Do you consider skipping breeding and just maxing out IVs (when you have the means to get max IVs) cheating?

pizzagod13

Do you consider skipping breeding and just maxing out IVs (when you have the means to get max IVs) cheating?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Q in Title. For more context, you get a gift Sylveon with maxed IVs, which you can use to breed any max IV pokemon. Do you think skipping this step and just maxing out IVs with debug mode is cheating? (Better explanation in comments)

• Yes, this is still cheating, if you want max IVs then do the breeding.
    • No it is not cheating. It can be done legitimately, this is just speeding up the process.
    • It is a singleplayer game people can do what they want.
    • You can do WHAT with that Sylveon?!?
    • Other (Tell me your answer in the comments, or don't IDK)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/19/21 at 04:05 AM

I personally use two specific options in the debug menu. The 'generate egg in daycare' option and the 'set eggsteps to 1' option. I still have to put the right pokemon and items in the daycare, as well as getting the right stats and genders on the babies and do all the other steps, but I just skip the generating and hatching parts, which are the most time consuming ones. I personally dont feel like wasting time waiting and running the same path 300 times. 

6 hours ago, Guy that likes Dragons said:

I personally use two specific options in the debug menu. The 'generate egg in daycare' option and the 'set eggsteps to 1' option. I still have to put the right pokemon and items in the daycare, as well as getting the right stats and genders on the babies and do all the other steps, but I just skip the generating and hatching parts, which are the most time consuming ones. I personally dont feel like wasting time waiting and running the same path 300 times. 

Seems like a pretty reasonable way to do it, definitely seems like it would save a ton of time. Might consider doing that instead in the future, but at the same time it just feels like what I did but with extra steps.

7 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

Seems like a pretty reasonable way to do it, definitely seems like it would save a ton of time. Might consider doing that instead in the future, but at the same time it just feels like what I did but with extra steps.

Thats a fair point, but too me, it just feels like a bit more of a legit way of breeding, whilst still saving time.