Hardest Rift Pokemon? * spoilers *

Monochrome_Complex

Alright so I just beat Souta(screw heavy winds), which is the furthest I've gotten in Rejuvenation. But I'm curious, which rift pokemon did you guys find the toughest thus far? For me it's gotta be

Spoiler

Ferrothorn by far. At first I was like, okay this isn't too bad, then the music changes and he turns into the freakin Juggernaut.  Even paralyzed it outsped my entire team and dealt a ton of damage. But worse is how abhorrently bulky it is. I was dealing barely any damage with only Krookadile's earthquake making a noticeable dent, and even then it wasn't a huge amount.  One of the toughest fights in the game IMO

I think

Spoiler

chandelure

would be second place, because it deals a lot of damage and the fight beforehand  can set you for disaster.

Spoiler

Dufaux. Its Rift form and battle is endless due to its immense HP and Defenses. Due to a bug I was able to battle it twice, the second time at the end of he present episode, and it wasn't a little bit easier.

Spoiler

Dufaux I actually found a pretty nice cheese strat for: if you get Narcissa to send out Dusclops, it can just endlessly spam Pain Split against Dufaux and reduce its HP to near-nothing in 2-3 turns. As such I found it fairly easy compared to most of the other rift fights. It's also quite vulnerable to setup as it's very passive before it transforms, so pretty much anything with Calm Mind will trivialize the fight.

Gardevoir is moreso unfair than outright hard, requiring very specific strategies but being quite easy when they're employed. Gyro Ball, Trick Room and Endeavor are basically the only truly viable strategies against it and on top of that you need to pack anti-sleep measures.

Hippowdon or Aelita would probably take the #1 spot for me, though the latter is only due to the Golems that accompany her. Contrary was a mistake.

For the Ferrothorn I used Feather Dance twice, then Blaziken with double bulk up and High jump. For the Gardevoir a sturdy Donphan with endeavor and ice shard (stolen strategy, but very effective sometimes). Took some time to figure out how to beat the rest of her team, but then it was much easier. For Dufaux Leech seed Torterra. A classic and effective strategy. The hardest for me has to be the Hippowdon... those defences were high... too high...

On 4/28/2021 at 12:59 PM, trogisfat said:
  Hide contents

gotta be gardevoir

Spoiler

I just fought her right now, I think half the challenge of this fight are the helpers honestly?  Thankfully I bought like 20 chesto berries earlier because without something to deal with sleep you're screwed. Togedamaru's electric terrain helped out since it allowed me to focus on damaging Gardevoir since you can't fall asleep while it's active. Abamasnow's hail allowed for passive damage and blizzard changes the field to angie's field which negates the sleep damage AND removes the fairy nerf, which was useful since fairy is one of her weaknesses.  I wasn't expecting the round 2, which was annoying since I didn't have the berries anymore, but thankfully she's far weaker and just spams hex/lovely kiss, plus you have help from Ren.  She's tough but I had a harder time with Ferrothorn personally.

Spoiler

Probably Gardavoir I play with items banned so the sleep was a pain. Eventually beat her using fakeout on her t1, while also using roar (yes really), to get rid of her while I killed her pals. After that it was a lot easier but still tricky. Ferrowthorn was definitely a close second. 

I found Chandelure very easy. I one shot it first try with a crit stone edge from my Lycanroc Dusk. Honstly Nancy was harder for me than Chandelure. 

Edited by pizzagod13

On 5/1/2021 at 3:32 PM, Vince&Sylveon said:

Rift Hippowdon is pretty hard for me, even in casual mode. Their base stats are insane, even if they’re 5 levels below me.

I just did this one for the first time and beat it first attempt. I had originally planned on using skuntank to poison it with toxic but I wasn't expecting a doubles battle nor was I expecting it to be poison type lol.  Instead I had dusknoir us curse on one then wait it out with krookadile and for the other it went with pain split from mismagius + passive burn damage from ren's  arcanine. Honestly it was one of the easier rift battles I thought. And unlike Ferrothorn hippowdon is quite slow.

• Like 1

The hardest ones would be Chandelure, Ferrothorn, Dufaux (froslass) and Gardevoir. Out of these Chandelure would be the easiest, people say it's ridiculously hard because you can just stumble upon it when you're really underleveled and it sweeps you, but the terrain it's on can be the most beneficial to you out of these 4 rifts, one of the best pokémon for this battle is Lycanroc Dusk with Accelerock. The other 3 are harder to rank, but for me third place would go to Ferrothorn and this is all because of my starter Blaziken. The things i needed for this fight were quite simple, of course it's HA speed boost, set up like 4-6 bulk ups and hope it doesn't crit you with drill run on any of the hits, then just use a strong fighting type move to probably one-shot it. For Dufaux and Gardevoir the most common tactics are usually the same for me. Just use Curse ( with a ghost type of course ) or destiny bond. The largest trouble here is having these moves to land, because both can one-shot you before you'll have the chance to use them. For Gardevoir the best option imo would be a Timid max speed Gengar holding a focus sash, the focus sash can be found in the exact same place where you fight gardevoir. It won't be able to outspeed the gardevoir like this but it should be able to outspeed the kirlia and ralts. Dufaux would be a little easier since it's first form isn't quite slow and Narcissa is there to help you. 

So if would rank these 4 it would be like this: Gardevoir > Dufaux > Ferrothorn > Chandelure. If you didn't pick Torchick / Blaziken as your starter it would be: Gardevoir > Ferrothorn > Dufaux > Chandelure.

Chandelure was difficult for me as well but granted it's an optional battle that can be done at any point after obtaining Rock Climb and I did unwittingly get into it a bit under-leveled. 

Legit I'd call it a tie between Ferrothorn and Gardevoir. 

Ferrothorn is a bulldozer after it changes into its rift form. What got me through that was switching my Luxray in and out several times to reduce its damage with Intimidate and then taking it out with my Chandelure. My Chandelure was the only Pokemon on my team that could could tank the thing and do decent damage to it. 

There is just NO way to beat or even touch rift Gardevoir without a Magical Seed for the auto Trick Room, possibly multiples. A Gardevoir/Gallade fusion is almost unfairly busted. 

It took me two Sylveon, primarily because I was an idiot and didn't return to the city after receiving the gift Sylveon to give it Misty Terrain with the Move Relearner, and a Magical Seed.

A terrain change to nullify Lovely Kiss is another key factor to this battle and Misty Terrain is the best due to Rift Gardevoir's Fairy weakness. I was fortunate to have had my own with Misty Terrain and the double Moonblast assault didn't hurt...well me.😏

Dufaux was a bitch as well but I cheesed it with Perish Song.