.

And on top of that she mentions her brother is the Reserve Leader so even if you do get her arrested you still get the badge no problem.

There is nothing on God's green earth that'd convince me that telling Florin about her is a betrayal. She's done nothing to earn any trust in the first place. 

13 hours ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Well that's completely fucking stupid. If that's the threshold of betraying people in this game then everyone is a traitor.

Flora does absolutely nothing to convince the player to actually side with her. All she says if you confront her is "Haha now that you've found me out, I guess you have no choice but to join my criminal team." as if that makes any sense.

If she offered her badge for free there'd be SOME incentive to join her but no, you still have to fight her for it.

And on top of that she mentions her brother is the Reserve Leader so even if you do get her arrested you still get the badge no problem.

There is nothing on God's green earth that'd convince me that telling Florin about her is a betrayal. She's done nothing to earn any trust in the first place. 

Yeah, she's pretty incompetent at keeping her own grunts under control and acts condescending for the entire journey. As for the badge, I do recall her offering a Gym battle if you keep quiet but as you said, Florin is the reserve.

I'm just trying to understand the logic behind this choice, it feels like that ghoul hotel choice in Fallout 3. 

I think the only good thing Flora does in her path is reveal her suspicions that Cassandra is the one behind the stone phenomenon, and offer to work together to take her down. It's mostly a case of Right for the wrong reasons, since Cassandra is a Xen member.   

On 7/20/2021 at 11:53 PM, LeoYT said:

That being said, theres a few Lets Players that could possibly get it (Hint Hint Hero Voltsy)

speaking of voltsys playthrough he has to start over since he lost his save fille due to computer switching lol also he isnt playing again til march 2022 at the earliest lmao. Who knows if he will do enough to get bad ending but he does tend to miss optional stuff

On 7/21/2021 at 2:53 AM, LeoYT said:

Having 100 points or more triggers a bad ending (What is this bad ending? Im still trying to figure that out)

Reveal hidden contents

Handing the diamond over in the destroyed future arc is 10 while trying to escape is 5

Reveal hidden contents

(During the beta the minimum Karma requirement was 16 and having more than that would actually give you -20 points)

Reveal hidden contents

Having negative points with the following characters each add 5 points: Melia, Ren, Erin, Aelita, Venam, Amber.

[Spoilers for V13]

For what I have seen it looks like the bad ending happens in a certain moment in chapter 15. I was checking tvtropes to see if any info was added after the new version came out and it looks like it did (btw huge props to the one that added the info, that was really fast). There are many new bits of info there but the one that got the most of my attention was one in the "Characters" section, under the protagonist part to be exact. It talks about the "bad options" the character can take and, I suppose with enough points, you can betray your friends like it says here: 

Spoiler

image.png.5ac1f8eff7d731a53486752e0cc5eb22.png

I would really like seeing someone get this part in their let's play, but let's be honest, it's really difficult to "screw up" that much not intentionally. The same thing happened with Florin's excecution, I was only able to find about it again due to tvtropes, but no playthrough had the scene because of the specific circumstances that it needed to happen.

1 minute ago, Enkhidu said:

[Spoilers for V13]

For what I have seen it looks like the bad ending happens in a certain moment in chapter 15. I was checking tvtropes to see if any info was added after the new version came out and it looks like it did (btw huge props to the one that added the info, that was really fast). There are many new bits of info there but the one that got the most of my attention was one in the "Characters" section, under the protagonist part to be exact. It talks about the "bad options" the character can take and, I suppose with enough points, you can betray your friends like it says here: 

Hide contents

I would really like seeing someone get this part in their let's play, but let's be honest, it's really difficult to "screw up" that much not intentionally. The same thing happened with Florin's excecution, I was only able to find about it again due to tvtropes, but no playthrough had the scene because of the specific circumstances that it needed to happen.

This is why I'm sad Voltsy lost his save file, I know he didn't save amber and chose 'try to escape' and missed out on a lot of side quests

but only the events that I mentioned add towards the bad ending the rest just cripple your karma which can still be saved just by doing help quests.

2 hours ago, Enkhidu said:

[Spoilers for V13]

Hide contents

So far it doesn't really cause much of a divergence since while you get a offer from them, you are told to stay on team Good until the time is right.

Your karma is calculated when you enter the last Nightmare realm and there will be a door which will take you to the duo.  

On 7/21/2021 at 8:53 AM, LeoYT said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Where's the place that Karrina dies? I want to avoid that fate.

1 hour ago, RoySolare said:

Where's the place that Karrina dies? I want to avoid that fate.

You're given the decision during the sidequest with Karen at Castle Zygara.

On a side note, immediately exposing Flora giving bad points is interesting. Do you get the choice to expose her in front of the others? Or is there a best route in the split now? I always went with Erin and immediately exposed Flora to her, but if doing that gives me bad points, let me know.

7 hours ago, Enkhidu said:

[Spoilers for V13]

Hide contents

This is actually so interesting to me. I discovered an image of split routes in the game files but didn't think it had actually been included. Who knows, maybe I'll do an "asshole" playthrough one day.

Edited by Xoanon

8 hours ago, LeoYT said:

This is why I'm sad Voltsy lost his save file, I know he didn't save amber and chose 'try to escape' and missed out on a lot of side quests

but only the events that I mentioned add towards the bad ending the rest just cripple your karma which can still be saved just by doing help quests.

In the "negative future", right? What I have to choose? In my previous character, I choose Try to Escape, so what I have to do to "do the right choice?"

I also agree with the Flora think being stupid.. We literally saw her being a two-face snake towards her own brother and destroy part of Darchlight Woods before and then there's all the suspicious shit with her demanding to take the center path, the computer deleting it's own files and all the animosity she show towards us right from the get-go, if anything, exposing her should give positive karma, not negative.. There are literally NO REASON for anyone to like Flora at that point..