Jump to content

Do you consider skipping breeding and just maxing out IVs (when you have the means to get max IVs) cheating?


Do you consider skipping breeding and just maxing out IVs (when you have the means to get max IVs) cheating?  

37 members have voted

  1. 1. Q in Title. For more context, you get a gift Sylveon with maxed IVs, which you can use to breed any max IV pokemon. Do you think skipping this step and just maxing out IVs with debug mode is cheating? (Better explanation in comments)

    • Yes, this is still cheating, if you want max IVs then do the breeding.
      3
    • No it is not cheating. It can be done legitimately, this is just speeding up the process.
      17
    • It is a singleplayer game people can do what they want.
      13
    • You can do WHAT with that Sylveon?!?
      3
    • Other (Tell me your answer in the comments, or don't IDK)
      1

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/19/21 at 04:05 AM

Recommended Posts

Here is how this works.

 

You need a max IV Pokémon that is Male, in this case we have the gift Sylveon.

 

 If your Sylveon is female then breed it until you get a male Eevee with max IVs. The destiny knot lets the IVs transfer to children.

 

Egg groups are important here. They basically determine what can breed with what. Most Pokemon have one egg group but some have two. This is the key to allowing us to breed max IVs on any Pokemon.

 

Let's say I want to get a maxed out Gible. Breed the Sylveon with a Pokemon that has multiple egg groups, for example, Spheal is water 1 and field. Once I get a 6 Max IV spheal. I can now access both the field and water 1 egg groups. Now I can breed my Spheal with say a Horsea to get a 6 IV Pokemon in the dragon egg group, which means I can now get a gible with max IVs. 

 

EDIT: I forgot this little bit. The final 6 IV mon you get needs to be male. The female is the one that determines what mon it is, so if your just breeding for a 6 IV dragon breeding slave, you will want it to be male. If you don't have a female of the species you want to breed, then you can use a ditto to get one (or just catch more if applicable).

 

Now just breed your new team with Max IVs!

 

Unfortunately, this will take a while which is why I elected to skip the process and just use cheats instead, but it is a thing that you can do.

Which of course brings us to the main question of, if people view this as cheating or not. I am honestly curious of what people are thinking here. Hopefully my explanation was sufficient. 

Edited by pizzagod13
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hardcore against IVs, I think this mechanic is unnecessary and just time consuming..

EVs and Nature are fine since they can be costumized to the trainers needs and a good example of this are Pokemons like Nidoking/Queen and Tyranitar, these pokemons can have both Special or Physical Attacker builds depending on how you spread the EVs and their Nature, because EVs have limitations and Natures have downsides they are balanced mechanics that only enrich the gameplay HOWEVER IVs are extremely pointless since they have no limitations or downsides are all, you can have any Pokemon have 31IVs and all 6 stats, it just consumes a ridiculous amount of time to do so and the worst part is that IVs can be a decisive part of, for example, if you Pokemon attacks first or not..

I even asked before in the v13 thread if someone was willing to make a mod that just disregards IVs entirely or make all Pokemons encountered (either wild or trainners) full 31IVs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MhicKy said:

I am hardcore against IVs, I think this mechanic is unnecessary and just time consuming..

EVs and Nature are fine since they can be costumized to the trainers needs and a good example of this are Pokemons like Nidoking/Queen and Tyranitar, these pokemons can have both Special or Physical Attacker builds depending on how you spread the EVs and their Nature, because EVs have limitations and Natures have downsides they are balanced mechanics that only enrich the gameplay HOWEVER IVs are extremely pointless since they have no limitations or downsides are all, you can have any Pokemon have 31IVs and all 6 stats, it just consumes a ridiculous amount of time to do so and the worst part is that IVs can be a decisive part of, for example, if you Pokemon attacks first or not..

I even asked before in the v13 thread if someone was willing to make a mod that just disregards IVs entirely or make all Pokemons encountered (either wild or trainners) full 31IVs.

In Rejuvenation, if you choose the hardest mode, ALL pokemon except the shadow ones have maximum IVs

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alisekoroleva said:

In Rejuvenation, if you choose the hardest mode, ALL pokemon except the shadow ones have maximum IVs

I played the hardest mode once and never saw that..
I even played it in debug mode so.. I don't know where this is going.. Unless there was some change that I am unaware off (I've been offline of this forum for a year).

But if this mechanic do exist, why is it only exclusive of the hardest difficulty tho'? I mean, Casual doesn't really need the 31IVs in everything but the Reborn Style (normal difficulty) kinda does, specially around Terajuma.


-EDIT-
I just checked, I don't know why you told me this but that's just false.. I started a new game in Intense Mode and my starter didn't had all IVs on 31.. Then I decided to capture some other Pokemon to see if that's just the starter and he also didn't had all IVs on 31.. So I don't know if you're confusing something here or just lying to me for some reason..

Edited by MhicKy
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MhicKy said:

I am hardcore against IVs, I think this mechanic is unnecessary and just time consuming..

EVs and Nature are fine since they can be costumized to the trainers needs and a good example of this are Pokemons like Nidoking/Queen and Tyranitar, these pokemons can have both Special or Physical Attacker builds depending on how you spread the EVs and their Nature, because EVs have limitations and Natures have downsides they are balanced mechanics that only enrich the gameplay HOWEVER IVs are extremely pointless since they have no limitations or downsides are all, you can have any Pokemon have 31IVs and all 6 stats, it just consumes a ridiculous amount of time to do so and the worst part is that IVs can be a decisive part of, for example, if you Pokemon attacks first or not..

I even asked before in the v13 thread if someone was willing to make a mod that just disregards IVs entirely or make all Pokemons encountered (either wild or trainners) full 31IVs.

 

Certainly would save time, since most of the Gym Leaders/Rivals/Admins act like teams you'd face in Pokemon Showdown.  I was given some seed pokemon, but it's still super slow.

 

 

EDIT:  It can also create a narrative disconnect.  Something important is happening but you gotta breed and hatch six dozen eggs, and then train them from level one to wherever you are any time you need to swap to another party of pokemon.  It can ruin any sense of urgency of the scenes due to that unless you're literally locked in.

Edited by Reshy
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MhicKy said:

I played the hardest mode once and never saw that..
I even played it in debug mode so.. I don't know where this is going.. Unless there was some change that I am unaware off (I've been offline of this forum for a year).

But if this mechanic do exist, why is it only exclusive of the hardest difficulty tho'? I mean, Casual doesn't really need the 31IVs in everything but the Reborn Style (normal difficulty) kinda does, specially around Terajuma.


-EDIT-
I just checked, I don't know why you told me this but that's just false.. I started a new game in Intense Mode and my starter didn't had all IVs on 31.. Then I decided to capture some other Pokemon to see if that's just the starter and he also didn't had all IVs on 31.. So I don't know if you're confusing something here or just lying to me for some reason..

It's an error from him, he was surely talking about the enemy's pokemons, not the one you catch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MhicKy said:

I played the hardest mode once and never saw that..
I even played it in debug mode so.. I don't know where this is going.. Unless there was some change that I am unaware off (I've been offline of this forum for a year).

But if this mechanic do exist, why is it only exclusive of the hardest difficulty tho'? I mean, Casual doesn't really need the 31IVs in everything but the Reborn Style (normal difficulty) kinda does, specially around Terajuma.


-EDIT-
I just checked, I don't know why you told me this but that's just false.. I started a new game in Intense Mode and my starter didn't had all IVs on 31.. Then I decided to capture some other Pokemon to see if that's just the starter and he also didn't had all IVs on 31.. So I don't know if you're confusing something here or just lying to me for some reason..

I didn't lie, ALL of the pokemon except the shadow ones (which means stationary mons, wild mons, gift mons, mons from breeding, other trainers' mons, etc.) have 6x31 IVs in hard mode

Maybe your game is outdated, maybe my game is broken, maybe it's cuz of the mods, I dunno

But I definetely did NOT lie, why would I?

And I am sure I am not mistaken as well

EDIT: For reference, I play Rejuv V12.2 with MKXP port and Rejuvenation Modular Modpack

I've also edited Scripts.rxdata to enable debug

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alisekoroleva said:

I didn't lie, ALL of the pokemon except the shadow ones (which means stationary mons, wild mons, gift mons, mons from breeding, other trainers' mons, etc.) have 6x31 IVs in hard mode

Maybe your game is outdated, maybe my game is broken, maybe it's cuz of the mods, I dunno

But I definetely did NOT lie, why would I?

And I am sure I am not mistaken as well

EDIT: For reference, I play Rejuv V12.2 with MKXP port and Rejuvenation Modular Modpack

I've also edited Scripts.rxdata to enable debug

Then it's probably because of something else then (the mod, more likely), since I play the unmoded version of the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm against it, at least for your first play through as I believe Jan himself discourages others from using debug.

At the same time, however, I agree with Mhicky about being against IVs all together. 
"Oh, you finally hatched a shiney of the Pokemon you wanted?  Well that's too bad because it's *insert stat your mon can use* IV is in the single digits despite using destiny knot, power items and Arceus knows what else for other stats so you get to roll the dice all over again!"  

The amount of eggs I have hatched so far is pretty depressing. 

I wish there was a way to purchase something in game with achievement points or some other currency that improves IVs, or barring that a shiny paint similar to how Pokemon Desolation does (and not just as an option after you beat the game).

Edit: spelling

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, if using debug mode is just speeding up whatever process you can already do at the time, and/or its in a single player game where by now you've done a few runs and want to try something new, its completely fine. I don't have the time to spend hours breeding for IVs when I can spend like three minutes to get the same result.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I said this in another thread but I'm against using Debug mode to gain significant advantages regardless of whether or not the game provides them, at least in the first playthrough. 


Significant advantages being those that allow dishonest progression.

i.e Unavailable Pokemon, early Crests or the Mega Ring and unavailable mega stones or Z-crystals or on a smaller scale things such as changing a Pokemon's ability, nature or as is the topic at hand, it's IVs.


Nonetheless, I'll never judge anyone who does these things. It's their game and as Rejuv has no online server for multiple player interactions it will never effect anyone other than the doer (though from my experience that's insured anyway as use of Debug mode tends to result in being banned from online servers). 

 

I'll admit to falling to temptation and using Debug for minor things I wouldn't usually condone. I really do try to be good but I am the devil after all. 😏

What I am referring to is giving myself a heart scale or two when out to use the Move Re-learner, giving Earthquake to my Gliscor and changing ONE IV and only because it was 0. It was the attack IV on my Absol.

I didn't feel like breeding at the time especially since the Daycare mod isn't available for the GDC daycare and I'm a shiny hunter. If it's any consolation, the poor thing is pretty squishy unfortunately. 

 

I'll even admit to one major abuse: *takes deep breath* I duplicated Melia's Mimikyu. 😰 I know I suck but I was really disappointed when she got it instead of us. Thus far I've only used it once and it was against Challenger Neptune which is a side quest/optional battle so doesn't effect progression. I'm now considering using it in the upcoming battle I have with Dufaux, also a side quest/optional battle but I'm gonna try it without first. 

 

Interestingly, from what I've read, in earlier versions there was an IV changing service in the Hospital of Hope but was horrendously expensive at around 350K for a single IV. The V9 follower is still available to download or at least was when I begun the game at maximum of a couple of years ago as I'd installed it without looking at the version number by accident. Therefore it's potentially possible to exploit this old service if you're that desperate and don't want to entirely cheat with Debug. I've considered it but haven't yet tried it.

 

I don't 100% understand IVs other than that the higher the IV, the higher the stats or perhaps the higher the max stats.  Bottom line higher IVs = a stronger Pokemon. Or at least that's been my observation though based on @MhicKy's comment, perhaps I am incorrect. They've now drawn my attention to the fact that we can't see IVs in the mainstream games. If they're such a significant factor, what is the reason for this?

  

 

On 2/14/2021 at 9:21 PM, MhicKy said:

I even asked before in the v13 thread if someone was willing to make a mod that just disregards IVs entirely or make all Pokemons encountered (either wild or trainners) full 31IVs.

 

If this mod were to be created I'd consider using it. The time and effort needed to control IVs is far more tedious than shiny hunting even with mainstream shiny odds. 

 

On 2/14/2021 at 11:26 PM, alisekoroleva said:

In Rejuvenation, if you choose the hardest mode, ALL pokemon except the shadow ones have maximum IVs

 

This is incorrect. I am watching a Youtuber playing V12 in intense mode and none of his Pokemon are max IVs.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MhicKy said:

I am hardcore against IVs, I think this mechanic is unnecessary and just time consuming..

EVs and Nature are fine since they can be costumized to the trainers needs and a good example of this are Pokemons like Nidoking/Queen and Tyranitar, these pokemons can have both Special or Physical Attacker builds depending on how you spread the EVs and their Nature, because EVs have limitations and Natures have downsides they are balanced mechanics that only enrich the gameplay HOWEVER IVs are extremely pointless since they have no limitations or downsides are all, you can have any Pokemon have 31IVs and all 6 stats, it just consumes a ridiculous amount of time to do so and the worst part is that IVs can be a decisive part of, for example, if you Pokemon attacks first or not..

I even asked before in the v13 thread if someone was willing to make a mod that just disregards IVs entirely or make all Pokemons encountered (either wild or trainners) full 31IVs.

Yeah I completely feel the same way, IVs offer nothing, they just make the enemy Pokemon better than yours. No matter what you do if your IVs are worse your same mon will lose (unless you get a crit or something). Like it is literally just artificial difficult, they are just better than your mons for no reason. 

 

I don't think I will do the same thing in Reborn thought, since the tools do do so are not really there (to do it legitimately). If I was blessed by lord Arceus with a max IV mon then it would be a different story... (not to mention I already finished Reborn but w/e)

 

As for a mod, yeah I would use that if it was a thing, would make things so much easier... Like even Pokemon Dark Rising Kazio had that as a feature and that game is hot garbage, still played all of it thought, so joke is on me I suppose....

5 hours ago, Calentz said:

I'm against it, at least for your first play through as I believe Jan himself discourages others from using debug.

At the same time, however, I agree with Mhicky about being against IVs all together. 
"Oh, you finally hatched a shiney of the Pokemon you wanted?  Well that's too bad because it's *insert stat your mon can use* IV is in the single digits despite using destiny knot, power items and Arceus knows what else for other stats so you get to roll the dice all over again!"  

The amount of eggs I have hatched so far is pretty depressing. 

I wish there was a way to purchase something in game with achievement points or some other currency that improves IVs, or barring that a shiny paint similar to how Pokemon Desolation does (and not just as an option after you beat the game).

Edit: spelling

That is fair, I only did it towards the end of what is available (literally before the 14th gym to be exact). Breeding that Sylveon becomes available after the first visit to the Desert, so I feel I could have done it fairly after I could leave the desert for the first time. I view it as fair personally, I could have legitimately did the breeding but that would have been super boring and tedious, so I skipped it with debug.

3 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

I said this in another thread but I'm against using Debug mode to gain significant advantages regardless of whether or not the game provides them, at least in the first playthrough. 
Significant advantages is defined as an advantage that allows dishonest progression.

i.e Unavailable Pokemon, early Crests or the Mega Ring or on a smaller scale things such as changing a Pokemon's ability, nature or as is the topic at hand, it's IVs.
However, I'll never judge anyone who does these things. It's their game and there's no online system that allows interactions with other players therefore it effects no one but the doer. 

 

I'll admit to falling to temptation and using Debug for minor things I wouldn't usually condone. I really do try to be good but I am the devil after all. 😏

What I am referring to is giving myself a heart scale or two when out to use the Move Re-learner, giving Earthquake to my Gliscor and changing ONE IV and only because it was 0. It was the attack IV on my Absol.

I didn't feel like breeding at the time especially since the Daycare mod isn't available for the GDC daycare and I'm a shiny hunter. If it's any consolation, the poor thing is pretty squishy unfortunately. 

 

I'll even admit to one major abuse: *takes deep breath* I duplicated Melia's Mimikyu. 😰 I know I suck but I was really disappointed when she got it instead of us. Thus far I've only used it once and it was against Challenger Neptune which is a side quest/optional battle so doesn't effect progression. I'm now considering using it in the upcoming battle I have with Dufaux, also a side quest/optional battle but I'm gonna try it without first. 

 

Interestingly, from what I've read, in earlier versions there was an IV changing service in the Hospital of Hope but was horrendously expensive at around 350K for a single IV. The V9 follower is still available to download or at least was when I begun the game at maximum of a couple of years ago as I'd installed it without looking at the version number by accident. Therefore it's potentially possible to exploit this old service if you're that desperate and don't want to entirely cheat with Debug. I've considered it but haven't yet tried it.

 

I don't 100% understand IVs other than that the higher the IV, the higher the stats or perhaps the higher the max stats.  Bottom line higher IVs = a stronger Pokemon. Or at least that's been my observation though based on @MhicKy's comment, perhaps I am incorrect. They've now drawn my attention to the fact that we can't see IVs in the mainstream games. If they're such a significant factor, what is the reason for this?

  

 

 

If this mod were to be created I'd consider using it. The time and effort needed to control IVs is far more tedious than shiny hunting even with mainstream shiny odds. 

 

 

This is incorrect. I am watching a Youtuber playing V12 in intense mode and none of his Pokemon are max IVs.  

The way IVs work is like this. At lv 100 each point in a IV is 1 point in that stat. So the difference from having 0 IV and 31 IV is 31 stat points. At lower levels this is lessened, but with the game going up to lv85 currently the bonuses are pretty large at this point. So much so that having bad IVs is a death sentence to a mon. Often times they are the difference between going first or second, or living a hit or dying in two (this is especially important in battles with fields that increase damage). As for why you can't see them in the mainline games the reason? Who knows. There is a way to see them in Sword/Shield thought. 

 

Also, I did not use it for anything that could not be done legitimately cause I feel the same way. My Garchomp only knows dig and it hurts...

Edited by pizzagod13
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, pizzagod13 said:

The way IVs work is like this. At lv 100 each point in a IV is 1 point in that stat. So the difference from having 0 IV and 31 IV is 31 stat points. At lower levels this is lessened, but with the game going up to lv85 currently the bonuses are pretty large at this point. So much so that having bad IVs is a death sentence to a mon. Often times they are the difference between going first or second, or living a hit or dying in two (this is especially important in battles with fields that increase damage).

 

Wow. I had no idea IVs effected that much. 
That IVs are a deciding factor in going first or not and survivability is kind of overboard I think. 

 

19 minutes ago, pizzagod13 said:

And honestly not trying to judge, but,  I feel like the cheating you did for the Gliscor and Mimikyu is actually worse than what I did, since it can't be done legitimately. Regardless, it is a singleplayer game so you can really do whatever you want.

 

Yes, I am aware. I never tried to argue otherwise and as I said, I've only used Mimikyu in a side quest/optional battle because I feel guilty. 

 

As for Gliscor, I suppose I should have just stuck with my Nidoking with Earth Power. Despite it's weaknesses, It wasn't that bad. He actually had my back for quite some time though by the time I got Gliscor I actually didn't need Earthquake in most boss/gym battles. Rift Hippowdon was the one exception.

I did use Earthquake against Flora/Ryland but via Swampert and Toreterra both of whom do learn it legitimately. My Gliscor did take part in that battle but just to taunt Nidoqueen so it couldn't set up Toxic Spikes after which it got one-shot by Ice Beam. 

 

I have the Bulldoze TM now so now that I can teach Gliscor a legit Ground move, I'll delete Earthquake. I'm actually at the Sheridan Move tutor now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

 

Wow. I had no idea IVs effected that much. 
That IVs are a deciding factor in going first or not and survivability is kind of overboard I think. 

 

 

Yes, I am aware. I never tried to argue otherwise and as I said, I've only used Mimikyu in a side quest/optional battle because I feel guilty. 

 

As for Gliscor, I suppose I should have just stuck with my Nidoking with Earth Power. Despite it's weaknesses, It wasn't that bad. He actually had my back for quite some time though by the time I got Gliscor I actually didn't need Earthquake in most boss/gym battles. Rift Hippowdon was the one exception.

I did use Earthquake against Flora/Ryland but via Swampert and Toreterra both of whom do learn it legitimately. My Gliscor did take part in that battle but just to taunt Nidoqueen so it couldn't set up Toxic Spikes after which it got one-shot by Ice Beam. 

They CAN be the deciding factor they wont always be, but a 31 point boost to every stat is pretty important. After I did it, I found my Greninja and Espeon survived hits way more often rather than just dying instantly to everything. 

 

And yeah, sorry about saying the Gliscor thing lol, I went to delete it because I had second thoughts about saying that. Guess I was too late lol. It is pretty dumb that it does not learn EQ by level up anyway...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pizzagod13 said:

They CAN be the deciding factor they wont always be, but a 31 point boost to every stat is pretty important. After I did it, I found my Greninja and Espeon survived hits way more often rather than just dying instantly to everything. 

 

 

Good to know. As I said I might have used Debug to change my Absol's attack IV but it's so squishy that it hardly matters. It doesn't survive much at all even though the rest of it's IVs are not terrible. 

 

3 minutes ago, pizzagod13 said:

And yeah, sorry about saying the Gliscor thing lol, I went to delete it because I had second thoughts about saying that. Guess I was too late lol. It is pretty dumb that it does not learn EQ by level up anyway...

 

It's quite ridiculous really (same with Garchomp BTW, once I got one in Reborn I was super annoyed that we didn't get EQ while Soloaris did)  but don't worry about it, I was feeling guilty about it from the beginning and now that I have Bulldoze I'm at the Sheridan Move Tutor deciding what to replace EQ with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, pizzagod13 said:

 

That is fair, I only did it towards the end of what is available (literally before the 14th gym to be exact). Breeding that Sylveon becomes available after the first visit to the Desert, so I feel I could have done it fairly after I could leave the desert for the first time. I view it as fair personally, I could have legitimately did the breeding but that would have been super boring and tedious, so I skipped it with debug.

 


People are free to agree or disagree.  I definitely understand the sentiment when it comes to a single player game and how your game play effects only yourself in this case, heck I have a gameshark for my old DS and even one for a playstation 2 sitting around somewhere to prove that lol.

My reasoning for Pokemon Rejuvenation in this instance is that Jan and the devs are making this game for free, and are providing it for us to play with which is awesome!
So when he says he doesn't like people using debug for it (discourages, etc.  Can't find the actual quote anybody is free to correct me on this), I feel the least I can do as a fan is to make at least 1 play through as the game is in development the way it was intended at the time without any short cuts.  Even though i'm doing it on casual <.< >.>
Yes I realize the irony on doing it on casual vs normal XD

Again, anyone is free to disagree.  That's just my own personal reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Calentz said:

I have a gameshark for my old DS and even one for a playstation 2 sitting around somewhere to prove that lol.

 Ah Gamesharks. I had one for my Gameboy color, 2 actually because the first one got corrupted so I replaced it hehe. 

 

I have a Powersaves for 3DS now which I've only used for 2 shinies (Rowlet which I tried resetting to get for two years and Lunala which is shiny locked) and getting the entire wardrobe in Ultra Sun and a Gameshark for PS2 which is now useless because I disconnected my PS2 when we got a PS4 which meant I could take the PS3 to my room.
 

 

14 minutes ago, Calentz said:

My reasoning for Pokemon Rejuvenation in this instance is that Jan and the devs are making this game for free, and are providing it for us to play with which is awesome!
So when he says he doesn't like people using debug for it (discourages, etc.  Can't find the actual quote anybody is free to correct me on this), I feel the least I can do as a fan is to make at least 1 play through as the game is in development the way it was intended at the time without any short cuts.  Even though i'm doing it on casual <.< >.>

 

That's an entirely fair perspective. I have all respect for Jan and the other Devs even though I've used Debug for a few things. 

 

BTW, I'm in Normal mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only time using debug that can be consider cheating is that when you literally give yourself stuff isn't in the game yet like the mega ring for the sole purpose of having it to have it especially on your first play of the game.    Also I agree there should be a mod that has it set to 31/31/31/31/31/31/. Also a majority of the fights in Intense have perfect IVS not all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AdamAsh123456 said:

I think the only time using debug that can be consider cheating is that when you literally give yourself stuff isn't in the game yet like the mega ring for the sole purpose of having it to have it especially on your first play of the game.    Also I agree there should be a mod that has it set to 31/31/31/31/31/31/. Also a majority of the fights in Intense have perfect IVS not all.

I meant boss battles. Pretty much every single one has max IVs and EV training on normal mode. I imagine some normal battles don't, but boss battles do, at least according to the wiki... when you play as other trainers they also have maxed IVs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, this thread blew up!

I am glad to hear that most people agree that IVs are just a waste of time, I use debug mode just to skip myself from wasting so much time in this, like @AdamAsh123456 said, I don't like to use it to give myself stuff, just to tweak the IVs and even so I feel dirty while doing it.. That's why I always wanted IVs to be totally disregarded even in a mod or in the core game itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do admit to having given myself crests before, if only because Crests are only available so absurdly late into the game that you're not really going to have a chance to use them really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tikkit said:

I do admit to having given myself crests before, if only because Crests are only available so absurdly late into the game that you're not really going to have a chance to use them really.

 

Honestly, they probably should make them available early, since you can theoretically get a 6IV pokemon from the start of the game.  No reason for it to only be available so late into the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...