If YOU were a Gym Leader...

Dark Legend

We all know ther have been those times where we made a gym for ourselves. i want to know YOU'RE team.

Heres mine:

Type: dark

team:  Tyranitar (mega, signature) lv.90, Umbreon (shiny) lv.88, Incineroar (intimidate abilty) lv.88, Obstagoon lv.88, Hydreigon lv.88, and Spiritomb lv.88

Items: 6 max revives, 6 full restores

The challenge:

for my gym challenge you have to make you're way through a pitch black maze with random trainers and random traps.

Edited by Dark Champion

1 hour ago, Dark Champion said:

We all know ther have been those times where we made a gym for ourselves. i want to know YOU'RE team.

Heres mine:

Type: dark

team:  Tyranitar (mega, signature) lv.90, Umbreon (shiny) lv.88, Incineroar (intimidate abilty) lv.88, Obstagoon lv.88, Hydreigon lv.88, and Spiritomb lv.88

Items: 6 max revives, 6 full restores

The challenge:

for my gym challenge you have to make you're way through a pitch black maze with random trainers and random traps.

How about adding Drapion to the team? :P

So you can beat this damn Fairy types who will make troubles

My favorite Type is the Flying Type.

My Setup would be like this:

• Togekiss (Serene Grace) with Baton Pass Setup, with defence IV/EVs
  • Aerodactyl with Mega Stone and Rock Head, with Att/Spd IV/EVs
  • Charizard with Gygantamax (if we are using those) and Solar Power, with Spat/Spd IV/EVs
  • Crobat with Infiltrator, with Att/Spd IV/EVs
  • Gliscor with Hyper Cutter, with Attk/Defence IV/EVs
  • Salamance with Intimidate, with Att/Spd IV/EVs

Items:

• Leftover for Togekiss
  • Life Orb for Charizard
  • Focus Sash on Salamance
  • Quick Claw on Gliscor
  • Flying or Poison Gem on Crobat because it will have Accrobatics
  • Some Healing Items

For the Arena, a windy one with little man made Hurricanes in it, where you have to defeat your opponents to shut them off. If you would walk into one, you would get swirled up, your pokemons take damage, and you would fall into a water pit and you would need to restart the whole stuff. Also the wind could push you into the man made Hurricanes. Also I don't know about the lvls, so I didn't include that part.

And the Battle would be a double battle ;).

Also perhaps some spare mons on the side to change the team up a bit, because I like variety and the challenger wouldn't know which team combination I would use for the battle, because the Pokemons of a Gym Leader are well known.

Update:

If we are using field effects, a windy one, which ups the spd of flying type pokemons and the damage of flying type moves. And evasiveness moves gets double the value.

• Like 1

I like Fire type Pokemon

If I was Gym leader :

Team :

Male Salandit (Shiny; Oblivious) Lv100,

Typhlosion (Shiny; Flash Fire) Lv95,

Galarian Darmanitan (Shiny; Zen Mode) Lv94,

Flareon (Shiny; Guts) Lv95,

Blaziken (Shiny; Mega Evoltuion; Speed Boost) Lv96,

Cinderace (Shiny; Gmax; Libero) Lv97

Items : 4 Full Restores; 10 Full Heals

The gym challenge : The trainer has 10 minutes to encounter and to catch Primal Groudon. No Master Balls allowed and no second chances for those who are caught cheating by using it. The trainer who caught Primal Groudon will be allowed to battle the gym leader.

Rules : Only non-legendaries are allowed (including Sub-Legendaries, Ash-Greninja and Ultra Beasts)

The intense harsh sunlight will remain until the battle is over (It can't be changed, neither negated).

Anyone can chose Single Battle, Double Battle and Multi Battle.

The trainer who's defeated by Gym Leader, won't get any second attempt.

Field : Volcano Field

Reward : Solar Badge, TM Fire Blast; Groudon with Red Orb (for the first trainer able to beat me).

• Like 1

Since I once did a similar in another trend long time ago with Psychic, I'll be a Fairy Gym Leader:

Battle Field: Starlight Arena Field

Usage of Items:

7 Full Restores and 8 Full Heals

Battle Format:

Triple Battles

Team:

A. Ninetails

Ability: Snow Warning

Held Item: Icy Rock

Moveset: Blizzard, Aurora Veil, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam

Togekiss 

Ability: Serene Grace

Held Item: Charcoal

Moveset: Flamethrower, Air Slash, Extreme Speed, Draining Kiss

Primarina

Ability: Liquid Voice

Held Item: Mystic Water

Moveset: Sparking Aria, Aqua Jet, Moonblast, Blizzard

Clefable

Ability: Magic Guard

Held Item: Babiri Berry

Moveset: Meteor Mash, Metronome, Follow Me, Cosmic Power

Florges

Ability: Symbiosis 

Held Item: Light Clay

Moveset: Wish, Moonblast, Light Screen, Attract

(Mega) Gardevoir

Ability: Trace (Non-Mega), Pixilate

Held Item: Gardevoirite 

Moveset: Hyper Voice, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast

Gym Challenge:

The Gym challenger muss find 7 crystal keys (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink) scattered around a large fantasy like void area. You must fight against my 7 guardian nymphs, who are guarding the keys; they are using Psychic, Dark and Fairy Pokemon (as they are boosted in the Starlight Arena field), but will heal you after every battle you had with them.

Reward:

Fantasy Badge, TM Dazzling Gleam and 5 Comet Shards.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i'd go for a bug team! i'm not really a competitive player, so i'll just write out what pokemon i'd have, not so much the movesets or strategy 

singles and levels between 75-80

volcarona (ace)/ flame body

vikavolt/ levitate

scolipede/ speed boost

escavalier/ overcoat

golisopod/ emergency exit

frosmoth/ ice scales

(this team could definitely be improved lol but this is just what i'm writing down for now)

i'd give out the swarm badge, along with the tm x-scissor 

I'd probably go with a Bug gym, myself. 

Heracross (Mega); Moxie/Skill Link

Volcorona; Flame Body

Golisopod; Emergency Exit

Yanmega; Speed Boost

Vikavolt; Levitate

Armaldo; Battle Armor

I always feel bug-types are hella underrated, love them so much

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, z64 said:

i'd go for a bug team! i'm not really a competitive player, so i'll just write out what pokemon i'd have, not so much the movesets or strategy 

singles and levels between 75-80

volcarona (ace)/ flame body

vikavolt/ levitate

scolipede/ speed boost

escavalier/ overcoat

golisopod/ emergency exit

frosmoth/ ice scales

(this team could definitely be improved lol but this is just what i'm writing down for now)

i'd give out the swarm badge, along with the tm x-scissor 

Shoot, you beat me to it lmao

1 minute ago, Zedus said:

I always feel bug-types are hella underrated, love them so much

same! i honestly wish there were more of them. whenever there are bug teams there tends to be a lot of overlap lol. not to mention the pretty vast range of actual bugs, which would lend itself to a lot of great designs. i would've put scizor on my team instead, but escavalier is pretty cool and i don't see it used very often

My Gym would be the final Gym as a powerful big team. (People think bug is weak so I’m about to prove them wrong.) I would give the player a choice to face me in a single or double battle. Each with their own unique teams and synergies. 

My Gym

Double Battle

Ribombee @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Shield Dust  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Pollen Puff  
- Stun Spore  
- Reflect  
- Light Screen  

Galvantula @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Unnerve  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe  
Hasty Nature  
- Sticky Web  
- Electroweb  
- Lunge  
- Protect  

Volbeat (M) @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Prankster  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Tail Glow  
- Baton Pass  
- Tailwind  
- Sunny Day  

Masquerain @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Scald  
- Giga Drain  
- Bug Buzz  
- Air Slash  

Volcarona @ Charcoal  
Ability: Swarm  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Heat Wave  
- Fiery Dance  
- Bug Buzz  
- Giga Drain  

Heracross @ Heracronite  
Ability: Moxie  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Close Combat  
- Rock Slide  
- Earthquake  
- Megahorn  

This Team would be focused around lowering your stats as much as possible and then send in the 3 heavy hitters in the back. The lead would be Galvantula and Ribombeeto begin setting up. Overall I feel that the best way to tackle this team is to have pivot moves between your strong Pokémon so to never lose momentum.

Single Battle

Araquanid @ Leftovers  
Ability: Water Bubble  
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 48 Def / 64 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Sticky Web  
- Lunge  
- Toxic  
- Liquidation  

Volcarona @ Grassium Z  
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 54 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Safeguard  
- Quiver Dance  
- Giga Drain  
- Fiery Dance  

Forretress @ Custap Berry  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Reflect  
- Light Screen  
- Explosion  
- Spikes  

Ninjask @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Speed Boost  
Adamant Nature  
- Protect  
- Swords Dance  
- Baton Pass  
- Acrobatics  

Scizor @ Leftovers  
Ability: Technician  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Iron Defense  
- Baton Pass  
- Bullet Punch  
- Roost  

Beedrill @ Beedrillite  
Shiny: Yes  
Jolly Nature  
- Fell Stinger  
- Poison Jab  
- X-Scissor  
- Drill Run

This team works like a pseudo baton pass team. Buffing stats and switching to the sweepers. Although Volcarona and Beedril pack quite the punch on their own. This team could be handled with using switch mechanics like Roar and Red card but don’t make that your only strategy.

Anyways that’s my gym. Let me know which team you’d rather face and why. :)

• Like 2

I would be a Psychic type Gym Leader~

My Gym Team would be:

Hatterene

Alolaichu

Malamar

Gothitelle

Starmie

Gallade

Format: Single Battle, Psychic Field and telekinesis pre-installed (all Pokemon (those meant to be grounded included) still get protected from priority moves)

Badge: Nebula Badge

TM given: Psyshock

Gym Puzzle: Player must navigate their way through teleporting tiles- wait that's been done. The entire inside of the gym is imbued with controlled psychic energy, and thus the player can float around a whole maze with bumps, items, and trainers along the way.* Items include some freebie rewards and gems that unlock other areas of the maze.

*There's no floor to the gym >:D

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't realize I saw this thread long ago and didn't even try to share some pieces of my imagination about me in the skin of a gym leader! Let's fix this mistake right away!

Field Effects: Dark Crystal Cavern

Healing Items: 3 Full Restores

Battle Format: Single Battle

Team:

Greninja

Ability: Protean

Held Item: Wise Glasses

Moveset: Dark Pulse, Surf, Grass Knot, Extrasensory

Drapion

Ability: Sniper

Held Item: Scope Lens

Moveset: Night Slash, Cross Poison, Ice Fang, Fell Stinger

Honchkrow

Ability: Moxie

Held Item: Darkinium Z

Moveset: Night Slash, Steel Wing, Sucker Punch, Drill Peck

Pangoro

Ability: Iron Fist

Held Item: Assault Vest

Moveset: Knock Off, Drain Punch, Thunder Punch, Bullet Punch

Sableye

Ability: Prankster

Held Item: Sablenite

Moveset: Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Power Gem, Recover

Spiritomb

Ability: Pressure

Held Item: Chesto Berry

Moveset: Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Rest

Gym Challenge:

First of all, you have to know that the arena where this battle takes place is located in Reborn, but it lies far in the bowels of the earth. In fact, it lies several steps beneath the Victory Road. The entrance can be found at the end of an isolated path somewhere at the base of Charous Mountain. The challenger has to go through six different stages inside of a bleak grotto, an environment made of deep fissures with plenty of colorful crystals at the first two stages, wooden bridges and some natural water streams along the walls. There will be no hikers, nor ace trainers around to defy you. At each stage of the grotto, you'll have to unlock a mechanical door that only opens once the brightness level of the area is low enough. The brightness sensors on them will disengage the locking function if you manage to find and destroy the unique source of light that is hidden at the floor you are exploring, a holy stone. Of course, smashing a holy stone will drastically decrease the luminosity of the stage but it will also open the door in the process. Note that as you do so, the music will change and will be replace with another atmosphere theme that fits gloomy and lonely areas better and you'll have to retrace your steps to reach the door you have unlocked. However you have to be careful. When the shadow arrives, things will quickly turn out to be more lively in the cavern. When you'll least expect it, you'll have to fight a herd of Rock and Dark types Pokemon in a double battle. They'll try to block you while you go back after smashing the holy stone of the stage you're in. The level of the Pokemon in the herds will become higher the deeper you go inside the grim grotto. And don't try to get around them, Escape Ropes will always be ineffective while you'll be in this place. To go further with the details, the field effect of the first two stages of the cavern is Crystal Cavern, then for the rest of the descent, the envrionment will look more like the caves of Iolia Valley while remaining more spacious and imposing, and your next encounters will be fought in the Dark Crystal Cavern field. Arriving at the fifth floor, you'll find yourself in a circular room. But the setting of this stage is different from the previous ones. The luminosity is at its lowest the first time you go down there as opposed to the previous stages where it wasn't the case and the water streams are replaced with lava streams. Plus, there is a mechanical door but no holy stones to smash. Instead of that, you'll have to interact with a statue of Darkrai displayed at the middle of the room. As you touch the intriguing sculpture, the light will come back slowly and the statue will shake and come to life with the cry of a fake Darkrai resonating everywhere in the room.

Darkrai

Ability: Bad Dreams

Held Item: Magical Seed

Moveset: Dark Void, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Sludge Bomb

Defeating fake Darkrai will disengage the last door that kept you separated from the final destination of your descent to hell which will enable you to take a ladder to reach the sixth floor: the arena floor (Also called "Sheol Belvedere"). Be prepared, the Gym Leader can't wait for some daring adversaries to join him underground!

Rewards: Stygian Badge & TM04 (Calm Mind)

Music tracks:

Stage 1 & 2 -----> Atmosphere - Mirage (Speed x0.80)

Stage 3 & 4 -----> Atmosphere - Mirage (Speed x0.70)

Stage 5 -----> Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Cryptic Cave (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekbagcPEmbU)

Stage 6 (Sheol Belvedere) -----> Atmosphere - Somewhere (Speed x0.50)

Music that plays after you smash a holy stone -----> Reborn - Coral (Speed x0.50)

Fake Darkrai's Battle-----> Old Shade's Theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIRZyivuwvI)

Gym Leader's Battle-----> Pokemon Black & White - Elite 4 Remix (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q1PmDSu_Ak)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't have a type specialty but something else 

Use a Doubles format 

Likely using Rain with

Swift Swim Ludicolo (Leftovers) 

Giga Drain

Hydro Pump 

Rain Dance

Ice Beam? 

Pelliper with Drizzle (Damp Rock) 

Hurricane 

Surf

Uturn

Tailwind 

Dracovish with strong jaw( Life Orb) 

Fishious Rend

Psychic Fangs

Crunch 

Thunder Fang

Lanturn with Water Absorb (Magnet) 

Thunder 

Volt switch 

Scald

Ice Beam

Lapras with Water Absorb (Life Orb) 

Freeze-Dry 

Surf

Thunder 

Rain Dance

Ferrothorn with Iron Barbs (Rocky Helmet) 

Leech Seed

Gyroball

Power whip 

Protect 

For singles I'd do something like Blue in the Johto games with a sorta balanced team

Edited by JDMM
  • Like 1